2021 Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
YCOLaxFanSU

Re: 2021 Tournament

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

After seeing what happened to Loyola today I think it is also important to point out that nobody has a free ride to the Finals this year. All it takes is one case and one of these teams, a contender even, will have to forfeit their game.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:48 pm Just curious as to who (in your opinion) would you drag from Lynchburg's side to Salisbury's side and exchange out? (keeping in mind cost, travel, etc) :?:
Well, I don’t know why it would have to be from the Lynchburg side. St JF, Tufts, F&M, York are all widely ranked in or around top 10. So I would definitely lighten that quadrant of the bracket. Sending York or F&M to the Salisbury quadrant (I don’t know where those games are each taking place to try and find you a perfect musical chairs matchup).

York’s in the Tufts quadrant but their first game against Lasell (from MA) is taking place in Lancaster PA at F&M, so travel seems to have some level of leeway.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:51 pm
richard wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm Nosey, don’t you think that Salisbury, Cabrini bracket is a breeze compared to the Tufts bracket? Whichever team wins that second rounder should breeze to the semis. Meanwhile it looks like there are no sure things on the Tufts side. St JF, York are a tough lineup for Tufts.
I think the RIT bracket looks soft too. Granted Tufts and to a lesser extent, Lynchburg path would seem harder than the other 2 but as I said, the 4 teams that are generally thought to have true national champion potential have a path they should be able to navigate successfully. If they can’t then guess what .... they weren’t as good as we thought they were. And so what, York plays F&M earlier than the rankings would suggest. We all know the mileage has always played a part. Get over it. It’s not changing... we hear the same thing every year from the whiners that get a tough matchup early and want to complain about the grass being greener in so and sos bracket. Zzzzzzzz

The die is cast.. time to stop talking about it and just go play. Want to be the best, you gotta.....
Lynchburg is in the South. The North bracket has 3 of the top 5 contenders, perhaps you are reading it incorrectly?
Unknown.. not sure what you mean. I read it that RIT, Tufts, Salisbury and Lynchburg are all in different quadrants so all 4 can make the Final Four. Do I have that wrong?
richard

Post by richard »

The winner of the Salisbury Cabrini gets the free ride to the semifinals courtesy of the selection committee. As nosey says above about Tufts, it is not supposed to happen that way.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

richard wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 pm The winner of the Salisbury Cabrini gets the free ride to the semifinals courtesy of the selection committee. As nosey says above about Tufts, it is not supposed to happen that way.
So I'm assuming everyone has an issue with IWU being in that portion of the bracket.

The only team that could possibly be swapped out would be Christopher Newport (without the same chatter going on to this extent), but why do that when the first and second round of that pod (IWU is in) is at IWU and you have 4 "midwest" teams (represented by Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota)that are in the NCAA tournament???
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I truly believe Lynchburg will go all the way to the finals if they play the way they are capable of playing. I’m not seeing any real weaknesses with this group. RIT should be a good game but I think the Hornets will handle them. I expect them to play Salisbury is n the finals
ergit

Post by ergit »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:46 pm I truly believe Lynchburg will go all the way to the finals if they play the way they are capable of playing. I’m not seeing any real weaknesses with this group. RIT should be a good game but I think the Hornets will handle them. I expect them to play Salisbury is n the finals
You are reading the brackets wrong. Lynchburg would meet Salisbury in semi, hosted by Salisbury. RIT and Tufts are in same half of bracket.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:46 pm I truly believe Lynchburg will go all the way to the finals if they play the way they are capable of playing. I’m not seeing any real weaknesses with this group. RIT should be a good game but I think the Hornets will handle them. I expect them to play Salisbury is n the finals
You are not reading the bracket correctly. In any event, I expect Lynchburg to lose to Salisbury in the semi's. Tufts should beat RIT in the North semi's (as usual) and here we go.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:51 pm
richard wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm Nosey, don’t you think that Salisbury, Cabrini bracket is a breeze compared to the Tufts bracket? Whichever team wins that second rounder should breeze to the semis. Meanwhile it looks like there are no sure things on the Tufts side. St JF, York are a tough lineup for Tufts.
I think the RIT bracket looks soft too. Granted Tufts and to a lesser extent, Lynchburg path would seem harder than the other 2 but as I said, the 4 teams that are generally thought to have true national champion potential have a path they should be able to navigate successfully. If they can’t then guess what .... they weren’t as good as we thought they were. And so what, York plays F&M earlier than the rankings would suggest. We all know the mileage has always played a part. Get over it. It’s not changing... we hear the same thing every year from the whiners that get a tough matchup early and want to complain about the grass being greener in so and sos bracket. Zzzzzzzz

The die is cast.. time to stop talking about it and just go play. Want to be the best, you gotta.....
Lynchburg is in the South. The North bracket has 3 of the top 5 contenders, perhaps you are reading it incorrectly?
Unknown.. not sure what you mean. I read it that RIT, Tufts, Salisbury and Lynchburg are all in different quadrants so all 4 can make the Final Four. Do I have that wrong?

RIT, Tufts and York are in the North. 3 of the top 5 contenders. South has Salisbury and Lynchburg as 2 of top 5. No matter. I was just correcting a prior post that seemed wrong as to brackets.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D3 MEN: National Championships
These are the Best Upcoming Games (below).
https://fanlax.com/2021/05/09/d3-men-na ... pionships/

Per usual, there will be plenty of blow-outs but... there's also a couple decent match-ups. Emphasis on the word decent. I'm not anticipating any upsets...
Last edited by Matnum PI on Sun May 09, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ULLaxLuver

Post by ULLaxLuver »

The possibility of LYN-CNU round 3 in the elite 8 is very enticing. Christopher Newport won round 1 in Newport News in OT. 6 days later the Hornets won by 7. Round 3 on a neutral site has potential to be highly entertaining. LYN hasn’t been healthier this season and the Captains have been down Sophomore starting attack Drew Miller since the Colorado College game. Will be interesting to see if he can return in time to make an impact, had 2 points in the first meeting between these two squads.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Salisbury isn’t even close to being the 1 seed with the easiest pod - at least they have to face Cabrini.
RIT’s toughest opponent before the semis is…Denison? Colorado College? Seriously?

I suppose there is one silver lining. After more than a year of unprecedented disruptions to every aspect of our lives, it will be nice to see one yearly tradition remain constant: RIT losing at home in the playoffs to a NESCAC team.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:57 pm I suppose there is one silver lining. After more than a year of unprecedented disruptions to every aspect of our lives, it will be nice to see one yearly tradition remain constant: RIT losing at home in the playoffs to a NESCAC team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh those NESCAC supporters, gotta love em :D

Can't really hate on the NESCAC, as in the last 10 years of the title game, the North is 4-6 overall. NESCAC teams are 4-3 in those games, RIT made 2 championship games (lost both) and Cortland (which seems like forever ago) was the other team that lost against the southern rep
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm Don't talk to me about costs and travel. Tufts is traveling 6.5 hours to play Babson that, according to Google Maps, is 27 minutes away. I guess I missed the memo, but when did we stop having first round games at the higher seed?
This is where the NCAA screwed the pooch. They disnt even follow their own n/s regional rankings model. What they should have done is this:
Week 1 Sat Round 1 on campus of higher seed manage travel costs/ covid better / in essence 15 play in games with 1 bye
Rnd 2 / Quarter Finals reseeded 1 through 16 with 5 region ranking and north south input here you could do your 4 pod sites with 4 teams
Final 4 traditional championship weekend at championship site
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:32 pm So I'm assuming everyone has an issue with IWU being in that portion of the bracket.

The only team that could possibly be swapped out would be Christopher Newport (without the same chatter going on to this extent), but why do that when the first and second round of that pod (IWU is in) is at IWU and you have 4 "midwest" teams (represented by Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota)that are in the NCAA tournament???
I haven’t seen anywhere where all of the games’ locations are listed. But as I said, I do know York is playing Lasell at F&M in Lancaster PA. Meanwhile Tufts & STJF, of the same quadrant as York, are in a different pod in Rochester ny.

Lasell is a MA team, yet they took a ride being “outseeded”. Why couldn’t one of the four unranked western teams do the same. The bracket “quadrants” and the location “pods” are not mutually exclusive, as the old find me match to flip flop with assumes.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad York wouldn’t have to see Salisbury before the finals, if at all (too many bad memories :oops: ). But if we’re talking balanced brackets, this is not it.

Anyway, it is what it is. Any word on spectators??
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Should I just wait until May 22 to watch any of these games or will there actually be some comedic value in some of these early blow-outs?

28 AQ's is a joke...
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 am
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:32 pm So I'm assuming everyone has an issue with IWU being in that portion of the bracket.

I haven’t seen anywhere where all of the games’ locations are listed. But as I said, I do know York is playing Lasell at F&M in Lancaster PA. Meanwhile Tufts & STJF, of the same quadrant as York, are in a different pod in Rochester
If you click on "Printable Bracket" on the NCAA website you get locations and times.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Have a crazy question and sorry if it’s been asked and answered. Why not have a field of 32 teams?
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Have a crazy question and sorry if it’s been asked and answered. Why not have a field of 32 teams?
You mean instead of 31?
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

UpperCorner wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am
You mean instead of 31?

yes

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”