The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

IMO I believe Harris is going to win. That won't be because of any superior qualifications. It will be because her opponent is an industrial strength a- hole.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Vance claims Kamala Harris and the immigrant influx have caused a substantial increase in murder in Springfield.

But...Springfield had significantly more murders under President Donald Trump than it has had under Biden-Harris. The Republican prosecutor for the county that includes Springfield, Daniel Driscoll, told CNN (1) they haven't had a single murder involving a Haitian perpetrator or victim in the 21 years he's been at the office; and (2) they see no upward trend in murder.

The fact (wait, that bears repeating: the fact) is that murder in Springfield is down this year through July, with just 2 murders compared to 5 at the same point last year. There's no indication that last year's 9 is anything other than the usual inexplicable fluctuation that had one Trump year at 13 and the next at 3.

The GOP Campaign has decided to lie about immigrants, place them in harm's way, close down schools, pressure already busy first responders and LEOs, and generally gaslight for [some semblance of] political gain. What is wrong with these people? And how can anyone support them?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:42 pm The only real argument that even remotely makes sense to me is that she ain't trump. A vote for Kamala is like playing night baseball. You have no idea what your cards are. You have to keep calling and hope for the best. All I know is good poker players don't bet not knowing what their cards are.
While I think this is BS, I do agree that a tree stump or manhole cover would be better than Trump and MAGA in power, so if that’s enough for you to vote for Harris fine with me. Pretty sure Dick Cheney and all those former Cabinet officials, all Republicans, aren’t voting for her because they are enamored with her or the Democrats.

They have seen Trump up close and are telling us all to keep him out of the White House.
yes, cradle, the alternative is too reprehensible for many staunch conservatives, who actually know him up close, to bear; they will support Harris instead.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:44 pm

yes, cradle, the alternative is too reprehensible for many staunch conservatives, who actually know him up close, to bear; they will support Harris instead.

While it is true that the polls favor Harris at this point, I am still NOT convinced tRump has been beaten as of yet:

• Oklahoma and Texas have disqualified over a million voters. It's a sure bet most of these will be Dem centered votes.

• Arizona's law which restricts voting was upheld by a Republican appellate court (legal protest by Latino group denied).

• Georgia now requires hand count of ballots which means anybody's valid vote can be disqualified or discarded.

• It is said Nebraska may change its rules so that now all electoral votes must be directed to one party.

These states will be critical for the election. And what next? Which state will be the next one to disqualify valid voter registration?

For too long now the Democrats have been gloating that, somehow, tRump has been defeated and that Harris has a sure win. However, all they do is to point to virtually worthless polls whose numbers can change overnight. When I challenge Democrats on these matters in other websites they ignore my challenges. As far as I'm concerned, we're in the fourth quarter of a football game and the score is still 0-0. Anything can happen, and I mean anything.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:42 pm The only real argument that even remotely makes sense to me is that she ain't trump. A vote for Kamala is like playing night baseball. You have no idea what your cards are. You have to keep calling and hope for the best. All I know is good poker players don't bet not knowing what their cards are.
While I think this is BS, I do agree that a tree stump or manhole cover would be better than Trump and MAGA in power, so if that’s enough for you to vote for Harris fine with me. Pretty sure Dick Cheney and all those former Cabinet officials, all Republicans, aren’t voting for her because they are enamored with her or the Democrats.

They have seen Trump up close and are telling us all to keep him out of the White House.
What are you talking about? Neither you or I has the slightest clue about what any alternative will amount to. I do know you were a huge Bush and Cheney fan. You think trump will do worse to f**k this nation up than your 2 Republican heroes did? GMAFB. Bush and Cheney did more damage to this country than trump or potentially Harris will likely ever do. Spare me the lecture and start pointing the finger of blame where it belongs. For all of his many faults I don't think trump would start a war because he held a grudge at the guy who wanted his daddy dead. That is what the war in Iraq was all about.

Your bout of Republican amnesia started when Trump ran for president. As much as I dislike trump my distain for George Bush has grown to borderline hatred. I use to defend Bush. He and Cheney can both go strait to hell for the damage they did to this country. How odd is it that these 2 Republican scoundrels get a big thumbs up from an old school Republican like yourself? :roll: Why you even voted for them didn't you? You must be so proud?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Here's another example of what I mean:

Judge denies Republican request to prevent UNC mobile One Card as voter ID

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/20 ... -elections

On Thursday, a North Carolina judge denied the N.C. Republican Party and Republican National Committee’s joint request to prevent the UNC mobile One Card as a valid form of voter ID.

The complaint, which was filed on Sept. 12 against the North Carolina State Board of Elections, stated that North Carolina law prohibits using a photo ID on mobile devices when voting and the One Card is not a valid form of voter ID, since it is not a physical “card.”

It further alleged that allowing voters to use an electronically stored ID would make it easier for a user to commit fraud and potentially allow ineligible voters to vote.

The One Card has been an acceptable form of Voter ID since 2020, but until the decision on Aug. 20, only physical One Cards were accepted at polling places.

The Democratic National Committee and UNC’s Affirmative Action Coalition both also filed motions to intervene Monday.

“The State Board’s decision to allow UNC students to use our official university-issued digital IDs for voting simply recognizes the reality of how students live and operate today,” Alexander Denza, Affirmative Action Coalition and TransparUNCy executive member, said in a text statement. “This lawsuit by the Republican National Committee and North Carolina Republican Party is a thinly veiled attempt to make it harder for students to vote by eliminating a form of official ID that is ubiquitous on our campus.”

Martha Plaehn, a UNC junior and the co-campus coordinator for the North Carolina Public Interest Research Group New Voters Project, said having accessible identification options like the digital One Card makes it easier for students to vote.

Plaehn said as physical One Cards become antiquated, it is important for students and employees to have the option to use their mobile One Card, especially for people who do not have other forms of ID, like a driver’s license or a passport.

The One Card Office went through a long process to make the digital One Card a verifiable ID, meaning it would not lead to voter fraud any more than a physical One Card would, Plaehn added.

The RNC and NCGOP have filed seven lawsuits against the NCSBE in the past 50 days questioning how different election procedures are implemented, Policy and Programs Manager at Democracy N.C. Carol Moreno said.

more ...

Ok, for now, the No Carolina RNC's request has been denied. But you know as everyone else does that the appellate courts are all Republican. They will readily disregard the Constitution and put any convenient spin on the law in order to insure an interpretation favorable to the right wingers. On that basis it would come as no surprise to see this ruling quashed by a Republican appellate court. This, again, would guarantee a battle ground state victory for tRump and victories for Congressional contestants from his party.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:46 pm

While it is true that the polls favor Harris at this point, I am still NOT convinced tRump has been beaten as of yet:

• Oklahoma and Texas have disqualified over a million voters. It's a sure bet most of these will be Dem centered votes.

• Arizona's law which restricts voting was upheld by a Republican appellate court (legal protest by Latino group denied).

• Georgia now requires hand count of ballots which means anybody's valid vote can be disqualified or discarded.

• It is said Nebraska may change its rules so that now all electoral votes must be directed to one party.

These states will be critical for the election. And what next? Which state will be the next one to disqualify valid voter registration?

For too long now the Democrats have been gloating that, somehow, tRump has been defeated and that Harris has a sure win. However, all they do is to point to virtually worthless polls whose numbers can change overnight. When I challenge Democrats on these matters in other websites they ignore my challenges. As far as I'm concerned, we're in the fourth quarter of a football game and the score is still 0-0. Anything can happen, and I mean anything.
You won’t get any disagreement from me if n these concerns. My friend not nit is that I have not seen this gloating you suggest.

Seems to me that most of the commentary is that while Harris has momentum and perhaps a higher potential ceiling, it’s way too close to call, especially for the reasons you suggest.

The Campaign and the candidates keep saying they’re the “underdogs” and they emphasize the importance of ground game efforts down the final stretch.

Gloating, no.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:56 pm

What are you talking about? Neither you or I has the slightest clue about what any alternative will amount to. I do know you were a huge Bush and Cheney fan. You think trump will do worse to f**k this nation up than your 2 Republican heroes did? GMAFB. Bush and Cheney did more damage to this country than trump or potentially Harris will likely ever do. Spare me the lecture and start pointing the finger of blame where it belongs. For all of his many faults I don't think trump would start a war because he held a grudge at the guy who wanted his daddy dead. That is what the war in Iraq was all about.

Your bout of Republican amnesia started when Trump ran for president. As much as I dislike trump my distain for George Bush has grown to borderline hatred. I use to defend Bush. He and Cheney can both go strait to hell for the damage they did to this country. How odd is it that these 2 Republican scoundrels get a big thumbs up from an old school Republican like yourself? :roll: Why you even voted for them didn't you? You must be so proud?
I have no doubt that Trump would sell his dead mother for a buck or cheers, so yeah I think he can be manipulated into tremendous destruction of America. And enjoy it.

I don’t think Bush or Cheney had such evil intentions as does Trump, though I certainly think we can fairly criticize decisions they made.

But put aside those 2, look at all the people who worked in the Trump Administration and saw him up close who are opposing him in 2024. They should know a heck of a lot better than you about the dangers of Trump.

Return to “POLITICS”