Cornell 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Cornell 2020

Post by DMac »

Nice!!!
Am sure I'm not the only one but I had checked AE and ESPN for upcomining events and this game showed up nowhere. Made no sense this one wasn't going to be aired anywhere, glad it's going to be on.
Comment above regarding Tehoka's size, word has it he's a trimmed down version this year...dropped about twenty pounds or so.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Gobigred wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 am Just received this in an email from the Albany athletics folks:

"We are planning on streaming the game on the ESPN platform, but they have not told us if it will be on ESPN3 or ESPN+ yet. We will update the links on our website as soon as they let us know."
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 am
Gobigred wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 am Just received this in an email from the Albany athletics folks:

"We are planning on streaming the game on the ESPN platform, but they have not told us if it will be on ESPN3 or ESPN+ yet. We will update the links on our website as soon as they let us know."
What is the difference between ESPN+ and ESPN3? I thought they were basically the same?
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Both from ESPN but two different services. This one costs $5/month, this one costs $whatever/month.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

ESPN+ is a subscription service [$4.99 a month] and I believe ESPN3 is free if you have a TV cable subscription that includes a sports package of some sort. That could have changed but was the case before ESPN+ existed.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

Season starts fast with 3 games in 8 days all on the road and all competitive but all winnable. I know it’s early but these opening games are likely must wins for at large consideration come early May. Having said that I like our prospects.
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

I’ll go on record that I like everything the coaching and administration has done in preparing for the 2020 season. I honestly thought Clark Peterson would be unreplaceble but I think Long gives a new and maybe more diverse dimension to the attack, Petrakis gives us another option at FO (which we lost badly to UAlbany last season, so get a quick benchmark) and Irelan in his sophomore year gives nice leadership to what I think will be an improved defense.

I guess my only concern/question is some of the short stick D decisions (not naming).....
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

enterprise wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am ESPN+ is a subscription service [$4.99 a month] and I believe ESPN3 is free if you have a TV cable subscription that includes a sports package of some sort. That could have changed but was the case before ESPN+ existed.
Yeah, I think ESPN3 is included with my Sling package, but ESPN+ is ~$5/month. Luckily, I got ESPN+ when I signed up for that bundled Disney+ service for my kids, so I'll be good either way.

As an added bonus, ESPN+ has a lot of the Cornell hockey games as well. I've 5 or 6 so far this year. (Assuming there'd be some interest in Big Red hockey around these parts).

ETA: Actually, ESPN+ is probably worth it for lacrosse fans regardless. For ~$20, you get a bunch of games during the season. Just cancel it once the season is over. That's what I did last year. If your TV is not configured for streaming, just watch on your computer or tablet.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

ICGrad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 am ETA: Actually, ESPN+ is probably worth it for lacrosse fans regardless. For ~$20, you get a bunch of games during the season. Just cancel it once the season is over. That's what I did last year. If your TV is not configured for streaming, just watch on your computer or tablet.
Exactly
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

RedIvy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 am I’ll go on record that I like everything the coaching and administration has done in preparing for the 2020 season. I honestly thought Clark Peterson would be unreplaceble but I think Long gives a new and maybe more diverse dimension to the attack, Petrakis gives us another option at FO (which we lost badly to UAlbany last season, so get a quick benchmark) and Irelan in his sophomore year gives nice leadership to what I think will be an improved defense.

I guess my only concern/question is some of the short stick D decisions (not naming).....
Agree, especially about replacing Petterson. He was a force around the goal, picking up junk and scoring with quick stick. Anxious to see Michael Long in action with Teat and Piatelli. I expect Albany to pressure Teat. Looks like Albany's FO guy is back. He had a career game against us last year without Rasimowicz. Hope Paul is healthy and bolstered by highly regarded Angelo Petrakis. Love our middies. Will need all our options on defense to be healthy.

Go Big Red!
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

Albany face off situation is still a mess. Jones did well last year against you guys, but he has a very short lease and he may not be the starter tomorrow. Don't be surprised to see three poles up there if whoever gets the reps doesn't get off to a hot start.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Teat Named to Tewaaraton Watch List for Third-Straight Season

https://cornellbigred.com/news/2020/2/1 ... eason.aspx
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
drunkmonkey30

Post by drunkmonkey30 »

DaneFan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am Albany face off situation is still a mess. Jones did well last year against you guys, but he has a very short lease and he may not be the starter tomorrow. Don't be surprised to see three poles up there if whoever gets the reps doesn't get off to a hot start.
It would be something to see 3 poles on the FO. If the BR scrapes out a win or 2 against that formation it could lead to some good early offence with shorties on Piatelli and Long!
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

DALaxDad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 am
ICGrad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 am ETA: Actually, ESPN+ is probably worth it for lacrosse fans regardless. For ~$20, you get a bunch of games during the season. Just cancel it once the season is over. That's what I did last year. If your TV is not configured for streaming, just watch on your computer or tablet.
Exactly
ESPN+ carries most Cornell regular season sports [not fencing, or polo...]. For $49/year you can watch all home games and most away games so hockey, wrestling and lax fans can do pretty well, especially in comparison to the Ivy Network -- poorer quality at twice the price.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

I believe ESPN+ is a darn good value (which I've never said regarding any other ESPN service). Virtually all Cornell athletic teams' home games are on the platform, and any Cornell Ivy road games as well.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Hey Big Red Fans, IM BAAAAAACK, and looking forward to another great year of Cornell Lax. After last years disappointment, where we got hosed on an NCAA selection (come on, we beat ND on the Road), I think that this years team has an incredible shot in Jeffs final season (prediction: Teat scores over 100 points this year). Long wont replace Petterson, but paired with Piatelli, and Teat, this once again will be one of the best attacks in the country.

Midfield? Are you kidding? 2 MONSTER lines with Fletcher poised to have a great final year and Lombardi will have a breakout soph season.

On the X, we go at least 3 deep and with a healthy Ras, and the best incoming faceoff guy in the country in Petrakis, we will be nowhere near the ridiculous disadvantage from last year, and in fact , the X could be atrong point this year.

Close D has to be much better with all the young guys having a year under their belts, and Salvatore may be the best LSM in the country.

Our Goalie as a FRESHMEN was incredible last year, and now with CHASE basically settled into being what I believe will be one of the best tenders in the country this year.

Look, if we hold our own on the X, and reduce our goals against by 1.5-2 goals over last year, then this team could contend for a title.

The IVY LEAGUE is loaded, our schedule is LOADED and you know what I say to that, BRING IT ON. If we think we are great (and I do), then lets go out and prove it.

It all starts tomorrow, and I cant wait.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

joewillie78 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:03 pm Hey Big Red Fans, IM BAAAAAACK, and looking forward to another great year of Cornell Lax. After last years disappointment, where we got hosed on an NCAA selection (come on, we beat ND on the Road), I think that this years team has an incredible shot in Jeffs final season (prediction: Teat scores over 100 points this year). Long wont replace Petterson, but paired with Piatelli, and Teat, this once again will be one of the best attacks in the country.

Midfield? Are you kidding? 2 MONSTER lines with Fletcher poised to have a great final year and Lombardi will have a breakout soph season.

On the X, we go at least 3 deep and with a healthy Ras, and the best incoming faceoff guy in the country in Petrakis, we will be nowhere near the ridiculous disadvantage from last year, and in fact , the X could be atrong point this year.

Close D has to be much better with all the young guys having a year under their belts, and Salvatore may be the best LSM in the country.

Our Goalie as a FRESHMEN was incredible last year, and now with CHASE basically settled into being what I believe will be one of the best tenders in the country this year.

Look, if we hold our own on the X, and reduce our goals against by 1.5-2 goals over last year, then this team could contend for a title.

The IVY LEAGUE is loaded, our schedule is LOADED and you know what I say to that, BRING IT ON. If we think we are great (and I do), then lets go out and prove it.

It all starts tomorrow, and I cant wait.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
NO ONE gets me more pumped-up for Cornell lacrosse than Joe Willie!
Laxnuthin

Post by Laxnuthin »

As of about five minutes ago ESPN+ is showing the game as streaming and upcoming tomorrow at 1:00. They usually show what they have scheduled though I know the Big 10 games are listed but then blacked out. Depends on the arrangement the home team has as I understand it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”