2021 Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
richard

Re: 2021 Tournament

Post by richard »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:21 pm Appreciate the feedback, but let us not forget the NCAA and the "eye test" doesn't really matter to them.

A win is a win (vs region or regionally ranked opponent) as you can win 15-14 or 25-0 the win (and loss) still count the same for their criteria in regards to picking teams. Margin of victory or eye test do not come into play (from years past) :!:
Yup. All that and strength of schedule. I’ve been bitching and moaning about selections for over twenty years. Are there regional rankings this year? They are the biggest crock of the whole system. Not that it means much this year with only two pool Cs. But in a normal year it’s BS.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Yea. I’m very interested in seeing who they select. Lots to consider. Quality wins. Schedule W-L’s. Games played. Then there’s the old “eye test”.

And as much as they said the at large bids will have nothing to do with regions, I can’t imagine there being both in one.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Does anyone have a list of the AQ’s or a feel for which teams are likely to be sent to each of the eight sites, depending on geography, seeding, travel etc.?
ergit

Post by ergit »

Dr. Pretorious wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:16 pm Does anyone have a list of the AQ’s or a feel for which teams are likely to be sent to each of the eight sites, depending on geography, seeding, travel etc.?
From IL:

Conference Winners

Atlantic East- Cabrini
Centennial- Franklin & Marshall
C2C- Salisbury
CCIW- Illinois Wesleyan
CSAC- Kean
Commonwealth Coast- Endicott
GNAC- Lasell
HCLC- Transylvania
Landmark- Catholic
Liberty- RIT
Little East- UMass-Boston
MIAA- Albion
MAC Commonwealth- York
MAC Freedom- Stevens
MLC- NW-St. Paul
NESCAC- Tufts
NEWMAC- Babson
NAC- SUNY Poly
NCAC- Denison
NACC- Benedictine
OAC- John Carroll
ODAC- Lynchburg
PAC- Grove City
Skyline- Maritime
SAA- Centre
SUNYAC- Cortland
USA South- Pfeiffer
Empire 8- Noon, Sunday: St. John fisher vs. Nazareth
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Given how much of a farce the Pool C bids were for the D-III women’s bracket, it’s worth noting that there is a nonzero chance none of this analysis matters! I half expect the NCAA to leave out all of the above teams and send Baldwin Wallace + North Central instead to “balance the regions” or whatever the idiotic logic is.
wscl44

Post by wscl44 »

Last edited by wscl44 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

wscl44 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:17 pm This is the last year the HCAC gets a pass, correct? Curious to see what happens to the conference's support of lacrosse once Transy goes elsewhere...
HCAC has Spalding (Kentucky) coming in for 2022
ULLaxLuver

Post by ULLaxLuver »

None of this matters dirty burg winning it all
SouthernLaxGenius

ULLaxLuver wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm None of this matters dirty burg winning it all
Sounds good

I shall send the memos to Medford, Rochester, Salisbury and York and remind them all to pack very light, if at all, for the duration of the rest of this month :D
wscl44

Post by wscl44 »

Last edited by wscl44 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fitzlax

Post by fitzlax »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm Given how much of a farce the Pool C bids were for the D-III women’s bracket, it’s worth noting that there is a nonzero chance none of this analysis matters! I half expect the NCAA to leave out all of the above teams and send Baldwin Wallace + North Central instead to “balance the regions” or whatever the idiotic logic is.
I don't see NCC getting a bid even with the regions in place. IMO, the 2 Midwest region's 8 slots will get IWU, Benedictine, NW-St Paul, Hope <Not sure why I thought Albion beat Hope>, Tranny, Centre, and Denison. That leaves 1 team, and I'm guessing they bring in Col College or John Carroll. No room for NCC.
Last edited by fitzlax on Sun May 09, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SouthernLaxGenius

fitzlax wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:06 pm I don't see NCC getting a bid even with the regions in place. IMO, the 2 Midwest region's 8 slots will get IWU, Benedictine, NW-St Paul, Albion, Tranny, Centre, and Denison. That leaves 1 team, and I'm guessing they bring in Col College or John Carroll. No room for NCC.
Fitz

You missed ah23 and the cynicism....I mean NESCAC humor ;)
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

ergit wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:24 pm
Dr. Pretorious wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:16 pm Does anyone have a list of the AQ’s or a feel for which teams are likely to be sent to each of the eight sites, depending on geography, seeding, travel etc.?
From IL:

Conference Winners

Atlantic East- Cabrini
Centennial- Franklin & Marshall
C2C- Salisbury
CCIW- Illinois Wesleyan
CSAC- Kean
Commonwealth Coast- Endicott
GNAC- Lasell
HCLC- Transylvania
Landmark- Catholic
Liberty- RIT
Little East- UMass-Boston
MIAA- Albion
MAC Commonwealth- York
MAC Freedom- Stevens
MLC- NW-St. Paul
NESCAC- Tufts
NEWMAC- Babson
NAC- SUNY Poly
NCAC- Denison
NACC- Benedictine
OAC- John Carroll
ODAC- Lynchburg
PAC- Grove City
Skyline- Maritime
SAA- Centre
SUNYAC- Cortland
USA South- Pfeiffer
Empire 8- Noon, Sunday: St. John fisher vs. Nazareth
Thank you.
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

Selection committee is utter garbage. Unbalanced pods that make no sense. Do they actually watch any of these games?
SouthernLaxGenius

Downhill Dodger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm Selection committee is utter garbage. Unbalanced pods that make no sense. Do they actually watch any of these games?
Comes down to $$$, travel/flights and region, etc.

Been like this for years and pretty standard, even with Covid this year.

The fact that Salisbury/Lynchburg and RIT/Tufts are on opposite sides of the bracket is fine by me and look like they are on a "collision course" to meet in the final 4
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Downhill Dodger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm Selection committee is utter garbage. Unbalanced pods that make no sense. Do they actually watch any of these games?
Comes down to $$$, travel/flights and region, etc.

Been like this for years and pretty standard, even with Covid this year.

The fact that Salisbury/Lynchburg and RIT/Tufts are on opposite sides of the bracket is fine by me and look like they are on a "collision course" to meet in the final 4
Agreed ... those are the 4 teams I suspect most of us would put at the top of the list as potential national champs. I had no problem with the bracket as I saw it unfold. Maybe some matchups will occur a round early than the rankings would suggest but by and large the 4 best teams in my opinion should hold serve to reach the Final Four.

Downhill... what are your biggest complaints? Maybe I missed something as the announcement came fast.
SouthernLaxGenius

Albion MIAA, Hope MIAA, same difference as conference champs I guess :lol:
richard

Post by richard »

Nosey, don’t you think that Salisbury, Cabrini bracket is a breeze compared to the Tufts bracket? Whichever team wins that second rounder should breeze to the semis. Meanwhile it looks like there are no sure things on the Tufts side. St JF, York are a tough lineup for Tufts.
SouthernLaxGenius

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm Selections will be tomorrow.

Other than the AQ's, if Colorado College has a lock on the only Pool B slot then (IMO), the 3 Pool C bids would look like:

Pool C

1-Christopher Newport
2- Stevenson
(both should get in)

3-Hampden Sydney ---> Washington and Lee---> St. Lawrence/OWU ---> Williams

Thoughts?
I'm an idiot and thought Pool C was 3 bids not 2. Whooops :oops:

:lol:

All these degrees and still cant count

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”