The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:31 pm Classic further left to misread 20 & 22 and overplay their hand. Not sure they understand this today that rejection of Trump and that crew is NOT support for your own agenda

Cori Bush Defeated in Missouri Democratic Primary, Becoming Second House ‘Squad’ Member to Lose Seat
Prosecuting attorney Wesley Bell wins race with backing of pro-Israel groups........(snip)
Even more evidence that the moderates are controlling the Dem party and their voters. I'm good with that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So New York Governor Kathy Hochul had a trusted high level aide who was a stooge for the Chicoms. Have no fear, this is NYS so Hochul will have no problem being reelected. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:31 pm Classic further left to misread 20 & 22 and overplay their hand. Not sure they understand this today that rejection of Trump and that crew is NOT support for your own agenda

Cori Bush Defeated in Missouri Democratic Primary, Becoming Second House ‘Squad’ Member to Lose Seat
Prosecuting attorney Wesley Bell wins race with backing of pro-Israel groups........(snip)
Even more evidence that the moderates are controlling the Dem party and their voters. I'm good with that.
Controlling their voters?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:07 am

Yes. Majority rules. In the Dem party, the fringe voters and their fringe candidates keep losing. That's how it's supposed to work.

We've seen what it looks like when that doesn't happen....we get Trump and his looney tune base controlling the entire Republican party for 12 years now, and counting.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:08 am

Yes. Majority rules. In the Dem party, the fringe voters and their fringe candidates keep losing. That's how it's supposed to work.

We've seen what it looks like when that doesn't happen....we get Trump and his looney tune base controlling the entire Republican party for 12 years now, and counting.
Probably not the most artful way of saying it, "controlling" their voters, but your point is correct that views that don't persuade a majority don't get pushed to the forefront in legislation or executive action, though they do influence to some extent the conversation within the party and, ultimately, may become acceptable by a majority of Americans...we've seen this in all sorts of areas, perhaps most strikingly for instance something like gay marriage...resisted at first by the majority of Dems, especially senior most, but ultimately the public's overall views shifted considerably and leadership caught up.

And yes, fringe views entirely hold sway in the GOP right now...really bizarrely so as they aren't remotely close to majority views of all Americans...so, the effort is to demonize ALL opposition whether former GOP stalwarts or Dems...and to denigrate ALL institutions and norms...concentrated, minority rule power is the sole real objective.

Only way to correct this is for enough voters to reject them at every level, over and over and over again...eventually it may become practical again to seek the moderate middle...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:23 am

Probably not the most artful way of saying it, "controlling" their voters, but your point is correct that views that don't persuade a majority don't get pushed to the forefront in legislation or executive action, though they do influence to some extent the conversation within the party and, ultimately, may become acceptable by a majority of Americans...we've seen this in all sorts of areas, perhaps most strikingly for instance something like gay marriage...resisted at first by the majority of Dems, especially senior most, but ultimately the public's overall views shifted considerably and leadership caught up.

And yes, fringe views entirely hold sway in the GOP right now...really bizarrely so as they aren't remotely close to majority views of all Americans...so, the effort is to demonize ALL opposition whether former GOP stalwarts or Dems...and to denigrate ALL institutions and norms...concentrated, minority rule power is the sole real objective.

Only way to correct this is for enough voters to reject them at every level, over and over and over again...eventually it may become practical again to seek the moderate middle...
Too bad the FLP radical wing nuts have absolutely ZERO interest in any moderate middle bullchit. Your so deaf dumb, dumb and blind because you hate your own party. You have become the useful idiot they so much depend upon. What better target for their propaganda than a weak kneed liberal RINO? Sorta like the pitcher dialing in a slow hanging curveball delivered belt high to your teams clean up batter. So you VOTED for GWB with great enthusiasm. You regret that vote now? :roll: :roll: :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:49 am

Too bad the FLP radical wing nuts have absolutely ZERO interest in any moderate middle bullchit. Your so deaf dumb, dumb and blind because you hate your own party. You have become the useful idiot they so much depend upon. What better target for their propaganda than a weak kneed liberal RINO? Sorta like the pitcher dialing in a slow hanging curveball delivered belt high to your teams clean up batter. So you VOTED for GWB with great enthusiasm. You regret that vote now? :roll: :roll: :roll:
What’s with the personal invective? Can you express yourself without ad hominems?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Cradle loses it when reality intrudes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:49 am

I'm disgusted with Trump and MAGA/Trump cult that has overtaken the GOP.
I don't 'hate' their voters.

The extremists are in charge of the GOP, they definitely aren't with the Dems, so given the alternatives I'll be voting with the Dems along with lots of other Republicans and former Republicans who are similarly disgusted.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RFK’s wife being attacked….”not even the mafia goes after the wives”.

https://x.com/vigilantfox/status/183226 ... a82I2GssRg

Reminds me of a few people around here that love to attack others b/c they disagree.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

I do have sympathy for Cheryl Hines. First, she was married to Larry David, now Bobby Junior. I guess being “married” to Larry prepared her for RFK.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:48 pm RFK’s wife being attacked….”not even the mafia goes after the wives”.

Reminds me of a few people around here that love to attack others b/c they disagree.
I suspect you do similar things from time to time around here as well. :oops:

A biblical quote for you might be appropriate -

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" - John 8:7

That all said, I do agree with you that Bill Maher does have a very valid point. He has been making it quite consistently for some time now.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:48 pm RFK’s wife being attacked….”not even the mafia goes after the wives”.

That all said, I do agree with you that Bill Maher does have a very valid point. He has been making it quite consistently for some time now.
I prefer Matthew 7:3-5
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:51 pm

Maher "forgot" what the R's did to Michelle.

And who here remembers how the R's treated Jill? Mocking her Doctorate?

Bill wants to now hold Libs to a higher standard....without acknowledging the R's are WORSE with this stuff?

I think Bill is enjoying the ratings and clicks he gets when he does this....that's what this is about.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:01 pm

Bill wants to now hold Libs to a higher standard....without acknowledging the R's are WORSE with this stuff?

I think Bill is enjoying the ratings and clicks he gets when he does this....that's what this is about.
Maher gives it to the right as often and with the same ardor as he does to lefties. His point is that EXTREMISM in either direction is the problem.

His session with General McMaster was enlightening including his take on General Flynn.
McMaster is no fan of either Obama or Biden policy towards Iran.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:05 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:01 pm

Maher gives it to the right as often and with the same ardor as he does to lefties. His point is that EXTREMISM in either direction is the problem.
I know...but he did NOT do that here. He gave them a pass. "Not even the mafia" means: the right/R's don't do this. That's a lie.

Had he not made the mafia comment, and left his mocking of libs fly solo? I'd agree....a well deserved swipe at the far left.

But that's not what he did...he told us ONLY the libs go after the wives.
Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:05 pm His session with General McMaster was enlightening including his take on General Flynn.
McMaster is no fan of either Obama or Biden policy towards Iran.
Agree.

Return to “POLITICS”