2020 Patriot League Preseason Poll and Awards

D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: 2020 Patriot League Preseason Poll and Awards

Post by 8meterPA »

Amazing to see 4 kids from Army make the preseason list given this will only be their 5th year in existence! My prediction - 50% of these kids will be on the list at the end of the year. Kelly Larkin in my favorite player in the league followed closely by Rozenweig.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:50 pm Amazing to see 4 kids from Army make the preseason list given this will only be their 5th year in existence! My prediction - 50% of these kids will be on the list at the end of the year. Kelly Larkin in my favorite player in the league followed closely by Rozenweig.
Other than my daughter and some of her teammates, Kelly is one of my favorites as well. I wish her great success in her last year on the field and more importantly her career as a naval officer. Go Navy! Beat Army! .... But don't beat Loyola. :D
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I’ve seen your daughter play, she’s a lot of fun to watch and definitely one of the top players in the league! As I re-read my post I realize I may have been too literal, these pre-season lists are tough since every kid starts at “zero”...like to think everyone has an equal chance to be Make all league based on performance. I think there will be 3 or so kids who aren’t on on the list that make the all-league team at the end of the season, not necessarily 50% as I wrote.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:34 pm I’ve seen your daughter play, she’s a lot of fun to watch and definitely one of the top players in the league! As I re-read my post I realize I may have been too literal, these pre-season lists are tough since every kid starts at “zero”...like to think everyone has an equal chance to be Make all league based on performance. I think there will be 3 or so kids who aren’t on on the list that make the all-league team at the end of the season, not necessarily 50% as I wrote.
I think there is a goalie that is going to surprise a lot of people....
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm
8meterPA wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:34 pm I’ve seen your daughter play, she’s a lot of fun to watch and definitely one of the top players in the league! As I re-read my post I realize I may have been too literal, these pre-season lists are tough since every kid starts at “zero”...like to think everyone has an equal chance to be Make all league based on performance. I think there will be 3 or so kids who aren’t on on the list that make the all-league team at the end of the season, not necessarily 50% as I wrote.
Can’t leave us hanging...which goalie?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:47 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm
Can’t leave us hanging...which goalie?
Kaitlyn Larsson - Loyola (junior) from Garden City
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Will look forward to seeing her play later this Spring.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Big, big news!

The Colgate women's lacrosse team will be playing all home games at Andy Kerr Stadium (the football field) this year rather than Beyer-Small '76 Field (the soccer field). Positives from this move include more seats (never really a problem), a bigger, better scoreboard (with replays), a shorter walk for the team, the visitors, and the tailgating parents from the facilities, and some expected protection from the winter winds. Snow accumulation will probably remain the same as the two fields are about 62 yards apart.

First game is 2/8 vs Marist. Bring your arctic weather gear as the forecast for game day is a nippy 33 degrees, but some sun. And that's a slight warm up from today's 30 degree temp. Booyah!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Nice win for the Lady Hounds.
Great to get the men’s/women’s sweep over John Hopkins.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

thatsmell wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:46 am Nice win for the Lady Hounds.
Great to get the men’s/women’s sweep over John Hopkins.
It was a cold but good day....ending with a few cold beverages at Union Craft....
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

:)
Nice! That's a good way to end any day. Especially when you have a reason to celebrate!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nice story here. Total winner in this shortened season.

https://patriotleague.org/watch/?id=6136181999001
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nigel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:40 pm Nice story here. Total winner in this shortened season.

https://patriotleague.org/watch/?id=6136181999001
Great story. Thanks for posting.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”