Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Constitutional method to vacate an election

Post by old salt »

Tonight on PBS, Rep Jackie Speier said Cohen went to jail because he lied to Congress. ...& I think she was a Prosecutor.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The talking heads on all channels are a twitter over the Barr strawberry investigation moving from an informal investigation to a formal criminal investigation. Gives DOJ the ability to subpoena witnesses. No one knows what the crime is they are investigating (other than Fox acts like they know - they are hoping and speculating). Given the recent dry hole in Italy, to me this looks like a stunt to change the news cycle.

There has been speculation that this is benign and they are simply making this change so as to have access to the Mueller grand jury documents.

We'll see.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

calourie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 pm
Bandito wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:00 pm Your daily reminder that Donald Trump is your President. He will be through 2024

https://youtu.be/monFrbRDa6w

Russian collusion is a lie

Democrats are the party of slavery, the KKK, Nazism (Dem Rep from Cali showed off a Nazi Tat while smoking a bong naked with her staffer, of course the media is silent because they cover up Democrat crimes ana wrong doing to purposefully mislead and lie to the American people)

Democrats want to censor your speech
Democrats want to take away your guns
Democrats are the party of the KKK
Democrats have no message for the American public except impeachment.

Ironically the only two Presidents ever impeached were both Democrats! Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. Amazing how Hillary claimed to be the candidate of woman yet stayed with a known rapist and sex abuser in her husband.

Shall I go on? Only racists, bigots, sissy cuck boys, and the like vote Democrat today.

2020. You losers are gonna need all the help you can get.

Will the NYT predict a Dem victory again?!? 91 % to 9%?!

http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/201 ... etter.html

Well thought out and stated, Bandito. From now on I am blocking everyone on this site except the B man. What else is there to be said?
I assume you’re being sarcastic as I’m pretty sure you’re a NE elitist who roots for the Eli’s, but on a chance you aren’t actually a liberal loser, thank you.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
holmes435

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Gather evidence steadily, go to trial in the Senate.

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 pm PB isn't a republican. He has mentioned it quite a bit.

I don’t know what I am! I’ll vote Biden assuming his running mate isn’t a crack pot. I also think both Nancy Pelosi and Bob Barr are honorable people. And I don’t hate Trump! Soooooo...🤪

Ok, so it looks like PB is just in it for the "lulz" as the kids have said for a while now. The vocab and grammar is markedly bit different than fatty and bandito, but no one knows you're a dog on the internet.

Doesn't seem like we're going to get much in the way of meaningful discourse either way, so probably another account to throw to the wind. It's just not that entertaining, and certainly not worthy of discussion vs talking to actual people of differing viewpoints.

I came here for an argument.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:25 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 pm PB isn't a republican. He has mentioned it quite a bit.

I don’t know what I am! I’ll vote Biden assuming his running mate isn’t a crack pot. I also think both Nancy Pelosi and Bob Barr are honorable people. And I don’t hate Trump! Soooooo...🤪

Ok, so it looks like PB is just in it for the "lulz" as the kids have said for a while now. The vocab and grammar is markedly bit different than fatty and bandito, but no one knows you're a dog on the internet.

Doesn't seem like we're going to get much in the way of meaningful discourse either way, so probably another account to throw to the wind. It's just not that entertaining, and certainly not worthy of discussion vs talking to actual people of differing viewpoints.

PB is an original. His aviation knowledge is authentic & specific. Original thought is threatening here. Welcome to Animal Farm.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:32 pm This is the silly game you play.

If I try and read into your posts, and infer meaning other than literal, you jump all over me, and say "Oh, I never said that, you're building a strawman".

And now here you are, urging me to do just that. You're asking me to understand you thought by reading things into your posts that aren't there.

So here's your chance to get what want. Do you want me to take your posts literally, or do you want me to read into them and guess at your thoughts?

Your choice, I don't care which. Pick one, and be done with it.

Or, better yet, stop complaining because I can't read your mind. ;)

And once you've made your choice, you don't get to shift between demanding I take your posts literally and not build strawmen, and demanding---as you just did----that I DON'T take you literally, and guess at what you are implying.
No game "dude"...here's a novel idea...if you care and if you're not sure what I mean by a post, try asking politely what is meant instead of replying with a snarky interpretation/misrepresentation or strawman argument? That's another option so it's actually your choice. ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:57 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:31 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:25 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 pm The concept that the US backed down, moved 30 guys from the border because Trump was afraid of the Turkish military is laughable. Trump wanted to make this move and it had nothing to do with the military facts on the ground.
.:roll:. ...Wag the Goat ?

Pompeo, Esper & Milley disagree. They were on the call & recommended pulling back the tethered goats.

Jeffrey testified that they'd been preparing for this contingency since last Dec.
Leaving the observers in place would not have deterred the Turks incursion.
Face saving to make it appear everyone was on the same sheet of music before hand. They clearly weren't! Why did the military claim they had no idea before the event that this was going to happen? They were surprised. Now you guys want to make this sound like it was a plan. Sure it was. :lol:
According to Jeffrey's testimony, they were all (including Trump) surprised by Eredogan's abrupt decision to move.
It was a fair warning notification, not a negotiation.
All military to military & diplomat to diplomat indications were that the Joint Security Mechanism was holding & satisfactory.
Release the transcript.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 am

PB is an original. His aviation knowledge is authentic & specific. Original thought is threatening here. Welcome to Animal Farm.
Aviation knowledge is the hurdle?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:20 pm I don't think this is quite legal but here goes anyhow. Trump gets arrested and then impeached. The next step is drag his arse onto Pennsylvania Ave and flog him in public. Then you take him to the bonfire and burn him at the stake. We then recover his remains and hook them to the bumper of a government vehicle and drag his carcass through the streets of DC. When that is done we invert him and string up his remains to a lamppost at a prominent site in DC. After all that is said and done I am 100% certain that the majority of people posting on this forum will still be disgruntled.
Yeah, it's not just that we 'hate' Trump. :roll:

Of course folks are "disgruntled".
The issues, left and right, go deeper than one corrupt, dishonest, ego-mad fellow in the White House.

But that guy does need to go, sooner the better.
Constitutionally.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 am

original thought?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:10 am

original thought?
If you fly a plane you are part of the club...better than secret decoder rings.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:44 pm Tonight on PBS, Rep Jackie Speier said Cohen went to jail because he lied to Congress. ...& I think she was a Prosecutor.
Yes, that would be incorrect.
One would think that Speier would have those facts at her fingertips, though certainly he did a ton of lying and did indeed go to jail for some of those to which he plead guilty, but of course there have been so many verdicts of others as well...?
Could she have been thinking of someone else, or just a brain freeze?

That afternoon, Cohen pleaded guilty to eight criminal charges: five counts of tax evasion, one count of making false statements to a financial institution, one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution, and one count of making an excessive campaign contribution at the request of a candidate (Trump) ...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

original thought?

Indeed!!

Anyhow, I agree with OS, who I will repay the favor by saying has the best posts by far on these threads and is considerably smarter than I. The original thought allegation is perhaps just that, that I am more than happy to admit when someone is smarter than I. Viewed from the outside (once an outsider, always an outsider), what it sounds like here on this thread is 10 liberals demanding the one conservative subscribe to their views, or else. :lol:

The law so far as I can tell is you either hate all conservatives, or you are a conservative (god forbid we admit that BOTH Nancy Pelosi and Bob Barr are honourable people!). I mean, holmes (a liberal apparently) above said he came here to argue and didn't want counter-narratives. These Politics sub-threads could use a little humility. IMO only, of course. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:09 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:06 pm Come on PB. This is straight up BS and willful blindness that you are trying to pass off as non-partisan reasonableness.
Stunning.

Another example that lefties will “allow” you to think whatever you want.

As long as you agree with them.

:lol:
yeah, kramerica, it's 'lefties' that are requiring that you "agree with them", rather than expecting that you actually look at the facts with open eyes. And to use your noggin.

Far as I can tell, ggait is certainly no "lefty". I certainly am not.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 am

original thought?

Indeed!!

Anyhow, I agree with OS, who I will repay the favor by saying has the best posts by far on these threads and is considerably smarter than I. The original thought allegation is perhaps just that, that I am more than happy to admit when someone is smarter than I. Viewed from the outside (once an outsider, always an outsider), what it sounds like her on this thread is 10 liberals demanding the one conservative subscribe to their views, or else. :lol:

The law so far as I can tell is you either hate all conservatives, or you are a conservative (god forbid we admit that BOTH Nancy Pelosi and Bob Barr are honourable people!). I mean, holmes (a liberal apparently) above said he came here to argue and didn't want counter-narratives. These Politics sub-threads could use a little humility. IMO only, of course. :lol:
It is "smarter than me" not "I". I am no grammar champ but that's a pet peeve.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 am

original thought?

Indeed!!

Anyhow, I agree with OS, who I will repay the favor by saying has the best posts by far on these threads and is considerably smarter than I. The original thought allegation is perhaps just that, that I am more than happy to admit when someone is smarter than I. Viewed from the outside (once an outsider, always an outsider), what it sounds like here on this thread is 10 liberals demanding the one conservative subscribe to their views, or else. :lol:

PB, what an interestingly illogical post. On the one hand, you suggest that folks have to be one extreme or the other. And then you want to suggest that the only reasonable view is that Barr and Pelosi must be both "honourable people".

When Barr so totally misrepresented the Mueller Report, starkly lying about it, he lost any benefit of the doubt as to "honor". I was with two lawyers in DC last night who know Barr, know his law firm, and think he's a very smart guy, very hard-nosed, sharp elbowed, corporate advocate, like the style of his law firm, but also unethical as is his firm more generally. Very willing to cross the line ethically as advocates. These were not "liberal" lawyers. They believe he's in it for the power.

Now, I'm sure one could suggest similarly of Pelosi, certainly she's been a target for decades.

But for Barr, he simply doesn't deserve the notion that he's "honourable".
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Oh, MD, that is SO argumentative and negative! :oops: You're bruising the sensibilities of the true "moderates" here like t37 and PB, that really blanche when anything disagreeable (to their worldview) comes up.

Tut, Tut...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

It has graciously been privately communicated to me that I don't even know Bill Barr's name, who heretofore I have been calling 'Bob' Barr, a disgraced Georgia politician. I apologize to Mr. Bill Barr the Washington DC super-fixer lawyer guy.

SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Well well, the Russia probe has how turned into a criminal investigation..... :o
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:31 am It has graciously been privately communicated to me that I don't even know Bill Barr's name, who heretofore I have been calling 'Bob' Barr, a disgraced Georgia politician. I apologize to Mr. Bill Barr the Washington DC super-fixer lawyer guy.

That's the description you're looking for in an Attorney General of the United States in the Trump era!! The President's "Cohn."

Return to “POLITICS”