Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The IMPEACHMENT of President Asterisk

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:09 pm https://www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-ec ... rvice.html

Trump is free to hire an opposition research firm. Who did Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama hire?

https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-releas ... oncern-and

https://www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-ec ... rvice.html
:lol: :lol: Deflecting, as usual. The entire Ukraine gov't pre April - 2019 was on the take. Trump asking Ukraine to investigate shenanigans by their last administration is clearly in the best interests of the USA...but you'd rather have a past cupport org "make it look official".

That's like asking your ex-cheating wife to spy on your new potential girlfriend and see if she is also cheating on you. Wouldn't you rather ask someone with some investment in decision to help you....that's all I am saying, Occams Razor applies.
Trump didn’t ask. Lev, Rudy, Sondland and Igor did. Come on man....you can do better. The US of A didn’t ask.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

From the NPR article....
The short answer: No. Oppo research is part of politics. But the law prohibits American political campaigns from taking "a contribution or donation of money or any other thing of value" from foreigners. The ban isn't limited to money, as Justice Department investigators wrote.

What did Trump receive?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:20 pm
From the NPR article....
The short answer: No. Oppo research is part of politics. But the law prohibits American political campaigns from taking "a contribution or donation of money or any other thing of value" from foreigners. The ban isn't limited to money, as Justice Department investigators wrote.

What did Trump receive?
When you attempt to rob a bank what do you receive. One of the articles of impeachment is obstruction of Congress. Aren’t you the guy that says when the police ask you to do something you do it?....there is a word for that. Starts with a hippo and end with a crit. Not a good luck. Tomorrow is Sunday.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:22 pm
From the NPR article....

What did Trump receive?
When you attempt to rob a bank what do you receive. One of the articles of impeachment is obstruction of Congress. Aren’t you the guy that says when the police ask you to do something you do it?....there is a word for that. Starts with a hippo and end with a crit. Not a good luck. Tomorrow is Sunday.
Splitting hairs. I'd much prefer we find out if the Biden Crime Syndicate was corrupt PRIOR to him being elected. But then again, maybe if he does win, the r's will just flip the script. But wait...there's more, the end game is Trump gone and the left picks up those 3 seats...then, and only then, will they have everyone in the figure 4 leg lock. This isn't about us, its about power.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:28 pm
From the NPR article....

What did Trump receive?
Splitting hairs. I'd much prefer we find out if the Biden Crime Syndicate was corrupt PRIOR to him being elected. But then again, maybe if he does win, the r's will just flip the script. But wait...there's more, the end game is Trump gone and the left picks up those 3 seats...then, and only then, will they have everyone in the figure 4 leg lock.
Joe Biden has been in Government for how long and 3 years into his term Trump wants Rudy, Lev, Igor and Sondland to work to find dirt. Not ask the US Government officials with expertise, but those 4 stooges. You are better than that. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you believe what Trump and Rudy are selling.....I don’t know about you but I am not interested in left or right. I am interested in right and wrong. Truth and lies. Good and evil.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm
From the NPR article....

What did Trump receive?
Splitting hairs. I'd much prefer we find out if the Biden Crime Syndicate was corrupt PRIOR to him being elected. But then again, maybe if he does win, the r's will just flip the script. But wait...there's more, the end game is Trump gone and the left picks up those 3 seats...then, and only then, will they have everyone in the figure 4 leg lock.
Joe Biden has been in Government for how long and 3 years into his term Trump wants Rudy, Lev, Igor and Sondland to work to find dirt. Not ask the US Government officials with expertise, but those 4 stooges. You are better than that. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you believe what Trump and Rudy are selling.
Withholding aid? Stop from the OMB? Public announcement? Public box? C'mon man. This isn't oppo research. You know this was wrong.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm
From the NPR article....

What did Trump receive?
Joe Biden has been in Government for how long and 3 years into his term Trump wants Rudy, Lev, Igor and Sondland to work to find dirt. Not ask the US Government officials with expertise, but those 4 stooges. You are better than that. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you believe what Trump and Rudy are selling.
Withholding aid? Stop from the OMB? Public announcement? Public box? C'mon man. This isn't oppo research. You know this was wrong.
You would think rational people would identify right from wrong. Trump’s life long record has been one of dishonesty and dishonor. In his business life and in his personal life and these Trumpkins make an excuse for him every step of the way. Cheated on business partners...cheated vendors...cheated on his wives and cheated his kids. I would not make excuses for my own kids if they were dishonest and untrustworthy. I let them know that when they were growing up. Don’t lie, don’t steal and don’t cheat. Otherwise, I won’t be able to defend you if you are falsely accused. Basic simple lessons to get through life with principles.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:26 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:38 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:55 am This impeachment chaos is getting out of hand. Shiff saying “the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.” is quite unnerving. IMO, his comments clearly project a god complex, that some on the left are clearly driven at all costs to be in power.
It's hardly chaos; you know better than that. This is about the most controlled enterprise I've ever watched. And the thrust of the proceeding is nearly entirely factual. Wait for Pat Cipp and Sekulow for the chaotic whataboutism. It's coming.

And the point: Trump tried this little scheme using Rudy and Lev and Gordo in order to influence the election. There's nothing unnerving (well, to me, anyway) about saying that the President's misconduct forfeits his ability to campaign, stand for, and try to fix another election.

He won't be convicted. But history will have recorded, in detail and with some flair and passion, his gross misdeeds and his deeply flawed character, and the fecklessness of the GOP members of the House and Senate. Imagine having your legacy attached forever to this amoral scrote. That'll have to be enough to be going on with.
an attempt at pre-emptive rationalization if ever there was one

Indeed.

Also, always be respectful of Dems and their prudent use of taxpayer dollars to satisfy juvenile partisan empty stomachs: ‘we won’t convict him but we’ll be happy anyway that history will have recorded this scrote for...’.
Do you want to see witnesses and documented evidence? Is yes, why? If no, why not?

I “want” Loyola to win the Natty. Do you bother to consider that Trump has broken you?
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:55 am This impeachment chaos is getting out of hand. Shiff saying “the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.” is quite unnerving. IMO, his comments clearly project a god complex, that some on the left are clearly driven at all costs to be in power.
It's hardly chaos; you know better than that. This is about the most controlled enterprise I've ever watched. And the thrust of the proceeding is nearly entirely factual. Wait for Pat Cipp and Sekulow for the chaotic whataboutism. It's coming.

And the point: Trump tried this little scheme using Rudy and Lev and Gordo in order to influence the election. There's nothing unnerving (well, to me, anyway) about saying that the President's misconduct forfeits his ability to campaign, stand for, and try to fix another election.

He won't be convicted. But history will have recorded, in detail and with some flair and passion, his gross misdeeds and his deeply flawed character, and the fecklessness of the GOP members of the House and Senate. Imagine having your legacy attached forever to this amoral scrote. That'll have to be enough to be going on with.

Indeed.

Also, always be respectful of Dems and their prudent use of taxpayer dollars to satisfy juvenile partisan empty stomachs: ‘we won’t convict him but we’ll be happy anyway that history will have recorded this scrote for...’.
Do you want to see witnesses and documented evidence? Is yes, why? If no, why not?

I “want” Loyola to win the Natty. Do you bother to consider that Trump has broken you?
I like Loyola. Good luck this year.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Good editorial from Josh Marshall:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/sh ... e-illusion

It is about how the faux outrage at the "heads on a pike" business is really the discomfort of the Rs knowing that they are owned lock, stock and barrel by Trump...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Splitting hairs. I'd much prefer we find out if the Biden Crime Syndicate was corrupt PRIOR to him being elected.
If you believed this, you'd be OVERJOYED that Trump was getting investigated by Congress and your Deep State. Because after all, we can't have the TrumpCrimeSyndicate running the country, now can we?

Instead, you and techie have been whining about Trump's investigations for four freaking years. Investigations are bad when it's for R's...and super cool when it's a Dem getting the treatment.

Stop trying to justify your nonsense partisanship. No one here is buying it.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:19 pm
Splitting hairs. I'd much prefer we find out if the Biden Crime Syndicate was corrupt PRIOR to him being elected.
If you believed this, you'd be OVERJOYED that Trump was getting investigated by Congress and your Deep State. Because after all, we can't have the TrumpCrimeSyndicate running the country, now can we?

Instead, you and techie have been whining about Trump's investigations for four freaking years. Investigations are bad when it's for R's...and super cool when it's a Dem getting the treatment.

Hippo-crit
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Indeed.

I like Loyola. Good luck this year.
Yeah, like Toomey a lot. Character guy.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:16 pm https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ment-trial

Legal scholar Jonathan Turley said this week that Democratic House impeachment manager Jerry Nadler made a “huge blunder” during the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump.
This article, and Jonathon Turley, are kind of missing a few relevant points. Jeez.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The nonsense partisanship is the down the line vote to impeach, with a coupe D’s also voting no. That’s NOT so clear an indication to guilt is it.

No need to get so angry about our disagreement. ;)
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 pm

The nonsense partisanship is the down the line vote to impeach, with a coupe D’s also voting no. That’s NOT so clear an indication to guilt is it.

“The down the line” was Republicans.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/18/us/p ... trump.html

Where is your outrage? Right and wrong aren’t political parties.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

It is about how the faux outrage at the "heads on a pike" business is really the discomfort of the Rs knowing that they are owned lock, stock and barrel by Trump...
Outrageous for Schiff to talk that way!! What a breach of etiquette!! Let's vigorously clutch our pearls GOP Senators!! So offensive!! Unprecedented!!

So terrible that I have no choice but to vote to acquit this guy:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our case against lyin’, cheatin’, liddle’ Adam “Shifty” Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, Nervous Nancy Pelosi, their leader, dumb as a rock AOC, & the entire Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrat Party, starts today at 10:00 A.M. on @FoxNews, @OANN or Fake News @CNN or Fake News MSDNC!

It is the Grand Old Projection Party. Trump owns the GOP Senators and forces them to eat his shirt sandwiches daily. So they project how awful and rude those Dems are. Stockholm syndrome. Battered spouse syndrome.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I never, ever mind, or get angry about disagreement.

This isn't a disagreement. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, which is entirely different.

When Trump was investigated by your Deep State, and you had said "boy, I'd rather we get to the bottom of this. They should go ahead and investigate"??

I wouldn't be here making fun of your partisan "let the government investigate Biden so we know he's not corrupt".

I'm making fun of the obvious hypocrisy.

Either be happy they are looking into Trump and Biden's potential corruption....

....or complain about the investigations into Biden and Trump.

Pick one. You don't get to whine about one, and cheer the other without the crew calling out your nonsense.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm
I never, ever mind, or get angry about disagreement.

This isn't a disagreement. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, which is entirely different.

When Trump was investigated by your Deep State, and you had said "boy, I'd rather we get to the bottom of this. They should go ahead and investigate"??

I wouldn't be here making fun of your partisan "let the government investigate Biden so we know he's not corrupt".

I'm making fun of the obvious hypocrisy.

Either be happy they are looking into Trump and Biden's potential corruption....

....or complain about the investigations into Biden and Trump.

Pick one. You don't get to whine about one, and cheer the other without the crew calling out your nonsense.
I could care less who and when the investigate, as long as it is based on fact and not made up news.

My original post yesterday morning was about Schiff's comment during his impeachment trial's closing argument & telling the world that "Our election in 2020 for Trump is already void ". That is poor behavior, gross negligence, telling the people you do not know better, etc.

1. Trump was investigated based on OpoResearc from a non verified source, that began from the D candidate towards the r candidate. Based on Speculation
2. Trump was calling for the Biden investigation based on Biden himself bragging and 'following the money' of Hunter. Based on Fact
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Is the quoted remarks actually your paraphrase of Schiff?? Because here's what he said, and it appears it was mostly a suggestion that we cannot have adequate confidence in this President to do right in respect to the election. Maybe I missed where he said what you quote elsewhere.

Schiff:

"Now maybe you could have argued three years ago when he said, “Hey Russia, if you’re listening, hack Hillary’s emails.” Maybe you could give him a freebie and say he was joking, but now we know better. Hours after he did that Russia did, in fact, try to hack Hillary’s emails. There’s no Mulligan here when it comes to our national security. So what if China does overtly or covertly start to help the Trump campaign? You think he’s going to call them out on it or you think he’s going to give them a better trade deal on it? Can any of us really have the confidence that Donald Trump will put his personal interests ahead of the national interests? Is there really any evidence in this presidency that should give us the ironclad confidence that he would do so?

You know you can’t count on him to do that. That’s the sad truth. You know you can’t count on him to do that. The American people deserve a President they can count on to put their interests first, to put their interests first. Colonel Vindman said, “Here, right matters. Here, right matters.” Well, let me tell you something, if right doesn’t matter, if right doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter how good the Constitution is. It doesn’t matter how brilliant the framers were. Doesn’t matter how good or bad our advocacy in this trial is. Doesn’t matter how well written the Oath of Impartiality is. If right doesn’t matter, we’re lost.

If the truth doesn’t matter, we’re lost. Framers couldn’t protect us from ourselves, if right and truth don’t matter. And you know that what he did was not right. That’s what they do in the old country, that Colonel Vindman’s father came from. Or the old country that my great grandfather came from, or the old countries that your ancestors came from, or maybe you came from. But here, right is supposed to matter. It’s what’s made us the greatest nation on earth. No constitution can protect us, right doesn’t matter any more. And you know you can’t trust this President to do what’s right for this country. You can trust he will do what’s right for Donald Trump. He’ll do it now. He’s done it before. He’ll do it for the next several months. He’ll do it in the election if he’s allowed to. This is why if you find him guilty, you must find that he should be removed. Because right matters. Because right matters and the truth matters. Otherwise, we are lost."

Return to “POLITICS”