Harvard 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Harvard 2020

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:13 am
10stone5 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 am
More recently, Jake Scott (Harvard '18) has been a teacher/coach at Gilman.
That would be the son of Peter Scott (Hopkins, Avon Old Farms, Harriton PA, Phila Wings).
The lacrosse lineage continues :!:
Yes, and a terrific young man.
He's doing a 2-year fellowship at Penn, while teaching at Gilman.

http://www.gilmannews.com/currentyear/2 ... ilx13wrusk
Off Topic, did you play at Dartmouth with a current Governor?
“I wish you would!”
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I have no color, but I heard at the Brown scrimage that Harvard beat the Team Israel by a goal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:23 am
That would be the son of Peter Scott (Hopkins, Avon Old Farms, Harriton PA, Phila Wings).

Yes I did. Great guy.
He played football and lax. One of the guys I could give the ball to for a near automatic clear.
We couldn't pass worth a darn, so that was the only way to get the ball cleared my first 2 years.
We were also fraternity brothers.

Entirely coincidentally, Bryan worked for him when he was the sole Congressman from Delaware. Bryan was hired by the CoS, not JC. No connection had been made, though Bryan knew who JC was etc.

As they were walking to a meeting the CoS said, "did you know that Bryan played lacrosse. Bryan said "yes, and I believe you played with my dad." JC turned and said: "Bryan Moore?... You went to Harvard. WE HATE Harvard!" grabbing him by the arm...big laugh.

Bryan had actually met JC years 8 yrs earlier when we were at a fellow fraternity buddy's 50th B-day event at Tahoe. 4 days straight of activities, bands each night, for a hundred fifty friends. "Bobapalooza". JC had a little 'fundraising' hour before his first Congressional run (he'd been Lieutenant Gov), so Bryan heard him talking about why he was interested in going to DC, his views on policy, etc.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes I did. Great guy.
He played football and lax. One of the guys I could give the ball to for a near automatic clear.
We couldn't pass worth a darn, so that was the only way to get the ball cleared my first 2 years.

Entirely coincidentally, Bryan worked for him when he was the sole Congressman from Delaware. Bryan was hired by the CoS, not JC. No connection had been made, though Bryan knew who JC was etc.

As they were walking to a meeting the CoS said, "did you know that Bryan played lacrosse. Bryan said "yes, and I believe you played with my dad." JC turned and said: "Bryan Moore?... You went to Harvard. WE HATE Harvard!" grabbing him by the arm...big laugh.

Bryan had actually met JC years earlier when we were at a fellow fraternity buddy's 50th B-day event at Tahoe. 4 days straight of activities, bands each night, for a hundred fifty friends. "Bobapalooza". JC had a little 'fundraising' hour before his first Congressional run (he'd been Lieutenant Gov), so Bryan heard him talking about why he was interested in going to DC, his views on policy, etc.
I had a beer with his brother in law this past weekend. Really a nice guy. Talked for about an hour. I figured you had crossed paths with his brother.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Yes I did. Great guy.

Bryan had actually met JC years earlier when we were at a fellow fraternity buddy's 50th B-day event at Tahoe. 4 days straight of activities, bands each night, for a hundred fifty friends. "Bobapalooza". JC had a little 'fundraising' hour before his first Congressional run (he'd been Lieutenant Gov), so Bryan heard him talking about why he was interested in going to DC, his views on policy, etc.
I had a beer with his brother in law this past weekend. Really a nice guy. Talked for about an hour. I figured you had crossed paths with his brother.
small world!
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Yes I did. Great guy.

small world!
He was a distance swimmer. Three kids that were all college athletes. Really a down to earth guy.
“I wish you would!”
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

DALaxDad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 am I have no color, but I heard at the Brown scrimage that Harvard beat the Team Israel by a goal.
That is true. All the Harvard players got time, seemed like a constant rotation which I’m sure was the goal. Great youth clinic before the scrimmage as well, and a good group photo of both teams. Kudos to Team Israel, they played three games in three days this weekend.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

ctbagataway wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:56 pm
DALaxDad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 am I have no color, but I heard at the Brown scrimage that Harvard beat the Team Israel by a goal.
That is true. All the Harvard players got time, seemed like a constant rotation which I’m sure was the goal. Great youth clinic before the scrimmage as well, and a good group photo of both teams. Kudos to Team Israel, they played three games in three days this weekend.
A brief breakdown of how Harvard looked in that scrimmage. As always, I take scrimmage results with a grain of salt. I know Harvard did have one or two guys at USA U-19 tryouts and the announces on the broadcast said there were a few guys they were resting ot had injuries.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/10/07/f ... #more-8750
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

The improvement shown by the team at this weekend’s scrimmages was encouraging. The offense played with more fluidity and urgency and the communication on defense was also much better. The staff is certainly having an impact, and with more practice hours these past few weeks, it showed in the field.
renault

Post by renault »

Looks like Bob Scalise is retiring: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... emic-year/

Hopefully the next AD is lacrosse-friendly.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Any color from yesterday’s scrimmage at Stony Brook?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Which Team Was Underrated in Preseason?
The Face-Off Yearbook looks at every men's DI team, ranked 1-75. Clearly, several teams will exceed expectations, and we don't always agree on who is ranked where. Here are teams that we think are currently underrated.

Kyle Devitte (@TheKyleDevitte)
Harvard (41)
Only a handful of other teams had a worse goals-against average than the Crimson last year, so the only way is up. There is no way that Harvard will finish in the bottom half in any defensive stat with Gerry Byrne helming the ship. They probably won’t crack the top 25 in 2020, but they will definitely have a better finish than last year.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... son-/55953
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Based on the improvement we saw on the defensive half in the short fall season, he could be right.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

This thread might be the only one with a 1 to 1 ratio of IL articles to posts.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... vard/55992

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”