The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"They're eating the dogs. They're eating the pets."

"I am a leader in fertilization."

Harris kept the Moron on the defensive the entire evening, and that is not easy to do to a bloviator like him. She was composed, prepared and ready with the points she wanted to make, the direction she wanted to move the debate, and the manner in which to bait him into doing it for her. Pretty impressive stuff.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:45 am Priceless moments - Orange Fatso referring to the head of the Taliban as "Abdul" which Juliette Kayyem said "was a perfect mix of his ignorance, racism and senility in just a single word" - Not to mention that he invited the Taliban to Camp David on SEPTEMBER 11. :oops:

Harris then encouraged Trump to "tell the 800,000 Polish-Americans right here in Pennsylvania" about his ostensible support of the Kremlin and its leader, a dictator who the VP also claimed, "would eat you for lunch." - She then proceeded to continue eat his lunch throughout the debate.

She even disarmed him by offering to shake hands - which he meekly obliged being the real wimp that he actually is.

However, while it is still obvious that Fatso is a total moron I'm still floored that it will still likely be a close election.
Abdul….. classic.
“I wish you would!”
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

"I am a leader in fertilization"

Quote of the year by the ultimate nonsense artiste.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:21 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:43 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm Migrants in Ohio kidnapping and eating dogs and cats?

Babies in Virginia being killed after birth?

Biden responsible for shooting Trump in the head?
He’s deranged. And cannot speak in complete sentences and thoughts.
... if Trump wasn't a cult, this MOFO would lose all 50 states! Kamala walked all over him and then backed her car over him. Even he recognizes that!!
Very true. When he ran in 2016, Dump talked about "draining the swamp" and things that actually sounded reasonable and even laudable. This time around it was a bunch of conspiracy theories, and subtance-free statements about how great he was as Prez (telling people to inject Clorox was certainly great advice to battle Covid).

After the first debate, the press was all about Biden being too old, senile, etc. Biden could well be too old, but Tronald Dump certainly seems too deranged and narcissistic, not to mention being a habitual liar.
Typical Lax Dad

FannOLax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:46 am
ggait wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm Migrants in Ohio kidnapping and eating dogs and cats?

... if Trump wasn't a cult, this MOFO would lose all 50 states! Kamala walked all over him and then backed her car over him. Even he recognizes that!!
Very true. When he ran in 2016, Dump talked about "draining the swamp" and things that actually sounded reasonable and even laudable. This time around it was a bunch of conspiracy theories, and subtance-free statements about how great he was as Prez (telling people to inject Clorox was certainly great advice to battle Covid).

After the first debate, the press was all about Biden being too old, senile, etc. Biden could well be too old, but Tronald Dump certainly seems too deranged and narcissistic, not to mention being a habitual liar.
You won’t read as much criticism and you won’t hear anyone in his faction admit that he is shot. Plenty of people questioned Biden. So much so he was forced out….Will not happen with the MAGA/GOP types including those that have a presence here.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

I am going to get there before IY does:

https://apple.news/AGzD95YC-Q96y9ICdj5D8nQ
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:32 am I am going to get there before IY does:

Those dogs and cats in Ohio ate his homework too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:19 am "They're eating the dogs. They're eating the pets."

"I am a leader in fertilization."

Harris kept the Moron on the defensive the entire evening, and that is not easy to do to a bloviator like him. She was composed, prepared and ready with the points she wanted to make, the direction she wanted to move the debate, and the manner in which to bait him into doing it for her. Pretty impressive stuff.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:23 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:45 am She even disarmed him by offering to shake hands - which he meekly obliged being the real wimp that he actually is.
Yup, Kamala had better footwork, while Donald tried to avoid her and go straight to the podium, she cut him off and
made him shake hands with her. She was a step ahead of him all night long. Watched the whole thing, IMO, Donald got the schidt kicked out of him.
I did not watch, but told my wife at dinner last evening...If it were me, whoever comes out and initiates shaking hands will be the winner and at least appear more profession.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:19 am
FannOLax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:46 am

You won’t read as much criticism and you won’t hear anyone in his faction admit that he is shot. Plenty of people questioned Biden. So much so he was forced out….Will not happen with the MAGA/GOP types including those that have a presence here.
Maybe the Repugs could switch mounts so we could have Haley v. Harris? Who would Haley pick for her dream team running mate?

Never going to happen, but amusing to contemplate.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:32 am I am going to get there before IY does:

Earrings? Pshaw, it's the anal beads...

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2022/0 ... anal-beads
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:19 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
Thank you, I'm counting on you, don't let me down. :D
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
It's 5am, I've had a good nights sleep, I'm ready for the debacle post mortem.
I've been waiting patiently for any of the MAGA/MAGA adjacent/Trump apologist, or simply anti-Dem, folks on here to tell us what they saw. So, far, I haven't seen any even admit they watched...

Salty made a snide comment about Taylor Swift's endorsement, but hasn't shared any actual impressions of the performances by either candidate. I'm expecting something akin to "she didn't answer all the questions directly, she didn't explain why some of her positions have changed over time...and he's right about Ukraine and Israel and China etc"... maybe some complaining that moderators fact checked him more than her, (I haven't yet heard that they gave him too much air time...he spoke for 5 minutes more than her),

But nothing really about what a disaster this was for Trump, how obviously incompetent he is, the mess he created for himself at each turn, goaded along by Harris. Absolutely played him like a fiddle. And most damning, she pointed out that this is what foreign leaders tell her, how easy he is to manipulate, how his own top defense and security people believe he is a disgrace" and "dangerous".

The contrast was stark and obvious.
But over 40% of Americans will ignore his incompetence, his ignorance and his serious mental decline.
That's inevitable and it's really indeed "quite troubling".

I thought she took him apart masterfully.

But he hasn't said anything...nor has anyone else in adjacent/apologist land.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
I've been waiting patiently for any of the MAGA/MAGA adjacent/Trump apologist, or simply anti-Dem, folks on here to tell us what they saw. So, far, I haven't seen any even admit they watched...

Salty made a snide comment about Taylor Swift's endorsement, but hasn't shared any actual impressions of the performances by either candidate. I'm expecting something akin to "she didn't answer all the questions directly, she didn't explain why some of her positions have changed over time...and he's right about Ukraine and Israel and China etc"... maybe some complaining that moderators fact checked him more than her, (I haven't yet herd that they gave him too much air time...he spoke for 5 minutes more than her),

But nothing really about what a disaster this was for Trump, how obviously incompetent he is, the mess he created for himself at each turn, goaded along by Harris. Absolutely played him like a fiddle. And most damning, she pointed out that this is what foreign leaders tell her, how easy he is to manipulate, how his own top defense and security people believe he is a disgrace" and "dangerous".

But over 40% of Americans will ignore his incompetence, his ignorance and his serious mental decline.

But he hasn't said...nor has anyone else in adjacent/apologist land.
I have been scrolling through social media....still have not watched it.

1. CNN post panel clip: Woman states, I am not listening to what they say, but what they each have done while in office and at which point I was better off.

2. Dr. Phil had a behavioral scientists who interviewed people for the FBI and body language expert who was a grammy award winner: they both shared how lopsided the questions were posed and in the manner in which they were asked.

3. Zero facts checks for one, but many for another...when it was clear they both fibbed.

I could on, but it seems the narrative will be the media set up Trump in a 3v1 debate by just lobbing grenades at him and put him on the defensive...and at the end of the day, the media were the ones that looked more foolish, which made many voters empathize more for Trump by being attacked, while they ignored how poorly he responded.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Salty made a snide comment about Taylor Swift's endorsement, but hasn't shared any actual impressions of the performances by either candidate. I'm expecting something akin to "she didn't answer all the questions directly, she didn't explain why some of her positions have changed over time...and he's right about Ukraine and Israel and China etc"... maybe some complaining that moderators fact checked him more than her, (I haven't yet herd that they gave him too much air time...he spoke for 5 minutes more than her),

The majority opinion from what I read agrees with you. I would like Kamala to now grab the bull by the horns and define what her foreign policy might look like. As of today the voters have no clue how she will address the plethora of dicey situations going on in the world. One example is Iran supplying Russia with ballistic missiles they can launch on Ukraine. How will her administration address that issue? Will her administration allow Ukraine to launch long range ground to ground missiles at targets in Russia? How will her administration deal with Chinese aggression in the Pacific? Will she stand by the Philippines? Will she defend Taiwan? Will she defend Japan? What will her policy be concerning Israel and her enemies? What will her administration do about leaving Iraq? What will her administration do to prevent Yemen from firing missiles at shipping in the Red Sea? The list goes on and on. Haven't heard a peep yet. I guess it's not on her radar yet?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:09 am I have been scrolling through social media....still have not watched it.

1. CNN post panel clip: Woman states, I am not listening to what they say, but what they each have done while in office and at which point I was better off.

2. Dr. Phil had a behavioral scientists who interviewed people for the FBI and body language expert who was a grammy award winner: they both shared how lopsided the questions were posed and in the manner in which they were asked.

3. Zero facts checks for one, but many for another...when it was clear they both fibbed.

I could on, but it seems the narrative will be the media set up Trump in a 3v1 debate by just lobbing grenades at him and put him on the defensive...and at the end of the day, the media were the ones that looked more foolish, which made many voters empathize more for Trump by being attacked, while they ignored how poorly he responded.
Social media is such a fantastic source for truth and facts. Leon Musk told you that all during the debate all night long.
Dr. Phil is as big a buffoon as Orange Fatso

If you really feel this way about the media then vote for Fatso and he can hook all of their broadcast licenses after he's elected. :lol:

Can also ban women wearing earrings during broadcasts which could be adapted to secretly transmit answers to questions in advance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typically I don't watch this stuff but decided last night I should and did.
Maddow and crew (I like Nicole Wallace...sharp gal) had Walz on after the
debate, it's the first time I've heard him speak (I honestly don't watch the
schidt show that is politics). Found him to be very likable and down to earth.
He was asked if he thought Kamala should debate Gold Toilet again if the opportunity
presents itself. His answer was she should debate him every day if she has
the opportunity. He was sooooooooooooooo right, I completely agree.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I recall Trump getting a real time fact check on (i) born babies being murdered, (ii) migrants kidnapping pets in Ohio for food, and (iii) claiming he won the 2020 election overall and in WI, GA and PA specifically. What else did he get fact checked on?

Cmon.

If KH told crazy whoppers like that, she would have gotten a smack down fact check on those in real time.

Both KH and Trump both had plenty of normal level "fibs" and flubs that went unchecked.

Please give us the example of the most specific outrageous lie of similar magnitude that KH told last night that did not get a fact check.

I thought the questions were pretty obvious, open ended and almost generic. Border, inflation, economy, tarrifs, healthcare, energy, fracking, climate change, who won the 2020 election, Ukraine, Gaza. Trump could have prepared for those softballs and given down the middle, fact-based answers. He was the one who chose to veer off into ditches and rabbit holes.

Love how you are posting your opinions without actually seeing the event. Totally on brand fact free MAGA BS. "People are saying...."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:09 am

Youth...come on man. Stop buying what the morons are selling and watch the debate if it's important to you. You know better.

Surprised you didn't parrot the TinFoilHat "earring" nonsense. As if talking about issues is SO hard, Kamala needs help. :roll:

Naturally, they don't care that you can't see Trump's ears to see if he's also "cheating". I'm so sick of how stupid these Americans have become.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:53 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:09 am

Youth...come on man. Stop buying what the morons are selling and watch the debate if it's important to you. You know better.

Surprised you didn't parrot the TinFoilHat "earring" nonsense. As if talking about issues is SO hard, Kamala needs help. :roll:

Naturally, they don't care that you can't see Trump's ears to see if he's also "cheating". I'm so sick of how stupid these Americans have become.
I was merely sharing the pulse of what Social media is absorbing and pushing out...how it was interpreted that "I" believed this was an assumption on the reader.
~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:59 am I was merely sharing the pulse of what Social media is absorbing and pushing out...how it was interpreted that "I" believed this was an assumption on the reader.
You mean the pulse of your very narrow sliver of Social Media spoon feeds certain things to you.

And I guess that CNN panel lady also forgot the entire last year of Trump's presidency?

Some social media posts are describing the debate as Kamal committing "elder abuse" with Trump's flailing and her smackdown.

Return to “POLITICS”