Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

BTW, doubleheader Saturday with WLAX playing at noon.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So interestingly, Loyola now sells limited tailgating (no grilling) passes to season ticket holders as an “option.” Expect the fans to be more fired up than usual.

Despite the recent Series history, I think Hopkins can finally gets a win over Loyola this year.

I expect this game to be very similar to the Loyola/uva game.

I think Loyola wins about 55% of the face offs, and both goalies have good days.

There will be 2 differences though:

-I think Loyola goes zone quicker, and if not from the start.

-However, unlike UVA, Hopkins will be ready for it.

IF Loyola can get to 25% shooting they will have a chance . If not, I think Hopkins wins pretty comfortably, by 3-4.
DMac

Post by DMac »

So interestingly, Loyola now sells limited tailgating (no grilling) passes to season ticket holders as an “option.” Expect the fans to be more fired up than usual.
So what does this mean, the person with a tailgating pass can bring a cooler with some sandwiches and drinks in it, but fans from the opposing team can't? Must be too dangerous for anyone to fire up a Hibachi and cook a couple of burgers and wursts, eh?
:roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

They previously didn’t allow tailgating or congregating of any sorts on the grass parking lot next to the field. They were quite strict about it.

I think the parking lot is next to a former landfill. And right next to the Brand new multi-million dollar Bubble field house. Probably best not to burn where they monitor for methane and other gasses, or let people burn near the bubble!

:shock:

They sold tailgating passes to season ticketholders. I don’t see finally allowing BYOB and byo-food as a bad thing!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The field complex is on a former landfill. I can’t recall if it was purchased or on a long term lease. The campus is landlocked. It was a Baltimore City landfill if memory serves.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:26 am The field complex is on a former landfill. I can’t recall if it was purchased or on a long term lease. The campus is landlocked. It was a Baltimore City landfill if memory serves.
So both the field and the campus are on landfills?

Those Jesuits know how to find cheap land. Reminds me of how the Mormons wound up in Utah. Go to some stinky place no one will want.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:26 am The field complex is on a former landfill. I can’t recall if it was purchased or on a long term lease. The campus is landlocked. It was a Baltimore City landfill if memory serves.

Those Jesuits know how to find cheap land. Reminds me of how the Mormons wound up in Utah. Go to some stinky place no one will want.

Necessity is often the mother of invention! Read this link (below) and look at the photos; the RAC is maybe the best lacrosse facility in America. Well worth a visit by any lacrosse fan!

https://www.sasaki.com/projects/loyola- ... c-complex/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The east side of the athletic complex used to be.
Good luck finding large tracts of land near Charles. Its why Loyola bought all those high rise buildings on Cold Spring.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 am

The east side of the athletic complex used to be.
Good luck finding large tracts of land near Charles. Its why Loyola bought all those high rise buildings on Cold Spring.

Loyola and Notre Dame of Maryland University need to merge and combine the campuses.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

https://bullseyeeventgroup.com/wp-conte ... e-Fail.jpg

OK Hop fans - be careful on Saturday. We don't need this to happen.... :lol:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Notre Dame and Loyola cannot merge to join the campuses together.

LC spent a lot of time trying to find the “right” site.

They got an excellent result.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:36 am Notre Dame and Loyola cannot merge to join the campuses together.

I thought Hopkins owned the land between. At least they did at one time.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

That is precisely why they cannot merge campuses

Unlikely in the extreme that land can ever be titled to anyone else. Lillie know codicils on the gift from Johns Hopkins ro the University
Last edited by OCanada on Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:36 am Notre Dame and Loyola cannot merge to join the campuses together.

Hopkins owns the land that exists to the side of the walkway between our Dining Hall and up to the Loyola Notre Dame Library. If Loyola had that land they could expand the campus and add new stuff. Make it more colonial like. Thats why i always loved going down to hopkins and walking around with the fam just exploring all the stuff.

Been going there since i was 15 and i still can't find my way around :lol:
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Good outdoor summer theater there.
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:48 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 am

Hopkins owns the land that exists to the side of the walkway between our Dining Hall and up to the Loyola Notre Dame Library. If Loyola had that land they could expand the campus and add new stuff. Make it more colonial like. Thats why i always loved going down to hopkins and walking around with the fam just exploring all the stuff.

Been going there since i was 15 and i still can't find my way around :lol:
IIRC Hopkins owns that land and the Evergreen Museum because the owners didn't trust Loyola or Notre Dame to not expand their campuses on to it if they were given control. I think they were right. I have no doubt Loyola would have built something, maybe even the new stadium that ended up being Ridley, back there by now.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The property was donated to Hopkins. Title transferred with codicils to prevent either school to obtain title. Evergreen House is a very valuable property housing museum quality items. It was Johns Hopkins home. Milton Eisenhower kept his office there after retirement. Some assets have been sold but among the assets once there were Guttenburg Bibles and the like
Last edited by OCanada on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

I'm trying to see if I can find a property tax map. Everyone has me curious now.

Is this the piece of property that everyone is talking about: https://ibb.co/KxyVh3q
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

As you drive north on Charles the entrance to Loyola will be first. Next will be the entrance to evergreen house.

I erred in IDing the donor earlier

An introduction. Donated by Garrett Family

https://museums.jhu.edu/evergreen.php
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

am I correct we haven't swept loyola/towson since 2012?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”