The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by youthathletics »

We’ve been told things are better under Biden. I’m sure every one’s earnings have gone up to support this.

https://x.com/wallstreetsilv/status/180 ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Not sure I'd want to be the next President.

"Michael Hamilton, one of the heads of the real estate practice at O’Melveny & Myers, said he had been involved with a number of deals in which banks were quietly giving borrowers a year to find a buyer for a property — even if it meant a building was sold at a substantial discount. He said that the banks were interested in avoiding a foreclosure and that borrowers benefited by getting to walk away from a mortgage without owing anything.

“What I have been seeing is the cockroaches are starting to come out,” said Mr. Hamilton. “The general public does not have a sense of the severity of the problem.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/24/busi ... loans.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

If the banks are essentially saying they are prepared to foreclose would that suggest the loan should be classified as non-performing?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The official jobs numbers from the past two months have been revised downward by -111,000.

The unemployment rate has risen to 4.1% — the highest since November 2021.

https://x.com/RNCResearch/status/1809206517335560522
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:35 am The official jobs numbers from the past two months have been revised downward by -111,000.

... that's a totally believable source you got there. Team Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:35 am The official jobs numbers from the past two months have been revised downward by -111,000.

... that's a totally believable source you got there. Team Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
CNBC was presenting.....go pick a fight with them.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:06 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:48 pm

CNBC was presenting.....go pick a fight with them.
Covid bailout money is going to hit folks hard this fall. We'll lose thousands just in teachers and K-12 admin. alone.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

You, Donnie. and the 1%ers should be cheering. Nasdaq and S+P hit new record highs and the jobs number are being evaluated as possibly meaning an interest rate reduction sooner rather than later.

But you can't because Biden's prez. (Well, there's that and DJT was down over 6% today.)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:37 pm

You, Donnie. and the 1%ers should be cheering. Nasdaq and S+P hit new record highs and the jobs number are being evaluated as possibly meaning an interest rate reduction sooner rather than later.

But you can't because Biden's prez. (Well, there's that and DJT was down over 6% today.)
:roll:
~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:44 am

For a guy who "doesn't like Trump" and supposedly doesn't plan to vote for him, you seem to work really hard at seeing the current administration in the least favorable light you can muster.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:19 am

For a guy who "doesn't like Trump" and supposedly doesn't plan to vote for him, you seem to work really hard at seeing the current administration in the least favorable light you can muster.
I am trying to regress this place to the mean, that we are all equally frustrated and tend to hold on to our partisan prejudices a bit too firmly. And if we actually considered that we are all equally frustrated, maybe there'd be a bit less bickering and an occasional "I am with ya brother", "I feel ya", 'Fist Bump', 'Head nod', 'thumbs up'.....nope, its a scoreboard reply with often a punch in the neck.
~Livy

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:42 am

I am trying to regress this place to the mean, that we are all equally frustrated and tend to hold on to our partisan prejudices a bit too firmly. And if we actually considered that we are all equally frustrated, maybe there'd be a bit less bickering and an occasional "I am with ya brother", "I feel ya", 'Fist Bump', 'Head nod', 'thumbs up'.....nope, its a scoreboard reply with often a punch in the neck.
We're not "equally frustrated". Some of us will never vote for an election denier that puts our form of government at risk. Others are willing to look past that because they "agree with their policies".

You have to excise the cancer before you can get well.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:02 am

We're not "equally frustrated". Some of us will never vote for an election denier that puts our form of government at risk. Others are willing to look past that because they "agree with their policies".

You have to excise the cancer before you can get well.
Equally? Horse pucky. The scales are heavily tilted one way when measured against the risks
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

That is a laudable idea. Now, if you want, you might go back and check some of the stuff you have sourced out of social media and ask if some of them meet the mission, as you have described it. Mostly, it seems to me, you look for embarrassing and negative stuff about Biden, studiously overlooking the many positives of his Presidency in these difficult days. Food for thought, maybe.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:57 pm

That is a laudable idea. Now, if you want, you might go back and check some of the stuff you have sourced out of social media and ask if some of them meet the mission, as you have described it. Mostly, it seems to me, you look for embarrassing and negative stuff about Biden, studiously overlooking the many positives of his Presidency in these difficult days. Food for thought, maybe.
I can understand that.....thank you. To be clear, I don't want Trump, and neither do many, my issue...is currently Biden and Harris and frankly they BS they and the media are feeding us all. SO when I draw attention to their antics, I'd assume you too would be distraught by their outright mistruths....rather then merely saying ' but Trump'.

For instance......look at this from Kamala. She knows she can't answer honestly, she knows Joe should not be here, but the crux of the issue is how childish they attempt to treat us, as if we are incapable to recognize the BS they are attempting to feed us. I suppose, in the end, I am just frustrated at where we are. 2028 can not come soon enough.

https://x.com/LarryOConnor/status/1809289244961067292
~Livy

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Linking to a Brietbart protege?

I note the ritualistic “i am not Trumper” that keeps popping up in your posts. Which seems too cute by half
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:11 pm

I can understand that.....thank you. To be clear, I don't want Trump, and neither do many, my issue...is currently Biden and Harris and frankly they BS they and the media are feeding us all. SO when I draw attention to their antics, I'd assume you too would be distraught by their outright mistruths....rather then merely saying ' but Trump'.

For instance......look at this from Kamala. She knows she can't answer honestly, she knows Joe should not be here, but the crux of the issue is how childish they attempt to treat us, as if we are incapable to recognize the BS they are attempting to feed us. I suppose, in the end, I am just frustrated at where we are. 2028 can not come soon enough.

As I"ve been saying----it starts with you Registered voters.

Stop commenting, stop posting, stop even paying attention to the Dems.

And focus 100% of your attention on your party, and hold them accountable to do what you voted for them to do. If you do that? You won't get a Trump as your nominee. You'll get an adult.

And until this happens? We're going to get the worst possible candidates for the rest of your life. Same goes for Dems.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:11 pm

As I"ve been saying----it starts with you Registered voters.

Stop commenting, stop posting, stop even paying attention to the Dems.

And focus 100% of your attention on your party, and hold them accountable to do what you voted for them to do. If you do that? You won't get a Trump as your nominee. You'll get an adult.

And until this happens? We're going to get the worst possible candidates for the rest of your life. Same goes for Dems.
It’s why I am changing to ‘I’. And have argued the more people do this, the more the see their base erode. Only issue, the bites thereafter can not stay partyline.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:39 am If the banks are essentially saying they are prepared to foreclose would that suggest the loan should be classified as non-performing?
Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR) and then performing watchlist/special mention.

I could get very deep into this. Also was involved with a recent recap of Hilton/canopy next to the willis tower where goldman had to extend twice and are still holding the loan. Money good but barely.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.fdic.gov/sites/default/file ... 23051a.pdf

The regulators gave this guidance last summer to allow for more latitude for extend and pretending, but have been cracking down hard lately including being the driver of the recent first foundation secondary common offering which destroyed the equity market value.

THey shouldve skipped the investor call it was one of the worst I've ever heard and right after the dilutive raise...

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ef-Capital
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How about some love I've been banging on biden as much as trump the last two years adn how the dems blew this whole situation since the election.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”