Picks and Predictions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: 2020 Picks and Predictions

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:02 pm IMO, faceguard really should be used used only when there is a clear top threat and a huge drop off to 2nd & 3rd options...gets the defense out of sorts when it’s used. Coaches sometimes can overthink and over coach....
Well said.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Skillful kid. Charlotte North, BC.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 am Skillful kid. Charlotte North, BC.
So glad you posted this Matnum. I saw this on Twitter and couldn’t figure out how to share it here. She is exceptionally skilled. It will be interesting to see if she is as skilled on the ride/back check. Sam Apuzzo was extremely skilled in that area.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Not to minimize the skillfulness of the kid, I don't see other women posting similar videos (though maybe they will in the future) and... Women's sticks have evolved. Again, not a jab at Charlotte. Just an observation about the women's game.
Caddy Day
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

yeah..I saw that too....glad you posted it
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 am
So glad you posted this Matnum. I saw this on Twitter and couldn’t figure out how to share it here. She is exceptionally skilled. It will be interesting to see if she is as skilled on the ride/back check. Sam Apuzzo was extremely skilled in that area.
She is talented, but not too many chances for that move to be used...in fact one could argue that if there was a defender on her, that shot might be called dangerous propelling.

But it looks awesome and I am not really sure how she did that first fake shot....wow.

She will need to score alot and with more traditional shots....but again, wow.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 am Not to minimize the skillfulness of the kid, I don't see other women posting similar videos (though maybe they will in the future) and... Women's sticks have evolved. Again, not a jab at Charlotte. Just an observation about the women's game.
And I doubt you will see any other kid release a clip like that.
Frankly I would have been more impressed to see her interacting with her team-mates and getting them involved - you know make everyone around you better and have them feel included...she’s very new there. Better served to be working with her offense. Just my opinion.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Lax247 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 am Not to minimize the skillfulness of the kid, I don't see other women posting similar videos (though maybe they will in the future) and... Women's sticks have evolved. Again, not a jab at Charlotte. Just an observation about the women's game.
Frankly I would have been more impressed to see her interacting with her team-mates and getting them involved - you know make everyone around you better and have them feel included...she’s very new there. Better served to be working with her offense. Just my opinion.
North released the clip?
wlaxnut

Way crazy wishful thinking predictions for 2020

Post by wlaxnut »

Hofstra wins the CAA conference championship

BC wins the ACC and national championships

Michigan wins the Big Ten conference championship and makes it to the final four

USC makes it to the final four

UAlbany wins America East conference championship

Brown takes the Ivy League championship
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

BC. Wow. And no mention of MD.
Caddy Day
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:47 am BC. Wow. And no mention of MD.
Yep—in my way crazy wishful thinking world, UMD would be a mediocre team for a decade or so.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 am
wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 am
She is talented, but not too many chances for that move to be used...in fact one could argue that if there was a defender on her, that shot might be called dangerous propelling.

But it looks awesome and I am not really sure how she did that first fake shot....wow.

She will need to score alot and with more traditional shots....but again, wow.

Excactly what I was thinking.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

How do we know that Charlotte North, personally, had anything to do with releasing this clip? I’m curious now.

An awful lot is being assumed here. Do we really have any inside information as to how she is interacting with her teammates or if she is getting them involved?

Clips of players doing trick shots and stick tricks apart from gameplay are released all the time on social media.
seacoaster

Re: Way crazy wishful thinking predictions for 2020

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am Hofstra wins the CAA conference championship

Michigan wins the Big Ten conference championship and makes it to the final four

Accent on both the "way" and "crazy." It's legal now in your state?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think Kayla Treanor made a name for herself making moves and shots like this in games and seeing them repeated in video. I have a scratchy feeling of the double-standard here: if a boy (you know, like somebody named Thompson) did something akin to this, we'd be happily in awe. I don't know North, not a Duke fan, not a BC fan, and realize that she has to integrate with a new group of women. But taking a 30 second long video and transforming it into an admonition about her priorities seems a little harsh. They're all still children; they get to f*ck around and have fun.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:41 am Clips of players doing trick shots and stick tricks apart from gameplay are released all the time on social media.
I'm with you. It's just a mess around clip. She practices with the team, plays with the team, hangs out with the team, for the sake of argument, spends 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 50 seconds working with the team, and... making a 10 second silly video makes her less of a team player. i dunno.
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:50 am
I think Kayla Treanor made a name for herself making moves and shots like this in games and seeing them repeated in video. I have a scratchy feeling of the double-standard here: if a boy (you know, like somebody named Thompson) did something akin to this, we'd be happily in awe. I don't know North, not a Duke fan, not a BC fan, and realize that she has to integrate with a new group of women. But taking a 30 second long video and transforming it into an admonition about her priorities seems a little harsh. They're all still children; they get to f*ck around and have fun.
Yes, Kayla was called (absolutely robbed) for a dangerous shot (scored on it) similar to the one posted here which is why I thought this move would cause problems in the wlax game.
JFTR, I see nothing wrong with posting the clip......after all, girls just wanna have fun, ya know.
wlaxnut

Re: Way crazy wishful thinking predictions for 2020

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 am
wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am Hofstra wins the CAA conference championship

Accent on both the "way" and "crazy." It's legal now in your state?
Haha—good one seacoaster. Yep – just an exercise in fantasy for fun. I’d love to see some other way crazy wishful thinking predictions here.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

IL's AAs

First Team
A Emily Hawryschuk Sr. Syracuse
A Katie Hoeg Sr. North Carolina
A Charlotte North Jr. Boston College
A Jamie Ortega Jr. North Carolina
Dr/A Brennan Dwyer Jr. Northwestern
M Andie Aldave Jr. Notre Dame
M Ally Kennedy Sr. Stony Brook
M Sammy Mueller Sr. Virginia
D Sarah Cooper So. Syracuse
D Ally Palermo Jr. Northwestern
D Emma Trenchard Jr. North Carolina
D Cara Trombetta Sr. Florida
G Taylor Moreno R-Jr. North Carolina

Second Team
A Brindi Griffin Sr. Maryland
A Kelly Larkin Sr. Navy
A Livy Rosenzweig Jr. Loyola
A Izzy Scane So. Northwestern
Dr/A Kali Hartshorn Sr. Maryland
M Shannon Kavanagh Jr. Florida
M Kerrigan Miller Sr. USC
M Alyssa Parrella Sr. Hofstra
D Sami Chenoweth Sr. Towson
D Kerry Defliese Sr. Syracuse
D Meghan Doherty R-Sr. Maryland
D Marge Donovan Jr. Princeton
G Molly Dougherty R-Jr. James Madison

Third Team
A Madison Carter R-Sr. Penn State
A Maddie Howe Jr. Notre Dame
A Gabby Rosenzweig Sr. Penn
A Kyla Sears Jr. Princeton
Dr/A Maddie McDaniel Sr. James Madison
M Molly Garrett Sr. Michigan
M Grace Griffin Jr. Maryland
M Paige Petty Jr. Virginia Tech
D Carson Copeland Jr. Northwestern
D Katie Hudson Sr. Georgetown
D Callie Humphrey Sr. Duke
D Molly Little Sr. Denver
G Sam Fish Jr. Princeton

Honorable Mention
A Ali Baiocco Jr. Stanford
A Meg Carney So. Syracuse
A Quintin Hoch-Bullen Jr. Denver
A Taryn Ohlmiller Sr. Stony Brook
Dr/A Maddie Jenner So. Duke
M Erin Barry Sr. Penn
M Savannah Buchanan Sr. Notre Dame
M Cara Urbank Sr. Boston College
D Olivia Conti Sr. Towson
D Lauren Martin Jr. Virginia
D Kayla Wood Jr. North Carolina
D Catie Woodruff Sr. North Carolina
G Abbey Ngai Jr. Boston College
Caddy Day
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:41 am
How do we know that Charlotte North, personally, had anything to do with releasing this clip? I’m curious now.

An awful lot is being assumed here. Do we really have any inside information as to how she is interacting with her teammates or if she is getting them involved? If you know kids on the team, which I do and have heard from, you know not all is happy up in BC land, hence my comments. She is super talented. No knock on the talent.

Clips of players doing trick shots and stick tricks apart from gameplay are released all the time on social media.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”