Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 pm No jimmies either, right wlaxnut?
Hey now....jimmies are for friends...
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

njbill wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
NewtTauntonVC2020 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:35 pm My thoughts exactly. What are the odds this one is one and done?
Ya think they have some skin in the podcast?
No skin. Two coaches trying to help coaches...and Jamie Munro has been doing that for a long time. The podcast is free.
OK, two and done.
Third time's a charm???
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

wlaxnut wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 pm
NewtTauntonVC2020 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:35 pm My thoughts exactly. What are the odds this one is one and done?
Ya think they have some skin in the podcast?
No skin. Two coaches trying to help coaches...and Jamie Munro has been doing that for a long time. The podcast is free.
But the petulance will cost you a pound of flesh.
Petulance? Such a big word. You must be a nerd.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Badlands wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 pm Petulance? Such a big word. You must be a nerd.
LOL! And proud of it!
O M Buddy

Post by O M Buddy »

wlaxnut wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:09 pm [quote=Badlands post_id=111437 time=<a href="tel:1582072968">1582072968</a> user_id=1095]
Petulance? Such a big word. You must be a nerd.
LOL! And proud of it!
[/quote]

I went to a State School. Let’s try to keep the swearing to a minimum!
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

wlaxnut wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 am Anyone else think it strange that Stony Brook has two weeks off between games? Is that typical for division one during the regular season?
Wish I could do a better job citing this, but couple years back I read something from Joe Spallina about preferring to basically shorten the season by starting later and play two games a week more often. Something about preventing burnout. Their schedules the last couple years have been very compact, especially in April; last year they didn't play their first game till Feb. 22. It seems to just be the way they prefer to manage their season. Most coaches tend to prefer the opposite: play a lot in February, but try to limit two-game weeks as much as possible as the stakes get higher. Great observation, I don't think I ever would have noticed that if that quote hadn't stuck with me. He's a pretty fascinating coach.
wlaxnut

Loyola means business early vs Florida

Post by wlaxnut »

Leads 7-2 with under 11 minutes left in the 1st half. Doc's loving it early. Hope he has a good seat in the stands. HI DOC!
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Villanova knocks out Navy! Now that’s an upset!
laxagainsthumanity

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:06 pm Villanova knocks out Navy! Now that’s an upset!
I only saw the last five minutes or so, but Navy's effort level toward the end of the game was just shameful... Harris looked like the only Mid who actually wanted to win.
wlaxnut

Looking ahead

Post by wlaxnut »

Couple interesting games midweek before the 3pm Maryland at Syracuse clash on Friday on the ACC Network.

Wednesday has Richmond at Virginia. We've been hearing how good Richmond is. We'll get a good look at 5pm on the ACC Network.

Also Wednesday is a lower level ranked matchup pitting Johns Hopkins at Georgetown. Streaming live at 4pm on Hoyavision.
seacoaster

Michigan v. Colorado

Post by seacoaster »

Umm, what happened here? I stopped in to check on this one -- which I thought would be close -- and it appears the near entirety of the second half has been in running time in favor of WolverineLand. A 20-7 beat-down.

So...Colorado loses by a goal in Gainesville to Florida, which beats Maryland in College Park by a goal and then loses badly to Loyola in Gainesville. Is Michigan better than Florida and Maryland? Color me confused.
Dr. Tact

Re: Looking ahead

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:04 am Couple interesting games midweek before the 3pm Maryland at Syracuse clash on Friday on the ACC Network.

Wednesday has Richmond at Virginia. We've been hearing how good Richmond is. We'll get a good look at 5pm on the ACC Network.

Also Wednesday is a lower level ranked matchup pitting Johns Hopkins at Georgetown. Streaming live at 4pm on Hoyavision.
I think this is a perfect trap game. UVA could come out and crush Richmond, but their close wins don't inspire overwhelming confidence.... I could see Richmond sneaking up on the hoos
LaxDad23

Re: Michigan v. Colorado

Post by LaxDad23 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:01 pm Umm, what happened here? I stopped in to check on this one -- which I thought would be close -- and it appears the near entirety of the second half has been in running time in favor of WolverineLand. A 20-7 beat-down.

So...Colorado loses by a goal in Gainesville to Florida, which beats Maryland in College Park by a goal and then loses badly to Loyola in Gainesville. Is Michigan better than Florida and Maryland? Color me confused.
Colorado is a young team, that in one game play over their heads, and the next not so much. Michigan thoroughly dominated, and showed they probably should move higher in the rankings. They have a couple of quality scorers, and had lots of chances off of dodges and feeds.
wlaxnut

Re: Michigan v. Colorado

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:01 pm Umm, what happened here? I stopped in to check on this one -- which I thought would be close -- and it appears the near entirety of the second half has been in running time in favor of WolverineLand. A 20-7 beat-down.

This had T-A-N-K written all over it. We've seen enough of Michigan to know they are a one dimensional team offensively. Colorado barely put in the effort to run up and down the field. Pathetic effort. That's how I saw it anyway.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm I think this is a perfect trap game. UVA could come out and crush Richmond, but their close wins don't inspire overwhelming confidence.... I could see Richmond sneaking up on the hoos
File under: Wishful Thinking 😉
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:22 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm I think this is a perfect trap game. UVA could come out and crush Richmond, but their close wins don't inspire overwhelming confidence.... I could see Richmond sneaking up on the hoos
File under: Wishful Thinking 😉
Guilty...
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Question
Watching Florida v Loyola game. At @16 minute mark 2nd half. FP for Loyola, #24 swings around and starts running to get in place for pass before the whistle sounds. Can another player move like that before whistle on a FP?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Yes, I think so. Not sure about the rule... Will ask D
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:06 pm Yes, I think so. Not sure about the rule... Will ask D
She said no rule governing movement, just need to stay out of 8
laxagainsthumanity

Here's a rules question for the group... At about 13:40 remaining in the first half of USC-BC, the USC attacker snagged goalie Hall's clear out of the air next to the goal and put the ball into the open net. (If you would like to watch, the play is on their Instagram and I would imagine it's in their highlight reel for the game.) In a Hail Mary effort to save a goal, Hall threw her stick in front of the cage as the attacker was shooting. No harm done—the ball went in, the stick didn't hit anyone, and no foul was called. But it can't be legal for a player to throw her stick, right? It seems to me like it's a potentially dangerous play (although it wasn't in this particular circumstance). I know it's illegal in hockey but I don't know if I've ever seen it in lacrosse.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”