The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 pm r's want to keep on spending!

McConnell will not bring budget resolution to the floor

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/482 ... -the-floor
All of a sudden the left does not like spending. :lol: :lol: tt is bizzaro world. You sound like a republican. ;) The spending that the right is doing, is pennies in the fountain compared to what Bernie and the NEW democrat party is gonna do. Where did my mom and dads democrat party go?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:43 pm

All of a sudden the left does not like spending. :lol: :lol: tt is bizzaro world. You sound like a republican. ;) The spending that the right is doing, is pennies in the fountain compared to what Bernie and the NEW democrat party is gonna do. Where did my mom and dads democrat party go?

Is that more stunning then the R's hypocrisy and flat out lying?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Is that more stunning then the R's hypocrisy and flat out lying?
Same. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Where does my post say anything about the D's?

You have issues...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:30 pm

You have issues...
Media doesn’t influence his thinking at all....
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You have issues...
Your first sentence silly goose. You are clearly calling out R’s for spending, as if they are different than D’s.
~Livy

foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm

You have issues...
Your first sentence silly goose. You are clearly calling out R’s for spending, as if they are different than D’s.
The D's tout healthcare for all, "free" higher education and "the climate"....spending with more taxation.

What would you say the Rs are for, aside from more military, fewer taxes, "free markets" and "smaller government".
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The economy always seems to do better under the Dems.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

All of a sudden the left does not like spending ... The spending that the right is doing, is pennies in the fountain compared to what Bernie and the NEW democrat party is gonna do. Where did my mom and dads democrat party go?

Same propaganda we see every year though based on right wing mysticism and mythology rather than facts. As everyone knows Dem spending is paid back to the government unlike the wastage Rep do every year. After all, Dems employ the same type of ideals promulgated by those "Marxist" thinkers such as Washington, Hamilton, Franklin, and Paine. Examples include SNAP which is paid back through purchases of food by consumers. This unlike military wastage where the money goes into the pockets of wealthy elites.

We've gone over this enough times over the years on this and the old LP forum so we need not go into it again.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m pretty sure the largest expansion on snap occurred under Richard Nixon. Think he was an R.

Not to say I disagree with the thrust of the argument made, ag subsidies, politically targeted protectionism, etc, but there are parts of this argument that are specious. The velocity of money would be the same from either form of government distribution. There are wealthy elites that control grocers and food production companies, ever heard of Cargill or Koch industries, Purdue, the Sugar industry (and Landrieux family in La) and on and on. The notion that military related is all wealthy elites but WalMart and Target as the largest grocers, not to mention utilization of stamps in food deserts at dollar stores is pure recycling and a high velocity of money is incorrect.

That being said, Trump is no traditional republican and note are the MAGA selfish, scared and limited cats who want to close borders and reduce trade, stifle competition, hoard resources for their people and have a highly asymmetric legal system. He doesn’t understand economics at all and is crushing our system. We will one day sterilize our currency like some crappy Latin American country and cram down our creditors. I just object to arguments that aren’t correct because they weaken the movement for freer and more open societies by making an easy counter argument to the masses.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Those wacky liberals at the Wall Street Journal and their TDS...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and- ... 34?mod=mhp
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Former Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein has yet to issue any warnings about how Goldman Sachs is helping Jared Kushner’s firm Cadre accept, move, and coverup foreign money via ‘Opportunity Zones.’

“Investment flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US...The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.”

Alexandra Chalupa, wiping her heels on Senator Lindsey’s crotch.

Hunter Biden is the problem?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am Not to say I disagree with the thrust of the argument made, ag subsidies, politically targeted protectionism, etc, but there are parts of this argument that are specious. The velocity of money would be the same from either form of government distribution.
Yes. But it's more a question of: where does this money originate, versus where does it land.

Rural America is the beneficiary of these monies, and cannot exist without them.

The velocity of money, as you put quite nicely, is the heart of the Trump economy. It's massive economic stimulus created on wholly borrowed monies, pumped through the economy.

But R voters will tell you that it's the tax cuts and deregulation that's the engine. This is utter nonsense.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I was responding to this argument that there’s somehow more virtuous end points to snap, but it does cause food inflation and is used for non nutritional products and lines corporate pockets same as defense. I have no specific argument on the appropriate level of defense spending but I do believe it’s a core critical function of government and the reason people abrogate rights in order to scale up as a society so I see no actual real world virtue or economic difference between the two as claimed prior.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trinity wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:29 pm “Former Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein has yet to issue any warnings about how Goldman Sachs is helping Jared Kushner’s firm Cadre accept, move, and coverup foreign money via ‘Opportunity Zones.’

“Investment flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US...The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.”

Alexandra Chalupa, wiping her heels on Senator Lindsey’s crotch.

Hunter Biden is the problem?
You can find Goldman's hands in every money related pile of poop you search.

1Malaysia Development Berhad scandal

Incredible story of corruption, with GS at the center, making $600m in banking fees. They are on the hook for a couple of billion and of course, no body goes to jail. In fact, they come to DC to set economic policy and are gifted a few hundred of million in free cap gains for the privilege.

Gary Cohen played the game like a HoF...Paulson, and especially Geithner, picked the wrong time to monetize their reputations.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:38 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am Not to say I disagree with the thrust of the argument made, ag subsidies, politically targeted protectionism, etc, but there are parts of this argument that are specious. The velocity of money would be the same from either form of government distribution.
Yes. But it's more a question of: where does this money originate, versus where does it land.

Rural America is the beneficiary of these monies, and cannot exist without them.

The velocity of money, as you put quite nicely, is the heart of the Trump economy. It's massive economic stimulus created on wholly borrowed monies, pumped through the economy.

But R voters will tell you that it's the tax cuts and deregulation that's the engine. This is utter nonsense.
Velocity of money, currently, is defined by how much and how quickly the Rs can rig the system for Trump, Wilbur, Elaine, Sonny, Betsy and Mitch.

I caught some of the guy acting like a Budget Director's House testimony today...When we unleash all of the potential in the economy, all of the people climbing out of government dependance and up the ladder of economic success, the GDP numbers will be off the charts.

They all have their lines down.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

College bud of mine went to GS. Got rich. Lost Many somebody’s money. Got fired. Got poor. Can’t legally trade for centuries. Found more suckers. Owns gold mine now. Zero conscience. Dumped wife and kids, went 30 years younger. Dyes his hair. Know anyone like this?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Oh, a politician....we all know a couple of them, I hear Trump is also one of them.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This may be a bit esoteric for some but interesting sign of markets these days.

I work with a alternative asset manager in the credit space, specifically their CLO manager arm which buys a portfolio of syndicate (aka leveraged) loans and securitizes it in a revolving/managed pool of assets. They use securitization to more efficiently leverage their equity capital investment in the pool of loans, in a deal that prices last week at 10:1 leverage and an average cost of liabilities (debt) of 2.04%. This is on about $300mm in assets.

I also do a lot of community and regional bank M&A, capital markets execution and advisory work and am close to a privately owned Ga bank that has three branches and highly reliant on wholesale funding (brokered CDs which still retain FDIC insurance but can raise millions or tens of millions in a day or few days as needed typically). They have some FHLB funding and some degree of core (cheap, far lagging fed funds) deposits. This bank is owned by a few sibling billionaires out of Chicago that made their money in electrical part distribution so well backed. The bank has approx $350mm in assets and a 105% loan/deposit ratio along with a 1.25-1.4% ROA. They carry a Tier 1 Capital (“equity”) ratio of approx 11%. The banks cost of funding which is all govt insured is 2.05% and they are an operating entity with all those risks but in theory a safer book of loan assets (worse asset/liability mismatch however).

May not resonate but it is a sign of the times that this FDIC insured funding cost for the bank at similar levels of leverage is basically on top of a good but Tier 2 CLO asset manager that owns a book of syndicated corporate loans.

Hopefully this will make sense to some. It’s just strange. Can’t say it means anything but there’s some mispricing if either liquidity and/or credit risk for this to be the case. Strangely the govt agencies are killing banks for owning these “cash flow” loans and the financial news is constantly raising alarms (possibly correct) about risks in leveraged lending.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:34 pm This may be a bit esoteric for some but interesting sign of markets these days.
I love reading things like this, even when I do not understand it.

Unraveled, what do you think it means? That money is simply flowing in and out and they have creatively found a way to incrementally capitloze on inching rates?

I wonder if private firms are now utilizing these incentives. I triggered my memory when you said one of them was backed by an electrical company. https://www.energy.gov/eere/slsc/proper ... y-programs

Commercial Real Estate owners are and have been using this for a short while now, upgrading their own infrastructure and getting energy certified in the process, like that yellow sticker you see on all appliances.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”