Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: More Good News

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:27 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm Hindu Forum #Canada successfully mobilised the entire Indian community to participate in a powerful display of solidarity with ‘Canadian Jewish organizations’. Several thousand individuals joined together with Israel's Jewish population and innocent civilians to firmly protest against the actions of Hamas terrorists.

https://x.com/siddhantvm/status/1711778017159287073

:lol: :lol: :lol: What do your “Indian” friends think?

https://m.thewire.in/article/world/hind ... nflict/amp

A lot of folks in your clip don’t look Indian to me.
... I only saw two! :lol: :lol:
Southern Indians!!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:52 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:42 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:33 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:22 am Can't wait for Republicans to start rejecting more extreme candidates in favor of more centrist ones. I'm sure it'll happen any day now...

(Meanwhile Boebert wins her primary...)
So no opinion about Bowman and his anti semitic hate filled speech? No surprise there, your only option is to try and deflect criticism.
It was pretty obvious from my post that I prefer the more centrist candidate winning. I guess you can't handle that though.

And the Democrat voters spoke their mind about it the same way. Pretty stark difference between the two parties nowadays.

Good for Dems for voting in a more reasonable candidate! Bowman certainly did a lot of idiotic stuff after his first election which didn't sit well with his constituents.

My comments still stand though - you have a Democrat that had numerous scandals and was considered leftist lose his re-election bid because Democratic voters thought he's too extreme. On the Republican side, you have an extremist MAGA insurrectionist once again nominated by Republican voters.
... C&S and the other guy are disappointed that no one cares about Bowman being defeated by a Clinton democrat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Bowman has quite the vocabulary. I really don't give a rats ass what Democrats do and who wins over who. That's your business not mine. I haven't been able to wrap my head around the fact that Democrats are stupid enough to allow DFJ to run again. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Re: Life by the Sword: The IDF

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:00 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:00 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm Just stumbled across this the other day. Really well done. Interesting, touching, informative. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Israel, or who is interested to know how the IDF came to be, how they live day to day, and more. It was released in 2012 yet isn't outdated in the least. I'm halfway through the 2nd of 3 episodes. Enjoying it a great deal. Also on Freevee and AppleTV.

https://tubitv.com/series/300009498/lif ... nse-forces
Remarkable how Livni's comments still hold true more than 10 years later. I think C&S said it the other day: As much as things change, they stay the same.

From the documentary...

And that observation went over like a fart in church from the usual suspects on this forum. ;) I thought the USA fought a world war to end the Holocaust against the Jews. Sadly the hatred towards Jews has seen a pathetic resurgence on the campuses of elite FLP American universities. Hitler would be so very proud of how his vision for exterminating the Jews has found a rebirth on American universities of elitist thinking. Young liberal mostly white young skulls full of mush are ripe for the picking. :roll:
Really? You think that was what motivated the protectionist US to enter WWII?

Please assure me you jest.

The US and a lot of Europe knew what had been happening in Germany throughout the 1930s and did bupkis about it.

Should they have done something earlier when millions could have possibly been saved? Ab-so-fcuking-lutely!

But they didn’t. And have lived with the shame and guilt ever since.

But if you have some sources that reflect your position, I’m all ears.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:36 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm Just stumbled across this the other day. Really well done. Interesting, touching, informative. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Israel, or who is interested to know how the IDF came to be, how they live day to day, and more. It was released in 2012 yet isn't outdated in the least. I'm halfway through the 2nd of 3 episodes. Enjoying it a great deal. Also on Freevee and AppleTV.

Remarkable how Livni's comments still hold true more than 10 years later. I think C&S said it the other day: As much as things change, they stay the same.

From the documentary...

And that observation went over like a fart in church from the usual suspects on this forum. ;) I thought the USA fought a world war to end the Holocaust against the Jews. Sadly the hatred towards Jews has seen a pathetic resurgence on the campuses of elite FLP American universities. Hitler would be so very proud of how his vision for exterminating the Jews has found a rebirth on American universities of elitist thinking. Young liberal mostly white young skulls full of mush are ripe for the picking. :roll:

The US and a lot of Europe knew what had been happening in Germany throughout the 1930s and did bupkis about it.

Should they have done something earlier when millions could have possibly been saved? Ab-so-fcuking-lutely!

Nah, ONW will hide on that "rebuke".

I'm really skeptical of his claims of being Jewish, but perhaps I'm mixing him up with another poster who made the arguments about Jesus' exact words...?

But "love Israel" is an interesting tell. That wording may be used by some Jews, but it's the sort of thing you hear from evangelicals. I have an awful lot of Jewish friends many of whom are heavily involved in philanthropic works in Israel and I haven't heard them phrase it that way. But I have heard evangelicals do so.

And I can't think of any reasonably educated Jew who would claim that's why "America fought a war to end the Holocaust against the Jews". They know better. Heck, I knew better in middle school reading Uris.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Love to see this. Brave Israeli soldiers singing in unison and dancing. A brief respite from seemingly always being at war and on guard for Israel.

https://x.com/APbrooklyn_NY/status/1806416895035224356

Correction by the original poster: "The Eternal Nation has no fear... It's basically the same message, but I wanted to correct it."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:00 pm

From the documentary...

I'm really skeptical of his claims of being Jewish, but perhaps I'm mixing him up with another poster who made the arguments about Jesus' exact words...?

But "love Israel" is an interesting tell. That wording may be used by some Jews, but it's the sort of thing you hear from evangelicals. I have an awful lot of Jewish friends many of whom are heavily involved in philanthropic works in Israel and I haven't heard them phrase it that way. But I have heard evangelicals do so.

And I can't think of any reasonably educated Jew who would claim that's why "America fought a war to end the Holocaust against the Jews". They know better. Heck, I knew better in middle school reading Uris.
And he's all about the Bible. We'll, we're not sure which bible. Jew for Jesus / Messianic Jew?

He's just link bombing with pro Israel stuff multiple times per day. It's interesting to observe. And it's funny that 99% of the people around here agree that Israel has a right to exist, are anti-hamas, are against anti-semitism. Some of us just want to limit civilian deaths (on both sides I might add). Yet he frames it like half the posters want Israel and its people wiped off the map.

Makes you wonder the motivation and the ra-ra. The lady doth protests too much, methinks.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

From the documentary...

... history has never been his strong suit. The US most definitely did not go to war because of the Jews being persecuted by Nazis. Its only because Harry Truman decided to do the right thing, recognize Israel at its founding, when the new state was poised to be overrun by the Arabs. Hardly widely supported by his national security folks or his cabinet. Ultimately lead George Marshall to resign (he didn't support the recognition of Israel) as I recall.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:00 pm

From the documentary...

And he's all about the Bible. We'll, we're not sure which bible. Jew for Jesus / Messianic Jew?

He's just link bombing with pro Israel stuff multiple times per day. It's interesting to observe. And it's funny that 99% of the people around here agree that Israel has a right to exist, are anti-hamas, are against anti-semitism. Some of us just want to limit civilian deaths (on both sides I might add). Yet he frames it like half the posters want Israel and its people wiped off the map.

Makes you wonder the motivation and the ra-ra. The lady doth protests too much, methinks.
... he is a troll. It is what he does.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:30 am “ Israel’s Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled that the military must begin drafting ultra-Orthodox Jewish men, a decision that threatened to split Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition government amid the war in Gaza.

In a unanimous decision, nine judges held that there was no legal basis for the longstanding military exemption given to many ultra-Orthodox religious students. Given the absence of a law distinguishing between seminarians and other men of draft age, the court ruled, the country’s compulsory service laws must similarly apply to the ultra-Orthodox minority.

In a country where military service is compulsory for most Jewish men and women, the exemption for the ultra-Orthodox has long been a source of contention for secular Israelis. But anger over the group’s special treatment has grown as the war in Gaza has stretched into its ninth month, requiring tens of thousands of reservists to serve multiple tours and costing the lives of hundreds of soldiers.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/25/worl ... court.html
This is a much bigger issue than is being discussed on here.

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish protesters attack Israeli minister’s car amid anger at military draft ruling

A disproportionate amount of this population are among the "settlements" into Palestinian land as well.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

First time poster on this side of the Forum. I think everyone needs a deep dive on Zionism and its origins... see link below. We're not getting the whole truth and when you start to put the puzzle together, you start to see a really eff'd up picture.

https://x.com/LetsGoBrando45/status/1808016550055555385
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:46 am First time poster on this side of the Forum. I think everyone needs a deep dive on Zionism and its origins... see link below. We're not getting the whole truth and when you start to put the puzzle together, you start to see a really eff'd up picture.

https://x.com/LetsGoBrando45/status/1808016550055555385
Hmm. Any video with a screen grab featuring a stylized Israeli flag inset with a Nazi symbol expropriated from another culture smacks of either sloppy reporting at best or outright misinformation and propaganda at worst.

If you would, please summarize the information contained in that video.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

There is a large segment of the population very opposed to what is going on right now. One of the fears there is that Israel is becoming rhat which it most hates.

There is a lot of misinformation in the ethers.
Most of it tilting the field one direction.

It was probably too much to expect peace would be the long game and context would be part of the conversation.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

To say that there are factual inaccuracies within Gait's video may be one of the grossest understatements that have ever left my mouth. So inaccurate it teeters towards parody.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
a fan

Post by a fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:59 pm To say that there are factual inaccuracies within Gait's video may be one of the grossest understatements that have ever left my mouth. So inaccurate it teeters towards parody.
Ya think? Only thing missing is the moon landing was fake, Jewish Space Lasers killed JFK, 9/11 was a hoax, the Covid Vax is fake, and that Bigfoot and Nessie are hiding together in a two-story walkup in Cleveland.

Only thing I want to know is, is TInFoilHat that was used to receive all this stellar stuff...... good enough to get ACC lacrosse games for free?

Next thing you know, TeamTinFoil is going to find that (insert ominous music) there are Christians in every business and government organization in the world!!! The Christians have "infiltrated" our whole world. Oh no! Not THAT!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:59 pm To say that there are factual inaccuracies within Gait's video may be one of the grossest understatements that have ever left my mouth. So inaccurate it teeters towards parody.
We could say it tweeters?
Typical Lax Dad

Seems like an absolute mess.

https://www.economist.com/middle-east-a ... -hizbullah

The next terrifying war: Israel v Hizbullah
It would feature kamikaze drones, mass blackouts and the largest missile barrage in history

A war is looming in Lebanon. For months, Israel and Hizbullah have traded drones, rockets and missiles (see charts). Northern Israel has been blasted and depopulated: 70,000 people have been displaced. More have left southern Lebanon. Several countries including America are telling their citizens to leave Lebanon. Israel’s leaders talk of war as though it is inevitable. It would be the most intense conflict in the region in decades—a calamity for Israel and a disaster for Lebanon.

There are still ways out. American and European diplomats continue to shuttle between Israel and Lebanon, hoping, with less and less optimism, to persuade Hizbullah to withdraw 7-10km away from the border. On July 2nd the group said it would stop firing if there was a ceasefire in Gaza. Even then, the result would be a tenuous peace at best, with the threat of cross-border raids by Hizbullah Israel dissuading many Israelis from returning.

If Israel decides to launch a war to weaken Hizbullah and push it north, it might involve a limited ground invasion of southern Lebanon, an area that it occupied until 2000. That alone would be a major military undertaking. In 2006, when the two sides fought a 34-day war, Hizbullah squads used hundreds of anti-tank weapons to blunt Israeli armoured assaults, shocking the Israel Defence Forces (idf).

In the 18 years since, both sides have learnt from that experience. In 2006 the Israeli Air Force (iaf) attacked around 100 targets a day. Now, officers boast, they could hit more than 3,000. Hizbullah has been weakened over the past nine months; it has lost nearly 400 fighters and much of its military infrastructure in the south. Iran does not believe the group is ready for a big war, say Western intelligence officials.

Others in the idf warn of complacency. Hizbullah is far better prepared for an Israeli ground invasion of Lebanon than Ukraine was against Russia in February 2022, says an officer who has studied the Lebanese group. The idf would advance, but probably more slowly and at far higher cost than in the last war. Hizbullah will probably “absorb the shock”, says Khalil Helou, a retired Lebanese general, before striking Israel’s flanks and rear with “guerrilla tactics”, including from an extensive tunnel network, built with help from North Korea.

There have been four major changes since 2006. One is that Hizbullah has acquired a wide range of Iranian-designed kamikaze drones. Many of the idf’s tanks and armoured vehicles now have active-protection systems which can counter anti-tank missiles. But the drones target weaker points on the top of vehicles.

The second is the development of Hizbullah’s ground forces. After 2006 younger Hizbullah fighters, observing both Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and Islamic State in Syria’s civil war, argued that their own leaders were too dependent on fixed fortifications, which could be struck or bypassed. The response was to build up its elite Radwan force, intended to strike as far as 20km into Israel. Third, the group’s experience fighting in Syria alongside the Russian air force taught it the value of more and heavier explosive warheads.

Finally, that firepower has also become more accurate. Hizbullah now routinely uses small quadcopters to identify immediate targets for rockets. It has also been sending reconnaissance drones to identify targets and, one or two days later, strike drones to attack them “very accurately”, says the officer. Positions that the idf once thought were well camouflaged have repeatedly been found and hit, he says. “The only reason we don’t have huge casualties in the north,” he adds, “is that our forces remain out of sight.” If the idf had to go on the offensive, that would change.

Then there is the matter of scale. Israeli generals talk optimistically of a limited ground manoeuvre to capture a “security zone” to prevent Hizbullah from firing on Israeli border villages. In 1982 the idf needed seven divisions to invade Lebanon. Four divisions were used in the smaller war of 2006. At present, the idf is stretched thin in Gaza and the West Bank. At least one of the units sent to training bases in the north for exercises, in terrain simulating Lebanon, has already been sent back to fight in Gaza. “I don’t see where they’re going to bring enough soldiers from,” says one reservist who took part in those drills.

The ground war is only half the problem. Even before Israeli troops cross the border, Israel will almost certainly launch air strikes with the aim of eliminating as much as it can of Hizbullah’s missile launchers and stockpiles. Civilian casualties are inevitable—many of the launchers are in villages. It will also lead to further escalation as Hizbullah will have an incentive to launch its missiles towards central Israel before they are destroyed. If that occurs, Israel is likely to escalate two steps further, striking political targets, including Hizbullah’s headquarters in cities, and Lebanon’s civilian infrastructure.

For now, Hizbullah’s rocket strikes are largely confined to military targets in northern Israel. In the event of a ground invasion of Lebanon, it would probably expand the scope and intensity of that campaign. In 2006 the group had around 15,000 rockets and missiles, of which the vast majority were unguided and of less than 20km range—well short of reaching the northern Israeli city of Haifa. It fired around 120 per day, killing 53 Israelis and wounding 250 and damaging 2,000 buildings. The next war will be far more intense. Hizbullah now has more than 120,000 rockets and missiles, many that could reach Tel Aviv and beyond and with precision guidance.

The effects are described in an unpublished report produced by more than 100 experts and Israeli former officials convened by Reichman University in Herzliya and finalised in October. It warns that Hizbullah might fire 2,500 to 3,000 missiles per day, 25 times the rate of 2006, for three weeks running. That would be the largest sustained missile barrage in history anywhere. Even if American destroyers offshore were to take out larger missiles, Israel’s defensive systems would be swamped in places, resulting in heavy casualties—some estimates suggest tens of thousands.

Reality dawns
The Israeli public is beginning to grapple with what it would mean, in practice, to face that volume of missiles. On June 20th Shaul Goldstein, the head of Noga, a government-owned power company, cautioned that Hizbullah strikes on the power grid could have devastating consequences. “The bottom line is that after 72 hours, it is impossible to live in Israel”, he said. “We are not ready for a real war. We live in a fantasy world.” Israel’s energy minister hit back, insisting that long blackouts were an “extreme scenario with low probability”.

Undoubtedly, the idf would seek to curb the missile threat by tackling the problem on the ground. It has already begun doing so. In February and in May the iaf attacked buildings in the Bekaa Valley identified as guided-missile production sites. Depots and launchers are much harder to find and hit, however. Since January, Hizbullah has moved many of its most important weapons out of the south to the Bekaa Valley and Faraya, a mountainous region, says another Western intelligence source, making them even tougher to target. Its air defences have also improved, which might limit the iaf’s freedom of manoeuvre: the group has shot down seven large Israeli drones since October 7th.

If Israel cannot stop the missiles before they launch, it will rely on a crude form of deterrence by punishment. Should it be forced into a war with Hizbullah, Israel’s aims, writes Yitzhak Gershon, who was deputy commander of Israel’s northern command in recent months, will be “to destroy the state of Lebanon to its foundations”. Gaza would look like “paradise in comparison”, he adds. “It is important for me to make it clear to our enemies,” declared Eli Cohen, Israel’s energy and infrastructure minister, on June 20th, “If there is a power outage lasting for hours [in Israel], in Lebanon, there will be a power outage for months.” Mr Helou retorts that Lebanese infrastructure is already in such dreadful condition that this might have little deterrent effect.

At the outset of a war, each side will also have to make tricky judgments over how far their patrons will back them. Israel is confident that America will provide a degree of air and missile defence, as it did against an Iranian barrage in April. What is less certain is whether it would play any offensive role, for instance striking coastal missile batteries that target warships. Iran wants to avoid a direct clash with America or Israel. It would almost certainly encourage drone and missile attacks by proxy forces in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Israeli assessments also suggest that it might intervene directly, probably through long-range missile strikes, in the event that Israel were to target Hizbullah’s leadership.

The point of any Israeli war would ultimately be to remove the sense of dread hanging over northern Israel which is preventing citizens from returning. After Hamas’s attacks of October 7th Israel cannot tolerate the notion of such a threat on its borders. But Israeli experts are sceptical that this is presently achievable at acceptable cost. The army is tired from Gaza and needs at least six months to prepare for another war and to allow its political leaders to repair ties with America and other allies, says a veteran Mossad bigwig—one reason why he, like so many other ex-spooks and generals, wants a deal.

The idf could create a 10km buffer zone in Lebanon, suggests Tamir Hayman, a recent Israeli military intelligence chief, but the result would be an exhausting war of attrition, much like the one it waged through the 1990s. “If you want to create a change, you need to destroy all of [Hizbullah’s] system,” he says. “And right now I think it cannot be achieved.”
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:00 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:35 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:52 pm No TinFoil needed.
Lol. Yeah yeah good talk.
Translation: I"m going to completely ignore your complete dismantling of my TinFoilHat theories, and change the subject.

Guess you don't have a Christian Conspiracy on hand to explain why it's ok with GaitsHand that we have so many Christians in American media?

Funny, that.
I'll leave it at this... there's a difference between Anti-Zionism and Antisemitism.

Try this one out- (click link to open) https://jacobin.com/2024/01/shaul-magid ... sm-history
"Defenders of Israel's brutal war on Gaza have attempted to conflate Anti-Zionism with Antisemitism"
(conflate means to combine two ideas into one).

One question though... Are the Orthodox Jews against Zionism antisemitic?
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1807806876123316286
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1804883664074948884
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1808036313586688066
https://twitter.com/CensoredMen/status/ ... 7574559880

The mainstream doesn't cover this on purpose. This is why the US wants to ban X and Tik Tok. Too much uncensored information/videos getting out there....
So.....now that you know you're being silly, and can't defend your tinfoil nonsense........ you move the goalposts to ACTUALLY discuss what's happening in Israel and Gaza. Great. Welcome aboard.

Two ENTIRELY different conversations that you're intentionally conflating. But great. Welcome to that conversation...it's on another thread.

And if you took, oh, about fifteen minutes of reading time on the Israel thread, you'll find that we've discussed Gaza in depth. Oh, and you'd find that there isn't a single poster cheering Bibi on with his extreme handling of Gaza. There are a few who understand WHY Bibi is doing what he is doing. But understanding and cheering him on aren't the same thing.

Have a look. You're tilting at imaginary windmills, my man. Folks here are (mostly) not at all happy with things like the Settlements and the Draconian handling of Gaza.

Save the TinFoilhat stuff for some other website, and discuss REAL issues happening here. Plenty of conspiracy forums on the internet, believe me.
LMFAO. Are you serious? Your "dismantling" was word vomit. That went a million different places. You even tried bringing stuff up out of context to try and manipulate my words. I couldn't even keep track of the point you were trying to make besides that "I'm an antisemite because I'm an anti-zionist."
Nope. Didn't say that.

All I'm making fun of is your idea that Jewish people can't own things. And if they do own things or have (gasp!) management positions in companies. You think they're "conspiring" to do something.

Pretty simple stuff. Please, by all means, tell us that's not what you're telling us here. It's certainly what Ford meant. Ford, a Christian, thinks it's NOT a conspiracy if he and his fellow Christians own and manage things like Automoblie companies.

But if those nasty Jewish people own stuff? Oh, that's OBVIOUSLY because they're "up to something".

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:09 pm So I addressed that in my last post. Being an anti-zionist does not make you an anti-semite. Sent 4 videos (go look them up, theres 100's) of Orthodox Jews against Zionism/Israel. Can you answer if those Orthodox Jews are antisemitic?
Totally different conversation. For the second time, you're INTENTIONALLY conflating two totally different discussion.

And the REASON you want to conflate this, is because you're now a walking internet meme: "Just because I criticize Jewish people....blah blah blah".

Yeah. I know. You are WELCOME to criticize all you want. I have ZERO problem with that.

I'm reacting to a conspiracy theory sold to the world by someone who WAS an antisemite, Ford.

Got it? So stop with the "The Jewish people own the media" horsesh(t, and we can move on, and ACTUALLY discuss the current problems in Gaza.

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:09 pm You've been indoctrinated so long- I can understand why this topic is challenging. Especially if you don't know the history of Zionism.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

"You're a fool who isn't paying attention to a word I've written" - A fan.

Dude. Pay attention. Go over to the Israel thread. Not only will you see criticism from other posters on what's been going on in Gaza? You'll see criticism from yours truly, for everything from bullying settlements, to using a sledgehammer when a flyswatter is called for in Gaza. For example? I think Bibi is making things WORSE for everyone, not better.

Get it? But feel free to try and lecture me more, while completely ignoring every word I've written. You're looking for a fight, when there isn't one to be had here.

All I'm telling you is that here in America? Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, et. al. can, and do, own businesses. And just because they do, doesn't mean that any of these groups are "up to something". They're just living their lives, just like you. The fact that I have had to explain this to you several times now should worry you.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:37 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:00 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:35 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:52 pm No TinFoil needed.
Lol. Yeah yeah good talk.
Translation: I"m going to completely ignore your complete dismantling of my TinFoilHat theories, and change the subject.

Guess you don't have a Christian Conspiracy on hand to explain why it's ok with GaitsHand that we have so many Christians in American media?

Funny, that.
I'll leave it at this... there's a difference between Anti-Zionism and Antisemitism.

Try this one out- (click link to open) https://jacobin.com/2024/01/shaul-magid ... sm-history
"Defenders of Israel's brutal war on Gaza have attempted to conflate Anti-Zionism with Antisemitism"
(conflate means to combine two ideas into one).

One question though... Are the Orthodox Jews against Zionism antisemitic?
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1807806876123316286
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1804883664074948884
https://x.com/TorahJudaism/status/1808036313586688066
https://twitter.com/CensoredMen/status/ ... 7574559880

The mainstream doesn't cover this on purpose. This is why the US wants to ban X and Tik Tok. Too much uncensored information/videos getting out there....
So.....now that you know you're being silly, and can't defend your tinfoil nonsense........ you move the goalposts to ACTUALLY discuss what's happening in Israel and Gaza. Great. Welcome aboard.

Two ENTIRELY different conversations that you're intentionally conflating. But great. Welcome to that conversation...it's on another thread.

And if you took, oh, about fifteen minutes of reading time on the Israel thread, you'll find that we've discussed Gaza in depth. Oh, and you'd find that there isn't a single poster cheering Bibi on with his extreme handling of Gaza. There are a few who understand WHY Bibi is doing what he is doing. But understanding and cheering him on aren't the same thing.

Have a look. You're tilting at imaginary windmills, my man. Folks here are (mostly) not at all happy with things like the Settlements and the Draconian handling of Gaza.

Save the TinFoilhat stuff for some other website, and discuss REAL issues happening here. Plenty of conspiracy forums on the internet, believe me.
LMFAO. Are you serious? Your "dismantling" was word vomit. That went a million different places. You even tried bringing stuff up out of context to try and manipulate my words. I couldn't even keep track of the point you were trying to make besides that "I'm an antisemite because I'm an anti-zionist."
Nope. Didn't say that.

All I'm making fun of is your idea that Jewish people can't own things. And if they do own things or have (gasp!) management positions in companies. You think they're "conspiring" to do something.

Pretty simple stuff. Please, by all means, tell us that's not what you're telling us here. It's certainly what Ford meant. Ford, a Christian, thinks it's NOT a conspiracy if he and his fellow Christians own and manage things like Automoblie companies.

But if those nasty Jewish people own stuff? Oh, that's OBVIOUSLY because they're "up to something".

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:09 pm So I addressed that in my last post. Being an anti-zionist does not make you an anti-semite. Sent 4 videos (go look them up, theres 100's) of Orthodox Jews against Zionism/Israel. Can you answer if those Orthodox Jews are antisemitic?
Totally different conversation. For the second time, you're INTENTIONALLY conflating two totally different discussion.

And the REASON you want to conflate this, is because you're now a walking internet meme: "Just because I criticize Jewish people....blah blah blah".

Yeah. I know. You are WELCOME to criticize all you want. I have ZERO problem with that.

I'm reacting to a conspiracy theory sold to the world by someone who WAS an antisemite, Ford.

Got it? So stop with the "The Jewish people own the media" horsesh(t, and we can move on, and ACTUALLY discuss the current problems in Gaza.

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:09 pm You've been indoctrinated so long- I can understand why this topic is challenging. Especially if you don't know the history of Zionism.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

"You're a fool who isn't paying attention to a word I've written" - A fan.

Dude. Pay attention. Go over to the Israel thread. Not only will you see criticism from other posters on what's been going on in Gaza? You'll see criticism from yours truly, for everything from bullying settlements, to using a sledgehammer when a flyswatter is called for in Gaza. For example? I think Bibi is making things WORSE for everyone, not better.

Get it? But feel free to try and lecture me more, while completely ignoring every word I've written. You're looking for a fight, when there isn't one to be had here.

All I'm telling you is that here in America? Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, et. al. can, and do, own businesses. And just because they do, doesn't mean that any of these groups are "up to something". They're just living their lives, just like you. The fact that I have had to explain this to you several times now should worry you.
God forbid that Chinese people own or manage something here in America…. Nvidia needs to be nationalized. You see the guy running it?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Largest land grab in the West Bank in 3 decades. This war is all about the dollars, the land, always has been. Bibi and his fascists are driving this. This is NOT targeting HAMAS, it is targeting the Palestinians!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Israel has, since before its founding wanted all of the Palestinian land. Yesterday Israrl seized 50% of the land it has taken since 1993.

All about the land and trailing dollars indeef

Return to “POLITICS”