Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 pm Did you know that Elizabeth Warren applauded a nine-year-old child who claims to be transgender during last week's CNN Equality Town Hall and suggested that the child assist her with choosing her education secretary, should she be elected?
Oh my g*d!!! Being nice to a child!

Are you just kidding around here-----or are you trying to set a record for being the least self-aware man in America?

How about you go back to making fun of us for getting worked up over Trump, instead of (facepalm) getting upset that Warren tried to make nice with a 9 year old.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:06 pm Think then how crazy you sound when you lie about Katie's iron cross as a 4-leaf clover.
Oh totally. We should totally think that a *hitty photo of a *hitty tattoo printed in a British tabloid is an Iron Cross.

And if we don't agree with you, we're nuts.

Sell it somewhere else.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but partisanship has made you and many more absolutely "nuts". If you re-read your posts 10 years from now, you'll wonder what made you this insane. What could possibly be the damaging blowback from simply admitting what you see and move along? Do we now disavow what's in front of our eyes? We can't give an inch? If that is where you are, god bless.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 pm Did you know that Elizabeth Warren applauded a nine-year-old child who claims to be transgender during last week's CNN Equality Town Hall and suggested that the child assist her with choosing her education secretary, should she be elected?
Oh my g*d!!! Being nice to a child!

Are you just kidding around here-----or are you trying to set a record for being the least self-aware man in America?

How about you go back to making fun of us for getting worked up over Trump, instead of (facepalm) getting upset that Warren tried to make nice with a 9 year old.

'being nice to a child' does not equal 'pandering to a child'. The message sent is: I am willing to do anything and say anything for a vote. I thought Trump did that and we hated him for it?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm I have seen a study done on whites who have visited the Lynching Museum in Montgomery AL. They are generally very negative on the museum, many very offended by it - not the concept that someone would perpetrate this kind of horror, but the fact that they were told it really happened. Wish I could remember where I saw the study results.
I was just about to post something about my visit to the museum in Montgomery not too long ago - it BLEW ME AWAY. There is some seriously powerful art there that will leave all but the ignorant or evil walking away changed.

One exhibit (that may have been temporary) included a visual timeline of lynchings ... our ability to rationalize and compartmentalize will probably get a lot of folks through the late 1800's and even into the very early 1900's with the ability to think "well that was then..."

But then, you get to the 1950's and your gut starts to get pretty dang squeamish, then the 60's and things get real uncomfortable.... by the time you get to the lynchings that took place in the 1990's - you kind of want to vomit and crawl into a hole and pretend the human race never existed....

Any and everyone who claims they don't understand should be required to visit. I for one, cannot recommend it enough.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm 'being nice to a child' does not equal 'pandering to a child'. The message sent is: I am willing to do anything and say anything for a vote. I thought Trump did that and we hated him for it?
:lol: So now this 9 year old can vote, and Warren is chasing after her vote?

Dude. Do you not understand what the word "hyperbole" means?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm I hate to be the bearer of bad news but partisanship has made you and many more absolutely "nuts". If you re-read your posts 10 years from now, you'll wonder what made you this insane. What could possibly be the damaging blowback from simply admitting what you see and move along?
Because you're claiming here that Elizabeth Warren did and said all of those things on that long, and stupid list of "facts" Kira laid out.

And when I call you out on this stupidity, you do the same thing you always do: yell "look, a squirrel".

So nope, Warren didn't call for "banning of words", or endorse assaulting journalists. Or believe the world is ending in 18 months.

Newsflash: I don't like Warren. But unlike you, I don't have to post some made up stuff that you think she did, because some lady on the internet "sez so" in order to disqualify her.

Oh yeah, boy, we really need to stop hitting Trump, right? Let's instead, make up a bunch of cr*p about someone running for President, and pass it off as "fact."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:25 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:00 pm It's not even close to an Iron Cross, you're blind. It's a *hitty photo of a picture that could be a bunch of dump.

No, of course not. You know, for a guy who's ripping on us for hysteria over stupid stuff, you sure do bring up a lot of stupid stuff.

Below is the Iron Cross. Notice the pattern is a black cross, outlined by a black cross, that it outlined again by a black cross?

What they are showing is a crappy, blurry photo of "something". Sorry mate, not the same thing.

Now if you ask Hill and she says "yep, that's an Iron Cross".....now that's serious.

Anyone bother asking her? Or is it your idea is that we're supposed to treat a blurry tabloid photo as the gospel truth?
Oh it sure looks like an Iron Cross, just reversed, white on black. (a pretty lousy looking tat actually). Without a Swastika, it means nothing Nazi IMO.

Also, if someone hasn't mentioned, the Iron Cross predates anything Nazi.
It definitely could be, but as you say, a poor rendering.
Would be surprised if any self respecting tattoo artist did it intending an Iron Cross.

Also as you say, it's a familiar mark of bikers having nothing to do with Nazi symbology.
Swastikas are on another matter!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:23 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm I have seen a study done on whites who have visited the Lynching Museum in Montgomery AL. They are generally very negative on the museum, many very offended by it - not the concept that someone would perpetrate this kind of horror, but the fact that they were told it really happened. Wish I could remember where I saw the study results.
I was just about to post something about my visit to the museum in Montgomery not too long ago - it BLEW ME AWAY. There is some seriously powerful art there that will leave all but the ignorant or evil walking away changed.

One exhibit (that may have been temporary) included a visual timeline of lynchings ... our ability to rationalize and compartmentalize will probably get a lot of folks through the late 1800's and even into the very early 1900's with the ability to think "well that was then..."

But then, you get to the 1950's and your gut starts to get pretty dang squeamish, then the 60's and things get real uncomfortable.... by the time you get to the lynchings that took place in the 1990's - you kind of want to vomit and crawl into a hole and pretend the human race never existed....

Any and everyone who claims they don't understand should be required to visit. I for one, cannot recommend it enough.
Thanks for posting this HooDat, very much agree.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:06 pm Think then how crazy you sound when you lie about Katie's iron cross as a 4-leaf clover.
Oh totally. We should totally think that a *hitty photo of a *hitty tattoo printed in a British tabloid is an Iron Cross.

And if we don't agree with you, we're nuts.

Sell it somewhere else.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but partisanship has made you and many more absolutely "nuts". If you re-read your posts 10 years from now, you'll wonder what made you this insane. What could possibly be the damaging blowback from simply admitting what you see and move along? Do we now disavow what's in front of our eyes? We can't give an inch? If that is where you are, god bless.
PB, as apparently you think I'm the one with the "lie" about it looking nearly as much as a 4-leaf clover as an Iron Cross, let me say again, it's really, really poorly done tattoo if actually intended to be an Iron Cross.

But as I said, it could well be an Iron Cross, and that really wouldn't be a big surprise given her rebellious 'wild child, background'. As others have explained the Iron Cross has become a bike symbol of rebellion, not having a darn thing to do with Nazism. Swastikas have a different value.

You're over the top on this.

BTW, on the Nikki Haley example, no, I'd have zero doubt as to whether Haley is a closet Nazi racist.
Not even slightly concerned.
It's just amazing that you think otherwise.

Now, if you showed me this on David Duke's butt...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Zoomed in. Definitely an iron cross.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:11 pm Zoomed in. Definitely an iron cross.

Like I said, it looked like a 4 leaf clover but I didn’t think that was it. Thanks for the higher resolution image.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Interesting set of “coincidences” associated with the Katie Hill photos. Last summer George Papadopoulos (yes, that one) set up an exploratory committee with the IRS.

Day before the pictures come out he tweets
California’s 25th congressional district looks like it’s for the taking
Now he says he is running for that seat.

I suspect those coincidences need a bit of scrutiny...
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:53 pm Interesting set of “coincidences” associated with the Katie Hill photos. Last summer George Papadopoulos (yes, that one) set up an exploratory committee with the IRS.

Where'd you get that from, Lawrence O'Donnell? :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:53 pm Interesting set of “coincidences” associated with the Katie Hill photos. Last summer George Papadopoulos (yes, that one) set up an exploratory committee with the IRS.

Scott Wong from The Hill retweeted it a couple of minutes ago. I checked - Papadop actually did tweet it out 10/17. story was 10/18.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Scott Wong from The Hill retweeted it a couple of minutes ago. I checked - Papadop actually did tweet it out 10/17. story was 10/18.
Wow, well you stay on top of that one...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:11 pm Zoomed in. Definitely an iron cross.

Like I said, it looked like a 4 leaf clover but I didn’t think that was it. Thanks for the higher resolution image.
Probably, but if so she overpaid!

tech37 correctly reminds those who want to sweat this, that the Iron Cross is not actually a Nazi symbol, and it has been appropriated by the biker community with no intention of affinity to Nazis. Not exactly a surprise that a young person in a rebellious might do this sort of tattoo.

Folks really get themselves twisted up in knots on all this, both the hyper "woke" folks and those who express faux outrage in reverse.

Obama apparently took the "woke" community to task a bit yesterday...clips on Morning Joe...refreshing.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Probably, but if so she overpaid!

tech37 correctly reminds those who want to sweat this, that the Iron Cross is not actually a Nazi symbol, and it has been appropriated by the biker community with no intention of affinity to Nazis. Not exactly a surprise that a young person in a rebellious might do this sort of tattoo.

Folks really get themselves twisted up in knots on all this, both the hyper "woke" folks and those who express faux outrage in reverse.

Obama apparently took the "woke" community to task a bit yesterday...clips on Morning Joe...refreshing.
Yep.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

why are we arguing if this iron cross is a nazi symbol or not... when we all know that the controlling factor here is what she was thinking when she got it.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:24 am why are we arguing if this iron cross is a nazi symbol or not... when we all know that the controlling factor here is what she was thinking when she got it.
Sure...anyone on here think she was "thinking" she was supporting nazis, racists, white supremacists?

Pretty darn implausible, right?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i dunno. i can't say with any certainty what she was thinking, i dont konw her and never met.

in fact, i've been told many times now that there are so many racists in this country. why not her. she's white after all...
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.

Return to “POLITICS”