tech37

Re: Syracuse 2020

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:36 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:56 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 am
stupefied wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:38 pm 3rd attackman Cook is good
3rd?...
I think Cook is going to surprise a lot of people. I saw the difference in him vs Denver in the fall. He attacked the goal with confidence and was a tenacious rider. From what JD has said, the kid continues from where he left off in fall. Just look at his numbers in scrims so far this spring.

I'm anxious to see what sort of chemistry the SU attack has, especially with the addition of Scanlan.
Listen to what this guy says about Cook, tech. He did look real good v Denver, sure surprised me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI49a2r ... 0429229370
I never saw Friday's game listed as anything other than 4, didn't know it was originally scheduled for 7:30.
Thanks! I'll check this out asap
molo

Post by molo »

I see that it’s snowing and in the 20s. I know people in CNY are tough when it comes to the weather, but between the time and the weather attendance should be light. When does Colgate arrive.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

even in the dome people will balk?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

This kind of weather will definitely affect attendance.
https://www.syracuse.com/weather/2020/0 ... hours.html
Between the time and weather (and TV) I think there'll be a really light crowd....I'll go with 2,200 (and I'm going on the heavy side).
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t think it is in the Dome is it?
OldOrange

Post by OldOrange »

All the home games in February are in the Dome. Dome becomes unavailable in March
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Friend was going to drive up from NYC to meet his son (who was going to drive from Hamilton) and... Both turned around per the suggestion of a friend in Syracuse. Then... TV it is! 4:00!
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

for any and all 'cuse (and ACC) fans, if you don't get/are blocked from the ACCN this spring, go to:

http://yoursports.stream/live?v=acc

hit the little "x" in between and to the right of the "download" and "play now" icons, and then the play arrow button should be right there for ya.

a little info service provided by poster HooTV on the sabre.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Offense put in 21 and honestly thought they could have had more. Looking forward to see how they progress. Defense is gonna be a work in progress and that's ok this offense can probably carry them this first month. Scary situation with Mellon, seems like he should be fine but you never know. Colgate has some guys that can flat out play, it was obvious they would ready to go after getting embarrassed last week. Glad the Orange faced some adversity in this game, should help them as the season progresses.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:12 am This kind of weather will definitely affect attendance.
https://www.syracuse.com/weather/2020/0 ... hours.html
Between the time and weather (and TV) I think there'll be a really light crowd....I'll go with 2,200 (and I'm going on the heavy side).
Caught this in the write up:

The game was played in a tropical climate, with the Dome temperature jacked up to 88 degrees to help the snow melt off the roof.

attendance was 2140...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, it was crazy warm in there when you first walked in, railings and seats were actually warm to the touch, felt as if they were heated. It did cool down as the game went along though, was pretty comfortable all in all. 2,200 was a pretty good call, eh (am not buying that there were that many in there)?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Several questions for Dmac. 88 degrees. Really? Heat rises ,was that temp at roof or on the field? Didn't see anyone cramping up. Football games can be brutally hot there, assume renovation bringing air conditioning, how did Carrier place name on dome without? Similar to Apple acquiring naming rights but no smartphones work inside. Girls game gets prime time over men's game ? Equality is good but 4 pm on Friday for opener? UNC and Notre Dame at a high school while Binghamton and Colgate at Dome?

Im convinced that every young attackman should play box after watching Native Indian and Canadian players . One great hand or two good ones is secondary to ability to hit small windows. Scanlan a much better passer than I realized, snaps swing passes on mark effortlessly. Surprsied how easily he has assimilated into this offense , he got plenty of touches and looks without needing ball . UNC team has done good job with Gray integration as well. Not always come easy but both offenses enhanced with these single additions .Liked the approach of Orange attackman , move and take what is there and dont force what is not. Refhuss plays with head up and Cook's rides have been contagious .Colgate coach better work on clears. Trimboli may not be as flashy as other mids but he's the most accurate and consistent of all on first line though Curry real. Nice coming out party for Quinn . Scorers on second line with him, Buttermore and Lipka . Perhaps no two dominant alphas like PSU but more spots to score from if Orange move and share and their top three dm's are more capable offensively than last year .Different than UVA fire power but could be as potent.

Pasting gist of previous comment on D and 14 goals. Man down and transition d was poor and Mellen had a bad day at office which didn't help. He'll return to good form. D unit as a whole had several changes and needs to improve on coordination and communication . The individual talent is there to be very good. One questionable change was shifting a AA lsm in Kennedy to close. Supposedly done to cover quicker attackman , he'll be excellent on ball defender but his speed and two way play have greater impact in open field. Created havoc at lsm ,cut off field and his on ball didn't require help. UVA didn't drop the larger Conners down despite having a need and a good lsm in Rock because they know the overall impact of a AA caliber lsm is significant.Hope that is reconsidered. The other notable change was shifting the 2nd and 3rd ssdm last year to poles. Agree with that as Helmer defense more needed on d but Oladuyne who is now the second dm in rotation behind Dearth was out. He should return shortly.

Final thought . Rather have played Binghamton first then a decent Colgate second to be better prepared to take on a tough Army that dominated UMass. Know the old adage of focusing on the next opponent and never overlooking anyone but cant see Bearcats coming close to upsetting,. Wouldn't surprise if practice prep is quietly geared this week with Army in mind.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Talked to one of the security people there, he said they were blasting heat into the Dome to melt the snow on the roof (snowed a lot Friday) for the work they're doing. It was uncomfortably warm (for we northerners anyway) when the game began but it cooled down to pretty comfortable fairly quickly. Conditions were pretty much perfect for the game from there on out.
I'd replace Curry with Buttermore on EMO. Has a much greater variety of shots which he can get off quickly and accurately. Not knocking Curry, just think Buttermore is a better person for that job.
As for the Natives (box) yes, they're terrific at "placing" shots rather than just shooting. You can see the game on YouTube, look at Scanlan's shots. There's no follow through, he flings it like a dart. If I were teaching a young kid how to throw I wouldn't teach him that way...I'd teach him to shoot it that way in time though. Lot of them pass and shoot that way, it works. Yes on the box, it's huge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
molo

Post by molo »

Mellen out, no word on when he returns yet.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I heard sometime after the Hobart game.

This may have come inside my own head and after I was done with my Mellon pinned up voodoo doll but I’m definitely sure it’s still true.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Pretty good piece on Brendan Curry.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”