Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by GreyingHound »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 am Wish the coaches would agree to postpone Saturday's game to Sunday. Practically a 20 degree difference in temperature, Saturday will be bone-chilling.
It will be chilly, I am planning on watching both the Men and Women, although I'll probably have a few A Bevs to at least make me feel that I am warm....All the concrete in Ridley holds the cold and it just goes through your shoes....
YES! I will be wearing triple layers, and I have no doubt that my feet will be frozen blocks of ice by the end of the game.
At least there is another soul who will be like me.... Stomping feet... The best or least kept secret is the heater in the men's room is always hot😎🐕🐶
Meet you there at halftime!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm Loyola had hot new black lids against UVA.
Hounds totally on fleek.

Switching to white lids today...a big mistake since white reflects the sun and doesn't absorb. You want dark colors (even helmets) on cold sunny days, not white. Your want to keep your head warm, not cold.

Plus the boys have one good hard game with dark helmets; do not mix it up this soon.

Who the frig is running the show there? Wake up.
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm Loyola had hot new black lids against UVA.
Hounds totally on fleek.

Switching to white lids today...a big mistake since white reflects the sun and doesn't absorb. You want dark colors (even helmets) on cold sunny days, not white. Your want to keep your head warm, not cold.

Plus the boys have one good hard game with dark helmets; do not mix it up this soon.

Suns out guns out, we dont care about the temp, lets go hounds, lets rebound and take it to hopkins. Nothing to lose, everyone is picking us to lose today.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

loyola11 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 am
Hounds totally on fleek.

Suns out guns out, we dont care about the temp, lets go hounds, lets rebound and take it to hopkins. Nothing to lose, everyone is picking us to lose today.
Wrong. Not everyone.

I’m expecting Loyola to expose the Hopkins D and G, and Ridle them.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 am
loyola11 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 am
Hounds totally on fleek.

Wrong. Not everyone.

I’m expecting Loyola to expose the Hopkins D and G, and Ridle them.

Having WOMBAT return to FanLax is like James Woods returning to Twitter; I can finally read these sites again.

Let's go Hounds!!!!!!!!!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

will be cheering on the team either in the office on a saturday or on my way home. Best of luck! please post updates for scores, any key plays or general thoughts
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

No doubt that the Hounds are the better team today. I am impressed wit how well the defense is playing without Wyers or Hughes in the lineup. Savio is DOMINATING at the X - 8 of 10, and the 2 he lost were violations.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

10-7 Hounds win.
Aiden Olmstead looks smooth coming from X.
Poitras appears to be coming into his own today.
Lindley doing Lindley things.
Bailey looking dominant at X. Most of hopkins f/o wins came on procedure calls.
Hounds dominating possessions, time and transition.
LSM McNuilty was a beast on both sides of the field
Can't see the stats but the faceoffs and GBs appear to be heavily tilted toward Loyola's favor at this point.
Defensively the hounds are sliding early and in a couple cases unnecessarily. It has given Hopkins a few chances. but still, a nice M2M effort by the Loyola defense who is still missing some kids to injury etc. If they get those kids back this team becomes even more dangerous. Sam Schafer is looking very good too in goal. His positioning has been great. Hopkins guys have no angle or goal to look at, even when they get a clean shot.

Loyola now has won 7 of the past 8 against Hopkins. They do not appear to match up well against us. At all.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Well done, Hounds.

A consolation is having Coach Cottle as color.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I watched this game without a rooting interest. Overall, it looked like a very athletic team against a very non-athletic team. Beyond Zinn JHU has nobody who can beat their man one-on-one. No speed or quickness.

It was tough watching Epstein give it a go. He was literally playing on one leg and it was UGLY. Not sure why they trotted him out there. Hopefully, he did not re-injure anything.

As predicted Loyola will be a tough out in the Patriot. But Army is looking more and more like a top 5-7 team. Can't wait to see those two teams hook up later this spring.
loyolapride2015

Post by loyolapride2015 »

This was the best defensive performance I have seen Loyola play in some time. Very well organized and all they were just all over every Hopkins set today. It is going to be tough for those guys who are screwing up off the field to break back in the line up after this performance. On another note Hopkins looks extremely unathletic and as well as unorganized at times. It really look like Loyola had a game plan coming in and that Hopkins just couldn’t figure anything out. Not good coaching from JHU staff.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:35 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:24 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 am Wish the coaches would agree to postpone Saturday's game to Sunday. Practically a 20 degree difference in temperature, Saturday will be bone-chilling.
It will be chilly, I am planning on watching both the Men and Women, although I'll probably have a few A Bevs to at least make me feel that I am warm....All the concrete in Ridley holds the cold and it just goes through your shoes....
YES! I will be wearing triple layers, and I have no doubt that my feet will be frozen blocks of ice by the end of the game.
At least there is another soul who will be like me.... Stomping feet... The best or least kept secret is the heater in the men's room is always hot😎🐕🐶
Meet you there at halftime!
It wasn't cold during the Womens game, but got cold right before the mens game when the sun went behind Ridley....so fam was done before half of the mens game....Glad to hear the Men made it a sweep. :D
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

It's still very early, but here is a stat that I just love: the Hounds have not surrendered a single man-down goal yet this season. UVA and Hopkins have formidable EMO units and we've held them to 0-4. Not only do we not foul much, but when we do, we don't pay for it. Today was particularly impressive because one time we were 2 men down, and another the penalty was on Shafer, so a cold (literally) goalie had to come in for a man-down set.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Schafer is doing a nice job in goal. Love his angles. The shooters don’t have a lot to look at. He also does a nice job catching the ball. Not a ton of rebounds.
I like that he got the ball out quick, even if it meant some unforced turnovers late. Very nice job by the keeper.
Shout out to freshman Colton Teitelbaum for coming in cold, a man down against JH and making a great save! Helluva debut!
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:47 pm It's still very early, but here is a stat that I just love: the Hounds have not surrendered a single man-down goal yet this season. UVA and Hopkins have formidable EMO units and we've held them to 0-4. Not only do we not foul much, but when we do, we don't pay for it. Today was particularly impressive because one time we were 2 men down, and another the penalty was on Shafer, so a cold (literally) goalie had to come in for a man-down set.
Defense was amazing today, especially missing wyers and hughes, they have depth. Shafer solid again.

Savio a beast at the face off x.... Not sure why Millhouse is on the wing, he brings nothing to the table.

Offense: Lindley was vintage Lindley. Olmstead was smooth. Poitras can only go left handed, Hopkins was begging him to go right, Kamish, looked better but still cannot hit the broad side of the barn

Middies are still a week point, 15 turnovers

Better outing today, liking our chances against Rutgers and towson
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

I just gotta ask... Is Loyola that good or is Hopkins that bad?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:24 pm I just gotta ask... Is Loyola that good or is Hopkins that bad?
Maybe a little of both. We put forth a really solid effort today, but Hopkins was missing Epstein and they made countless mistakes. It's still early. We shall see, but I am liking what I have seen so far...
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Does anyone know why Wyers was out today? He makes an impact when he’s on the field
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Ps: it was a sweep today.
The Lady Hounds also cruised to an easy victory over JHU.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”