Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: The IMPEACHMENT of President Asterisk

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:55 am This impeachment chaos is getting out of hand. Shiff saying “the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.” is quite unnerving. IMO, his comments clearly project a god complex, that some on the left are clearly driven at all costs to be in power.
It's hardly chaos; you know better than that. This is about the most controlled enterprise I've ever watched. And the thrust of the proceeding is nearly entirely factual. Wait for Pat Cipp and Sekulow for the chaotic whataboutism. It's coming.

And the point: Trump tried this little scheme using Rudy and Lev and Gordo in order to influence the election. There's nothing unnerving (well, to me, anyway) about saying that the President's misconduct forfeits his ability to campaign, stand for, and try to fix another election.

He won't be convicted. But history will have recorded, in detail and with some flair and passion, his gross misdeeds and his deeply flawed character, and the fecklessness of the GOP members of the House and Senate. Imagine having your legacy attached forever to this amoral scrote. That'll have to be enough to be going on with.
an attempt at pre-emptive rationalization if ever there was one
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:38 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:55 am This impeachment chaos is getting out of hand. Shiff saying “the president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.” is quite unnerving. IMO, his comments clearly project a god complex, that some on the left are clearly driven at all costs to be in power.
It's hardly chaos; you know better than that. This is about the most controlled enterprise I've ever watched. And the thrust of the proceeding is nearly entirely factual. Wait for Pat Cipp and Sekulow for the chaotic whataboutism. It's coming.

And the point: Trump tried this little scheme using Rudy and Lev and Gordo in order to influence the election. There's nothing unnerving (well, to me, anyway) about saying that the President's misconduct forfeits his ability to campaign, stand for, and try to fix another election.

He won't be convicted. But history will have recorded, in detail and with some flair and passion, his gross misdeeds and his deeply flawed character, and the fecklessness of the GOP members of the House and Senate. Imagine having your legacy attached forever to this amoral scrote. That'll have to be enough to be going on with.
Do you want to see witnesses and documented evidence?
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:roll: That would be silly considering I have disagreed with the idea of impeachment from the start...wouldn't it?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:15 pm :roll: That would be silly considering I have disagreed with the idea of impeachment from the start...wouldn't it?
What is your disagreement with this impeachment process?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Indeed.

Also, always be respectful of Dems and their prudent use of taxpayer dollars to satisfy juvenile partisan empty stomachs: ‘we won’t convict him but we’ll be happy anyway that history will have recorded this scrote for...’.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Indeed.

Also, always be respectful of Dems and their prudent use of taxpayer dollars to satisfy juvenile partisan empty stomachs: ‘we won’t convict him but we’ll be happy anyway that history will have recorded this scrote for...’.
Do you want to see witnesses and documented evidence? Is yes, why? If no, why not?
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A feckless comment, made by someone who has already agreed that using the levers of state for personal gain is all about what he admires in a President. I see Pete has followed on with his own silliness. You both just don't understand what you are complying with, what you're agreeing to, and what you are casting aside -- all for the Big Red R. Numbskulls.

Preemptive? Don't be a pumpkinhead (or, as I've suggested in the past, at least consult Randy before you post your silliness). The fix has always been in; McConnell toadied up to Hannity -- the Altar of the Craven and Venal -- on December 12.

This is the core of the President's team's defense of the obstruction charge:

“The subpoenas weren’t authorized because there was no vote or the subpoenas were to senior advisers to the president who are immune from congressional compulsion, or the subpoenas were forcing executive branch officials to testify without the presence of agency counsel.”

Let me say it again (warning: a couple of big words): "immune from congressional compulsion." L'Etat, C'est Orange? You guys are deranged, or just dumb.
Last edited by seacoaster on Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Indeed.

What it says is: when you geniuses are pushing up daisies having died, likely, from not being able to tell the difference between rat poison and Grape Nuts while making yourselves breakfast......future Presidents will know that they can't do what Trump did, or they'll face impeachment.

I know, I know. This is a REALLY complicated concept, and I'm using polysyllabic words, but that's why they are impeaching him.

But sure, let's talk about the libs instead. You boys catch Maddow recently? Let's whine about that, instead.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:lol:
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:06 pm

A feckless comment, made by someone who has already agreed that using the levers of state for personal gain is all about what he admires in a President. I see Pete has followed on with his own silliness. You both just don't understand what you are complying with, what you're agreeing to, and what you are casting aside -- all for the Big Red R. Numbskulls.

Preemptive? Don't be a pumpkinhead (or, as I've suggested in the past, at least consult Randy before you post your silliness). The fix has always been in; McConnell toadied up to Hannity -- the Altar of the Craven and Venal -- on December 12.

“The subpoenas weren’t authorized because there was no vote or the subpoenas were to senior advisers to the president who are immune from congressional compulsion, or the subpoenas were forcing executive branch officials to testify without the presence of agency counsel.”

Let me say it again (warning: a couple of big words): "immune from congressional compulsion." L'Etat, C'est Orange? You guys are deranged, or just dumb.
:lol: what a class act
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:28 pm :lol:

Thanks sport. The emoji suits you.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Republicans have harsher things to say about a Purple Heart recipient than they do about the three war criminals Trump pardoned.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Twitter quip of the day from NeverTrumper and The Lincoln Project's Rick Wilson

"Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson
A friend asks: "How can any Republican's head end up on a pike if it's already stuck up Trump's ass?""
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Something I’m sure we can all agree on regardless of our individual political views, Blackburn needs to check herself. An apology to Lt. Col. Vindman is in order.

Pentagon's vow to protect Vindman against retaliation tested after Blackburn attacks decorated veteran
https://apple.news/As29TxQL1RFiIp9UR7hZwAw
ggait

Post by ggait »

What it says is: when you geniuses are pushing up daisies having died, likely, from not being able to tell the difference between rat poison and Grape Nuts while making yourselves breakfast......future Presidents will know that they can't do what Trump did, or they'll face impeachment.
I think the article 2/obstruction is actually the big deal here. Although I do think the bribery/shakedown is proven, illegal, impeachable and remove-able (if you want to do that).

But Trump's blanket stonewall is really the crazy dangerous thing:

1. Not one forking person is allowed to testify.
2. Not one forking piece of paper will be turned over.
3. Just because I said so. No need for any further justification or pretense.
4. If you don't like it, enjoy the next 2-3 years it will take to fight me through every level of court in the land. I have the world's biggest law firm (i.e. USDOJ plus the WH counsel office) at my disposal with unlimited resources. Bring it on dude.
5. Or try to vote me out of office. [N.B. This option unavailable during a second term obviously.]
6. I won the election. So go fork yourself and the Constitution you rode in on. [FYI, the folks in Congress got elected too.]
7. And by the way, I can't be prosecuted for what I do (USDOJ OLC opinion) so long as I am here.
8. And I also have unlimited power to pardon myself and my guys if need be.

That is way past the Nixon zone. If you let the stonewall go unchallenged, you only have two things to rely upon to prevent complete l'etat cest moi:

First, hopefully we'll never elect again as brazen a jerk as Trump. Normal people elected president should be too embarassed and apalled to try something like this.

Second, we know Republicans would never put up with shirt like this. So Mitch, Lindsey, Hannity and the rest will flip flop their views within seconds of any commie Dem president being inaugurated. But our FNC friends should worry here about their chances of regaining of the House anytime soon. If the demo trends keep going and the House reverts to extended Dem control, there won't be one forking thing you can do when President AOC starts crime-ing around.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm
I think the article 2/obstruction is actually the big deal here. Although I do think the bribery/shakedown is proven, illegal, impeachable and remove-able (if you want to do that).

But Trump's blanket stonewall is really the crazy dangerous thing:

1. Not one forking person is allowed to testify.
2. Not one forking piece of paper will be turned over.
3. Just because I said so. No need for any further justification or pretense.
4. If you don't like it, enjoy the next 2-3 years it will take to fight me through every level of court in the land. I have the world's biggest law firm (i.e. USDOJ plus the WH counsel office) at my disposal with unlimited resources. Bring it on dude.
5. Or try to vote me out of office. [N.B. This option unavailable during a second term obviously.]
6. I won the election. So go fork yourself and the Constitution you rode in on. [FYI, the folks in Congress got elected too.]
7. And by the way, I can't be prosecuted for what I do (USDOJ OLC opinion) so long as I am here.
8. And I also have unlimited power to pardon myself and my guys if need be.

That is way past the Nixon zone. If you let the stonewall go unchallenged, you only have two things to rely upon to prevent complete l'etat cest moi:

First, hopefully we'll never elect again as brazen a jerk as Trump. Normal people elected president should be too embarassed and apalled to try something like this.

Second, we know Republicans would never put up with shirt like this. So Mitch, Lindsey, Hannity and the rest will flip flop their views within seconds of any commie Dem president being inaugurated. But our FNC friends should worry here about their chances of regaining of the House anytime soon. If the demo trends keep going and the House reverts to extended Dem control, there won't be one forking thing you can do when President AOC starts crime-ing around.
+1
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Something I’m sure we can all agree on regardless of our individual political views, Blackburn needs to check herself. An apology to Lt. Col. Vindman is in order.
Blackburn is emblematic of the problem with today's GOP.

She's left the Senate proceedings (rule violation) in order to give televised FNC interviews. And she's sitting in the chamber conspicuously reading a book (another rule violation) and not listening to the presentations (oath violation). A book written by...Ann Coulter of course. And she's slime-ing Vindman and messing with the whistleblower on twitter.

The point -- Blackburn holds the seat formerly held by Corker. Who was quite conservative actually, but not 110% MAGA. So he had to be branded a wimpy RINO and driven out of office.

Center left is solid and in control of the Dems. Center right is basically extinct in the GOP.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm If the demo trends keep going and the House reverts to extended Dem control, there won't be one forking thing you can do when President AOC starts crime-ing around.
:lol: You think these brilliant RepublicanVoter minds can think that far ahead? Been trying to tell them this for years now. Crickets. They can't think past five minutes from now.

As for "flip flopping"...that ship pulled into the dock with FoxNation's "Deep State".

Ask them-----or any of the Deep State posters about governmental abuse of power, and what you'll get is four years of complaining about the Deep State attacking their Republican party----never mind that the bulk of the Deep State are Republicans. :roll:

What happened the millisecond---the millisecond----a Republican abused his power? Out come the excuses as to why this brand of abuse of power is super cool, and boy, you libs are just complaining to complain. Never mind that many of us who are complaining are several steps to the right of the TrumpApologists.

It's all about party. And as I have said many times...the way they cope with what a POS Trump is, is to avoid talking about Trump at all costs, and instead spend all their time talking about their fellow Americans who complain about Trump.

It's like spending all your time complaining about Siskel and Ebert for criticizing a movie you like. It makes no sense on its face.
Last edited by a fan on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Who really pays Jay Sekulow & his family tens of millions of dollars to run a religious extremist, dark money, legal empire that works against the interests of the US, and an organization in Moscow, as he pumps Kremlin propaganda in the Senate chamber to protect Putin’s puppet?”

Alexandra Chalupa, begging for a subpoena.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Pot, meet kettle was the intent of my post...played by Mr. Schiff.

The scare tactic by SChiff, of implying Trump has already influenced the ballot box is embarrassing, and again by a leftist talks down to the voters.....borderline 'deplorable' part deux.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”