Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:27 pm Are you sure they are ALL on TPS status. There were also Haitians entering via the S border.
Biden allowed them in,without securing impact funds for the communities where they settle en masse ?
:lol: Please, pretend you care if they're here legally.

Gee, fellas, can anyone guess why OS and his R buddies NEVER complainsabout visa overstays, which are in far higher numbers than border crossings?

Oh, that's right, they're the "right" people here illegally. Which is why Trump didn't lift a finger to fix it. This is about selling racism and fear.

And as you can see, OS is gobbling it down as fast as he can.

But sure, his only concern is law. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 am No problem, until it impacts your property value or your kids' schools or rec leagues.
Wonderful. You're now here parroting the KKK sales pitch. My mom insisted we move out of Georgia in the 70's because someone like you showed up at the door....a complete stranger....to "let her know" that the "n-words" were trying to live in our neighborhood.

She got us away from those racist wankers as fast as she could.

Keep telling us what you think.

I guess....

Man, Trump has done a real number on you.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:27 pm Are you sure they are ALL on TPS status. There were also Haitians entering via the S border.
Biden allowed them in,without securing impact funds for the communities where they settle en masse ?

Gee, fellas, can anyone guess why OS and his R buddies NEVER complainsabout visa overstays, which are in far higher numbers than border crossings?

Oh, that's right, they're the "right" people here illegally. Which is why Trump didn't lift a finger to fix it. This is about selling racism and fear.

It's worse.
He and Trump and Vance are lying about the Haitians in Springfield's legal status.
Flat lying.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:49 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 am No problem, until it impacts your property value or your kids' schools or rec leagues.
Wonderful. You're now here parroting the KKK sales pitch. My mom insisted we move out of Georgia in the 70's because someone like you showed up at the door....a complete stranger....to "let her know" that the "n-words" were trying to live in our neighborhood.

She got us away from those racist wankers as fast as she could.

Keep telling us what you think.

I guess....

Man, Trump has done a real number on you.
I told you. Mask is now in the junk drawer.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JD, JD...apparently Trump didn't vet him.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/17/politics ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

Over 4 years ago:

quote="Typical Lax Dad" post_id=157715 time=1592269390 user_id=269]
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:32 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:03 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am The first cop was a decent guy. The cop that shot him was just the type you run across. Already a bad disposition when he arrived. He needed a new job. So the guy tussles with the cops so they can shoot him? Like I said, I know two high school lacrosse players that punched cops and nothing much happened to them. Wrestled to the ground. No weapons drawn. Of course both had been drinking.
Nice job Dad, living up to your screen name. Did you coach those 2 lax bro knuckleheads too ?
No big deal, of course they'd been drinking. That makes it ok. Sad.

Did your 2 drunken lax bro proteges throw off 2 cops, punch them, take their weapon & flee.
...& the problem was the cop's attitude ?
I can't believe how casual you all are about Brooks drunk driving. No prob. Call him a cab. He won't do it again.

Rolfe patiently & professionally questioned & tested Brooks. He did not escalate a very difficult, potentially dangerous situation. He gave Brooks every opportunity. Brooks just keep digging his hole deeper. Brooks was a risk who needed to be arrested, removed from the road & his driving privileges revoked before he killed someone on the road, maybe his daughters.

You think Brooks posed no immediate risk ? He was drunk out of his mind. He overcame 2 trained police officers who had the advantage on him, injuring one in the process (Brosnan was limping noticeably & having difficulty pursuing). Rolfe had to make a split second decision. He had no way of knowing what Brooks would do. Would he drag someone out of a car & try to escape or enter someone's home & try to hide. Rolfe had to make an immediate, instinctive decision. He eliminated the threat when he was still within close range, before he got away. In situations like that, you instinctively revert to your tactical training. Hesitation can be deadly. It was an "awful but lawful" split second adrenaline fueled decision Rolfe had to make in an instant. Brooks created the situation which cost him his life.
I’m pretty sure training doesn’t include someone without a legally defined lethal weapon to be shot in the back. If so maybe that’s why the chief of police was forced out. Perhaps some phys Ed would be useful too if two guys got manhandled like you suggest but the drunk guy, and he was drunk. If you’re suggesting drunk driving deserves the death penalty, we’ll then say that and let that play out. It’s choosing who’s life is more important that you are doing and as citizens no one should have the power to do that.

At the end of the day there’s all these people far from Atlanta saying this and that but the guy was fired and probably will be convicted so that “awful but lawful” will be proven untrue. And if one wants to argue that the system was rigged well then it applies to been record for every citizen within that same system including the ones some are so fast to proclaim that the guy was an evil gangbanger because he had a record. Either the system is correct or it isn’t but in the community thus happened even most white people are horrified I can say from people at banks and funds to people I know who work at garages.
I'm saying that Brooks was an immediate threat to innocent lives already, just by getting there in that condition.
There was only one safe outcome -- his immediate incarceration, with adjudication initiated before he had the opportunity to get behind the wheel again. His car was his lethal weapon.
It was a death penalty only because he resisted a lawful arrest & assaulted 2 cops correctly doing their job.
4 Atlanta cops were just fired & 2 charged for using their non-lethal tasers, but it's no big deal if an out of control drunk takes one & turns it on the police.
And you don’t see any difference in one given the authority to do so but expected to be held to a very high standard and a regular citizen?

He wasn’t an immediate danger by getting there. The danger had passed. Literally not the case. 45 minutes of calm discussion as well. So again literally not an immediate danger. Doesn’t absolve his behavior, don’t get stupid and go down that path please, I’m explicitly saying that he deserved to be held accountable. But taking his life and shooting where you risk hitting a innocence bystander (again it can be heard w people saying “to, there’s kids around here when they are shooting”) is in no way commensurate with the violation. It is really that simple. Now the shooter has got to go and his pension should go to the family of the victim. Or my share back in my pocket in a refund.

I don’t see only one outcome, seems like you are using a very narrow view of how to manage this situation. Not very thoughtful or creative to say “only one safe outcome”. You certainly can never prove that is true, it’s impossible and it’s not trying to work very hard to have a better overall outcome. Sounds like applying war like military view to domestic life to me.
The danger had not passed. As soon as he was released he could go home & get behind the wheel of the black Volvo. You think not having his license would stop him ? Rolfe fired while he was still at close range, reducing the risk of an errant shot.
absolutely shoot him in the back.
You've sunk to new lows salty. Weird.
It’s not new. His mask slipped a long time ago.
[/quote]
“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:12 pm
CU88a wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:04 am
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 am Traffic safety is an issue, even in my local travels. ...dodging jaywalkers & unlighted bicycles in dark clothes after dark.
Defensive driving takes on a whole new aspect. I welcome diversity. I'm proud of the way our city & county accommodate newcomers & low income residents. I'm happy to share the road, but I fear the unintended consequences -- like rolling somebody up.
https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2023/01/ ... run-crash/
Forest Drive is one one end of my daily dog park route, returning home just after dusk, ...head on a swivel
https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/opin ... KYFSIU2XE/
Another day, another accident on Forest Drive, Annapolis’ most dangerous roadway

Officials are looking for ways to reduce crashes and improve livability along heavily traveled Forest Drive in Annapolis.
The accidents occur with dreadful regularity on Forest Drive in Annapolis.

The most dangerous intersections serve public housing and townhouse communities, where families living below the poverty line are the ones most likely to use the sidewalks or bus stops.
???

You are blaming Annapolis/Anne Arundel County traffic on immigrants and poor people?

:cry:
That's the demographics of the jaywalkers & unlighted bicyclists & drivers in accidents or traffic stops which I observe on a daily basis.
That's the demographics of the neighborhoods which Forest Dr traverses. That is the reality.
I thought that the hit and run fatality was caused by a drunk driver, who turned out to be a Planning Director for AA Co P&Z?

County admits that traffic load on Forest Drive is very high, and that there are no crosswalks. Could be some of the pedestrian traffic is heading to the Lutheran school or the Jewish Synagogue on the southside???

I used to cut through this way, from RT 2/Aris T, to Eastport, and saw a lot of people standing in that middle "turn lane". No safe haven for bikers or pedestrians on most older roads in the county. I always found waterfront developments are reversed from normal neighborhoods; with the money real estate hidden from view along the shorelines and the backdoor community highly visible from the roadways.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88a wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:40 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:12 pm
CU88a wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:04 am
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 am Traffic safety is an issue, even in my local travels. ...dodging jaywalkers & unlighted bicycles in dark clothes after dark.
Defensive driving takes on a whole new aspect. I welcome diversity. I'm proud of the way our city & county accommodate newcomers & low income residents. I'm happy to share the road, but I fear the unintended consequences -- like rolling somebody up.
https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2023/01/ ... run-crash/
Forest Drive is one one end of my daily dog park route, returning home just after dusk, ...head on a swivel
https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/opin ... KYFSIU2XE/
Another day, another accident on Forest Drive, Annapolis’ most dangerous roadway

Officials are looking for ways to reduce crashes and improve livability along heavily traveled Forest Drive in Annapolis.
The accidents occur with dreadful regularity on Forest Drive in Annapolis.

The most dangerous intersections serve public housing and townhouse communities, where families living below the poverty line are the ones most likely to use the sidewalks or bus stops.
???

You are blaming Annapolis/Anne Arundel County traffic on immigrants and poor people?

:cry:
That's the demographics of the jaywalkers & unlighted bicyclists & drivers in accidents or traffic stops which I observe on a daily basis.
That's the demographics of the neighborhoods which Forest Dr traverses. That is the reality.
I thought that the hit and run fatality was caused by a drunk driver, who turned out to be a Planning Director for AA Co P&Z?

County admits that traffic load on Forest Drive is very high, and that there are no crosswalks. Could be some of the pedestrian traffic is heading to the Lutheran school or the Jewish Synagogue on the southside???

I used to cut through this way, from RT 2/Aris T, to Eastport, and saw a lot of people standing in that middle "turn lane". No safe haven for bikers or pedestrians on most older roads in the county. I always found waterfront developments are reversed from normal neighborhoods; with the money real estate hidden from view along the shorelines and the backdoor community highly visible from the roadways.
There are now crosswalks & [WALK] signals at some intersections & a stop light camera at the end of Aris T. It's still chaotic.
Forest Dr serves the backdoor community & is the funnel in/out for the waterfront developments, Eastport & much of Annapolis.
Congested by commuters during AM/PM rush hours. ArisT provides high speed access to US 50, I-97 & MD 2.

Most of the pedestrian traffic is from the adjoining community housing. In the 18 years I've been driving it daily, I've seen traffic increase & accidents increase, corresponding with the increase in our immigrant population. I can adapt, no problem, I just don't want to roll up an unlighted bicyclist or a kid darting into traffic, or get rear ended when I have to stop for a backup, ...which are real possibilities, no matter how defensively I drive.

AHS is doing a good job. https://www.annapolishigh.org/apps/page ... _ID=420779
They're also producing a good generation of young service industry workers who have a bright future.
https://nypost.com/2024/09/15/us-news/f ... last-year/

Fatal accidents in Springfield, Ohio, jumped four-fold last year — as residents say migrants unfamiliar with US rules
Sep. 15, 2024,

Fatal car accidents in Springfield, Ohio, increased four-fold last year, The Post has learned — as residents say a surge of Haitian migrants unfamiliar with US driving has turned their streets into the Kentucky Derby.

Eight people were killed in seven car accidents in Clark County in 2023, up from just two fatalities in two accidents in 2022, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol overseeing the county comprising the small city.

Traffic accidents involving injuries in Springfield have also risen, climbing to 414 so far this year compared to 362 in 2023 — a 14% increase.

A car accident involving a Haitian driver was witnessed by The Post last week while the reporter was discussing migrant road issues with residents.

It is unclear if Haitian drivers contributed to those increases. The national origin of people involved in accidents is not tracked by police.
But longtime residents of Springfield have repeatedly said many of the newly arrived Haitian migrants — about 20,000 have moved to the city of 60,000 since 2020 — have been involved in a spate of frightening accidents on their roads.

Just last week during a visit to Springfield, The Post witnessed a Haitian driver collide with a mother’s car while trying to force a right turn from the left lane.
Nobody was hurt in that incident, but at least two fatal accidents last year did involve Haitian drivers.

On Dec. 1, 71-year-old Kathy Heaton — a Springfield resident of 40 years — was struck and killed by a Haitian driver while taking out her garbage early in the morning.
No charges were filed against the driver, as police and prosecutors ruled days later that he was not at fault.
But her daughter-in-law, Mandy Heaton, told The Post the incident was just another example of reckless driving from the newly arrived residents unfamiliar with local driving laws.
“I’m constantly stressed and anxious driving around with my kids. I have to drive defensively now, and that gets quite amped up even more when my children are in the car,” she said, alleging that Haitian migrants are behind the illegal U-turns, cars going the wrong direction down one-ways and dangerous wrecks she’s seen.
“I’m just very, very, very hyper-vigilant and aware of my surroundings and constantly scanning parking lots and cars around me to make sure we’re safe,” she said, joining the chorus of Springfielders who have recently testified at city commission meetings about the havoc allegedly being wreaked by Haitians on their roads.

Longtime residents of Springfield say some of the newly arrived Haitian migrants are unfamiliar with US driving laws.
James Keivom
In August 2023, 11-year-old Aiden Clark also was killed when a car driven by a Haitian without a license forced the school bus he was riding in off the road. The bus rolled over as Aiden was thrown from the window, and he was crushed beneath.

Accounts of such reckless driving even caught the attention of Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, who in addition to sending $2.5 million in aid to the city announced this week he was dispatching additional Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers to enforce local traffic laws.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:51 pm

It's worse.
He and Trump and Vance are lying about the Haitians in Springfield's legal status.
Flat lying.
Stop it. I'm pointing out that they are not ALL there under TPS. Is the NYT lying too ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/14/us/h ... -ohio.html
Most Haitians in Springfield are in the United States legally, city officials said.

Haitians have been emigrating in large numbers for a long time, seeking refuge and opportunities in the United States, as well as in other countries including Brazil, Canada, Chile and Mexico.

Some of the Haitians in Springfield have lived in the United States for many years and have permanent legal status, or green cards. Some crossed the southern border or flew directly to the United States over the last few years.

Many are beneficiaries of Temporary Protected Status, a federal designation that gives nationals of a country in crisis — typically after a natural disaster or political upheaval — the opportunity to remain in the United States legally, regardless of whether they entered the country lawfully.

The Biden administration granted Temporary Protected Status through Feb. 3, 2026 for Haitians who arrived in the United States on or before June 3, 2024, and that status can be renewed. Haiti is one of a number of countries whose nationals can qualify for TPS, including Ukraine, which was invaded by Russia and is at war.

Some of the Haitians in Springfield have applied for asylum, which allows them to remain in the country until their case has been adjudicated by immigration authorities. Still others have been aided by a Biden administration initiative that enables people from Haiti who have a financial sponsor in the United States to apply to enter the country and remain here legally for two years. They do not receive green cards.

The various programs made many of the Haitian newcomers to Springfield eligible to work legally, making them particularly attractive to employers.
People covered by Temporary Protected Status are entitled by law to receive health and nutrition benefits as well as other public benefits, such as food stamps.

Springfield has struggled to handle soaring demand placed on health care, housing, schools and roads.
Some initiatives already underway include offering English language classes, driving courses and instruction about finances and the U.S. banking system.

Gov. Mike DeWine announced last week that the state would provide Springfield with $2.5 million to ease strains on primary health care and would deploy members of the state highway patrol to improve road safety.
The mayor of Springfield, Rob Rue, said that he was still hoping to receive federal assistance.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:17 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:02 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:06 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:13 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 am
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:01 am
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:43 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:25 am
JD just tripled down on Meet the Press this AM.
Says he is just repeating what his constituents are saying…claiming now that there is video of a Haitian eating a cat…

Amidst bomb threats…
Lots of bomb threats for multiple days. Death threats, proud boys and white supremacists coming to town. MAGA is really trying to start something prior to the election to ramp up the hate/fear vote.
Bomb threats originated overseas.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/16/us-news/o ... r-country/
And gee, OS.....why Springfield.

Oh, that's right, you and your TInFoilHat buddies, who believe everything Trump said. You inject yourself with bleach yet?
Go ahead -- deny that Aurora & Springfield are having difficulty in accommodating the unanticipated (& unsupported) surge of migrants in need of public support. Unlike Martha's Vineyard, they can't call the Governor to send in the National Guard to relocate them.

Just give TdA gang bangers work permits & they won't be a problem.
No problem, until it impacts your property value or your kids' schools or rec leagues
Sell your hate and fear and lack of historical knowledge somewhere else. You and your buds in the KKK have been selling this hate of non-white immigrants for well over 100 years. It doesn't work on me. You think we had zero immigrants in America until three years ago. Neat-o.

Now we know why you don't want kids to crack a history book...you want to tell them that immigration never happened in the US, and that Trump and Vance's wive's families are from the Onondoga Nation, and weren't these same immigrants that you're convinced is destroying our nation. :roll:
Somebody gave both my grandfathers work permits upon arrival in America - they both succeeded in new jobs with new skills beyond those they had previously mastered and they both made great contributions to this country despite many natives considering them lowlife foreigners.

So, Saltine...respectfully - Eff you :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:lol:
They entered legally. Good for them.
They entered by getting on a boat and presented themselves at a port of entry. They didn't ask in advance or use any other "legal process". After they arrived, they were subject to the same kind of derogatory name-calling and bigotry you currently use.

So, again, respectfully - Eff off :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: .
Boo Hoo. They entered legally. They encountered the same things all immigrants did, & you're still whining about it. It didn't hurt you, but you're still a resentful a-hole about it.
As one of the leading a-holes here, you certainly fit the bill. You also have no effing idea whether it hurt me or anyone in my family - just another a-hole comment from the leading d*ckwad here. :P

There wasn't any "illegal" immigration in this country from its founding until 1924 when the first law was passed to enact quotas by country.

https://www.history.com/news/the-birth- ... mmigration

Facts are (whether you like it or not) that this country was built by immigrant labor since its founding - from the Erie Canal to the Transcontinental Railroad as well as innumerable construction projects including bridges, tunnels, dams and roads
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:59 pm

It's worse.
Flat lying.
Stop it. I'm pointing out that they are not ALL there under TPS. Is the NYT lying too ?

Most Haitians in Springfield are in the United States legally, city officials said.

Haitians have been emigrating in large numbers for a long time, seeking refuge and opportunities in the United States, as well as in other countries including Brazil, Canada, Chile and Mexico.

Some of the Haitians in Springfield have lived in the United States for many years and have permanent legal status, or green cards. Some crossed the southern border or flew directly to the United States over the last few years.

Many are beneficiaries of Temporary Protected Status, a federal designation that gives nationals of a country in crisis — typically after a natural disaster or political upheaval — the opportunity to remain in the United States legally, regardless of whether they entered the country lawfully.

The Biden administration granted Temporary Protected Status through Feb. 3, 2026 for Haitians who arrived in the United States on or before June 3, 2024, and that status can be renewed. Haiti is one of a number of countries whose nationals can qualify for TPS, including Ukraine, which was invaded by Russia and is at war.

Some of the Haitians in Springfield have applied for asylum, which allows them to remain in the country until their case has been adjudicated by immigration authorities. Still others have been aided by a Biden administration initiative that enables people from Haiti who have a financial sponsor in the United States to apply to enter the country and remain here legally for two years. They do not receive green cards.

The various programs made many of the Haitian newcomers to Springfield eligible to work legally, making them particularly attractive to employers.
People covered by Temporary Protected Status are entitled by law to receive health and nutrition benefits as well as other public benefits, such as food stamps.

Springfield has struggled to handle soaring demand placed on health care, housing, schools and roads.
Some initiatives already underway include offering English language classes, driving courses and instruction about finances and the U.S. banking system.

Gov. Mike DeWine announced last week that the state would provide Springfield with $2.5 million to ease strains on primary health care and would deploy members of the state highway patrol to improve road safety.
The mayor of Springfield, Rob Rue, said that he was still hoping to receive federal assistance.
Trump says there are 32,000 IlLEGAL alien Haitians in Springfield.
Lie. Blatant lie. Knowing lie.

As to undocumented, no one, not. Biden, not border agents, “allowed them in”. Lie.
You are aligning with lies.

Read WSJ cover article on the lies.
Straight reporting.

You know these are lies.

As to “some” without legal documentation, they exist in nearly every community across the country, mostly overstays on expired visas. Saying “some” Haitians are not documented legally is pretending that Trump isn’t lying blatantly. False. Lie.

Typical though.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:02 am

It's worse.
Flat lying.

As to undocumented, no one, not. Biden, not border agents, “allowed them in”. Lie.

Straight reporting.

You know these are lies.

As to “some” without legal documentation, they exist in nearly every community across the country, mostly overstays on expired visas. Saying “some” Haitians are not documented legally is pretending that Trump isn’t lying blatantly. False. Lie.

Typical though.
Boston is full of illegal Irish.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:36 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:22 pm
Says he is just repeating what his constituents are saying…claiming now that there is video of a Haitian eating a cat…

Amidst bomb threats…
Lots of bomb threats for multiple days. Death threats, proud boys and white supremacists coming to town. MAGA is really trying to start something prior to the election to ramp up the hate/fear vote.

Oh, that's right, you and your TInFoilHat buddies, who believe everything Trump said. You inject yourself with bleach yet?
Go ahead -- deny that Aurora & Springfield are having difficulty in accommodating the unanticipated (& unsupported) surge of migrants in need of public support. Unlike Martha's Vineyard, they can't call the Governor to send in the National Guard to relocate them.

No problem, until it impacts your property value or your kids' schools or rec leagues
Sell your hate and fear and lack of historical knowledge somewhere else. You and your buds in the KKK have been selling this hate of non-white immigrants for well over 100 years. It doesn't work on me. You think we had zero immigrants in America until three years ago. Neat-o.

Now we know why you don't want kids to crack a history book...you want to tell them that immigration never happened in the US, and that Trump and Vance's wive's families are from the Onondoga Nation, and weren't these same immigrants that you're convinced is destroying our nation. :roll:
Somebody gave both my grandfathers work permits upon arrival in America - they both succeeded in new jobs with new skills beyond those they had previously mastered and they both made great contributions to this country despite many natives considering them lowlife foreigners.

So, Saltine...respectfully - Eff you :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
They entered by getting on a boat and presented themselves at a port of entry. They didn't ask in advance or use any other "legal process". After they arrived, they were subject to the same kind of derogatory name-calling and bigotry you currently use.

Boo Hoo. They entered legally. They encountered the same things all immigrants did, & you're still whining about it. It didn't hurt you, but you're still a resentful a-hole about it.
The Haitians in Springfield are legal also.

The racist, nativism should be rejected as fundamentally anti-American.
Are you sure they are ALL on TPS status. There were also Haitians entering via the S border.
The Republican Governor and Republican Mayor say they are legal.
And "invited" by them. Filling jobs, 8,000 new ones over the past decade. Why do you doubt them?
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-gov ... =113690058

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39voRIZciVI

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... rcna171558

Is it skin color again? "s-hole countries" perhaps?
Or because Trump and Fox and Newsmax told you they are illegal?

Obviously there are undocumented in all parts of the US, from all sorts of countries, but that is apparently NOT the situation in Springfield that is causing some stress on social services and housing prices.

IF you are actually concerned about "impact funds", take it to MAGA Congress.
They won't even fund more border agents if it's a Dem Admin asking.
So, blame it on MAGA/Trump.

BTW, were there "impact funds" for all the prior waves of immigration to this country?

Here’s what you cut and ignored with your diversion that “some” Haitians may not be documented versus “most” are legally in Springfield, invited and filling jobs, invigorating the economy of Springfield. Businesses opening and booming in a previously declining area. Paying taxes.

Sure, perhaps this community needs some help catching up with investments in social services, because the declining community had not kept up. And the Republican governor and legislature had not helped… promises coming, but why look to federal direct help before state and local?

But ok, JD, what federal funding have you proposed legislatively for Springfield or any other community?
I mistakenly edited, instead of quoting, bumping to now. Last part is today.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It's worse.
Flat lying.

Straight reporting.

You know these are lies.

Typical though.
Stop misstating my position & then telling me I'm lying.
I don't care what Trump said. I said what I posted.
Point out what I posted that is a lie & stop making false accusations.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:35 am

It's worse.
Flat lying.

Straight reporting.

You know these are lies.

Typical though.
Stop misstating my position & then telling me I'm lying.
I don't care what Trump said. I said what I posted.
Point out what I posted that is a lie & stop making false accusations.
You were responding to a discussion of legal status of various immigrants, including the Haitians in Springfield, with JD Vance's repetition of the lies. You were claiming that another poster's grandparents were "legal" because they came at time when they could do so legally by simply arriving on our shores and being processed. The Haitians in Springfield are legal too...you want to hang on "mostly" as if proof that "some" are not (NYT simply wasn't claiming 100%, given just one illegal would make that false), as if "mostly" isn't exactly the point, contrary to Vance's and Trump's claims...which are blatant lies.

I'll requote the original discussion for you after this response.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:18 am

Amidst bomb threats…

Are you sure they are ALL on TPS status. There were also Haitians entering via the S border.
And "invited" by them. Filling jobs, 8,000 new ones over the past decade. Why do you doubt them?

Obviously there are undocumented in all parts of the US, from all sorts of countries, but that is apparently NOT the situation in Springfield that is causing some stress on social services and housing prices.

BTW, were there "impact funds" for all the prior waves of immigration to this country?

Here’s what you cut and ignored with your diversion that “some” Haitians may not be documented versus “most” are legally in Springfield, invited and filling jobs, invigorating the economy of Springfield. Businesses opening and booming in a previously declining area. Paying taxes.

Sure, perhaps this community needs some help catching up with investments in social services, because the declining community had not kept up. And the Republican governor and legislature had not helped… promises coming, but why look to federal direct help before state and local?

But ok, JD, what federal funding have you proposed legislatively for Springfield or any other community?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:49 am

Amidst bomb threats…

What a bunch of jibberish. I did not say the Haitians are in Springfield illegally.
You don't know how many are there legally & neither does the NYT.
I'm pointing out the impact they have on Springfield, Aurora & other communities where they settle in large numbers, regardless of their status.
There's no way a community of 60k could have "kept up" sufficiently to absorb an influx of 20k in need of so much support.
Springfield is a small community unable to accommodate large numbers like larger cities can.
You're making excuses & denying the obvious. Biden should not have granted so many TPS entrants without securing the impact funding for them.
If he couldn't get the funds from existing budgets, he should have secured funding from Congress before dumping them on unprepared communities.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Delusional right wingers continue to harp on this idea that Biden and Democrats want open borders. The facts prove, however, that it is tRump who allowed more migrants than anyone else:

New Data Show Migrants Were More Likely to Be Released by Trump Than Biden

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-data-show ... rump-biden

According to new data published last month, the Biden Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has removed a higher percentage of arrested border crossers in its first two years than the Trump DHS did over its last two years. Moreover, migrants were more likely to be released after a border arrest under President Trump than under President Biden.

In absolute terms, the Biden DHS is removing 3.5 times as many people per month as the Trump DHS did. These figures are important for understanding how each administration has carried out border enforcement.

more ...

Despite that truth, the republiCONs continue to make political capital on their lies.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:49 am

Amidst bomb threats…

What a bunch of jibberish. I did not say the Haitians are in Springfield illegally.
You don't know how many are there legally & neither does the NYT.
I'm pointing out the impact they have on Springfield, Aurora & other communities where they settle in large numbers, regardless of their status.
There's no way a community of 60k could have "kept up" sufficiently to absorb an influx of 20k in need of so much support.
Springfield is a small community unable to accommodate large numbers like larger cities can.
You're making excuses & denying the obvious. Biden should not have granted so many TPS entrants without securing the impact funding for them.
If he couldn't get the funds from existing budgets, he should have secured funding from Congress before dumping them on unprepared communities.
Baloney. In what other surge of immigrants, legal or undocumented, has there ever been federal funding?.

This community was on its heels, and sought the inbound migration, welcomed and have benefited hugely from the upsurge in economic activity.

Sure, this also means a need to increase housing infrastructure, education, healthcare etc. And that’s typically funded by local and state government, whatever the source of growth.

But we were having a discussion about the lies being told by Trump and Vance, from claims about pets to huge falsehoods about “illegal aliens”.

That shifted to your dismissal of a poster’s family experience with bigotry against immigrants, your claim that his family were “legal”, which I then pointed out is also the status of the Haitians who Trump and Vance are claiming are “illegal”. You tried to rebut with a claim that I can’t prove 100% are legal status though that was never at issue as they are claiming all illegal…now up to 32,000. You then tried to pretend that the NYT also didn’t claim 100%, just most. Yup. But that’s the opposite of Trump and Vance.

You want to ignore the Republican governor and Republican mayor. What, are they RINOs too?
Typical Lax Dad

Just asked another West Indian woman her thoughts. She said she doesn’t follow a lot of politics but her community is upset about the comments and will vote for anyone to get Trump out this cycle.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”