Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bart

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm :roll:
And this is a good thing...why? https://www.instagram.com/p/B87j_AKBhaO ... gmtwu6o6xn
That is a shot glass full of booze as your avatar correct? Just checking.

Don't smoke pot, don't eat edibles, don't plan on it but if my memory serves me correct more people die related to alcohol in the US than related to pot. Since he is in the business perhaps aFan has better data on this than my shoddy memory. And yes, I drink.

Is it a good thing? Seems it would be for those who like pot. I'd like to see all the relevant 5 year data in the legalized states.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bart wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 am
And this is a good thing...why? https://www.instagram.com/p/B87j_AKBhaO ... gmtwu6o6xn

Don't smoke pot, don't eat edibles, don't plan on it but if my memory serves me correct more people die related to alcohol in the US than related to pot. Since he is in the business perhaps aFan has better data on this than my shoddy memory. And yes, I drink.

Is it a good thing? Seems it would be for those who like pot. I'd like to see all the relevant 5 year data in the legalized states.
You are proving the point, certainly alcohol is the cause for many unfortunate and avoidable incidents....now do we need to add pot into the fray to compound the problem? I am by no means comparing the two equally, simply stating we do not need to introduce another mind and body altering drug into the entire community. Simply seems irresponsible, knowing what we do about drugs and alcohol.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:04 am

You are proving the point, certainly alcohol is the cause for many unfortunate and avoidable incidents....now do we need to add pot into the fray to compound the problem? I am by no means comparing the two equally, simply stating we do not need to introduce another mind and body altering drug into the entire community. Simply seems irresponsible, knowing what we do about drugs and alcohol.
Then why not ban alcohol and legalize pot? One for one correct? We are no worse off in regards to the totality of mind and body altering drugs available. I am assuming you'd favor alcohol because it is your choice for mind and body altering drug?

The whole thing seems irresponsible put that way. Why allow ANY mind body altering drug?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:04 am

Then why not ban alcohol and legalize pot? One for one correct? We are no worse off in regards to the totality of mind and body altering drugs available. I am assuming you'd favor alcohol because it is your choice for mind and body altering drug?

The whole thing seems irresponsible put that way. Why allow ANY mind body altering drug?
The word that caught my attention was "introduce" as if pot's not a reality today "in the fray". The question to me is legality, criminalization. Why should one drug used be legal and another illegal?

And I look at the unintended consequences of making various drugs illegal and come to the conclusion that while there would be costs of legality, they would be outweighed by the benefits of regulated, taxed, controlled distribution under decriminalization, the reduction in violence, the costs of policing and incarceration, and the reduction in incentives to attract children into usage.

I'm opposed to ANY mass marketing of drugs, including alcohol, but the current criminalization of usage regime is terribly costly and really doesn't limit access.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:28 pm I’m not very up to speed on religion but I do believe there was a New Testament written at some point.
There is wide spread agreement on the desire to minimize the number, from all across the political spectrum. That is already being achieved. We have the ability from a technical perspective to make abortions extremely rare, but that is not good enough for these people. They want all of society to be forced - yes forced, through sanctions, punishments, to bend a knee to their god.
Who the h*ll are you kidding?

Thats the line of BS you libs fed us 65 million aborted babies ago.

Current democrat state legislatures are passing laws to allow late third term abortions up to and including full term. The governor of Virginia told us how the NEWBORN would be kept warm and comfortable till the mother killed it.

The DNC is working hard to eliminate the Hide amendment so taxpayers will fund All abortions.

This doesn't even take into effect you abortion ghouls negotiating the sale of harvested fetal parts over Chardonnay and brie.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The consensus so far here in CO is that:

1. Pot is better than booze when it comes to accidents, violence, domestic abuse. Pot heads really are more mellow.

2. Pot is MUCH better than booze when it comes to driving. Although no one, obviously, should drive while impaired. Also more difficult to measure impairment for pot than booze. THC traces remain for many days/weeks, so they don't correlate to impairment the way a BAC does.

3. Adults are using pot a bit more than before, but not a huge spike. There were plenty of potheads before legalization, they now just buy legally.

4. Teenage use is basically flat since legalization.

5. The main concern is teen use. Pot does seem to have some stronger effects on developing brains. And the small form factor (especially with edibles) can make pot more insidious than booze. Hard for a high schooler to carry a six pack around in his backpack.

6. There were some early hiccups, but most seem to have been worked out.

FWIW, I'm a bourbon guy who voted against legalization.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am surprised to see this from you, youth. It's a good thing for a whole lot of reasons, one of which is to get it off the black market and bring it above board so as to collect taxes on the on the multi billion dollar business. Legalize and regulate it and stop making criminals out of people who chose it as their poison (which is farrrrrrrrrrr less harmful than alcohol, there's not even an argument there). Do we need any more evidence that the war on marijuana has been a disasterous failure and never really put as much as a dent in availabilty and use? We can start with the reasons why it was made illegal to begin with....all lies. Tell me how much truth you see here (I'd put the full lenght up bit you'll never watch it all).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0 Get it off of Sched 1 and deal with the reality of it. Virtually nothing changes in use or availability, the only real difference is the taxes collected on sales.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 am
Am surprised to see this from you, youth. It's a good thing for a whole lot of reasons, one of which is to get it off the black market and bring it above board so as to collect taxes on the on the multi billion dollar business. Legalize and regulate it and stop making criminals out of people who chose it as their poison (which is farrrrrrrrrrr less harmful than alcohol, there's not even an argument there). Do we need any more evidence that the war on marijuana has been a disasterous failure and never really put as much as a dent in availabilty and use? We can start with the reasons why it was made illegal to begin with....all lies. Tell me how much truth you see here (I'd put the full lenght up bit you'll never watch it all).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0 Get it off of Sched 1 and deal with the reality of it. Virtually nothing changes in use or availability, the only real difference is the taxes collected on sales.
Not directed at YA, but this "what about the kids"..... I hear this from too many people that will turn around and host underage teen drinking parties or don't care if their 15/16 year olds are out getting tanked every weekend..... just boys blowing off steam..... hypocrites.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DMac wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 am
Yep. Now all we gotta do is get all of the ex-pols out of the Cannabis lobbying chain as their new gigs.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

speaking of weed, Hollywood's movie tribute has been colorized:

:mrgreen:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Bart

Post by Bart »

ggait wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am
The consensus so far here in CO is that:

1. Pot is better than booze when it comes to accidents, violence, domestic abuse. Pot heads really are more mellow.

2. Pot is MUCH better than booze when it comes to driving. Although no one, obviously, should drive while impaired. Also more difficult to measure impairment for pot than booze. THC traces remain for many days/weeks, so they don't correlate to impairment the way a BAC does.

3. Adults are using pot a bit more than before, but not a huge spike. There were plenty of potheads before legalization, they now just buy legally.

4. Teenage use is basically flat since legalization.

5. The main concern is teen use. Pot does seem to have some stronger effects on developing brains. And the small form factor (especially with edibles) can make pot more insidious than booze. Hard for a high schooler to carry a six pack around in his backpack.

6. There were some early hiccups, but most seem to have been worked out.

FWIW, I'm a bourbon guy who voted against legalization.
Thanks for the info. Interesting
DMac

Post by DMac »

Based on those results would you for vote for it now, ggait?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:23 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 am Whether you believe abortion is murder is a direct function of when you think that _human_ life begins. Before Roe vs. Wade, only the Roman Catholic church among large Christian communities within the US had theological beliefs of that being the point of conception. Moral majority movement however began to change that (along with the conservative takeover of the SBC theological schools in the 80s).

There are OT scriptures that indicate the moment that human life begins is at actual birth - and others that provide differing punishments for an injury to a woman who loses a pregnancy vs. killing a child. So there is some further interpretation necessary to get to conception at the point of birth (mostly pointing at scripture about God knowing someone while in the womb).

One of the basic underlying assumptions of Roe vs. Wade is the dividing line was set at independent viability of an infant. That is why the two trimester rule - we still have not really figured out how to take an infant before 24 weeks gestation and have a realistic chance of survival outside a mother's womb.
I despise and detest abortion, always have and always will. The old catholic in me still believes it is murder and as a catholic I was a complete failure in the faith I was raised in. My wife as a young RN was responsible for a time of being in the procedure room when the "fetus" was evacuated from the mothers womb. If any damn one of you was in that room and could witness up close and personal watching the fetus being evacuated, I bet none of you would not vomit and cry. My wife back then wanted desperately to have a baby, she was never able to become pregnant. The heartbreak of going to work and comforting women who willingly aborted their babies when you wanted what they were giving up. There is also the torment of a young nurse having to comfort these same women who were beside themselves with grief over what they had just done. They don't teach you how to do that in nursing school. Abortion should not only be rare it should be almost unheard of in our society. If there is to be money made from the selling of the parts of these aborted babies... then we as a nation are no better than the Nazis who dreamed up the final solution. I know many of you out there disagree with me vehemently. When my wife who has been there and seen it up close and personal tells me abortion is murder, I will agree with her all day long. She paid her dues and cried a lifetimes worth of tears in the process. I dare ANY of you to have this chat with my wife, you all try and explain to her what a great thing abortion is to our country.
Total strawman.

Not one individual in this discussion has argued abortion is a "great thing to our country". It would be stipulated by everyone in this discussion that it is tragic and undesirable. Abortion does not equal selling of body parts. Lets not conflate the two. Abortions are going to happen - period. You will be no more successful in eradicating them than the nation was successful in eradicating moonshine. The real problem is how do we minimize them while causing the least harm to society and in minimizing them perhaps reaching a point where there are no more abortions for any reason other than necessary abortions. Criminalization has been a total failure.
Then explain to me why the NYS legislature broke out in a standing ovation and were all smiles and laughter when they passed the late term abortion law? Straw man my ass. Your good friends at PP are very likely guilty of selling baby parts. All over dining with a nice red wine and a salad. How many " evacuations" have you been up close and personal for? Bet you could not handle it and would puke all over your penny loafers. If ignorance is bliss you are the happiest man on the planet... Go enjoy your chianti and have a nice ceasar salad to go with it.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/new- ... eason.html These folks sure look all broken up about what they had just done. :roll:
Now you have moved from straw man to OUTRIGHT LIE!!

The NY bill does not allow for unrestricted abortion until birth. It only allows for unrestricted abortion to 24 weeks. There after the bill requires a determination of either the mother's health at risk or there is an absence of fetal viability. Get your facts straight. Read the bill!! Stop listening to the ABORTION NAZIS who will try to sell your worst nightmares. Some of you guys are so gullible. :roll:

PS: This just brings NYS into alignment with current Federal Law on this issue. :roll:
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:07 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:28 pm I’m not very up to speed on religion but I do believe there was a New Testament written at some point.
There is wide spread agreement on the desire to minimize the number, from all across the political spectrum. That is already being achieved. We have the ability from a technical perspective to make abortions extremely rare, but that is not good enough for these people. They want all of society to be forced - yes forced, through sanctions, punishments, to bend a knee to their god.

Current democrat state legislatures are passing laws to allow late third term abortions up to and including full term. The governor of Virginia told us how the NEWBORN would be kept warm and comfortable till the mother killed it.

The DNC is working hard to eliminate the Hide amendment so taxpayers will fund All abortions.

This doesn't even take into effect you abortion ghouls negotiating the sale of harvested fetal parts over Chardonnay and brie.
Another church lady moron that takes as gospel all the horror stories from their favorite faux news source. :roll:

Was that 65 million just last week, or did it take two week? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

O’Keefe victims are legion.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Another church lady moron that takes as gospel all the horror stories from their favorite faux news source. :roll:

You embarrass yourself by being so uninformed.

I live in NY its no horror story. Democrats applauded themselves in the legislature for allowing babies to be aborted up to full term.

And governor black face described how to keep a child warm and comfortable til mom killed it. ALL facts.

Liberals are particularly ghoulish on the subject. Not the benign limited murderers you think you are.

https://nrlc.org/uploads/factsheets/FS0 ... ntheUS.pdf
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 pm

I live in NY its no horror story. Democrats applauded themselves in the legislature for allowing babies to be aborted up to full term.

And governor black face described how to keep a child warm and comfortable til mom killed it. ALL facts.

Liberals are particularly ghoulish on the subject. Not the benign limited murderers you think you are.

The common occurrence of Mr 72 making a complete ass of himself on this forum is business as usual. I am more than willing to grant him the standing title of the smartest dumbest PhD type person that posts on this forum. If Mr 72 can answer the question if he has actually witnessed an abortion... well he never will because he never has and clearly doesn't have any interest in understanding the nitty gritty about what really happens in those procedure rooms. My wife has been there, seen what happens and still lives with the disgusting reality to this very day. Mr 72, why don't you grow yourself some balls and invite yourself into the procedure room so you can get up close and personal with this thing that you love so much. You never will because you are a freaking coward. They would say in Texas... all hat and no cattle.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 pm

+1 6 foot, those clips of the NYS legislature happy, smiling , applauding and back slapping one another at the holocaust level of atrocity they had just approved... DEPLORABLE
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 pm And governor black face described how to keep a child warm and comfortable til mom killed it. ALL facts.
If you honest to God believe this is a fact, I've got a bridge I'm looking to sell.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:07 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 pm And governor black face described how to keep a child warm and comfortable til mom killed it. ALL facts.
If you honest to God believe this is a fact, I've got a bridge I'm looking to sell.
Honest to god... those were his own words. What the governor was trying to sell was FLP bullcrap wrapped up in fake FLP compassion. I think you just bought your own damn bridge there skippy. :roll: How many late term abortions have you witnessed? As long as you make the baby comfortable before you punch a hole in its skull and suck its brains out. Do you even understand what happens when you abort a baby just before or just after it is born? I think folks such as yourself should get a front row seat to the show. Bring your own vomit bag there skippy. :roll:https://www.operationrescue.org/about-a ... -abortion/ What a sweet and compassionate guy that Dr Tiller is. The comparison of him to Joseph Mengele is pretty much spot on. What a sick twisted POS this guy is.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”