2020 Contenders

D2 Mens Lacrosse
HoundsDad

Re: 2020 Contenders

Post by HoundsDad »

UIndy scrimmages Bellermine tomorrow. Bellermine jumped all over them last year in the first quarter so it will be interesting to see how UIndy plays.
So big holes to fill. Should be fun sitting in the cold, tell me again how Lax is a spring sport????
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

I think its a two horse race in each the north and south, with some very talented teams just behind them.

South- Limestone and Tampa.

Limestone returns a strong defense, and 3 big time offensive pieces in Sundown, Papa, and Walter. They will continue to win 65-70% of the faceoffs against most teams. Plus after the down year in 2018, they seem to have that Limestone aura back. Tampa has maybe the top FOGO in all of D2, and a ton of offensive talent. Will be interesting to see how all that talent works together and if they can finally breakthrough to championship weekend. Behind them you have some teams with talent to play with and beat those two, but I don't know if I would say are favorites at all. Lynn returns basically everyone to a solid offense and have a great FOGO. Belmont Abbey returns all their offense minus Osborne (which is big loss), but lost their entire starting close D and had their LSM transferred to Tampa. I think they take a step back in 2020. Mount Olive have the defense, goalie play, and coaching to play with anyone. I just don't see enough offense to beat the best teams though. Uindy should have a strong team led by their defense if they can replace their goalie. Offense took some hits to graduation, but still has talent. Rockhurst is talented and bring back everyone, but they only play 7 real games this year. Will the be battle tested enough, or have enough of a resume to get into the south playoffs? Queens brings back a lot of offense, but graduated everyone but the goalie on defense. Wingate will have a solid attack, and very strong D/goalie, but lost their FOGO and top 2 offensive middies and their best SSDM. My top teams in the south region...
1. Limestone
2. Tampa
3. UIndy
4. Lynn
5. Queens
6. Mount Olive
7. Belmont abbey
8. Rockhurst
9. Wingate
10. Lindenwood

North- LeMoyne and Adelphi

LeMoyne and Adelphi look to duke it out to become the new king of the north after Merrimack's departure to D1. Should be a great matchup between the two with Adelphi having a stud offense and LeMoyne always strong on D. Mercyhurst is right behind them, and should have a strong O and solid D. Question marks at the face-off spot keep them behind the top 2 though. I think their is a big gap between Mercyhurst and Seton Hill and another big gap between Seton Hill and the rest of the north this year. Hopefully I am wrong and these teams push each other.
1. Adelphi
2. LeMoyne
3. Mercyhurst
4. Seton Hill
5. Pace
6. Mercy
7. Bentley
8. Assumption
9. St. Anslem
10. Chestnut Hill
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

Adelphi has a pretty easy schedule. Besides Tampa and Le Moyne, and maybe Mercy.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”