Colgate 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
molo

Re: Colgate 2020

Post by molo »

I was in the car and listening to, not watching, on my way home from class when I heard that Gate was covering Sowers with an attackman in the fourth quarter. From what I could tell, I don't think he went over the line on a ride and got stuck in on d. It seemed intentional. If so, it was the most innovative coaching ploy I've seen since last year when Princeton, who couldn't buy a face-off, decided to go double shorts on the wings.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

It’s true, Petkevich was covering him. Maybe they wanted someone who could match Sowers’ change of direction? Petkevich has played middie, so defense isn’t foreign, but covering the best college attackman with an offensive player is a tall order. Btw, shoutout to Baddley, seemed like he was everywhere tonight.
laxfan2424

Post by laxfan2424 »

Baddley plays his heart out. Running both shorty and LSM though, has to be wearing him down.
The rest of the defense, ?????? Are they still trying to figure out personnel?
Allowing switches on an AA attackman? Open cutters on the crease? FO wing play? Other than Baddley, no pressure between the lines?
6v6 D is confused....
60 goals, 3 games. It would be far worse if goalie play were not outstanding.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

what happened to Messineo on D? He had an outstanding first year and gets almost no PT since?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

laxfan2424 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:10 am Baddley plays his heart out. Running both shorty and LSM though, has to be wearing him down.
The rest of the defense, ?????? Are they still trying to figure out personnel?
Allowing switches on an AA attackman? Open cutters on the crease? FO wing play? Other than Baddley, no pressure between the lines?
6v6 D is confused....
60 goals, 3 games. It would be far worse if goalie play were not outstanding.
Gate goalie played well but must be bruised . his defense has him getting stoned with lacrosse balls
Dniddie

Post by Dniddie »

In 2018 , Murphy’s last year the Colgate defense was statistically ranked in the bottom 10 in D1 for team defense.

The new coach would be a fool not to try find the answer with new people on D. He’s a good coach with a solid future.

Colgate is 0-3. Played 3 top teams. Colgate is and always will be a mid to low level PL team. They compete with the bottom half of D1
CreaseLightning

Post by CreaseLightning »

Dniddie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 am In 2018 , Murphy’s last year the Colgate defense was statistically ranked in the bottom 10 in D1 for team defense.

The new coach would be a fool not to try find the answer with new people on D. He’s a good coach with a solid future.

Colgate is 0-3. Played 3 top teams. Colgate is and always will be a mid to low level PL team. They compete with the bottom half of D1
First two points are valid. Third is incorrect, uninformed and unacceptable.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Monitoring this from the Hobart thread ... I'll tell you one thing, no one there is underrating Colgate. The general consensus is that Saturday will be a very tough game. I agree. Someone might say Hobart competes with the bottom half of D1 too. That is true some years. But for the record, I think we could be a top 20 team this year. I think Colgate could be too.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Granted Colgate plays a tough schedule but this team could very easily be a zero or one win team
Hopefully a win against Lafayette or HC
Effort seems to be there
Coaches look lost
Keep rolling out the same thing and keep losing
Let’s at least see some different guys , schemes etc..
tough to be a fan
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Colgate is a very solid team and looked very well coached when I watched them play Navy. Their offense is very dynamic, off ball movement is impressive...which is hard to orchestrate. Defense also looks sharp, sure, they gave up a bunch of goals, but the goalie was also having a tough day as Navy was getting some close ranger shots in transition and he was being put in a tough spot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

+1. They are indeed...Kudos to Karweck, especially considering their SOS @ #7 (Massey) this season w/ OOC opponents #6 UNC; #3 Syracuse; #4 Princeton...and playing #29 Hobart is no afternoon stroll along Taylor Lake either.

laxfan2424

Post by laxfan2424 »

Beginning to see the progress on a game by game basis.
The shifts in personnel appear to be taking shape and team energy is higher, from the appearance on the field anyway.
The talent is there to win if the team can put together 4 quarters of play.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”