FanLax Forum Poll

D2 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Numerous post-ers have mentioned having a FanLax Forum Poll and many have expressed an interest in being involved. The broad brushstrokes involve submitting a weekly poll (with rationale) which will be amalgamated to create a FanLax Forum Poll. All other details (e.g. How many teams, etc.) are To Be Determined. Who wants in? Post below or message me.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Current thinking:

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
#2 - The polls will be due on Monday night and will be posted on Tuesday by noon.
#3 - We'll be posting the FORUM and POST-ER POLLS within the website with a link to a thread within the relevant Forum. (e.g. D1 Men Forum, D1 Women Forum, D3 Men Forum, etc.) Within the relevant Forum, the Post-ers who submitted Polls will have an opportunity to explain their Poll as well as to add more teams if they felt limited by the Top Ten. And, of course, all post-ers will have an opportunity to offer support, ask questions, deride and ridicule the Poll Post-ers for their weak choices, etc.

That's the thinking for now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

we currently have 2 poll post-ers... which is good and... More'll be better...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I created the Forum Poll Page (for the D1 Men) to collect the Polls from the individual Forum Poll Post-ers.
Take a look. I'm going to do the same for you all but wanted to pause before doing this to get feedback on this first iteration.

As shown on the page, minimum of Top 10, maximum of Top 25. All picks will contribute to the cumulative FORUM POLL with #1 picks getting the most weight, the #25 pick getting the least. Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, etc. Otherwise, enjoy making your picks. And, of course, let me know if you want to join the fun.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is where the D2 Men Poll-ers will post their Polls. The more the merrier so just let me know if you want to join the fun.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For obvious and less obvious reasons, I've added Password Protection to the Poll Submission page. If you're a Forum Poll-er, message (or e-mail) me and I'll send you the password.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 am we currently have 2 poll post-ers... which is good and... More'll be better...
Would like to be involved in the forum poll.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

Red, You forgot Seton Hill.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Pitt12 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:06 pm Would like to be involved in the forum poll.
Added you to the Post-ers. Here is where you make your picks (http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/30/fan ... ll-d2-men/) and I PM'ed you the password. Next poll is due on Monday at midnight.
Caddy Day
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

bmorelax wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:52 am Red, You forgot Seton Hill.
I did - will not next week...
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

I would like to do the poll also
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

bmorelax wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 am I would like to do the poll also
Added you to the Post-ers. Here is where you make your picks (http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/30/fan ... ll-d2-men/) and I PM'ed you the password. Next poll is due on Monday at midnight.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FanLax Forum Poll

The FanLax Forum Polls are due every Monday before midnight. The Poll-er Polls and the aggregated Forum Poll will be posted on Tuesday.

Poll-ers: Your job is to present the best teams. (Not "your favorite", "the best".) The criteria you use to define "the best" is up to you. Whatever criteria you deem appropriate in deciding which teams are the best. With this said, if you choose to have Albany as the #1 team in the nation, please explain your reasoning. Explanations for the ranking of every team in your poll is appreciated. But especially appreciated for the outliers. Lastly, the Poll-er Polls are interesting because they're based on your opinion. So please be true to you. i.e. Don't lower a team's ranking because of a fear of ridicule or otherwise. Just be true to you... and explain your reasoning.

You should find all the Polls as well as the Poll Submission pages within the Forum Poll main page. If you forget the Poll Submission page password, just message us (with which Poll you're doing).

Potential Poll-ers: If you want to join the fun, just let us know.
Rick24

Post by Rick24 »

I'd like in please
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Rick24 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:07 pm I'd like in please
Signed you up and e-mailed you the Poll Submission Page password. thanks, Rick. Poll due on Monday at midnight.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls due at midnight. I have submissions from:

Pitt12
SpiritInTheStick
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

1. Polls due on Monday Night at Midnight.
2. You may want to have a Poll in hand to work off of. Trying to remember your Top Teams week-after-week is not a simply task.
3. You can now have your submitted Poll e-mailed to you so you can see your Poll. BUT... You will not have access to this functionality until after Feb. 18th.
Caddy Day

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”