The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: 2024

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:22 am
https://www.nationalreview.com/2024/06/ ... t-vp-pick/

Nikki Haley Is Still the Strongest VP Pick

by RICH LOWRY, June 17, 2024

As far as we know, Nikki Haley isn’t on the short list, nor on the long list.

There’s no indication that she’s being considered as Trump’s VP pick, and Trump forcefully smacked down a report in Axios that the campaign was looking at her.

She’d still probably be the choice who, more than any other possible pick, would help Trump win in November.

By conventional rules, the former South Carolina governor’s getting the nod would be so obvious as to be completely unremarkable — she’s the runner-up in the nomination fight; she represents a different faction of the party; she provides demographic balance; she has executive and foreign-policy experience; and she’s ready, to the extent this can be judged by résumé and experience, to be president.

Kevin McCarthy Argues Haley Is the ‘Right Person’ to Serve as Trump’s VP

Paint-by-number politics would make her a top contender, if not a shoo-in.

If, that is, she hadn’t criticized Trump in harsh and personal terms during her primary campaign. It’s one thing to criticize another candidate’s tax plan; another to say he’s “diminished,” “unhinged,” “saying things that don’t make sense,” and “not qualified” to be president.

Any nominee would have a hard time swallowing those types of gibes, and Donald Trump is, shall we say, more sensitive to slights than most.

Trump gave as good as he got, turning what should have been a celebratory event the night he won the New Hampshire primary into an anti-Haley revival meeting.

All of this, though, is why her selection would be a shock and a potentially galvanizing moment in the campaign — it would show Trump to be willing to forgive and forget and put aside his personal feelings in the cause of saving the country from a second Biden term.

It would be an extraordinary grace note from someone the public doesn’t expect that from (although Trump does fairly often bury the hatchet with former critics).

Both Haley and Trump would have explaining to do, Haley more than Trump. He could just say that campaigning is a tough business, and, sure, she said lots of tough things about him, but beating Biden is more important than dwelling on the past. Haley would be forced by the media to do word-by-word exegeses of all her Trump attacks. Her out would be explaining that, whatever she said about Trump, Biden is worse.

Picking Haley would be an olive branch to a small group of Republican-inclined voters who aren’t ready to support Trump. It’s possible to exaggerate the import of the “zombie” Haley vote in the GOP primaries, given that the zombie dynamic is a common one in primaries and a significant element of her support is coming from 2020 Biden voters. But she definitely has appeal to college-educated and suburban voters with whom Trump is weak, and anything that helps at the margins could be decisive in a narrow race.

Going with Haley would open up some wallets. She has her own base within the donor class that would be enthused about her pick and newly determined to do whatever it takes to see the ticket prevail.

A downside is that she has become a hate figure for the MAGA base. Let’s not forget, though, that Trump, although he’s wary of crossing his base, is ultimately the most important influence on what his supporters think. If he says that Haley is the best pick politically, they will go along.

Relatedly, there’s the question of whether Trump could trust in such a sensitive position an emphatically pre-MAGA Republican who hasn’t bent the knee. That’d be an issue. But Haley would have every incentive to be loyal unless the wheels come off during the campaign or a second term — and if the wheels come off, Haley’s posture would be the least of Trump’s troubles.

These are all imponderables, but if Trump wins again and finishes strong in 2028, there’d certainly be a market for a more MAGA candidate in 2028 than Nikki Haley, and if Trump crashes and burns in a second term, it’d be hard for Vice President Haley to escape the wreckage.

Maybe it’d be a shortsighted pick for Trump’s governing purposes, but if it helps him prevail in November, how much does that matter? The Trump approach to life is to get through one obstacle before worrying about the next, and dealing with a vice president he’s not enamored of when he’s back in the White House would be a good problem to have.
While the article mentions it, it basically dismisses the importance of that most important of criteria in Trumpland: she has yet to go to Mar-A-Lago, genuflect in front of the Great Orange One, kiss his ring, admit to her failures, and pledge eternal allegiance; willing to lay down her life for the great MAGA cause.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What would happen if Trump selects a Democrat as VP...someone like Sheldon Whitehouse? A fiscally minded chair on the budget and international narcotics committee.

Does that pull d votes from Biden or , entice excitement about working across the isle, make MAGA pissed off?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:59 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:35 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the Horst Wessell-ization of the incident and the then-President's part in it;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

the Right's effort to transform this into a Reichstag burning.

Look at the comments:

Your friend #bubblebathgirl: "J6 was a hoax orchestrated by the Democrats."

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
You are proving my point, this is not what Leadership looks like.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
I believe the medical community refers to it as tunnel vision. The only good Republican is one that always agrees with Democrats 100% of the time. We have a beloved forum member who demonstrates that fact almost every time he posts. Ron and Tip disagreed about the time of day. The bottom line is they worked together for their own mutual benefit. The exception was their agreement at the southern border. Amnesty for 38 million illegals and rock solid security at the southern border. 40 years later the nation is still waiting for the promise of securing the southern border. 40 years later the DC establishment has no interest in keeping their promise to the American people. 40 years later nobody really cares anymore. The logic is that these immigrants coming into our country will do the work Americans are no longer willing to do. How many millions of people does it take to accomplish that?
What medical community-that’s a colloquialism not something the medical community would use to describe anything

Jesus your turning into Oswald bates more by the day

https://youtu.be/hKAZg5S_XgU?si=VUTyZ5EEFZ7RUZVN
Coming from you that is a compliment. The point sailed right over your head because you let yourself become all discombobulated after the first sentence. Your better off sticking with finance and business. Have a wonderful Father's Day.
So you say I’m all finance and ignore the myriad of references to literature, theater, philosophy and psychology or having played two college sports (one as filler for one year but I still Bo Jackson’d that s**t the best a white drunk kid could).

Nothing sails over my head. Are you familiar with this term?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychol ... projection
When you start quoting Plato then I will know you've gone too far. Suddenly business and finance sounds fascinating. :D
I could quote Tupac if you’d prefer.

Now it’s all about versace
You copied my style
Five shots couldn’t drop me
I took it and smiled,
Now I’m about to set the record straight
With my AK I’m still the thug that you love to hate
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 pm
get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

Look at the comments:

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
I believe the medical community refers to it as tunnel vision. The only good Republican is one that always agrees with Democrats 100% of the time. We have a beloved forum member who demonstrates that fact almost every time he posts. Ron and Tip disagreed about the time of day. The bottom line is they worked together for their own mutual benefit. The exception was their agreement at the southern border. Amnesty for 38 million illegals and rock solid security at the southern border. 40 years later the nation is still waiting for the promise of securing the southern border. 40 years later the DC establishment has no interest in keeping their promise to the American people. 40 years later nobody really cares anymore. The logic is that these immigrants coming into our country will do the work Americans are no longer willing to do. How many millions of people does it take to accomplish that?
What medical community-that’s a colloquialism not something the medical community would use to describe anything

Coming from you that is a compliment. The point sailed right over your head because you let yourself become all discombobulated after the first sentence. Your better off sticking with finance and business. Have a wonderful Father's Day.
Maybe he doesn't know what Macular Degeneration is :lol: I am 100% for immigration on a large scale. I think we should take as many hard working people from other countries as we can legally and safely. We already bring in around 1 million annually. Part of safely is is being sure we properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic, which in my mind is almost as important as protecting individual citizens.
Why does your cadence, tone, arguments and approach here feel so familiar.

Like. Maybe, Peter brown?
Too funny. You live closer by about 160 miles to Naples than I do. PM me next time you're coming to Greenville and I'll buy you a drink at Vault and Vator.

https://www.vaultandvator.com/
Got a guy coming from Gville for lunch today. He’s like a hour ahead has to sit for my prior call but about to get “Vortexed”. It’s no king pizza buffet it’ll do. Don’t know that spot I tend to stay close to in law grandparents right around corner from Cleveland park or Ceasars head but the growth has been almost too much. Lots of new sports have blossomed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:33 am
get it to x wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 pm
get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:14 am
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Maybe he doesn't know what Macular Degeneration is :lol: I am 100% for immigration on a large scale. I think we should take as many hard working people from other countries as we can legally and safely. We already bring in around 1 million annually. Part of safely is is being sure we properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic, which in my mind is almost as important as protecting individual citizens.
Why does your cadence, tone, arguments and approach here feel so familiar.

Like. Maybe, Peter brown?
Too funny. You live closer by about 160 miles to Naples than I do. PM me next time you're coming to Greenville and I'll buy you a drink at Vault and Vator.

https://www.vaultandvator.com/
I thought your comment, get it to X, was quite reasonable, though I'd like to confirm that you agree that when you say "legally and safely", the "legally" part is whatever much larger number we wish to "take". We're obviously restraining this number well below the desire of "hard working people from other countries" who wish to come. If you truly mean "as we can" does this mean a much larger number? I think so, you?

I also assume that by "safely" you include screening for obvious danger based on prior violent convictions and/or involvement in terror organizations, but not based on more general fears of those looking, speaking, or praying differently? If so, we agree.

The other part of "properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic" may or may not contain some dog whistles, conscious or unconscious". Certainly the process of obtaining citizenship should and does require knowledge of America, its civics and history, indeed well beyond what the average native born American knows (though they too should!). Agree?

Seems to me that one of the problems of having people migrate but without entering into a path for citizenship is that this "assimilate" aspect of studying to attain such knowledge may or may not happen. Indeed, way less likely, I'd think, if needing to scramble in a black market economy for enough work that they and their family can subsist, rather than being able to compete for work without such fear. Hope of citizenship is a powerful motivator, I'd think.

I agree with the posters who commented about how poorly we do in educating our native-born citizens in civics and history. Including some critical analysis skills. That's a much larger problem, seems to me, than immigrants coming to America for a better life.

Take for instance this claim that Reagan gave "amnesty for 38 million illegals". Actually less than 3 million, about 2.9.as allowed by 1986 Simpson Mazzoli bill that addressed all sorts of reform. The 2.9 million was most anyone who had entered prior to 1982. Plus later by executive action, Reagan added the children of about 100,000 families who should have been included in the bill, but had been missed. They then entered into the citizenship process and have generally prospered quite successfully. Oh the horror, right?

We have something in the neighborhood of 12 million undocumented in America today. That's less than 4% of the total US population.
Legally and safely so just nimby on a larger scale.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:46 am Umm, OK:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/08/us/r ... -loss.html

I"n 2010, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was experiencing memory loss and mental fogginess so severe that a friend grew concerned he might have a brain tumor. Mr. Kennedy said he consulted several of the country’s top neurologists, many of whom had either treated or spoken to his uncle, Senator Edward M. Kennedy, before his death the previous year of brain cancer.

Several doctors noticed a dark spot on the younger Mr. Kennedy’s brain scans and concluded that he had a tumor, he said in a 2012 deposition reviewed by The New York Times. Mr. Kennedy was immediately scheduled for a procedure at Duke University Medical Center by the same surgeon who had operated on his uncle, he said.

While packing for the trip, he said, he received a call from a doctor at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital who had a different opinion: Mr. Kennedy, he believed, had a dead parasite in his head.

The doctor believed that the abnormality seen on his scans “was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,” Mr. Kennedy said in the deposition.

Now an independent presidential candidate, the 70-year-old Mr. Kennedy has portrayed his athleticism and relative youth as an advantage over the two oldest people to ever seek the White House: President Biden, 81, and former President Donald J. Trump, 77. Mr. Kennedy has secured a place on the ballots in Utah, Michigan, Hawaii and, his campaign says, California and Delaware. His intensive efforts to gain access in more states could put him in a position to tip the election.

He has gone to lengths to appear hale, skiing with a professional snowboarder and with an Olympic gold medalist who called him a “ripper” as they raced down the mountain. A camera crew was at his side while he lifted weights, shirtless, at an outdoor gym in Venice Beach.

Still, over the years, he has faced serious health issues, some previously undisclosed, including the apparent parasite.

For decades, Mr. Kennedy suffered from atrial fibrillation, a common heartbeat abnormality that increases the risk of stroke or heart failure. He has been hospitalized at least four times for episodes, although in an interview with The Times this winter, he said he had not had an incident in more than a decade and believed the condition had disappeared.

About the same time he learned of the parasite, he said, he was also diagnosed with mercury poisoning, most likely from ingesting too much fish containing the dangerous heavy metal, which can cause serious neurological issues.

“I have cognitive problems, clearly,” he said in the 2012 deposition. “I have short-term memory loss, and I have longer-term memory loss that affects me.”

In the interview with The Times, he said he had recovered from the memory loss and fogginess and had no aftereffects from the parasite, which he said had not required treatment. Asked last week if any of Mr. Kennedy’s health issues could compromise his fitness for the presidency, Stefanie Spear, a spokeswoman for the Kennedy campaign, told The Times, “That is a hilarious suggestion, given the competition.”

The campaign declined to provide his medical records to The Times. Neither President Biden nor Mr. Trump has released medical records in this election cycle.

Doctors who have treated parasitic infections and mercury poisoning said both conditions can sometimes permanently damage brain function, but patients also can have temporary symptoms and mount a full recovery.

Some of Mr. Kennedy’s health issues were revealed in the 2012 deposition, which he gave during divorce proceedings from his second wife, Mary Richardson Kennedy. At the time, Mr. Kennedy was arguing that his earning power had been diminished by his cognitive struggles.

Mr. Kennedy provided more details, including about the apparent parasite, in the phone interview with The Times, conducted when he was on the cusp of getting on his first state ballot. His campaign declined to answer follow-up questions.

In the days after the 2010 call from NewYork-Presbyterian, Mr. Kennedy said in the interview, he underwent a battery of tests. Scans over many weeks showed no change in the spot on his brain, he said.

Doctors ultimately concluded that the cyst they saw on scans contained the remains of a parasite. Mr. Kennedy said that he did not know the type of parasite or where he might have contracted it, though he suspected it might have been during a trip through South Asia.

Several infectious disease experts and neurosurgeons said in separate interviews with The Times that, based on what Mr. Kennedy described, they believed it was likely a pork tapeworm larva. The doctors have not treated Mr. Kennedy and were speaking generally.

Dr. Clinton White, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, said microscopic tapeworm eggs are sticky and easily transferred from one person to another. Once hatched, the larvae can travel in the bloodstream, he said, “and end up in all kinds of tissues.”

Though it is impossible to know, he added that it is unlikely that a parasite would eat a part of the brain, as Mr. Kennedy described. Rather, Dr. White said, it survives on nutrients from the body. Unlike tapeworm larvae in the intestines, those in the brain remain relatively small, about a third of an inch.

Some tapeworm larvae can live in a human brain for years without causing problems. Others can wreak havoc, often when they start to die, which causes inflammation. The most common symptoms are seizures, headaches and dizziness.

There are roughly 2,000 hospitalizations for the condition, known as neurocysticercosis, each year in the United States, according to the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases.

Scott Gardner, curator of the Manter Laboratory for Parasitology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, said that once any worm is in a brain, cells calcify around it. “And you’re going to basically have almost like a tumor that’s there forever. It’s not going to go anywhere.”

Dr. Gardner said it was possible a worm would cause memory loss. However, severe memory loss is more often associated with another health scare Mr. Kennedy said he had at the time: mercury poisoning.

Mr. Kennedy said he was then subsisting on a diet heavy on predatory fish, notably tuna and perch, both known to have elevated mercury levels. In the interview with The Times, he said that he had experienced “severe brain fog” and had trouble retrieving words. Mr. Kennedy, an environmental lawyer who has railed against the dangers of mercury contamination in fish from coal-fired power plants, had his blood tested.

He said the tests showed his mercury levels were 10 times what the Environmental Protection Agency considers safe.

At the time, Mr. Kennedy also was a few years into his crusade against thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines. He is a longtime vaccine skeptic who has falsely linked childhood inoculations to a rise in autism, as well as to other medical conditions.
In the interview, Mr. Kennedy said he was certain his diet had caused the poisoning. “I loved tuna fish sandwiches. I ate them all the time,” he said.

The Times described Mr. Kennedy’s symptoms to Elsie Sunderland, an environmental chemist at Harvard who has not spoken to Mr. Kennedy and responded generally about the condition.

She said the mercury levels that Mr. Kennedy described were high, but not surprising for someone consuming that quantity and type of seafood.

Mr. Kennedy said he made changes after these two health scares, including getting more sleep, traveling less and reducing his fish intake.

He also underwent chelation therapy, a treatment that binds to metals in the body so they can be expelled. It is generally given to people contaminated by metals, such as lead and zinc, in industrial accidents. Dr. Sunderland said that when mercury poisoning is clearly diet-related, she would simply recommend that the person stop eating fish. But another doctor who spoke to The Times said she would advise chelation therapy for the levels Mr. Kennedy said he had.

Mr. Kennedy’s heart issue began in college, he said, when it started beating out of sync.

In 2001 he was admitted to a hospital in Seattle while in town to give a speech, according to news reports. He was treated, and released the next day. He was hospitalized at least three additional times between September 2011 and early 2012, including once in Los Angeles, he said in the deposition. On that visit, he said, doctors used a defibrillator to shock his heart to reset the rhythm.

He said in the deposition that stress, caffeine and a lack of sleep triggered the condition. “It feels like there’s a bag of worms in my chest. I can feel immediately when it goes out,” he said.

He also said in the deposition and the interview that he had contracted hepatitis C through intravenous drug use in his youth. He said he had been treated and had no lingering effects from the infection.

Mr. Kennedy has spoken publicly about one other major health condition — spasmodic dysphonia, a neurological disorder that causes his vocal cords to squeeze too close together and explains his hoarse, sometimes strained voice.

He first noticed it when he was 42 years old, he said in the deposition. Mr. Kennedy for years made a significant amount of money giving speeches, and that business fell off as the condition worsened, he said.

He told an interviewer last year that he had recently undergone a procedure available in Japan to implant titanium between his vocal cords to keep them from involuntarily constricting."
I am about 90 minutes in on this long form interview podcast. I was considering skipping it for a few reasons, but I have learned to appreciate him a bit more. He has some really great stories, life struggles, admitting and in depth disclosure on his drug use, life as a young child as a Kennedy, and much more.

Worth the listen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAuYKHAGLOA
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

If the 34 count felon & 2xIMPOTUS o d doesnt sweep the floor with Sleepy Joe at the debate what does that say about him?

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/us-news/v ... ates-poll/

‘Person, woman, man, camera, TV.’
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88a wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:44 pm If the 34 count felon & 2xIMPOTUS o d doesnt sweep the floor with Sleepy Joe at the debate what does that say about him?

Good old New York Post and Ruppie Murdoch
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:44 pm If the 34 count felon & 2xIMPOTUS o d doesnt sweep the floor with Sleepy Joe at the debate what does that say about him?

The disinformation campaign known as Trump 2024 is making headway; you can see it among the folks here drunk on their social media feeds.

Remember the State of the Union? His speech at Pointe du Hoc. Now pan over to Trump at nearly any venue: electrocuted sharks, deportation mania, water pressure in the sinks and baths of America, and of course the Big Lie and his recent loss to "Obama." We will deserve it if we elect the Orange Moron.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:08 pm

The disinformation campaign known as Trump 2024 is making headway; you can see it among the folks here drunk on their social media feeds.

Remember the State of the Union? His speech at Pointe du Hoc. Now pan over to Trump at nearly any venue: electrocuted sharks, deportation mania, water pressure in the sinks and baths of America, and of course the Big Lie and his recent loss to "Obama." We will deserve it if we elect the Orange Moron.
👍
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:14 pm

👍
Democrats are fortunate that DFJ didn't wander away and fall off of the cliffs. Rumor is that DFJ support team is considering attaching a dummy cord to him to prevent him from wandering off like a puppy. I'm guessing they inserted a computer chip in his neck. IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE. REWARD!! :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:35 am

👍
Democrats are fortunate that DFJ didn't wander away and fall off of the cliffs. Rumor is that DFJ support team is considering attaching a dummy cord to him to prevent him from wandering off like a puppy. I'm guessing they inserted a computer chip in his neck. IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE. REWARD!! :D
The bar is set low for the debate. The rules actually favor Trump if he follows them. If Joe starts hollering gibberish with his mike turned off Trump should just fold his arms and wait. Let's see if Jake and Dana actually moderate.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:35 am

👍
The bar is set low for the debate. The rules actually favor Trump if he follows them. If Joe starts hollering gibberish with his mike turned off Trump should just fold his arms and wait. Let's see if Jake and Dana actually moderate.
This potential debacle certainly will not represent a traditional presidential debate. Who would a thunk the media would be forced to mute the microphone of whichever chuckle head wasn't speaking. I wonder if they have a bleep button in place. Both candidates are famous for their potty mouth. :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Will be interesting to see polling after debate: https://x.com/vigilantfox/status/180434 ... a82I2GssRg

Based on this, you’d expect numbers to go down.
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:52 am Will be interesting to see polling after debate: https://x.com/vigilantfox/status/180434 ... a82I2GssRg

Bidens biggest weakness was his disastrous policy at the southern border. Three and a half years later Biden tries a half assed attempt at a half assed solution at the southern border. He then has the giblets to try and lay blame for his failure on the Republicans. I expect trump to hammer Biden hard and often. Joes horrific failure at the southern border is about to come back to bite him in the ass. It seems like every other day one of Joes guests he allowed in are allegedly responsible for horrendous and vicious crimes on the American people. Hell even the FLP forum members are struggling mightily trying to make up excuses for their boys failure. I always get a kick out of when you don't have a rational explanation you start spewing out stupid statistics. I remember the often heard liberal logic that if this law saves one life it is worth it. Too bad that liberal logic doesn't carry over to immigration policy. Liberals suddenly aren't as concerned about human life or protecting human life as they claim they are... :roll:
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:52 am Will be interesting to see polling after debate: https://x.com/vigilantfox/status/180434 ... a82I2GssRg

Bidens biggest weakness was his disastrous policy at the southern border. Three and a half years later Biden tries a half assed attempt at a half assed solution at the southern border. He then has the giblets to try and lay blame for his failure on the Republicans. I expect trump to hammer Biden hard and often. Joes horrific failure at the southern border is about to come back to bite him in the ass. It seems like every other day one of Joes guests he allowed in are allegedly responsible for horrendous and vicious crimes on the American people. Hell even the FLP forum members are struggling mightily trying to make up excuses for their boys failure. I always get a kick out of when you don't have a rational explanation you start spewing out stupid statistics. I remember the often heard liberal logic that if this law saves one life it is worth it. Too bad that liberal logic doesn't carry over to immigration policy. Liberals suddenly aren't as concerned about human life or protecting human life as they claim they are... :roll:
Democrats put their stake in the ground. They had full control from 2020 --> 2022, Biden canceled damned near every, if not all of Trumps work. They waited until the R's won back the House to start another partisan war to get us all riled-up so we could blame each other again.....we are pawns in a game of which we have no control.

I still say the only thing we may be able to do is for everyone to change party to "I", and in that same breath, no longer vote party lines....force them to listen and understand they no longer have a base to which they can pander. That also make gerrymandering even harder time goes by....unless most continue to vote their same party.
~Livy

ggait

Post by ggait »

Totally traditional debate. Good development. Absolutely necessary with trump on stage.

Basically the exact same format used for Nixon Kennedy.

Agree that it could help Trump. By restraining him from showing what a total jerk he is.

Hilarious but totally predictable that trump is now saying that Biden will be a good debater. The gop is bs and gaslight all the time, and nothing more.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:57 pm

Democrats put their stake in the ground. They had full control from 2020 --> 2022, Biden canceled damned near every, if not all of Trumps work. They waited until the R's won back the House to start another partisan war to get us all riled-up so we could blame each other again.....we are pawns in a game of which we have no control.

I still say the only thing we may be able to do is for everyone to change party to "I", and in that same breath, no longer vote party lines....force them to listen and understand they no longer have a base to which they can pander. That also make gerrymandering even harder time goes by....unless most continue to vote their same party.
kept the tax cuts in place. Don't forget that.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

WIll this be an issue in the outcome of the 2024 election, and should it concern us all? Seems to tie in to the question elsewhere on these boards about how many illegal/undocumented have arrived and where they are, currently.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/us-news/h ... o-stop-it/
~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:57 am WIll this be an issue in the outcome of the 2024 election, and should it concern us all? Seems to tie in to the question elsewhere on these boards about how many illegal/undocumented have arrived and where they are, currently.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/us-news/h ... o-stop-it/
How non-citizens are getting voter registration forms across the US — and how Republicans are trying to stop it

Here's a voter registration form illegal immigrants (and foreigners all over the globe) can get. First hit on Google. https://elections.ny.gov/system/files/d ... ection.pdf

Not sure what you want, they still have to get verified. If they're not a citizen, they don't get to vote.

Should people have to provide citizenship proof and whatnot before they can even see the form to fill out and send in?

Return to “POLITICS”