Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote:Your obsession with the MAGABomber’s ethnicity is telling, old salt.

Deplorable ....

DocBarrister
He's making fun of how stupid our nation has become with this R/D thing, and you know it.

You and your buddies are trying to tar and feather Republicans because of a lone crazy actor, forgetting that you yourself think that's a no-no.

Or are you now saying that Osama Bin Laden is representative of all Muslims? Or that the guy who shot Scalise represents you, because you're a left winger?

What we're SUPPOSED to be doing as a nation is saying that we're all glad the damn things didn't blow up and hurt a fellow American. Remember?

And your camp should maybe rethink the calls for violence, or for the current nonsense where you scare the hell out of an American that's just trying to eat his/her freaking dinner.

This is a warning bell, Doc. This would-be bomber is telling us to tone it down. Might want to consider listening.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seems reasonable to me to say that the MAGA-bomber was inspired/radicalized by Trump in much the same way that we've had domestic Islamic terrorists inspired/radicalized by ISIS.

How's this guy any different than, say, the San Bernardino killers? Other than the fact that this guy was bad at bomb making.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ggait wrote:Seems reasonable to me to say that the MAGA-bomber was inspired/radicalized by Trump in much the same way that we've had domestic Islamic terrorists inspired/radicalized by ISIS.

the contents of his van clearly show he was inspired by Trump:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... pipe-bombs

sadly, these twisted views are reflected in far right forums all over the USA, especially in you tube which makes you wonder, which far right radical is going to be the next one to menace our society
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote:Seems reasonable to me to say that the MAGA-bomber was inspired/radicalized by Trump in much the same way that we've had domestic Islamic terrorists inspired/radicalized by ISIS.
+1
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote:
DocBarrister wrote:Your obsession with the MAGABomber’s ethnicity is telling, old salt.

Deplorable ....

DocBarrister
He's making fun of how stupid our nation has become with this R/D thing, and you know it.

You and your buddies are trying to tar and feather Republicans because of a lone crazy actor, forgetting that you yourself think that's a no-no.

Or are you now saying that Osama Bin Laden is representative of all Muslims? Or that the guy who shot Scalise represents you, because you're a left winger?

What we're SUPPOSED to be doing as a nation is saying that we're all glad the damn things didn't blow up and hurt a fellow American. Remember?

And your camp should maybe rethink the calls for violence, or for the current nonsense where you scare the hell out of an American that's just trying to eat his/her freaking dinner.

This is a warning bell, Doc. This would-be bomber is telling us to tone it down. Might want to consider listening.
Sorry, a fan, but it’s this kind of dishonest and blind false equivalency that is threatening to undermine our democracy. Both sides aren’t equally to blame for the dangerous and delusional state of the American polity. There is one, and only one, major political party that has become infected by a virulent strain of bigotry, racism, and hate, and that is the Republican Party. And ONLY the Republican Party.

It’s become clear that a small but substantial portion of the Republican Party is becoming radicalized by both Trump and the far-right media into a hate- and fear-obsessed cohort of bigots, gun nuts, and white supremacist thugs. If you don’t believe that some among the MAGA hordes are transforming into an almost Nazi-esque group of radicalized hate-mongers who are perfectly capable of turning their AR-15s and other deadly weapons against their fellow citizens and the most vulnerable in society, then you haven’t been paying attention.

So stop with the false equivalencies. Trump’s Republican Party ... and ONLY the Republican Party ... has lost its moral and ethical bearings and any respect for the democratic institutions that have preserved our union for over two centuries. The only solution is to vote and strip the Republican Party of its power so that Trump and his MAGA goons can go back under the rocks from which they came and simmer in their own impotent rage.

Have a nice day.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Cesar found a father in Trump, says his former lawyer.

Bernie didn’t come out after the Scalise shooting and say, “i could tone it down. I could tone it up, too, because the media has been very unfair to me.” (Dear Lord, what a crybaby.)
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote:
a fan wrote:

Deplorable ....

DocBarrister

Sorry, a fan, but it’s this kind of dishonest and blind false equivalency that is threatening to undermine our democracy. Both sides aren’t equally to blame for the dangerous and delusional state of the American polity. There is one, and only one, major political party that has become infected by a virulent strain of bigotry, racism, and hate, and that is the Republican Party. And ONLY the Republican Party.

It’s become clear that a small but substantial portion of the Republican Party is becoming radicalized by both Trump and the far-right media into a hate- and fear-obsessed cohort of bigots, gun nuts, and white supremacist thugs. If you don’t believe that some among the MAGA hordes are transforming into an almost Nazi-esque group of radicalized hate-mongers who are perfectly capable of turning their AR-15s and other deadly weapons against their fellow citizens and the most vulnerable in society, then you haven’t been paying attention.

So stop with the false equivalencies. Trump’s Republican Party ... and ONLY the Republican Party ... has lost its moral and ethical bearings and any respect for the democratic institutions that have preserved our union for over two centuries. The only solution is to vote and strip the Republican Party of its power so that Trump and his MAGA goons can go back under the rocks from which they came and simmer in their own impotent rage.

Have a nice day.

DocBarrister 8-)
As a Republican, I have to agree with Doc's summary here, a fan. The hard right, hate-filled fringe is not only ascendant in the GOP, its belief system is being promoted and lent legitimacy by the head of the party, the current POTUS, the person with the loudest bull horn both here in the US and internationally. Nearly all of the GOP elected representatives in DC and most at the state and local levels have lined up in either full-throated support and obeisance or at least acquiescence.

We can't say that about the other party, at present, nor could we over the past decades.

This is new and it's unique in modern American history. And, as such, we only have examples from other countries as to what can happen when a single party takes power, fueled by fear, resentment, anger, and hate of the Other, with no regard for the rule of law, ethics, or truth, and driven solely by the ego and whims of a 'strong man' leader. The path from there is consolidation and increase of power with disastrous consequences to all perceived 'Enemies'.

I agree with Doc that the only way to repudiate Trumpism is to vote them out of office, out of power. Legally, democratically.

That said, there do remain a few Republicans who openly eschew Trumpism and they will get my vote, starting with Governor Hogan here in Maryland.

But the rest need to lose power. Soon. Delay is disastrous.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

CU77 wrote:
+1
He lived in a van, presumably, down by the river.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Curious....why are there no articles on any major news networks website about the Young Black Conservative Summit held this week? If you do a google search, it gets buried on youtube channels or lower tier news platforms.

It's not even on the Fox website. I searched terms on every major news website and notta'. Any ideas why?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:Curious....why are there no articles on any major news networks website about the Young Black Conservative Summit held this week? If you do a google search, it gets buried on youtube channels or lower tier news platforms.

It's not even on the Fox website. I searched terms on every major news website and notta'. Any ideas why?
You might want to work on your google skills, youth. Fox has plenty, NBC as well. I didn't google all the networks, just those 2 as a sample

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... Vr64vwA8bM

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8

But why not even more MSM coverage? Well, perhaps 200 black conservatives going to the White House is dwarfed by lots and lots of other stories, Khashoggi, bombs all week, Trump rallies, etc and isn't really deemed all that newsworthy.

Reading between the lines of your question, let me say that I think it is reasonable to argue that there is an 'industry' on the left that raises money and personal brand around being activists, including racial activists. Some of these people have used these issues for personal aggrandizement and wealth. Likewise, there are those who have used their race and conservative alignment with gaining favor and wealth. Also, an "industry" of such.

I don't condone, in any measure, the sort of hateful name calling that we see on Twitter about "house N-word" or "Uncle Toms" or "boot-lickers" but I do think that there are conservative black folks who use their skin color and politics to gain favor and wealth, approval from the power structure. My sense is that's true of many in this particular group, given that Trump's behavior and that of his hard-right supporters is so egregious that their denial of that reality beggars belief.

In normal times, as a Republican who believes that it is essential for the GOP to become far more inclusive, I would welcome young black conservatives to visit, say, either of the Bush White Houses, the Reagan White House etc. Same for black moderates and liberals, for that matter.

But then, I'm much more in the Jack Kemp mold of Republican than the Newt Gingrich mold. Unfortunately, the latter mold is currently ascendant in the GOP, whose leader continues to fail to reject the hate-filled bigotry of its avowed hard right, white supremacist supporters. The Bushes and Reagan were certainly imperfect in this arena, but they were unequivocal and entirely consistent in disavowing David Duke, the KKK, and like hate groups.

So, black conservatives going to the Trump White House and praising Trump rather than confronting his encouragement of the hate-groups, hard to see this as other than sucking up to power for personal gain.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Key and Peele are indeed hilarious and push the envelope in all sorts of directions.
Love the clapping! I won't spoil the ending...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The precious clapping is precious. Stay till the end.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Key and Peele are indeed hilarious and push the envelope in all sorts of directions.
Love the clapping! I won't spoil the ending...
Readjusting the waistband might be my favorite part.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote:
DocBarrister wrote:
old salt wrote:
DocBarrister wrote:
old salt wrote:

Deplorable ....

DocBarrister
If it matters for Lizzy Warren, it matters for the MAGAbomber.

Will this help or hurt his chances for Harvard admission ?
I couldn’t care less about this suspect’s ethnicity. He is reportedly mentally ill and thoroughly indoctrinated into the hate-filled ideology and rhetoric of Donald Trump and his Republican Party ... those are the important facts.

And yet, old salt (randyrad), you focus on his ethnicity. And not just his ethnicity, but the parts of his ethnicity that suggest being part of a non-white ethnic minority (Asian or Native American). It’s puzzling that you seem to completely ignore hints that his mother’s heritage is white and Italian American (Brooklyn, surnames of Altieri and Giardiello). How do you explain that, old salt?

DocBarrister :-?
Try to have a little empathy Doc.

Who knows what sort of abuse he had to endure as an Asian-American kid, with a Hispanic surname, growing up in FL, & mistaken for a Seminole.

Maybe that's why he has a grudge.
This is really disappointing. We have all long known “randyrad” and “old salt” were conservative. But now you’re just posting racist nonsense.

Thanks for clarifying things.

DocBarrister :roll:
Your welcome. Your sensitivity training opened my eyes on this issue.
Randy,
I realize that you're mostly just trolling with all these retorts about race, Warren, etc. but I gotta agree with Doc that it's disappointing.

As I suggested would likely be the case above, this particular nut job's social network apparently reveals support for white supremacist/white nationalist memes. It matters not at all what his personal ethnic mix is if his takeaway is support of white supremacy and he takes violent action in support of his twisted beliefs.

If your comments are just attempts to be funny, tweaking others, and not revealing of racial resentment, please correct the impression you're giving.
Typical Lax Dad

Btw, the Young Black Leadership Summit is a Heritage Foundation Platform.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

12 shot, at least 4 dead (some reports say 8 dead), Pittsburgh synagogue during Shabbat services. One gunman in custody.

Early indications indeed anti-Semitic hate crime. More to learn.

Trump calls it 'just a shame', 'happening all over the world', and 'something has to be done'.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jeezus H, now blacks have to be isolated from certain groups (or maybe all groups except NAACP?) to be considered authentic?.....seems equality is even bigoted for some. Seems you are just as guilty for wanting to perpetuate the issue instead of applauding them for being involved in politics and higher learning.

As for the news MDLax, I did a word search (for key words.... Leadership, Summit, and Black) on the homepage of each of the major news websites, notta....as I wrote below. Just seems odd the story was buried.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:jeezus H, now blacks have to be isolated from certain groups (or maybe all groups except NAACP?) to be considered authentic?.....seems equality is even bigoted for some. Seems you are just as guilty for wanting to perpetuate the issue instead of applauding them for being involved in politics and higher learning.

As for the news MDLax, I did a word search (for key words.... Leadership, Summit, and Black) on the homepage of each of the major news websites, notta....as I wrote below. Just seems odd the story was buried.
I don't know how the orgs, including Fox, do their keyword searches, but I had no difficulty finding the stories by using google. I doubt very much that Fox 'buried' anything that would be seen as favorable to this Administration.

Who said anything about the NAACP or "authentic"? As I thought I made clear, as a Republican I'd certainly welcome many, many more African Americans and other minority folks into the party. Certainly under any normal circumstances.

"involved with politics" certainly that should be encouraged for us all. Nothing I wrote suggests otherwise. What I did say is that there are those on the left and the right who utilize their race or other specific status as an 'industry'. Do you actually disagree that such is the case?

As to 'higher learning' I have no idea what you are referring to. Are these folks seeking 'higher learning' with this summit? Strange definition.

The issue right now is that Trump has fanned the flames of bigotry and in specific white supremacy. He had demonized the "Other" at every turn. So, visiting this current White House, and applauding rather than confronting this POTUS, specifically as a "Young Black" person raises the question as to true motivation. I see "industry" and personal advancement through race in this choice.

Now, if they went to the White House, utilizing their status as 'conservatives' and black Republicans and openly challenged the President to live up to his rhetoric of support for the black community and to thoroughly reject in all sense the support of white supremacists, then great. If he responded positively, all the better. And indeed such would quite likely be newsworthy. On Fox, on CNN, on MSNBC, on whatever. But that's not what went down at all.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:12 shot, at least 4 dead (some reports say 8 dead), Pittsburgh synagogue during Shabbat services. One gunman in custody.

Early indications indeed anti-Semitic hate crime. More to learn.

Trump calls it 'just a shame', 'happening all over the world', and 'something has to be done'.

suspect's name is reported as Robert Bowers, age 46, white, a native of Pittsburgh and who has a long history of antisemitism

I believe Tree of Life synagogue is Messianic -- CORRECTION: it is not Messianic but is "traditional, progressive, and egalitarian" (per website)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”