VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Gatsby

Re: VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

Post by Gatsby »

The person who posted it said he thinks so.
NJLax80

Post by NJLax80 »

The following players did not play vs Hobart, beyond an early shift or two. But, most did not play at all.

Rode
LaSalla
Moore
Aitken
Kraus
Laviano
Conners
Cormier
Merle
Fox

That being said, Hobart played well and showed they have plenty of talent to compete. Strong showing.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Came back from Europe yesterday. I was saddened to hear of his passing.A fine,decent man IMO. :(
molo

Post by molo »

Check out the IL piece on the ride. It's especially illustrative in light of the uninformed comments from a poster who is a fan of the team who will be visiting Klockner this weekend.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Hounds with a tall task. UVA is the easy favorite in this one. IL even states that UVA has "Swarms of elite contributors like Michael Kraus, Matt Moore, Dox Aitken and Ian Laviano."
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

.... checking for my wallet.... :lol:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

thatsmell wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm Hounds with a tall task. UVA is the easy favorite in this one. IL even states that UVA has "Swarms of elite contributors like Michael Kraus, Matt Moore, Dox Aitken and Ian Laviano."
Who thought Air Force would beat Duke again? That's why they play the games. Mistakes, injuries, turnovers, lack of chemistry can all trump raw talent. I am expecting a hard fought contest by 2 of the nation's best.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

thatsmell wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 pm Hounds with a tall task. UVA is the easy favorite in this one. IL even states that UVA has "Swarms of elite contributors like Michael Kraus, Matt Moore, Dox Aitken and Ian Laviano."
I smell a sandbagger :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not sure why Charlie schedules elite teams like UVA. The Hounds have no right sharing any field with an incredible team of superior athletes like UVA. Plus their goalie is a leftie and you know how leftie goalies play against us.

What's the line here, UVA by - like - 20? Maybe the game will be snowed out.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Quint said it best: Getting this Hounds team early-season is key. They have some growing to do. UVA has too much talent. Hoos cruise.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm Quint said it best: Getting this Hounds team early-season is key. They have some growing to do. UVA has too much talent. Hoos cruise.
I'd much rather play a Toomey team early vs later in season...they are an especially hard team to beat twice.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

molo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:11 pm Check out the IL piece on the ride. It's especially illustrative in light of the uninformed comments from a poster who is a fan of the team who will be visiting Klockner this weekend.
so what i got from this was....

Loyola middies will get LIT up by the cavaliers when trying to clear the ball. They're creating and inducing chaos to cause bad passes, turnovers etc on the clearing/riding game.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
molo

Post by molo »

I was referring to a comment criticizing a UVA attackman who was singled out by his coach for his tenacious riding.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

molo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:14 pm I was referring to a comment criticizing a UVA attackman who was singled out by his coach for his tenacious riding.
Oh molo I didn’t mean to attack your point, I was just stating what I saw and took from the article. Laviano certainly does more than finishing!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
molo

Post by molo »

No offense, it was another Hound fan who seemed nit to grasp who attack units work together. Moore and Kraus are understandly regarded highly, but Laviano is more than just the beneficiary of their dodging and feeding. He’s clever off ball and, as noted by his coach, s tough rider.
Looks like the Hook is due for the same weather that we are getting here in Baltimore for the next few days, rain ending by Saturday. A soggy field may slow diminish to some extent the faster team’s advantage. Thatsmell, whose insights have been lamentably absent from this forum until recently, points out that the Hounds should be—as they typically are—athletic at ssdm. I know they have an elite lsm. Can they stave off an early UVA onslaught, or will the defending NC blitz the Hounds before they can get settled? Savio versus Lasalla could be key.
Notwithstanding the respect I have for Toomey and his staff to get the most from his players, I think the largely intact defending NC is right now too far ahead of a rebuilding team that should be pretty good as the season progresses.
I would be inclined to stay away from media and catch this game from the start on replay, but I’m sure the announcer at Homewood will
have given updates on the score.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Molo, thanks for the kind words. Hope you are well!

I think my Hounds are athletic at Midfield, but unproven on offense (in college). Who steps up? I don’t know. I think 3 could be particularly good, but didn’t get to see any scrimmages this year or make the coaches dinner so I don’t know for certain.

As you alluded, we have a LSM that’s garnering some press. But that entire unit is deep. We have a couple other LSMs that are awesome depth. Every little bit will help.

I agree with your assessment. UVA are the defending champs and have a TON of returning pieces so they are the likely favorite right now. They probably win this one rather easily too, but the Hounds should improve each week and will hopefully (fingers crossed) be hunting for a NCAA spot later in the season.

Here’s to a competitive, entertaining game and no injuries!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

For what it is worth, Shellenberger is red shirting this year.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 am For what it is worth, Shellenberger is red shirting this year.
Lars does not pay me for my advice (to be honest, I wouldn't trust the advice of a Hopkins fan either ;) ) but I think this would be a pretty big mistake. It feels like tempting fate to me. If your championship window is right now—who knows what the team or the landscape looks like in 3 years—then I don't see why you keep a kid like that off the field even if the offense is crowded. You find a spot for him, get him meaningful reps, and he will be a better player for it in the future having played in actual games with Atiken and Kraus. Plus, the kid might say he's cool with this now but things can change. Having to sit out an entire year when you're hurt is one thing, but when you're healthy and know you can be contributing—that can take its toll. I'm sure the situation is not the same as it was for Wisnauskas at Syracuse but any time you tell a kid like that that he won't play this year, you at least run the risk of a negative outcome. It just seems a little too cute. Yeah, your offense is already quite good—why not make it better? The assumption would be that it's ultimately in the best interest of the player and the team, and I'm not sure I'd agree with either.

Anyway, please beat Loyola this weekend!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 am For what it is worth, Shellenberger is red shirting this year.
Lars does not pay me for my advice (to be honest, I wouldn't trust the advice of a Hopkins fan either ;) ) but I think this would be a pretty big mistake. It feels like tempting fate to me. If your championship window is right now—who knows what the team or the landscape looks like in 3 years—then I don't see why you keep a kid like that off the field even if the offense is crowded. You find a spot for him, get him meaningful reps, and he will be a better player for it in the future having played in actual games with Atiken and Kraus. Plus, the kid might say he's cool with this now but things can change. Having to sit out an entire year when you're hurt is one thing, but when you're healthy and know you can be contributing—that can take its toll. I'm sure the situation is not the same as it was for Wisnauskas at Syracuse but any time you tell a kid like that that he won't play this year, you at least run the risk of a negative outcome. It just seems a little too cute. Yeah, your offense is already quite good—why not make it better? The assumption would be that it's ultimately in the best interest of the player and the team, and I'm not sure I'd agree with either.

Anyway, please beat Loyola this weekend!
is this for the pleasure of seeing PB and his super hot take get drowned out LOL

Because in my gut, UVA most likely will. In any case, if Loyola somehow someway in the tiniest chance does come away with a Win then i'd be shocked
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Joe Robertson injured and red shirting, Connor Shellenberger red shirting, Connor Croll awaiting trial (google it), not a good year for STAB HS lacrosse grads. It can only look up from here.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”