The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:21 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm There’s nothing quite so telling as folks who spike the football immediately after the opening kickoff.
So now you're telling us that at kickoff, you can't tell which sport is being played?

What Trump and FoxNation told us was that NAFTA was the worst deal ever. That Clinton's Globalism was bad, and was sticking it to the working class.

This new deal was SUPPOSED to change all that, on a truly fundamental level, and COMPLETELY change how we handle trade.....and protect American markets and workers.

What we are telling you is: this is CLEARLY not what happened. It's the same globalist path that favors the 1% over the American worker.

And of course, Trump is making the same claims about his "new" deal with China. This is plainly a big fat lie, and we're going to go right back to the same trade practices that harms the American worker.

That is what we're talking about here. But because you're too busy cheering for anything Trump, and too busy with your condescending remarks, you don't want to take even five seconds to think about what's happening with our trade.

So the point of your post was not that the Chinese trade deal was only’ going to add a net “10k jobs” per year, but rather that Trump ran as a populist and now promotes globalist trade deals? Well, if that was your point, you’re correct. Take a bow. This might surprise you but politicians often lie.

Anyway, like everything else in life, I prefer to wait a while before assigning scores to things as complicated as trade deals. The ink isn’t even dry.
So you are saying that you don't know and Trump is a liar? Gottcha.

Do all Dem trolls use the same playbook on how to engage online? Has anyone ever noticed that they often use this tactic whereby they insert words in your mouth then ask you to defend what you did not say? 'so you are saying' says forever. TLD says 'so you believe,. defend that!'. Total Authoritarianism 101. Bury this anti-freedom philosophy once and for all folks, early November.
Authoritarianism?
He asked whether that's what you meant when you danced and twisted yourself into knots to not address the prior string of questions about stated facts, the clear evidence that Trump said something baldfacedly untrue. You demurred from addressing that reality and said you "prefer to wait" and "the ink isn't even dry".

In other Seig Heil Der Leader.

That's what happens in authoritarianism, the unwillingness to question Der Leader, to directly address lies.

If Der Leader is indeed a Der Leader type, someone forgot to inform Trump himself, the uhh 'leader'. Our press is nearly 100% agitatingly adversarial to the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., yet it's Warren (a leftist) who proposes imprisoning people for saying the wrong thing. Mao is blushing with pride.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:38 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:29 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 am Their troll narrative really is comparable. I think they all tune into Morning Joe to get their propaganda fix and then regurgitate it on this board
Who?
You know, that action figure you keep on your desk at work
I like it. Wasn’t Joe a Republican?
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 am Their troll narrative really is comparable. I think they all tune into Morning Joe to get their propaganda fix and then regurgitate it on this board
Who?
Still is...a MDlaxfan Republican :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:44 am
Who?

MDLax is 100 degrees more a Republican than Scarborough.

Assuming Scarborough is a Republican (he isn't), find me one (just one) positive thing he has had to say about any Republican in the last two years. I will take one positive comment about even one Republican officeholder.

I'll wait.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:48 am
Who?

Assuming Scarborough is a Republican (he isn't), find me one (just one) positive thing he has had to say about any Republican in the last two years. I will take one positive comment about even one Republican officeholder.

I'll wait.
Joe caught Mika Fever...much worse than Corona
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am
Who?

I'll wait.

I truly have no idea how anyone watches that show. It is a mindless repetitive TDS echo chamber. They drag down some decent journalists, begging them to say inane things (which they then do), and everyone is worse for the wear.

I will repeat this til I die, but I am not a massive Trump fan. But he has delivered on things important to me and to my country. What he has done almost more perfectly than expected is he has exposed our media for being quite shallow, generally partisan Democrat shills.

The days of reputable journo's like Tim Russert (a Democrat to be sure, but an honest one) are long in the mirror.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

US economy limps along at 2.1% rate in fourth quarter, matching Q3 rate.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:21 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm There’s nothing quite so telling as folks who spike the football immediately after the opening kickoff.
So now you're telling us that at kickoff, you can't tell which sport is being played?

What Trump and FoxNation told us was that NAFTA was the worst deal ever. That Clinton's Globalism was bad, and was sticking it to the working class.

This new deal was SUPPOSED to change all that, on a truly fundamental level, and COMPLETELY change how we handle trade.....and protect American markets and workers.

What we are telling you is: this is CLEARLY not what happened. It's the same globalist path that favors the 1% over the American worker.

And of course, Trump is making the same claims about his "new" deal with China. This is plainly a big fat lie, and we're going to go right back to the same trade practices that harms the American worker.

That is what we're talking about here. But because you're too busy cheering for anything Trump, and too busy with your condescending remarks, you don't want to take even five seconds to think about what's happening with our trade.

So the point of your post was not that the Chinese trade deal was only’ going to add a net “10k jobs” per year, but rather that Trump ran as a populist and now promotes globalist trade deals? Well, if that was your point, you’re correct. Take a bow. This might surprise you but politicians often lie.

Anyway, like everything else in life, I prefer to wait a while before assigning scores to things as complicated as trade deals. The ink isn’t even dry.
So you are saying that you don't know and Trump is a liar? Gottcha.

Do all Dem trolls use the same playbook on how to engage online? Has anyone ever noticed that they often use this tactic whereby they insert words in your mouth then ask you to defend what you did not say? 'so you are saying' says forever. TLD says 'so you believe,. defend that!'. Total Authoritarianism 101. Bury this anti-freedom philosophy once and for all folks, early November.
Authoritarianism?
He asked whether that's what you meant when you danced and twisted yourself into knots to not address the prior string of questions about stated facts, the clear evidence that Trump said something baldfacedly untrue. You demurred from addressing that reality and said you "prefer to wait" and "the ink isn't even dry".

In other Seig Heil Der Leader.

That's what happens in authoritarianism, the unwillingness to question Der Leader, to directly address lies.

If Der Leader is indeed a Der Leader type, someone forgot to inform Trump himself, the uhh 'leader'. Our press is nearly 100% agitatingly adversarial to the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., yet it's Warren (a leftist) who proposes imprisoning people for saying the wrong thing. Mao is blushing with pride.
Whoa "Our press is nearly 100% agitatingly adversarial to the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave"?

Does the press include Fox and the WSJ ?
Does it include talk radio?

And are you really so sure that Warren "proposes imprisoning people for saying the wrong thing"?
Is this another example of reading comprehension issues?

Try reading exactly what she suggests should be illegal.

I'm not a Warren fan in the slightest, but I do think there are acts that involve "speech" that should be illegal.
Some already are.
I'm open to considering whether there are other acts that should also be illegal.

For instance, I think a serious debate could be had about anonymity online, especially when used to spread demonstrably fraudulent information.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am
Who?

I'll wait.
I do think Mika had an influence, but this is all about Trump and Trumpism.
And when Trump went after Mika in a very misogynistic way, and the online trolls made death threats to her, Joe drew the line.

Joe continues to espouse conservative principles.
That said, he's publicly renounced the Republican Party...under Trump.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am US economy limps along at 2.1% rate in fourth quarter, matching Q3 rate.
A shrinking trade deficit resulting from a steep falloff in imports helped bolster the fourth quarter’s reading, as did a revived housing sector. Business investment and consumer spending expanded, but at a slower pace than they had during the summer. Year-over-year growth was 2.3% in 2019, compared with 2.5% a year earlier. Domestic demand, also disappointed, growing by 2.2%, the weakest figure since 1.8% in 2013.

Yawn. 2017 tax cut "stimulus" has fizzled and despite historical low unemployment, deficit has grown significantly. Incredibly, the Trumpies want another tax cut to help DOPUS get elected again.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:35 am
Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am US economy limps along at 2.1% rate in fourth quarter, matching Q3 rate.
A shrinking trade deficit resulting from a steep falloff in imports helped bolster the fourth quarter’s reading, as did a revived housing sector. Business investment and consumer spending expanded, but at a slower pace than they had during the summer. Year-over-year growth was 2.3% in 2019, compared with 2.5% a year earlier. Domestic demand, also disappointed, growing by 2.2%, the weakest figure since 1.8% in 2013.

Yawn. 2017 tax cut "stimulus" has fizzled and despite historical low unemployment, deficit has grown significantly. Incredibly, the Trumpies want another tax cut to help DOPUS get elected again.

Agreed. I'd rather the government tax me higher, take more of my hard-earned money so they can squander it even more. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Take the first step, Pete. Send a letter to that State owned University of yours. Demand that they shutter it.

I'd be delighted to not have you and your fellow graduates taking my money. You could have attended any number of private schools, and left your fellow taxpayers alone.

You didn't do that. You CHOSE to take my money.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:07 pm Take the first step, Pete. Send a letter to that State owned University of yours. Demand that they shutter it.

I'd be delighted to not have you and your fellow graduates taking my money. You could have attended any number of private schools, and left your fellow taxpayers alone.

You didn't do that. You CHOSE to take my money.
It is wealth redistribution. The cost was subsidized by tax payers..... you know..... like Section 8 Housing.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:42 pm Wow. A little over 10K jobs per year.

Come on boys, where's the gloating over our "new" trade deal?

Where are all the claims that Trump is fundamentally changing our economy away from "globalism", and toward protecting American workers?

So much for all the economic claims about Trump made by so many posters at the forum.

At least he is trying!

There’s nothing quite so telling as folks who spike the football immediately after the opening kickoff.

The Dow is again up today, so far anyway. But who’s counting!
Looks like the vote in the Senate is getting a reaction on the Dow this afternoon!

"Dow plunges more than 500 points"

:D
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:34 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:42 pm Wow. A little over 10K jobs per year.

Come on boys, where's the gloating over our "new" trade deal?

Where are all the claims that Trump is fundamentally changing our economy away from "globalism", and toward protecting American workers?

So much for all the economic claims about Trump made by so many posters at the forum.

At least he is trying!

There’s nothing quite so telling as folks who spike the football immediately after the opening kickoff.

The Dow is again up today, so far anyway. But who’s counting!
Looks like the vote in the Senate is getting a reaction on the Dow this afternoon!

"Dow plunges more than 500 points"

:D

I am no market expert, but today;'s action I believe is about the China virus...which imo is overblown. The flu alone kills way more.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc ... hs-winter/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:31 pm How McKinsey destroyed the middle class.
+1 - extremely interesting article about the widening gap between the top and bottom of society...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm
+1 - extremely interesting article about the widening gap between the top and bottom of society...
That was a great read, thanks for posting. Interesting how businesses like mckinsey can control how we operate. Certainly makes you wonder why they are perceived as smarter than the next guy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:35 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm
That was a great read, thanks for posting. Interesting how businesses like mckinsey can control how we operate. Certainly makes you wonder why they are perceived as smarter than the next guy.
As someone who dealt with them first-hand, management who hired them took everything they said like it was from The Almighty. Their M.O. is waste all of the real workers time who have all the information telling them how how things work and then re-package that knowledge as their own to management. Then when management agrees to all of their recommendations, fire all of those interviewees and hire McKinsey people to replace them. When they crash and burn, re-hire McKinsey to do it all over again....a never ending con job....sort of like the currentl WH.

Return to “POLITICS”