ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Nice 2 see 2 Randymac players on the HM list. They may be a tougher out this season..
Lynchburg’s Rodgers certainly has something to prove this year. After all, he had the T/O in ODAC finals that led to the break and winning goal.. As I mentioned earlier, offense will be better, hands down. SSDM’s will be better. Need to see who steps up to replace the #3 Meadows @ low pole, who will replace #37 McDonald @ LSM, who will F/O as well who the young goalie will be (less concerned since Coach K was a goalie himself and 2 year starter from 2016 and 2017 now back as a graduate assistant).
To Dehunt’s point...what good to an excellent O if the ball is on D side 60% of the time. The stable are deep in all other positions except at the X. We shall see 2/5.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

:twisted:
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:44 am Nice 2 see 2 Randymac players on the HM list. They may be a tougher out this season..
Lynchburg’s Rodgers certainly has something to prove this year. After all, he had the T/O in ODAC finals that led to the break and winning goal.. As I mentioned earlier, offense will be better, hands down. SSDM’s will be better. Need to see who steps up to replace the #3 Meadows @ low pole, who will replace #37 McDonald @ LSM, who will F/O as well who the young goalie will be (less concerned since Coach K was a goalie himself and 2 year starter from 2016 and 2017 now back as a graduate assistant).
To Dehunt’s point...what good to an excellent O if the ball is on D side 60% of the time. The stable are deep in all other positions except at the X. We shall see 2/5.
Couldn't agree more, love the notoriety outside the traditional big 4 teams. Had a chance to look through the IL preseason AA list. Obviously the preseason AA list will change drastically, but they do a great job highlighting players to follow throughout the year. Really surprised to not see Jared Medwar even on the HM list. I would put him just behind Rogers and Hodgson in the ODAC player of the year race. He's going to step up in a big way this year with the departure of Burke and is in a prime position to make his case for HM or 3rd Team AA this coming year.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Here we go..
Tough OOC games for LYN and W&L.
LYN scrimmaged D2 Limestone Saturday. Full game with starters midway into 4th. Tied at the half. LYN up after 3 then closed door in 4th shutting them out winning by 4 or 5. 2nd string then scrimmaged a thin Mars Hill. Lots of talent @ LYN.
Takeaway. They are healthy, in shape and hungry. Defense is strong with 2 returning starters and a senior stepping into the sole vacated spot. 2 Returning SSDM’s and LSMs.
F/O and junior goalie is a bit of a concern but Coach K always has goal play ready.. Offense is stout. 2 strong middle lines and attack is, as suspected, bigger and solid.
Salisbury is a tall order but we should match up well and have size. Hoping to squeak this one out..

Always root for ODAC in OOC. York being coached by LYN Childs makes it tougher but looking forward to flip over to see how Gennies look. Thinking they take down York by 2 or 3.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Great to hear Lynchburg dominating Limestone and Mars Hill. Always nice to show the prowess of DIII over DII and especially continue to expand the ODACs dominance. Hoping for a strong year out of W&L and LYN to improve the conference overall, really need HS and Roanoke to step up this season if we want a Pool C bid.

Thinking W&L can pull out a victory against York, agreeing with Nothinbutthelax about a 2-3 goal margin of victory.

Lynchburg has an even taller order against Salisbury, will be a battle and think itll be a 1-2 goal game either way.

HSC opens with Mary Washington, I expect a blow out given how W&L smacked them last year and HS returning a lot of young players.

Roanoke doesnt open till the 19th against CNU. I think this game will tell us if Roanoke will have a bounce back year or another year of disappointment.

All said and done exciting week for the ODAC!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Last season was Roanoke’s worst in 10 years. CNU will be a test as to whether they move forward or face further decline. They are working with a 38 man roster where 40% of their roster are freshman (16) . This is at a minimum a two year rebuild. Lynchburg’s opening four games are brutal 1-3 would not be terrible. Will W&L’s relatively young D be able to step up early in the season and who will play X and be efficient doing so ? HSC was very young last year, can they take the next step and beat Lynchburg or W&L this year. Lastly can the ODAC’s NCAA tournament representative ( 1or 2) get to a qtr final. Hopefully these things will reveal themselves in the upcoming games
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:40 am Great to hear Lynchburg dominating Limestone and Mars Hill. Always nice to show the prowess of DIII over DII and especially continue to expand the ODACs dominance. Hoping for a strong year out of W&L and LYN to improve the conference overall, really need HS and Roanoke to step up this season if we want a Pool C bid.

Thinking W&L can pull out a victory against York, agreeing with Nothinbutthelax about a 2-3 goal margin of victory.

Lynchburg has an even taller order against Salisbury, will be a battle and think itll be a 1-2 goal game either way.

HSC opens with Mary Washington, I expect a blow out given how W&L smacked them last year and HS returning a lot of young players.

Roanoke doesnt open till the 19th against CNU. I think this game will tell us if Roanoke will have a bounce back year or another year of disappointment.

Yes...showing the prowess and domination in a scrimmage????
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Pitt12 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:37 pm
dingdongdman wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:40 am Great to hear Lynchburg dominating Limestone and Mars Hill. Always nice to show the prowess of DIII over DII and especially continue to expand the ODACs dominance. Hoping for a strong year out of W&L and LYN to improve the conference overall, really need HS and Roanoke to step up this season if we want a Pool C bid.

Sounds like someones a little touchy about their D2 team. Better luck next time.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

The domination in a scrimmage just means that the score would be that much worse in the real season. D3 has better players and coaching, and therefore would get better at a higher rate throughout the course of the season than D2 teams. Also it is just common knowledge that the top 15-20 D3 teams would consistently beat the D2 national champion. The skill level is just a step lower.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Sounds like someones a little touchy about their D2 team. Better luck next time.
Here we go... Lol! Just saying it’s a scrimmage...that’s all.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Pitt12 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:21 pm

To reiterate the above point, a win is a win, and a loss is a loss albeit in a scrimmage. If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill go right ahead Pitt12, but deep down in places you do not talk about, we all know the truth.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Good luck
Last edited by Pitt12 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

FapTitan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:05 pm

The domination in a scrimmage just means that the score would be that much worse in the real season. D3 has better players and coaching, and therefore would get better at a higher rate throughout the course of the season than D2 teams. Also it is just common knowledge that the top 15-20 D3 teams would consistently beat the D2 national champion. The skill level is just a step lower.
Ok Fap...just saying it’s a scrimmage...maybe you guys view scrimmages differently.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:22 pm
Pitt12 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:21 pm

To reiterate the above point, a win is a win, and a loss is a loss albeit in a scrimmage. If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill go right ahead Pitt12, but deep down in places you do not talk about, we all know the truth.
I was simply commenting on the “Scrimmage” that’s all. Good luck to Lynchburg.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

Damn three posts in a row, someone is a little worked up :lol: Also, great teams never see scrimmages as "just a scrimmage." Guess that mindset is what led you to the lacrosse basement that is D2
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

FapTitan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:55 pm Damn three posts in a row, someone is a little worked up :lol: Also, great teams never see scrimmages as "just a scrimmage." Guess that mindset is what led you to the lacrosse basement that is D2
Scrimmage
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Pitt12 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm
FapTitan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:55 pm Damn three posts in a row, someone is a little worked up :lol: Also, great teams never see scrimmages as "just a scrimmage." Guess that mindset is what led you to the lacrosse basement that is D2
Scrimmage
I imagine what creates the difference between D2 vs. others is that everyone else handles a scrimmage like a game. Saying a loss is okay because its a scrimmage seems a little defeatist to me.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

dingdongdman wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:06 pm
Scrimmage
I imagine what creates the difference between D2 vs. others is that everyone else handles a scrimmage like a game. Saying a loss is okay because its a scrimmage seems a little defeatist to me.
Again good luck to Lynchburg...didn’t intend to get into a d2 vs d3 debate. All I was saying is most teams use scrimmages to fix problems, try different things to see where they are to be ready for the regular season.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

If that is your thinking, then top 5 RIT shouldn't even show up this year. They got beat by not 1 but 2 D2 schools (Mercyhurst and Le Moyne) in preseason scrimmages! Weird though that you don't notice anyone beating their chest on the D2 boards about it. It might be because nobody cares. Just like in a week or 2 nobody will care about this scrimmage.

I know they're not in the ODAC. I'm just making a point on how silly you look saying a "W is a W and a L is an L". Scrimmages are played to make your team better, not focus on the score. Very little game planning goes into these things. The coaching staffs are probably more interested in the film to fix the problems they see.

The D1vD2vD3vJUCOvMCLA arguments are very stupid. End of the day, 8 teams will be at Lincoln Financial Field on Memorial Day Weekend, with 3 winners.

Good luck to Lynchburg and the rest of the ODAC this year.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Could W&L and Lynchburg be overlooking HSC this season. They bring back essentially everyone including a great offensive player, an outstanding goalie and one of the top fogo’s in the country. Looking forward to the CNU game with them. They bit W&L in the ass a few years back when I thought W&L was clearly the better team. If my recollection is correct I think W&L’s save pct was about10% that day( not a misprint).HSC opens with Mary Washington, W&L with YORK and Lynchburg takes on what’s probably one of the top 3 teams in the country with Salisbury. Good luck boys !
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Scrimmage
For the record Limestone is undefeated vs Lynchburg in the “Regular Season” since moving to D2. Good night Fap.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”