The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:25 am
... Trump is not the problem. It is his fascist voting block.

Exactly; Trump can die today and the movement -- and the movement's effects on primaries, the gerrymandered districts, and on its relentless need for extremist candidates, will persist into the future. The movement is the multiheaded snake; Trump is just selling the snake oil for now.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:35 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the Horst Wessell-ization of the incident and the then-President's part in it;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

the Right's effort to transform this into a Reichstag burning.

Look at the comments:

Your friend #bubblebathgirl: "J6 was a hoax orchestrated by the Democrats."

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
You are proving my point, this is not what Leadership looks like.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

Look at the comments:

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:20 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

You are correct here, YA.

But I warned you that your behavior and the behavior of your party would make this happen. You told everyone that they had TDS when they criticized stuff like what Joe just ran in his AD.

What did I tell you when Trump was saying and doing insane things, and you and your buds didn't care and/or cheered it on?

That this would lower the bar in America. For media, politics, discourse, all of it. All would be lowered by folks rationalizing what a Dem Potus does, EXACTLY as you and your R crew did when Trump did it.

And here we are. Next time? Call this sh(t out when YOUR guy does it. Too late for that now, my man........
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:21 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

But I warned you that your behavior and the behavior of your party would make this happen. You told everyone that they had TDS when they criticized stuff like what Joe just ran in his AD.

What did I tell you when Trump was saying and doing insane things, and you and your buds didn't care and/or cheered it on?

That this would lower the bar in America. For media, politics, discourse, all of it. All would be lowered by folks rationalizing what a Dem Potus does, EXACTLY as you and your R crew did when Trump did it.

And here we are. Next time? Call this sh(t out when YOUR guy does it. Too late for that now, my man........
Politicians calling each other names goes back to the beginning of this country. Adulterers, thieves, reprobates, you name it, somebody leveled the charge at their opponent. IMHO, only one party has attacked the other party's voters. Trump didn't call middle Americans bitter clingers or deplorable. In fact, he's been fairly careful to not malign the voters, irrespective of party. Many Obama voters switched to Trump in 2016. Politicians are fair game but you make it personal when you talk about voters.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Here's my question to you? What exactly is YOUR point? To "correct" him because he posts something as a part of the discussion that runs contrary to to your preferred narrative? Just because it goes contrary to your political values, does not mean that YA is "brain-smothered and shaped by anti-democratic claptrap" I mean YA is attempting the further the discussion, you don't like what he has to say, so the automatic retort is to trivialize a poster's attempt to further the discussion. I seriously doubt the these posts are in attempt to put one over on you and other posters on this site. It runs contrary to the preferred narrative, so therefore it must be marginalized. I just don't understand, but you know what maybe I don't want to understand. Because what I'm seeing is not a "discussion", it's an attack on an opposing viewpoint. It's consistent, and I should know better than to hope for that to change. SMH. :roll: :roll:

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:02 pm Politicians calling each other names goes back to the beginning of this country. Adulterers, thieves, reprobates, you name it, somebody leveled the charge at their opponent. IMHO, only one party has attacked the other party's voters.
Again: you can't be serious. I could list Republicans calling liberal voters and the like as enemies to America and worse until the cows come home. It would make this site crash.
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:02 pm Trump didn't call middle Americans bitter clingers or deplorable. In fact, he's been fairly careful to not malign the voters, irrespective of party.
Tell you what: for every comment or tweet where Trump hits different classes of voters (liberals, Jewish liberals, BLM, "woke", Democrats, etc), you give me $1,000.

Deal?

Yes, this is a trick. I'd own your house in about five minutes. ;)
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:02 pm Many Obama voters switched to Trump in 2016. Politicians are fair game but you make it personal when you talk about voters.
Clearly not. Republicans have been all over everything from BLM supporters to liberals to teachers to scientists to Californians to Blue States..... I have no idea what you're watching that you don't notice your party hitting voters, claiming they are making the world fall apart.

I TOTALLY agree that the DUMBEST thing Hillary did was do her "basket of deplorables" thing....but Republicans and Trump hit various groups of Americans all day long, my man.
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: Communists can't tolerate a 2 party system.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Wrong.

Fascists can’t handle two parties.

They can’t handle competition. They also can’t handle the truth.

That’s why they Big Lie and gaslight and propagandize until all opposition is gone.

Which is pretty much what Salty does here on a daily basis.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:31 pm Wrong.

That’s why they Big Lie and gaslight and propagandize until all opposition is gone.

vindictiveness is a bad shade of purple. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Joe
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:51 pm :lol: Communists can't tolerate a 2 party system.
:lol: :lol:
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:38 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:51 pm :lol: Communists can't tolerate a 2 party system.
:lol: :lol:
Which is why you commies both feed from the Federal Government instead of the private market, and want the R's to run everything, and for Trump to (again) double the size of government when he gets in.

Hey....you fellas started it! :lol: ;)

(like you both, I and KIDDING you....no malice intended)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:15 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Here's my question to you? What exactly is YOUR point? To "correct" him because he posts something as a part of the discussion that runs contrary to to your preferred narrative? Just because it goes contrary to your political values, does not mean that YA is "brain-smothered and shaped by anti-democratic claptrap" I mean YA is attempting the further the discussion, you don't like what he has to say, so the automatic retort is to trivialize a poster's attempt to further the discussion. I seriously doubt the these posts are in attempt to put one over on you and other posters on this site. It runs contrary to the preferred narrative, so therefore it must be marginalized. I just don't understand, but you know what maybe I don't want to understand. Because what I'm seeing is not a "discussion", it's an attack on an opposing viewpoint. It's consistent, and I should know better than to hope for that to change. SMH. :roll: :roll:

Joe
My point is simple and right there before you. There is nothing wrong with the Biden campaign pointing out that Trump's and his acolytes' efforts to sanitize the assault on the Capitol and the disruption of the certification of the Presidential electoral vote tally on January 6 is wrong. This is Beer Hall Putsch stuff, plain and simple -- an effort to disguise seditious and unlawful activity and conduct under a banner of routine political expression. It is not an absence of "leadership" for the leader of the world's foremost self-governing society to call out those sanitizing efforts for what they are.

I am not -- and do me a favor and read this -- "correcting" YA. I am disagreeing with the stuff he posts because I believe it is misinformation, and I believe it is literally malignant to foist on us the notion that the J6 criminals are "political prisoners" and "hostages." I am doubtful he is trying to further the discussion; he is trying to make his point, a point with which I disagree. Argument among adults is discussion -- sometimes withering, sometimes heated, but discussion all the same.

Assume that the discussion is about -- and I don't think YA would ever say that sort of stuff -- a need to round up gay folks and concentrate them in camps and remove them from polite society. Is is then OK for me to "attack an opposing viewpoint? I think it is.

And so it is that I think it is OK to for me to push back on, or diminish or disparage an effort to recast history and make criminals out to be honest foot soldiers merely expressing their views by entering the Capitol, destroying property, spreading feces in the halls and offices, and disrupting the certification of an election the outcome of which they disagree with. And I think it is OK for someone running for a second term for the Presidency to do the same.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

ggait wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:31 pm Wrong.

Fascists are often the product of a merger between socialist government and big business. See Italy. Which is somewhat incompatible with populist nationalism. The only difference these days is that many on the left dislike the idea of a sovereign nation.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:51 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:15 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Joe
My point is simple and right there before you. There is nothing wrong with the Biden campaign pointing out that Trump's and his acolytes' efforts to sanitize the assault on the Capitol and the disruption of the certification of the Presidential electoral vote tally on January 6 is wrong. This is Beer Hall Putsch stuff, plain and simple -- an effort to disguise seditious and unlawful activity and conduct under a banner of routine political expression. It is not an absence of "leadership" for the leader of the world's foremost self-governing society to call out those sanitizing efforts for what they are.

I am not -- and do me a favor and read this -- "correcting" YA. I am disagreeing with the stuff he posts because I believe it is misinformation, and I believe it is literally malignant to foist on us the notion that the J6 criminals are "political prisoners" and "hostages." I am doubtful he is trying to further the discussion; he is trying to make his point, a point with which I disagree. Argument among adults is discussion -- sometimes withering, sometimes heated, but discussion all the same.

Assume that the discussion is about -- and I don't think YA would ever say that sort of stuff -- a need to round up gay folks and concentrate them in camps and remove them from polite society. Is is then OK for me to "attack an opposing viewpoint? I think it is.

And so it is that I think it is OK to for me to push back on, or diminish or disparage an effort to recast history and make criminals out to be honest foot soldiers merely expressing their views by entering the Capitol, destroying property, spreading feces in the halls and offices, and disrupting the certification of an election the outcome of which they disagree with. And I think it is OK for someone running for a second term for the Presidency to do the same.
That is right up there with saying Obama fostered racism because he acknowledged the fact that racial disparities still exists. You see the fact that he was elected POTUS proves there is no such thing as racism. He was just being divisive and race baiting…..he was supposed to unite us….That’s the mentality.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:02 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Politicians calling each other names goes back to the beginning of this country. Adulterers, thieves, reprobates, you name it, somebody leveled the charge at their opponent. IMHO, only one party has attacked the other party's voters. Trump didn't call middle Americans bitter clingers or deplorable. In fact, he's been fairly careful to not malign the voters, irrespective of party. Many Obama voters switched to Trump in 2016. Politicians are fair game but you make it personal when you talk about voters.
... another comedian. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:14 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Calling deplorable people deplorable was outrageous …. This was more acceptable: https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-strategy
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:14 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Calling deplorable people deplorable was outrageous …. This was more acceptable: https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-strategy
Well, he did study at the knee of Roy Cohn, er Senator Palpatine...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:20 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
Both sides do it doesn’t address the risk appropriately however. It’s a “no sh*t” rebuttal. Ok and then what?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”