Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The IMPEACHMENT of President Asterisk

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:47 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 am This whole impeachment ‘thing’ is such a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars...
Before Trump was POTUS, he was being pursued by the FBI for numerous improprieties. What Trump did in Atlantic City (with Russian criminal $) is just one example and this was a relatively clear example of improprieties. and, even then, pre-POTUS, this stuff was difficult to prosecute. But difficult or not, pursuing criminal activities is not a waste of tax payer's money. Now that Trump is the POTUS, it's even harder to prosecute. But this is america. We pursue criminal activities. Even if the (purported) criminal is the POTUS.

Hillary had highly classified information on her personal server. James Baker of the FBI said she should have been charged (you would be charged). Jim Comey and Andrew McCabe convinced Baker to not bring charges.
There you go again, Peter Brown....maybe you missed it, but the US Attorney for Utah, was tasked by former AG Sessions, to investigate the charity, the server, Uranium One.

Evidently there is nothing there....at least not enough to press charges.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:14 am House Managers can point at Ken Starr and say: “There’s the guy who interviewed @MonicaLewinsky’s ex-boyfriends, WH window washers and Kathleen Willey’s dentist. Now he doesn’t want us to hear from Bolton and Mulvaney.”
Definitely bad optics in front of a TV camera.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 am This whole impeachment ‘thing’ is such a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars...
Before Trump was POTUS, he was being pursued by the FBI for numerous improprieties. What Trump did in Atlantic City (with Russian criminal $) is just one example and this was a relatively clear example of improprieties. and, even then, pre-POTUS, this stuff was difficult to prosecute. But difficult or not, pursuing criminal activities is not a waste of tax payer's money. Now that Trump is the POTUS, it's even harder to prosecute. But this is america. We pursue criminal activities. Even if the (purported) criminal is the POTUS.

Hillary had highly classified information on her personal server. James Baker of the FBI said she should have been charged (you would be charged). Jim Comey and Andrew McCabe convinced Baker to not bring charges.
There you go again, Peter Brown....maybe you missed it, but the US Attorney for Utah, was tasked by former AG Sessions, to investigate the charity, the server, Uranium One.

She has more balls than Trump:

She stood there and took the heat like a man.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

We can play all day!!

"This business of high crimes and misdemeanors goes to the question of whether or not the person serving as president of the U.S. puts their own interest, their personal interest, ahead of public service.”

— Rep. Mike Pence,
If we are going to play, I pick Lindsey Graham for my team:

“The truth is not set by time. It’s set by facts…. It’s about getting it right for the sake of history to justify a decision based on constitutional principles, based on sound law and good facts.” 10/5/98

“The facts are not the president’s friend. So I hope we have a trial that is meaningful.... I’ve never known an impeachment trial without a witness and just lasting one day to present the case for the House. That’s frankly not fair.” 1/3/99

"The best thing for the American people is to end this crop as quickly as possible, to have a trial in the Senate, bipartisan acquittal of the president. I hope nobody will be called as a witness." 1/15/2020
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

There’s more than ‘enough there’ to lock you or me up with no bail and a preordained trial conviction with a minimum 5 years sentence. Hillary and those like her avoid the same treatment as ordinary citizens. That was my point.

(this permanent need now to defend what is obviously a sham is even more interesting; we are truly tribal).
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ggait wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 pm
We can play all day!!

"This business of high crimes and misdemeanors goes to the question of whether or not the person serving as president of the U.S. puts their own interest, their personal interest, ahead of public service.”

— Rep. Mike Pence,

“The truth is not set by time. It’s set by facts…. It’s about getting it right for the sake of history to justify a decision based on constitutional principles, based on sound law and good facts.” 10/5/98

“The facts are not the president’s friend. So I hope we have a trial that is meaningful.... I’ve never known an impeachment trial without a witness and just lasting one day to present the case for the House. That’s frankly not fair.” 1/3/99

"The best thing for the American people is to end this crop as quickly as possible, to have a trial in the Senate, bipartisan acquittal of the president. I hope nobody will be called as a witness." 1/15/2020
my favorite -
“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:35 pm

There’s more than ‘enough there’ to lock you or me up with no bail and a preordained trial conviction with a minimum 5 years sentence. Hillary and those like her avoid the same treatment as ordinary citizens. That was my point.

(this permanent need now to defend what is obviously a sham is even more interesting; we are truly tribal).
I do agree that money has its privlidges. Like the kid who claimed he had "affluenza".
Typical Lax Dad

All Lives Matter
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 pm
We can play all day!!

— Rep. Mike Pence,

Few of us seem to grasp how truly tribal we all are. I pointed out Schumer as one example. I’m not going to list every similar statement from 1999 from Dems. The same nonsense is occurring today, just now on the other side, Republicans.

I thought Clinton’s impeachment was a farce. I think Trump’s is too.

We are all free to cheerlead our respective sides. I just don’t accept inconsistency.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Should we add criminal law to your long list of winging it expertise? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Should we add criminal law to your long list of winging it expertise? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No.

But I have an idea. I volunteer you to try what Hillary did and let us know how it earns out for you. 👍
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am She has more balls than Trump. She stood there and took the heat like a man.
If Trump sat in front of a microphone for the same number of hours that Hillary did, this would not only be the highest rated TV moment in the history of mankind, it would also be a moment in history beyond words. With this said... Hillary had the benefit of being legitimately uneducated (about this specific technology issue). Like the vast majority of politicians, I think Hillary is a greedy, self-obsessed, self-centered opportunist. I have zero doubt that she did numerous inappropriate things. Again, like the vast majority of politicians. But I also think she understands and, so to speak, respects american law. i.e. She respects american law enough to tip toe over lines and then tip toe back, to sweep up when she's done, etc. Which is wrong, which is gross. I absolutely hate it but... Trump is a very different animal. His greed, self-centeredness, self-obsession, opportunism is that of a person with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He's a very different animal and, as a consequence, when put in front of a mic, the veil would all but certainly be lifted.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:43 pm There’s more than ‘enough there’ to lock you or me up with no bail and a preordained trial conviction with a minimum 5 years sentence. Hillary and those like her avoid the same treatment as ordinary citizens. That was my point.
Then fine, for the sake of argument, she's guilty and got away with it. Does that excuse every other politician? excuse the POTUS? Yes, tribalism doesn't help us to get to the truth but tribalism for blue doesn't excuse tribalism for red. No?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am She has more balls than Trump. She stood there and took the heat like a man.
If Trump sat in front of a microphone for the same number of hours that Hillary did, this would not only be the highest rated TV moment in the history of mankind, it would also be a moment in history beyond words. With this said... Hillary had the benefit of being legitimately uneducated (about this specific technology issue). Like the vast majority of politicians, I think Hillary is a greedy, self-obsessed, self-centered opportunist. I have zero doubt that she did numerous inappropriate things. Again, like the vast majority of politicians. But I also think she understands and, so to speak, respects american law. i.e. She respects american law enough to tip toe over lines and then tip toe back, to sweep up when she's done, etc. Which is wrong, which is gross. I absolutely hate it but... Trump is a very different animal. His greed, self-centeredness, self-obsession, opportunism is that of a person with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He's a very different animal and, as a consequence, when put in front of a mic, the veil would all but certainly be lifted.
Don’t disagree. Just pointing out she stood there and took the heat like a man.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:38 pm I thought Clinton’s impeachment was a farce. I think Trump’s is too.

We are all free to cheerlead our respective sides. I just don’t accept inconsistency.
Yes, you do. You think anyone, including Republicans on this board, must be INSANE to criticize our President.

What Clinton did and what Trump did aren't the same. Not even close.

What you are saying is: you don't care if a sitting President uses the power of his office, including the State Department and the Attorney General....to go after his political rival. That now has a green light.

So the IRS practice of going after conservative groups that made my blood boil? What YOU are saying is, that's fine. No problem using your government office to go after your political enemies.

Or Nixon, when he used the FBI to investigate rivals? No problem. You think that's fine.

I'm AMAZED at how many of my fellow Americans think this is ok. But ok. It's your call. Don't feign surprise when the tables are turned.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:38 pm I thought Clinton’s impeachment was a farce. I think Trump’s is too.

Yes, you do. You think anyone, including Republicans on this board, must be INSANE to criticize our President.

What Clinton did and what Trump did aren't the same. Not even close.

What you are saying is: you don't care if a sitting President uses the power of his office, including the State Department and the Attorney General....to go after his political rival. That now has a green light.

So the IRS practice of going after conservative groups that made my blood boil? What YOU are saying is, that's fine. No problem using your government office to go after your political enemies.

Or Nixon, when he used the FBI to investigate rivals? No problem. You think that's fine.

I'm AMAZED at how many of my fellow Americans think this is ok. But ok. It's your call. Don't feign surprise when the tables are turned.

You have a habit of inserting what you think someone thinks as what they say 😂; also who they are.

I have no truck with a Republican criticizing Trump. I like it when folks criticize politicians.

But to be sure, I don’t care much about what seems to truly rile the posters here. Russia, Ukraine, Mueller, and the hundred other manic breaking news items the last 3 years. Mostly the hysteria is a Democrat thing. Lots of agita over nothing.

So far as Trump and Bill Clinton did to ‘deserve’ impeachment are imo equally specious. And each side is equally inconsistent.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I thought Clinton’s impeachment was a farce. I think Trump’s is too.
PB plays a very weak hand of what-about-ism. Maybe we should talk about Obama's tan suit instead?

Bill lied in a private lawsuit about consensual sexual affair. Did not involve any official public office acts. Although it did allege later obstruction/stonewalling for sure. Clinton testified personally.

Trump involves official actions in office used to obtain personal benefit. Actions which are illegal (Impoundment Act, campaign finance laws) even if Trump had no nefarious intent (which he did of course). Then the obstruction/stonewall is simply the biggest of all time. Nobody can testify. No documents can be provided. Everyone has "absolute immunity", a concept previously unheard of in the law. And th eidea of Trump actually testifying is preposterous -- that would never happen. Because he's a big liar and even bigger coward.

Just not the same thing. Which the public knows.

At the time of his impeachment vote, 33% of Americans supported Clinton's impeachment/removal. In contrast, Americans say (57% to 24%) that the Senate should call witnesses and should remove Trump from office (51 vs. 43).

Bringing back Ken Starr, though, is pretty farcical.
Last edited by ggait on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Might be worth the price of admission to see all those "we hate the elite libs" Trumpers cheer pompous Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz, noted elitist liberal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just today we get treated to Lara Trump mocking Joe Biden's stammer in Iowa - disgusting

Speaking of Trump supporters - Monday holiday ought to be real interesting in Virginia

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/16/state- ... -richmond/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

What Trump should have done is ask Don Jr set up a bs Foundation, solicit cash from anyone with a pulse (especially from people and countries with business to transact with Don Sr, like Russian oligarchs, Middle East ruling families, Canadian metals magnates!), hire friends and family at exhorbitant salaries to ‘run’ the Foundation, and then use the Fdn cash for private jets and vacations.

Oh wait, we did that. Wrong family. 😂

Return to “POLITICS”