Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Shocker, at least I’m only going to have weos in one ear bc I’m taking my daughter to a swan lake ballet for children shortly.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Live stats aren’t working yet, has the game started (time stamp 1:07)?
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Hobart is up 15 - 5 at the half. Knox is just slinging it today. Goalie for Siena is actually playing well but can't solve Knox. After a slow start and getting down 3-0, Hobart is dominating face-offs and ground balls, taking the ball away on rides, taking the ball away 6-6. Coach Raymond has already gone to the bench pretty strongly. Nice to see Shea coming in for Blanchard at face-offs and doing well. 9 or 10 consecutive face-offs allowed us to get momentum and take the air out of a game Siena squad.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Whoever is producing the online stream must be one of those " - Studies" majors, certainly not a broadcasting one.

PLEASE suspend replays until you know how to do it! Missing live action while the replay runs. Never mind the one that ran 15 minutes of game time later. And they couldn't keep the right score up!

Maybe we can get a Syracuse kid in their Broadcasting Major to get real life experience . . .

Having said all that, how amazing is this offense? I don't even remember the 1977 team putting up 12 in one quarter.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Derek Madonna must be injured. "Knicked up" according to Ted on WEOS. Could have played. Hope he can get back for Colgate game. Ted says Mueller might be ready for the SU game.

My only beef is the D has picked up a few ground balls and then been stripped. We have let a few GBs get away after some really good defense.

A lot of freshman contributing. Shea at X Grooms is getting time at attack, Herlihy with some excellent shots, Mason Romm a lot like his brother, and Baltzer looks good as well. Tommy Mott is a junior but he is having a coming out party.

The replays are in fact annoying. If they can get a handle on it it is a nice addition, and the camera angles are way better.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

MSM knocked off Towson!
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Wagner in OT over LIU
Bryant loses
St. Joe's hammered
Merrimac losing to Dartmouth
Sacred Heart loses to Bucknell
Cornell clobbering Albany

NEC setting up very nicely for us. Get one of Cornell or Syracuse and our RPI should be pretty good.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

First quarter was better for us than it seemed. Siena played well and their goalie was making great stops. I was happy about our energy level. It was a low scoring first for us, but not flat. If anything, we needed some doggie downers to settle. Once we did, and Shea figured out the faceoff, we were unstoppable. Obviously Knox was on today, but so was Mott, Archer, Simas, Herlie and other guys. The most impressive offensive detail was ball movement. These guys have great vision and skills. IMO, #28 Meite will be a player to reckon with in the near future. Super pleased to see Sherman in, clearing and scoring. Defense figures things out and coach is rotating lots of new guys through. If we can reduce penalties, and keep improving everything else, things will ne moving in the right direction.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s still hard to tell given competition (in hindsight Wag beating LIU tells us more about Siena’s 2goal win over them last week) but we’ve outscored the two opponents 20-1 in Q2 this year. That’s insane
calourie

Post by calourie »

Statesmen look like a force. Keep it up.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

I did see a tweet earlier saying the video equip was new and they are still learning how to use it.

That said HWS athletics communications has been subpar compared to like institutions for some time now. After about a decade of video struggles, Coach Miller got the FB broadcast to look good last season.

It’s still a head scratcher that we offer a media major but lag behind other schools in social media, video feeds and basic tech.

Athletics connects alums better than an ADD, small type /
Hard to read PSS. Hopefully the school can get the prioritization and resources right sooner than later.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:35 pm First quarter was better for us than it seemed. Siena played well and their goalie was making great stops. I was happy about our energy level. It was a low scoring first for us, but not flat. If anything, we needed some doggie downers to settle. Once we did, and Shea figured out the faceoff, we were unstoppable. Obviously Knox was on today, but so was Mott, Archer, Simas, Herlie and other guys. The most impressive offensive detail was ball movement. These guys have great vision and skills. IMO, #28 Meite will be a player to reckon with in the near future. Super pleased to see Sherman in, clearing and scoring. Defense figures things out and coach is rotating lots of new guys through. If we can reduce penalties, and keep improving everything else, things will ne moving in the right direction.
Agree 100%. Meite looks like he will be a factor at the end of the season. Probably just needs some more experience. Very excited to see what he can do. Thanks Jim Mulvey '83 for steering him up toward Geneva.

Wylie Sherman looks like he will be a factor as a more traditional SSDM type and on PK. Won't be overworked and he has wheels. Should have had 2 today.

Forgot how solid Christiansen is. Very good, and Nalen was taking their top guy today and did well. Team looks deep. Just need to get the ball off the ground and cleared a touch better.

Good to see so many FY getting reps at this time of year. The team must be feeling good with so many players getting time and doing well. Colgate has Princeton Tuesday down there then comes to see us on Saturday. They have played two very tough teams so far and after getting smacked by UNC looked dangerous against SU.
Last edited by kmartin on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gotta say I hope it’s noted more broadly that Knox set the NEC goal record w 10. Still amazed he was so quiet vs Canisius given his 36 goals as a FR but he bounced right back. All the kid has done is excel since 16 in canadian Juniors and has lacrosse pedigree in his blood being Jack Biondas grandson (https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/jason-knox/).

Have to also note Adam Shea from NC in his second game in college going 20/29 w 12gbs.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Loved the offensive explosion today. It made up for an ugly first quarter. My favorite play today was Simas trucking some kid from Siena. Some old school Hobart knocke'em down play. Colgate, despite their 0-2 start, will be a much tougher opponent. One game at a time.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Bear Davis (former Ohio Machine MLL HC) called out us on the late EMO goal by Knox, wondering why the starters were in. Guess he didn't witness last year's blown leads because we took the 'play the clock' route. Not this year Bear!
notentitled

Post by notentitled »

Possibly, Mr. Davis thought it might be nice for players who do not play as often to have a chance or that 25 goals against an in-state opponent was enough- just a thought.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not to mention Knox had a very rough prior weekend and at that point many were out, just not all. Can Hancock got the last two and he played like 3 games last year in clean up and those were his first two career goals.

Play by play shows Knox was the only starter in there In the 4th. Horton, Hurley, Hancock, Dam Davis, Meite. Basically the entire roster who was healthy played. So that thought is specious. Christ we had a 6’7” FR attack taking a faceoff in the 4th

https://hwsathletics.com/boxscore.aspx? ... &path=mlax
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

notentitled wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:48 am Possibly, Mr. Davis thought it might be nice for players who do not play as often to have a chance or that 25 goals against an in-state opponent was enough- just a thought.
Coach Raymond went to the bench early and emptied it. I’m probably the only person in the building who didn’t get a run...
I’m old enough to have witnessed Hobart’s 37-1 demolition of MIT in a 1980 playoff game. Yesterday was practically as bad as we could score at will no matter who was in there. How do you tell kids who never play not to play hard? And I never saw Siena stop playing or wave a white flag that they didn’t want to play anymore. So play on.
No knock on Knox. 10 goals on 12 shots?
Last edited by Ketch on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Play by Play shows who had starters in and who didn’t in the 4th, just a mindless comment.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I guess.
Take it with a grain of salt.
Bear’s claim to fame is being an offensive mastermind his last year at RoMo.
But that Reputation was built by dropping 27 goals on teams like Sacred Heart and Wagner. And I’m not sure he was ever able to beat Hobart...

:shock:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”