FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
NElaxtalent

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by NElaxtalent »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:55 pm admin is explainable. He still has the preseason rankings. which we've discussed, will amend next week, etc.
as for laxpere...
Was observing, nothing more. All good.
GSP

Post by GSP »

Duke not a top 25 team in one of the polls?????
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

GSP wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:30 pm Duke not a top 25 team in one of the polls?????
May have been left off by mistake by someone. Easy to lose track of who you have where unless you write it down first.
“I wish you would!”
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

If I am reading Massey correctly, did ND and UPenn swap places without either of them having played?
https://www.masseyratings.com/clax/ncaa-d1/ratings
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Eventhough a 0-0 team is tethered to nothing because they haven't played any games, they have to be tethered to something. and if what they're tethered to moves, so do they.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:31 pm
GSP wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:30 pm Duke not a top 25 team in one of the polls?????
May have been left off by mistake by someone. Easy to lose track of who you have where unless you write it down first.
I came dangerously close to leaving Syracuse off this week. If I hadn't triple-checked before submitting (due to my accidentally picking Dartmouth instead of Delaware last week) they wouldn't have made my top 20.

I still think a final verification page would help with the overall accuracy of the poll. I'm far more likely to miss a mistake reading down through several screens of picklists than I would be if I had my poll presented for final validation before submitting.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:16 pm Eventhough a 0-0 team is tethered to nothing because they haven't played any games, they have to be tethered to something. and if what they're tethered to moves, so do they.
Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ICGrad wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 pm I still think a final verification page would help with the overall accuracy of the poll. I'm far more likely to miss a mistake reading down through several screens of picklists than I would be if I had my poll presented for final validation before submitting.
I set-up the system so you have the option of entering your e-mail. If you enter your e-mail, you will receive an e-mail in response to (a) confirm your picks were accepted and (b) to see your picks.
Caddy Day
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:16 pm Eventhough a 0-0 team is tethered to nothing because they haven't played any games, they have to be tethered to something. and if what they're tethered to moves, so do they.
I could see the two 0-0 teams both moving down together if some lower-ranked team had a big win; or conversely moving up together if a higher-ranking team had a bad loss, but swapping positions?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:43 am
ICGrad wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 pm I still think a final verification page would help with the overall accuracy of the poll. I'm far more likely to miss a mistake reading down through several screens of picklists than I would be if I had my poll presented for final validation before submitting.
I set-up the system so you have the option of entering your e-mail. If you enter your e-mail, you will receive an e-mail in response to (a) confirm your picks were accepted and (b) to see your picks.
Will it be possible to change an error?
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

44WeWantMore wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 am
I could see the two 0-0 teams both moving down together if some lower-ranked team had a big win; or conversely moving up together if a higher-ranking team had a bad loss, but swapping positions?
Just as long as they don't have the exact same schedule, this is 100% possible (and probable).
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 am
Yes. Just re-do the Poll. I'll post whatever is the most recent Poll.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:37 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 am
Yes. Just re-do the Poll. I'll post whatever is the most recent Poll.
Ok. Good to know if a mistake is made.
“I wish you would!”
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

If Army isn’t top 5 this week, people haven’t been paying attention
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:38 pm If Army isn’t top 5 this week, people haven’t been paying attention
They're not in my top 5. Who would they bump?

Very nice start for Army; in 8 days they play a@ Syracuse. Win that game, they might end up in my top 5. As a Cornell fan, you know I'll be pulling for them... :D
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

I think I’d have Army top ten this coming week. Something like
Penn St
Yale / UVa
MD
UNC
Cuse
Army
Notre Dame
Brown
Cornell
Duke
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Good win for MSM over Towson. They have quietly collected some talent in Emmitburg, MD.

Nice win for the Hounds today over Hopkins too. They dominated shots, ground balls, F/O, time of possession, and all the important situational GBs and saves.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Army looks good so far but it could below recent hot starts that Villanova and Rutgers have had in recent years only to fall back significantly. We kind of have to see how OSU (bc of UMass loss) and Rutgers do going forward no? I could see them in the 9-10 spot not sure 5-6 just yet. But they have been very impressive so far.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
calourie

Post by calourie »

Got my poll in as follows:

1. UVA 2-0 still champs until proven otherwise
2. Yale 1-0 moved them ahead of Penn State because I think Ierlan will be Arceri's kryptonite next Saturday
3. Penn State 3-0 if they get the ball they will score
4. Syracuse 2-0 moved the Orange ahead of Maryland because of the Terps two consecutive close calls
5. Maryland 3-0
6. Notre Dame 1-0
7. Army 3-0 impressive start to the season, and didn't need to rely of Nichtern as much to take down Rutgers
8. North Carolina 3-0 we will know more next week
9. Cornell 1-0 ahead of Penn because a good win is better than a close loss
10. Penn 0-1 upcoming Duke game should be revealing
11. Duke 2-1 good win vs. Denver
12. Georgetown 2-0 Still Big East Champs
13. Denver 1-1
14. Loyola 1-1 took Johns Hopkins down a peg or two
15. Delaware 2-0
16. Navy 2-0 untested but nice scoring distribution
17. Johns Hopkins 1-1 look like they need Epstein badly
18. Providence 3-0 apparently a tough defensive team
19. Hobart 2-0 look explosive against some questionable opposition
20. Princeton 1-0 Sowers with 4g 7a vs. Monmouth. Can he carry them to the dance or even the ILT?
21. Air Force 2-1 Duke win looks good
22. Bucknell 3-0 tough to argue with 3-0,
23. Massachusetts 1-1 nice recovery after being blown out by Army
24. Ohio State 2-1 surprising loss to UMASS at home
25, Brown 1-0 Randomly tossing in an undefeated. Quinnipiac goalie made 21 saves to keep his team close in 11-7 loss

Realized in doing this write up that I meant to include Hofstra, but I'll just let them continue to fly under the radar at 2-0 after their nice come from behind victory over Michigan
Last edited by calourie on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

calourie wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:28 pm Got my poll in as follows:

1. UVA 2-0 still champs until proven otherwise
2. Yale 1-0 moved them ahead of Penn State because I think Ierlan will be Arceri's kryptonite next Saturday
3. Penn State 3-0 if they get the ball they will score
4. Syracuse 2-0 moved the Orange ahead of Maryland because of the Terps two consecutive close calls
5. Maryland 3-0
6. Notre Dame 1-0
7. Army 3-0 impressive start to the season, and didn't need to rely of Nichtern as much to take down Rutgers
8. North Carolina 3-0 we will know more next week
9. Cornell 1-0 ahead of Penn because a good win is better than a close loss
10. Penn 0-1 upcoming Duke game should be revealing
11. Duke 2-1 good win vs. Denver
12. Georgetown 2-0 Still Big East Champs
13. Denver 1-1
14. Loyola 1-1 took Johns Hopkins down a peg or two
15. Delaware 2-0
16. Navy 2-0 untested but nice scoring distribution
17. Johns Hopkins 1-1 look like they need Epstein badly
18. Providence 3-0 apparently a tough defensive team
19. Hobart 2-0 look explosive against some questionable opposition
20. Princeton 1-0 Sowers with 4g 7a vs. Monmouth. Can he carry them to the dance or even the ILT?
21. Air Force 2-1 Duke win looks good
22. Bucknell 3-0 tough to argue with 3-0, Tommy Sopko lighting it up
23. Massachusetts 1-1 nice recovery after being blown out by Army
24. Ohio State 2-1 surprising loss to UMASS
25, Brown 1-0 Randomly tossing in an undefeated. Quinnipiac goalie made 21 saves to keep his team close in 11-7 loss

Realized in doing this write up that I meant to include Hofstra, but I'll just let them continue to fly under the radar at 2-0 after their nice come from behind victory over Michigan
Whoa, MD needs to precede Cuse... they may have had close calls but vs solid teams, Richmond and especially Penn. UVa had a lot of close calls last year. Cuse has beaten Gate and Bing. We'll know much more about this SU team when Army marches in next week.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”