SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: SCOTUS

Post by ggait »

I’m forever fascinated how clueless (or obtuse?) the left is with respect to just how far the left would take things if given the chance.

When you throw your weight behind either, even though it might give you a temporary jolt of DNC FLP joy, you shouldn’t ever forget what it is you’re supporting.
The stupid is running extra strong for Petey today. There's actually data on this stuff (i.e. the Martin-Quinn scores).

Soto (-3.96) is overwhelmed by activist grouchy old men. Thomas (+3) and Alito (+2.2).

T -87 days from when the activist GOP judges show their true cards. Be careful what you wish for.

GILD stock at $60.66 today. Two full years after Petey told us to back up the truck at $84.

These board would be so much better if the Gator troll boy would just take his shirt somewhere else. Maybe we could buy him a subscription on Truth Social?
Last edited by ggait on Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Boycott stupid. Country over party.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:26 pm
I’m forever fascinated how clueless (or obtuse?) the left is with respect to just how far the left would take things if given the chance.

When you throw your weight behind either, even though it might give you a temporary jolt of DNC FLP joy, you shouldn’t ever forget what it is you’re supporting.
The stupid is running extra strong for Petey today. There's actually data on this stuff (i.e. the Martin-Quinn scores).

Soto (-3.96) is overwhelmed by activist grouchy old men. Thomas (+3) and Alito (+2.2).

T -87 days from when the activist GOP judges show their true cards. Be careful what you wish for.

GILD stock at $60.66 today. Two full years after Petey told us to back up the truck at $84.

These board would be so much better if the Gator troll boy would just take his shirt somewhere else. Maybe we could buy him a subscription on Truth Social?
Man, he really occupies a nice amount of real estate in your head, that you must keep refraining the same tired line that nobody gives a damn about. Who the hell cares about a prediction somebody made about a stock reaching $84 a share. Do you wake up every morning, and search the stock price? Is it a part of your daily routine? Get a hobby, christ you are hung up on this turd (not referring to PB).

Joe
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Man, he really occupies a nice amount of real estate in your head, that you must keep refraining the same tired line that nobody gives a damn about. Who the hell cares about a prediction somebody made about a stock reaching $84 a share. Do you wake up every morning, and search the stock price? Is it a part of your daily routine? Get a hobby, christ you are hung up on this turd (not referring to PB).

Joe

It’s really quite something. I actually hope one day to see one of these fine folks reply like this:

actually, KBJ ruled once in FAVOR of free speech, here is the case, you’re wrong that she opposes the Bill of Rights’.

Instead, we get the very definition of ‘trolling’…not discussing the topic, just a hyper focus on another poster. I personally spend zero time reflecting much on any one poster and try to only consider the topic. My weakness I suppose is I laugh too hard at some of the replies. And I certainly don’t tell them ‘they shouldn’t post on the politics thread :lol: ‘.

If anyone can prove that KBJ has in the past ruled with a constitutionalist eye toward any of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, I’d be interested to learn. The same goes for Sotomajor. Show us a time when either evidenced a strong embrace of constitutional rights via a court decision of theirs. All I can see are the furthest of the furthest leftist, daffiest, least thought-out rulings in history, all done with an eye toward undoing American excellence. Happy to be proven incorrect! I’d sleep better thinking that either isn’t a complete and utter plant of the DNC.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:23 pm If anyone can prove that KBJ has in the past ruled with a constitutionalist eye toward any of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, I’d be interested to learn. The same goes for Sotomajor. Show us a time when either evidenced a strong embrace of constitutional rights via a court decision of theirs. All I can see are the furthest of the furthest leftist, daffiest, least thought-out rulings in history, all done with an eye toward undoing American excellence. Happy to be proven incorrect! I’d sleep better thinking that either isn’t a complete and utter plant of the DNC.
She's been making all her rulings using the Communist Manifesto, Pete. Her most important ruling was a case that involved whether or not it's ok for Americans to kick puppies.

She, of course, ruled that not only is it legal for an American to kick a puppy.....it's their moral imperative to kick as many puppies as possible.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:25 am Wow, the Stupid is, umm, insistent today. Boycott.

KJB joins Sotomajor now as the two left lunatics whose opinions/rulings literally wouldn’t be any different than if they were Soviets of old. They will for the most part be ignored by the others, including Kagan.

There is no case far left enough where Sotomajor and KBJ won’t rule for whatever the polar opposite of American values would be.

And yet you accuse others of trolling when you make these blanket statements without ANY supporting logic or evidence.

Why don't YOU show us a ruling that shows Soviet style court behavior? Where their rulings were polar opposites of American values? And you are insisting they will undoubtably rule this way. Where is YOUR evidence?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:44 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:25 am Wow, the Stupid is, umm, insistent today. Boycott.

KJB joins Sotomajor now as the two left lunatics whose opinions/rulings literally wouldn’t be any different than if they were Soviets of old. They will for the most part be ignored by the others, including Kagan.

There is no case far left enough where Sotomajor and KBJ won’t rule for whatever the polar opposite of American values would be.

And yet you accuse others of trolling when you make these blanket statements without ANY supporting logic or evidence.

Why don't YOU show us a ruling that shows Soviet style court behavior? Where their rulings were polar opposites of American values? And you are insisting they will undoubtably rule this way. Where is YOUR evidence?

My evidence is extensive and well documented. First, let’s remember how the press covers for radical Marxists looking to make policy from the bench.

From 2009, NBC:

“Sotomayor: A liberal record — but not entirely
With more than 16 years as a federal judge, Sonia Sotomayor cannot easily be pigeonholed, with a range of rulings not always in the liberal vein.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna30948636

Ayfkm?!?? How does anyone not recoil in embarrassment over this kind of media propaganda meant to shelter a lunatic judge’s record?

We’ll skip that, but man.

Here’s ‘crafty’ Sonia getting nearly any relevant Covid statistic beyond-comically incorrect WHILE DECIDING A COVID LAW!!!

“ Omicron is as deadly as Delta … we have hospitals that are almost at full capacity with people severely ill on ventilators. We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition, and many on ventilators.”

Off *only* by a factor of 30!!!!! What a partisan birdbrain.

The fuller article goes on further to show she’d never even heard of the 10th Amendment. :roll:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/supreme-c ... tatements/

Do you want me to review her every decision as she goes further and further left with age? Cause that’s what’s occurring. No accountability, she gets to rule like a Soviet. We saw with the Covid decisions she’s deferential to the federal government at critical junctures.

Her Masterpiece Cakeshop dissent is an assault on the State's obligation of religious neutrality under the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution. How’s that?!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... truly, the stupid is running extra strong with Petey and his minions today. NO ONE ON THE COURT TODAY IS AS FAR LEFT AS THOMAS IS FAR RIGHT! The MQ scores tell the tale! Pretty much every judge moves to their left the longer they stay on the court -- but for Thomas and perhaps Alito. Both are currently further right than when they took the position. Better be careful, Alito looks like he is hitting an inflection point, getting ready to turn to the left - won't hold my breath, but we will see. Thomas is the crankiest old white man on the court. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

He could give you a thousand pages of evidence and you and all the others would spin it as trolling and misinformation, you just want to see him run in circles for your entertainment. Entertaining opposing viewpoints is an integral part of this thing we call life. Apparently not in this little insulated fake reality called FanLax Politics Section. I guess I have to remind myself that it must be an escape from reality for a large portion of posters on this site. Sad... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:21 pm

He could give you a thousand pages of evidence and you and all the others would spin it as trolling and misinformation, you just want to see him run in circles for your entertainment. Entertaining opposing viewpoints is an integral part of this thing we call life. Apparently not in this little insulated fake reality called FanLax Politics Section. I guess I have to remind myself that it must be an escape from reality for a large portion of posters on this site. Sad... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
Are you familiar with the Supreme Court nominee’s experience and how it compares to other seated Supreme Court justices? How is it similar and how is it different?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 pm

Joe
Are you familiar with the Supreme Court nominee’s experience and how it compares to other seated Supreme Court justices? How is it similar and how is it different?
She's somewhere in between Breyer and Sotomayor.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 pm

Joe

Joe
I what way is her experience and background between those two?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:27 pm

Joe

Joe
In no way, I mean that her political lean is somewhere between Breyer and Sotomayor. That's all.

Joe
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

BTW, an article in the NYPost is not a citation of case rulings.

Give the editorial control by the Murdochs I don’t think this is an unbiased source.

If you want to argue Soviet style rulings, you need to actually provide the opinions and show using her words how that fits.

Or show us an unbiased expert review of the opinion from some real lawyers.

But you cannot because you insist on painting people who disagree with you as some sort of wild extremists. Which is not true.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

We're in stupid land. A Republican recommended nominee just a few years ago, Garland, is now a far left socialist / fascist / communist whom our posters "just know" is terrible because of what they hear on the "news", regardless of actual policy or implementation.

No actual substance is present in most of the arguments we hear on the forums and in the mainstream media like Fox, just "pedofile grooming" type smear. We are pretty close to 1933.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Too bad they don't televise at least a portion of the supremes hearing cases and asking questions. With the exception of Thomas who never asks questions each of us could actually see and hear the justices doing their job. I wonder why they don't televise the supremes. The fear is that everybody would be performing for the cameras. I spent more hours than I care to admit listening to audio of the supremes on CSPAN when I had cable. So when you actually can LISTEN to them in action it makes it easier to decide for yourself. All I have now is OTHER people trying to tell me what they think... The Fanlax spinmeisters.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:27 pm

Joe

Joe
In no way, I mean that her political lean is somewhere between Breyer and Sotomayor. That's all.

Joe
Joe, your response was to a direct question.
You didn't answer the question of her experience and how it compares to other sitting SCOTUS justices, instead you redirected to where you imagine her "political lean" is. Which wasn't the question.

And how do we discern her "political lean" from any of her rulings? And compare such to others on the court? Seems to me that she defined her judicial process as quite non-ideological, and potentially significantly more 'conservative' than either of the two justices you mention as a result. But we really don't know, nor should we really.

Of course, your guess as to her 'political lean' relative to those justices could be correct; but does that mean she'll be a judicial activist for political causes that she favors? Hasn't been the case in her first decade as a judge, but only time will tell for sure.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:25 am Too bad they don't televise at least a portion of the supremes hearing cases and asking questions. With the exception of Thomas who never asks questions each of us could actually see and hear the justices doing their job. I wonder why they don't televise the supremes. The fear is that everybody would be performing for the cameras. I spent more hours than I care to admit listening to audio of the supremes on CSPAN when I had cable. So when you actually can LISTEN to them in action it makes it easier to decide for yourself. All I have now is OTHER people trying to tell me what they think... The Fanlax spinmeisters.
Anytime you or anyone else wants to listen to the oral arguments, it's easy to do:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argum ... audio/2021
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:18 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:25 am Too bad they don't televise at least a portion of the supremes hearing cases and asking questions. With the exception of Thomas who never asks questions each of us could actually see and hear the justices doing their job. I wonder why they don't televise the supremes. The fear is that everybody would be performing for the cameras. I spent more hours than I care to admit listening to audio of the supremes on CSPAN when I had cable. So when you actually can LISTEN to them in action it makes it easier to decide for yourself. All I have now is OTHER people trying to tell me what they think... The Fanlax spinmeisters.
Anytime you or anyone else wants to listen to the oral arguments, it's easy to do:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argum ... audio/2021
Thank you for that link. I use to find them later in the evening on CSPAN. I do not have cable anymore and rarely stay up past 9pm anymore. They are both dull and fascinating at the same time. It would be nice if they were televised, I understand why that will never happen.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:25 amIt would be nice if they were televised, I understand why that will never happen.
You're right Cradle, some of the Justices wouldn't come across very well on that teevee medium... :lol: :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”