Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:50 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Simple question. Would giving arriving uninvited migrants immediate work visas result in more or fewer migrants coming ?
A. Don't care. Not even a little. This is Republican-logic: you want to compare the status quo to a magic solution that never arrives. Perfect is the enemy of the good. And you've been playing this stupid game of "mommy, I don't like this immigration bill, therefore we'll do nothing" for 40 years.

B. Reagan did it. The world didn't end. In fact, an economic boom followed.

C. Simple question: how smart do you think it is to have 10 million + workers in the US not paying their full allotment of taxes? Never mind. You don't care. You still think "the border" is the problem.

D. Told ya your crew would kill it, and make up excuses as to why. And you're STILL not catching on. Keep it up. We'll get a fix in 2193.
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm obtw -- HR 2 would make E-verify mandatory.
OBTW, your man Trump killed and will continue to kill ANY fixes, making your citation of a bill that's going nowhere utterly pointless.
Have you looked into the links I posted about TPS status & work visas for Venezuelan migrants ?
What you've been raging about might already be happening, just not instantly, as you think it should.
Apologies for interrupting your rant with some facts.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm All because we're too stupid to simply give these people work VISAs.
Simple question. Would giving arriving uninvited migrants immediate work visas result in more or fewer migrants coming ?
What's your limit of how many legal immigrants we let in per year?
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:03 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:16 pm All because we're too stupid to simply give these people work VISAs.
Simple question. Would giving arriving uninvited migrants immediate work visas result in more or fewer migrants coming ?
What's your limit of how many legal immigrants we let in per year?
However many are allowed by law.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:10 pm Republican leaders went from the above to "poisoning our blood" and "people from sh(thole countries".

Take a bow, you're at rock bottom.
:lol: ...Dems are now blaming the (R)'s for not rescuing them from the Open Border policy they implemented.

Make me accept fewer illegal entrants. Stop me before I kill again.

Obvious you're more interested in telling us "the Dems are bad", than fixing the problem.

Which is WHY the R's killed the bill, and any bill proposed since Obama arrived: to make you and your fellow R voters happy, and to keep you voting Republican.

You will NEVER understand this, no matter how many times I try to tell you this. By all means, keep your head in the sand. Makes no difference to me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm Have you looked into the links I posted about TPS status & work visas for Venezuelan migrants ?
What you've been raging about might already be happening, just not instantly, as you think it should.
So now "might" is the same thing as a "fact" for you?

Cool. Well, then I have news for you: a bill fixing this "might" be passed soon, so I don't want to hear one word from you ranting about our border or immigration.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm Have you looked into the links I posted about TPS status & work visas for Venezuelan migrants ?
So now "might" is the same thing as a "fact" for you?

Cool. Well, then I have news for you: a bill fixing this "might" be passed soon, so I don't want to hear one word from you ranting about our border or immigration.
How 'bout a straight answer. Are Venezuelan migrants in Denver getting work permits based on their TPS status ? Have many been there long enough to apply & receive them ? What do your cab driver consultants tell you ? Maybe help is on the way if they've applied & are awaiting approval.

They're working the issue i NY.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/45-day ... enezuelans
White House announced plans to grant Temporary Protected Status to individuals who arrive in the United States from Venezuela on or before July 31, 2023; the City of New York estimates this will allow more than 15,000 Venezuelan individuals to attain legal work status within 30 days.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:00 pm How 'bout a straight answer. Are Venezuelan migrants in Denver getting work permits based on their TPS status ?
F no. Why would I be talking about "no work visas" it they were being handed out right now....or if we were told WHEN they would be handed out?

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Have many been there long enough to apply & receive them ? What do your cab driver consultants tell you ?
You mean the refugees I've met from Ukraine and Afghanistan that I hear from first hand, unlike you, who thinks he knows what's going on a half a dozen States away because some desk jockey at National Review "sez so". Heaven forbid I get a first hand understanding of the refugees in Denver....your way of getting your information is SO much better. :roll:
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Maybe help is on the way if they've applied & are awaiting approval.
And if that's true? Guess what? Eventually they'll be paying in to the Denver economy, just like the cabbies are. Fake problem solved...by the Dems.
Oh no. Not that.

Send more. We'll be fine. We are DESPERATE for workers out here.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:23 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:00 pm How 'bout a straight answer. Are Venezuelan migrants in Denver getting work permits based on their TPS status ?
F no. Why would I be talking about "no work visas" it they were being handed out right now....or if we were told WHEN they would be handed out?

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Have many been there long enough to apply & receive them ? What do your cab driver consultants tell you ?
You mean the refugees I've met from Ukraine and Afghanistan that I hear from first hand, unlike you, who thinks he knows what's going on a half a dozen States away because some desk jockey at National Review "sez so". Heaven forbid I get a first hand understanding of the refugees in Denver....your way of getting your information is SO much better. :roll:
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Maybe help is on the way if they've applied & are awaiting approval.
And if that's true? Guess what? Eventually they'll be paying in to the Denver economy, just like the cabbies are. Fake problem solved...by the Dems.
Oh no. Not that.

Send more. We'll be fine. We are DESPERATE for workers out here.
So what's the problem ? Why is your Mayor going around the country complaining that Denver can't afford this & asking for Federal funding.
Biden would not have ended the remain in Mexico policy & granted TPS status to entire countries, waving all these migrants into the country, if he did not have a plan for taking care of them. After all, the Dems controlled both houses of Congress the first two years of his Presidency. You can't keep blaming Reagan, 4 decades later.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:18 am]So what's the problem ? Why is your Mayor going around the country complaining that Denver can't afford this & asking for Federal funding.
Because the refugees can't legally work right now, and therefore pay taxes to Denver....which means Denver is 100% on the hook. Do you want me to break out the puppets to explain this to you for a fourth time?

I told you we handled large numbers of Ukrainian and Afghani refugee just fine....because we gave them work visas. Pay attention.
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Biden would not have ended the remain in Mexico policy & granted TPS status to entire countries, waving all these migrants into the country, if he did not have a plan for taking care of them. After all, the Dems controlled both houses of Congress the first two years of his Presidency. You can't keep blaming Reagan, 4 decades later.
You mean like how Trump had a "plan" for the 10million+ illegal workers that were living here under Trump?

Or Obama? Or Bush? Or Clinton?

You don't get it. You think that the number 1,000,000 is larger than 10,000,000+ . We have been dealing with MILLIONS of illegal workers for DECADES. You are trying to convince yourself that no, that's not true, the illegal workers just showed up with Biden and his little D.

If these Venezuelans in Colorado get visas? Great. But that doesn't fix the FAR LARGER PROBLEM: we still have tens of millions of folks working here illegally, OS. THAT is the larger problem.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:18 am]So what's the problem ? Why is your Mayor going around the country complaining that Denver can't afford this & asking for Federal funding.
Because the refugees can't legally work right now, and therefore pay taxes to Denver....which means Denver is 100% on the hook. Do you want me to break out the puppets to explain this to you for a fourth time?

I told you we handled large numbers of Ukrainian and Afghani refugee just fine....because we gave them work visas. Pay attention.
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm Biden would not have ended the remain in Mexico policy & granted TPS status to entire countries, waving all these migrants into the country, if he did not have a plan for taking care of them. After all, the Dems controlled both houses of Congress the first two years of his Presidency. You can't keep blaming Reagan, 4 decades later.
You mean like how Trump had a "plan" for the 10million+ illegal workers that were living here under Trump?

You don't get it. You think that the number 1,000,000 is larger than 10,000,000+ . We have been dealing with MILLIONS of illegal workers for DECADES. You are trying to convince yourself that no, that's not true, the illegal workers just showed up with Biden and his little D.

If these Venezuelans in Colorado get visas? Great. But that doesn't fix the FAR LARGER PROBLEM: we still have tens of millions of folks working here illegally, OS. THAT is the larger problem.
Get them on the payroll so that they can pay taxes. We are sub optimizing a resource.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:08 pm

Get them on the payroll so that they can pay taxes. We are sub optimizing a resource.
And keeping them from enrolling in colleges and trade schools....or taking out SBA loans to start a business, for fear of being deported. We're idiots.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:26 pm

And keeping them from enrolling in colleges and trade schools....or taking out SBA loans to start a business, for fear of being deported. We're idiots.
Of course, they're all idiots. Have to love the SoH admitting publicly that they were counting on a member be in surgery and that's how the arrived at scheduling a vote to impeach a cabinet member. Only problem is that said member opted out of surgery and had himself carted in for a vote and only THEN had the medical procedure. :oops: :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:58 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:26 pm

Of course, they're all idiots. Have to love the SoH admitting publicly that they were counting on a member be in surgery and that's how the arrived at scheduling a vote to impeach a cabinet member. Only problem is that said member opted out of surgery and had himself carted in for a vote and only THEN had the medical procedure. :oops: :oops:
Old Soldier rewards this behavior.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

...but wait. You've been telling us it's a fake problem. If we've been dealing with it for decades, why is it a problem now.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm Vintage James Carville on Anderson tonight. He said:

The Republicans in Congress can’t pass gas. Maybe they should make Rudy speaker because we know he can pass gas. :lol:
I haven’t dropped R yet and had 20 boneless blazin wings last night. I can pass gas but I have to be cautious it’s not really LNG in there that could run down my leg…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:38 pm

...but wait. You've been telling us it's a fake problem. If we've been dealing with it for decades, why is it a problem now.
Nope. I've been telling you that YOUR and your buds "border crisis" is a fake problem. Nice try at a strawman because you've finally figured out that the border ain't the problem, so you're trying to move the goalpost in order to "win" an argument.

Reagan---patron saint of REAL conservatives fixed the problem he faced----total amnesty, go freaking get a job. You know: like you USED to think before you let your mind get polluted by 20 years of FoxNation-NationalReview fake conservatives who tell you what to think.

So you come on here, telling us that because you think it "might' encourage more border crossings, you think it's a bad idea to give every one here in the US Work Visas. So what do you do? Nothing. And shoot down any attempt to fix the problem because of half-wit garbage logic sold to you by 1%ers who BENEFIT from the status quo.

Keep it up. This thread is now 6 years old, with no end in sight, and you are STILL falling all over yourself to buy the excuses sold to you by 1%ers as to why "gee whiz, golly. It's SO hard to print out work visas and send pictures and signatures to a freaking server in Wash DC". :roll:

You win. You got what you want, again: nothing. Take a bow.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:52 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:38 pm

Nope. I've been telling you that YOUR and your buds "border crisis" is a fake problem. Nice try at a strawman because you've finally figured out that the border ain't the problem, so you're trying to move the goalpost in order to "win" an argument.

Reagan---patron saint of REAL conservatives fixed the problem he faced----total amnesty, go freaking get a job. You know: like you USED to think before you let your mind get polluted by 20 years of FoxNation-NationalReview fake conservatives who tell you what to think.

So you come on here, telling us that because you think it "might' encourage more border crossings, you think it's a bad idea to give every one here in the US Work Visas. So what do you do? Nothing. And shoot down any attempt to fix the problem because of half-wit garbage logic sold to you by 1%ers who BENEFIT from the status quo.

Keep it up. This thread is now 6 years old, with no end in sight, and you are STILL falling all over yourself to buy the excuses sold to you by 1%ers as to why "gee whiz, golly. It's SO hard to print out work visas and send pictures and signatures to a freaking server in Wash DC". :roll:

You win. You got what you want, again: nothing. Take a bow.
As usual, you lie about my position. I've never said anything against work visas. I'm just laughing at your insistence that it should (or could) happen instantly & automatically. Or that it would mitigate the border crisis. It would just increase the pull factor.

Imho, we need to legitimize those already here unlawfully, allow them to work, then see how many more we need.
I don't consider that amnesty, unless they are offered citizenship, rather than just legal residence.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm As usual, you lie about my position. I've never said anything against work visas.
Yeah. I know. That's the ENTIRE point: you're unable to grasp that work visas are ACTUAL issue. You keep buying your party line that "the border" is the problem, because you are unable to think counter to anything your party or media tells you to think.
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm I'm just laughing at your insistence that it should (or could) happen instantly & automatically. Or that it would mitigate the border crisis. It would just increase the pull factor.
And I'm laughing at your garbage-can "logic". This is a THEORY. A theory disproven by Reagan. He gave everyone here amnesty. What happened? Were our "borders open" as you and your fellow doorknobs are complaining in about in 2023?

You can't think for yourself, and do whatever anyone with a R by their name tells you. So if they tell you "we can't grant amnesty or work visas "because" more people will come..."therefore", we won't EVER pass any bills addressing the actual problem".....you guzzle this half-wit logic as fast as you can, and buy their buffalo bagels.

You IMMEDIATELY understand that that folks with a D by their name are full of sh(t. Yet somehow, in your mind, you think the Republicans are perfect, and couldn't POSSIBLY have sh*tty, poorly thought out policies...so you adopt them without a moment's hesitation. It's annoying as hell. :roll:
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm Imho, we need to legitimize those already here unlawfully, allow them to work, then see how many more we need.
:lol: This is LITERALLY what I just told you, and have been telling you since our attention turned to Venezuelans in Denver.

And your reaction to this was to laugh at me above. Now you're on here, acting like you came up with this all by yourself. Cool.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:25 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm As usual, you lie about my position. I've never said anything against work visas.
Yeah. I know. That's the ENTIRE point: you're unable to grasp that work visas are ACTUAL issue. You keep buying your party line that "the border" is the problem, because you are unable to think counter to anything your party or media tells you to think.
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm I'm just laughing at your insistence that it should (or could) happen instantly & automatically. Or that it would mitigate the border crisis. It would just increase the pull factor.
And I'm laughing at your garbage-can "logic". This is a THEORY. A theory disproven by Reagan. He gave everyone here amnesty. What happened? Were our "borders open" as you and your fellow doorknobs are complaining in about in 2023?

You can't think for yourself, and do whatever anyone with a R by their name tells you. So if they tell you "we can't grant amnesty or work visas "because" more people will come..."therefore", we won't EVER pass any bills addressing the actual problem".....you guzzle this half-wit logic as fast as you can, and buy their buffalo bagels.

You IMMEDIATELY understand that that folks with a D by their name are full of sh(t. Yet somehow, in your mind, you think the Republicans are perfect, and couldn't POSSIBLY have sh*tty, poorly thought out policies...so you adopt them without a moment's hesitation. It's annoying as hell. :roll:
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:58 pm Imho, we need to legitimize those already here unlawfully, allow them to work, then see how many more we need.
:lol: This is LITERALLY what I just told you, and have been telling you since our attention turned to Venezuelans in Denver.

And your reaction to this was to laugh at me above. Now you're on here, acting like you came up with this all by yourself. Cool.
Let go of your Reagan obsession. that was nearly 4 decades ago. A lot has changed in the interim. Ask MDLF76 about the global migration crisis. Single male Mexican migrants were the primary source of illegal entrants then. That has changed. That was before the asylum loophole, the cartel caravans, the movement of US industrial jobs to Mexico, & the flood of migrants from Central America, Venezuela, Haiti & Cuba magnified by TPS parole status. Now that Biden has completely opened the border, the rest of the world is heading to Mexico to cross our southern border. Reagan faced nothing of this magnitude. There will be a time for another version of Reagan's amnesty, but it won't work until we regain border security & meter the inflow, or we'll continue to be overwhelmed. Our number of migrant entries now exceeds our national birth rate.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:13 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:25 pm

Let go of your Reagan obsession. that was nearly 4 decades ago. A lot has changed in the interim
Citing facts is dismissed as an "obsession". You'll NEVER catch on to being played by your party.

We had this EXACT same conversation way back in 2019 (see below). Five freaking years ago, where you were giving the same excuses for your party for doing nothing. You are unable to EVER hold your party accountable for anything. You've never---not once-----in over 15 years of posting, held your party leaders for failing to get something done. It's ALWAYS the Dems fault. And you're too far gone to understand you do this over and over and over....every other poster has watched you sink further into the TrumpNation morass. Dems are bad. That's all you can give us for every single issue on here.

You're unable to understand that "we need to seal the border first" is an excuse, not a fact that's etched in stone. You do this all the time: cite an opinion "we need to seal the border first" as a fact. It's NOT a fact. It's an excuse you've taken from your Party leaders, and bandy it about here as your own independent idea.

You've been buying this stupid excuse of "we need to seal the border first" for YEARS. Wake up.
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:11 am
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 am

The bill — the more conservative option of two pieces of immigration legislation originally scheduled to be voted on this week — was defeated by a final vote of 193-231. No Democrats voted for the bill, and ...41 Republicans voted nay[/i]
What's the quote supposed to show me? That 41 Republicans don't share your view that this is an emergency?

Take it up with them. But you won't. And neither will your fellow Republican voters.

So yep, groundhog day. Groundhog Day because Republican voters don't hold Republican Congressmen to account. Instead, you blame Democrats for being in the way, even when, laughably, there's a Republican majority.

You're asking, begging to be allowed to blame the Dems for doing it wrong. So that's what Trump and the R's give you. Groundhog day.

You'll catch on some day. Maybe.
5 years later. You STILL haven't caught on. Should we go for another 10 years before you figure this out, OS?

Return to “POLITICS”