Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:22 am Can't wait for Republicans to start rejecting more extreme candidates in favor of more centrist ones. I'm sure it'll happen any day now...

(Meanwhile Boebert wins her primary...)
So no opinion about Bowman and his anti semitic hate filled speech? No surprise there, your only option is to try and deflect criticism.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:33 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:22 am Can't wait for Republicans to start rejecting more extreme candidates in favor of more centrist ones. I'm sure it'll happen any day now...

So no opinion about Bowman and his anti semitic hate filled speech? No surprise there, your only option is to try and deflect criticism.
It was pretty obvious from my post that I prefer the more centrist candidate winning. I guess you can't handle that though.

And the Democrat voters spoke their mind about it the same way. Pretty stark difference between the two parties nowadays.

Good for Dems for voting in a more reasonable candidate! Bowman certainly did a lot of idiotic stuff after his first election which didn't sit well with his constituents.

My comments still stand though - you have a Democrat that had numerous scandals and was considered leftist lose his re-election bid because Democratic voters thought he's too extreme. On the Republican side, you have an extremist MAGA insurrectionist once again nominated by Republican voters.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:42 am

It was pretty obvious from my post that I prefer the more centrist candidate winning. I guess you can't handle that though.

And the Democrat voters spoke their mind about it the same way. Pretty stark difference between the two parties nowadays.

Good for Dems for voting in a more reasonable candidate! Bowman certainly did a lot of idiotic stuff after his first election which didn't sit well with his constituents.

My comments still stand though - you have a Democrat that had numerous scandals and was considered leftist lose his re-election bid because Democratic voters thought he's too extreme. On the Republican side, you have an extremist MAGA insurrectionist once again nominated by Republican voters.
Bowman might have some salty words that would agree your perspective. :D
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

““It’s forbidden for those who don’t study to go to the army. Those who do will end up violating the Shabbat,” Rabbi Moshe Maya, a senior member of the Shas Council of Torah Sages, told Kol Baramah Radio on Tuesday following the High Court of Justice’s ruling ordering the army to begin drafting hitherto exempted Haredim.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senior-sh ... nlist/amp/

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OuttaNowhereWregget

Life by the Sword: The IDF

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Just stumbled across this the other day. Really well done. Interesting, touching, informative. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Israel, or who is interested to know how the IDF came to be, how they live day to day, and more. It was released in 2012 yet isn't outdated in the least. I'm halfway through the 2nd of 3 episodes. Enjoying it a great deal. Also on Freevee and AppleTV.

https://tubitv.com/series/300009498/lif ... nse-forces

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I was 6 rows behind Kate Upton at my last Yankee game.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:43 pm
I was 6 rows behind Kate Upton at my last Yankee game.
... I guess that was your reward for being so "courageous". :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Life by the Sword: The IDF

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm Just stumbled across this the other day. Really well done. Interesting, touching, informative. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Israel, or who is interested to know how the IDF came to be, how they live day to day, and more. It was released in 2012 yet isn't outdated in the least. I'm halfway through the 2nd of 3 episodes. Enjoying it a great deal. Also on Freevee and AppleTV.

Remarkable how Livni's comments still hold true more than 10 years later. I think C&S said it the other day: As much as things change, they stay the same.

From the documentary...

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:00 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm Just stumbled across this the other day. Really well done. Interesting, touching, informative. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Israel, or who is interested to know how the IDF came to be, how they live day to day, and more. It was released in 2012 yet isn't outdated in the least. I'm halfway through the 2nd of 3 episodes. Enjoying it a great deal. Also on Freevee and AppleTV.

Remarkable how Livni's comments still hold true more than 10 years later. I think C&S said it the other day: As much as things change, they stay the same.

From the documentary...

And that observation went over like a fart in church from the usual suspects on this forum. ;) I thought the USA fought a world war to end the Holocaust against the Jews. Sadly the hatred towards Jews has seen a pathetic resurgence on the campuses of elite FLP American universities. Hitler would be so very proud of how his vision for exterminating the Jews has found a rebirth on American universities of elitist thinking. Young liberal mostly white young skulls full of mush are ripe for the picking. :roll:
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

More Good News

Hindu Forum #Canada successfully mobilised the entire Indian community to participate in a powerful display of solidarity with ‘Canadian Jewish organizations’. Several thousand individuals joined together with Israel's Jewish population and innocent civilians to firmly protest against the actions of Hamas terrorists.

https://x.com/siddhantvm/status/1711778017159287073
OuttaNowhereWregget

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:00 am And that observation went over like a fart in church from the usual suspects on this forum. ;) I thought the USA fought a world war to end the Holocaust against the Jews. Sadly the hatred towards Jews has seen a pathetic resurgence on the campuses of elite FLP American universities. Hitler would be so very proud of how his vision for exterminating the Jews has found a rebirth on American universities of elitist thinking. Young liberal mostly white young skulls full of mush are ripe for the picking. :roll:
Sad but true.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: More Good News

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm Hindu Forum #Canada successfully mobilised the entire Indian community to participate in a powerful display of solidarity with ‘Canadian Jewish organizations’. Several thousand individuals joined together with Israel's Jewish population and innocent civilians to firmly protest against the actions of Hamas terrorists.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What do your “Indian” friends think?

https://m.thewire.in/article/world/hind ... nflict/amp

A lot of folks in your clip don’t look Indian to me.
“I wish you would!”
OuttaNowhereWregget

A Democrat Mensch for Israel - Senator John Fetterman

INTERVIEW
Visiting US Senator Fetterman: No to any deal that leaves Hamas in power
Outspoken pro-Israel Democrat says during his first trip to Israel that Biden should not have withheld bombs; backs Netanyahu address to Congress
By Lazar Berman 6.27.24

Backing the position expressed repeatedly by Israel’s leadership, United States Senator John Fetterman (D-PA) said on Thursday that he would oppose any deal with Hamas that ended the Gaza war and left the terror group in power.

“I fully support the prime minister’s idea that he can never allow a permanent ceasefire [if] Hamas is allowed to be functional,” said Fetterman, speaking in Jerusalem during his first trip to Israel.

“That’s my red line on that,” said the freshman senator, clad in his trademark shorts and hoodie sweatshirt. “I could never support Israel being bullied into an artificial kind of permanent ceasefire against an enemy like Hamas.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists he will fight till Hamas is destroyed over its devastating October 7 attack on the country.

Hamas on June 11 said a proposal laid out by US President Joe Biden and backed by Israel did not meet its demand for a complete end to the war in Gaza, responding to the offer with significant amendments that mediators have struggled to bridge.

The Biden proposal reportedly provides for a temporary ceasefire in the first phase of the deal, to be extended into “a sustainable calm (cessation of military operations and hostilities permanently)” in the second phase. However, Netanyahu has repeatedly denied that the proposal provides for ending the war before Israel achieves its two declared goals of destroying Hamas and bringing home all the hostages.

“There will never be any meaningful peace as long as Hamas is allowed to occupy [Gaza],” said the towering Pennsylvania Democrat. “And Gaza will need to be rebuilt. And how could anybody think that’s possible if that organization is there? ”

Earlier this week, National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi said that a program to replace Hamas in the northern Gaza Strip would begin “in the coming days.” It would be based on local Gazans unaffiliated with Hamas.

Hamas rejected any proposal that excludes it from governing Gaza, saying in a statement that the future of the Strip “will be decided by the Palestinian people themselves and no one else.”

“How can you possibly rebuild Gaza when those resources must be flowing through Hamas?” asked Fetterman, on the final day of a 3-day trip during which he met Netanyahu and other senior Israeli officials.

Anyone involved in the reconstruction of Gaza would have “a rifle held to their head” if Hamas remains in power, he argued.

Such a process would “turn into a geyser of resource for Hamas,” Fetterman insisted, which would allow them to rebuild their tunnels and buy weapons.

“We have to have that conversation,” he said, “because it’s very disingenuous if you pretend that, oh, yeah, that rebuild is going to be smooth and it’s just going to be writing some checks and it’s all going to turn out fine.”

Since the Israel-Hamas war began nearly nine months ago, Fetterman has been one of the most outspoken supporters of Israel at the US Capitol, wallpapering his office with the pictures of hostages held by Hamas and wearing dog tags to show his support for their release. The approach has earned him opponents on the left and, uncharacteristically, friends on the right.

The lawmaker has repeatedly stood up to far-left, anti-Israel protesters.

He also disavowed his alma mater, Harvard University, over the treatment of Jewish students while receiving an award at Yeshiva University’s commencement ceremony.

While he remains firmly behind Biden — whom he called “a strong, strong, unapologetic ally of Israel” — Fetterman said he disagrees with the White House on the decision to keep some weapons from Israel.

The Biden administration confirmed last month that it had held up a large shipment of 2,000- and 500-pound bombs that it feared Israel might use in a major ground operation in Rafah.

“I’ve been very clear there’s no conditions, and that hasn’t changed,” he stressed.

“I didn’t support withholding any of those large bombs, because they have to fight an enemy that hides in tunnels,” said Fetterman, “and I trust Israel’s judgment. They are not looking to maximize civilian death.”

Hamas, on the other hand, is trying to get as many Gazans killed as possible, he maintained: “They celebrate the death and misery of Palestinians because they believe that that is their tool to demonize Israel.”

In dozens of messages sent over several months and acquired by The Wall Street Journal, Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar communicated to Hamas compatriots and mediating parties alike that he had no interest in pursuing a ceasefire with Israel, as he believed that the growing civilian death toll would serve to benefit Hamas more than a cessation of fighting would.

In his meeting with Netanyahu, Fetterman said the two discussed the prime minister’s speech to a joint session of Congress next month.

A number of Democratic lawmakers are planning to boycott the speech.

“I think the Prime Minister has the right to have that opportunity,” said Fetterman, predicting that some Democrats would engage in “performance art” around the address, which would only encourage Hamas.

“I don’t know why you would not allow the leader of our dear ally to… We just voted billions [of dollars] of aid. Well, let’s hear from him.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/visiting- ... -in-power/
Typical Lax Dad

Re: A Democrat Mensch for Israel - Senator John Fetterman

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:16 pm INTERVIEW
Visiting US Senator Fetterman: No to any deal that leaves Hamas in power
Outspoken pro-Israel Democrat says during his first trip to Israel that Biden should not have withheld bombs; backs Netanyahu address to Congress
By Lazar Berman 6.27.24

Backing the position expressed repeatedly by Israel’s leadership, United States Senator John Fetterman (D-PA) said on Thursday that he would oppose any deal with Hamas that ended the Gaza war and left the terror group in power.

“I fully support the prime minister’s idea that he can never allow a permanent ceasefire [if] Hamas is allowed to be functional,” said Fetterman, speaking in Jerusalem during his first trip to Israel.

“That’s my red line on that,” said the freshman senator, clad in his trademark shorts and hoodie sweatshirt. “I could never support Israel being bullied into an artificial kind of permanent ceasefire against an enemy like Hamas.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists he will fight till Hamas is destroyed over its devastating October 7 attack on the country.

Hamas on June 11 said a proposal laid out by US President Joe Biden and backed by Israel did not meet its demand for a complete end to the war in Gaza, responding to the offer with significant amendments that mediators have struggled to bridge.

The Biden proposal reportedly provides for a temporary ceasefire in the first phase of the deal, to be extended into “a sustainable calm (cessation of military operations and hostilities permanently)” in the second phase. However, Netanyahu has repeatedly denied that the proposal provides for ending the war before Israel achieves its two declared goals of destroying Hamas and bringing home all the hostages.

“There will never be any meaningful peace as long as Hamas is allowed to occupy [Gaza],” said the towering Pennsylvania Democrat. “And Gaza will need to be rebuilt. And how could anybody think that’s possible if that organization is there? ”

Earlier this week, National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi said that a program to replace Hamas in the northern Gaza Strip would begin “in the coming days.” It would be based on local Gazans unaffiliated with Hamas.

Hamas rejected any proposal that excludes it from governing Gaza, saying in a statement that the future of the Strip “will be decided by the Palestinian people themselves and no one else.”

“How can you possibly rebuild Gaza when those resources must be flowing through Hamas?” asked Fetterman, on the final day of a 3-day trip during which he met Netanyahu and other senior Israeli officials.

Anyone involved in the reconstruction of Gaza would have “a rifle held to their head” if Hamas remains in power, he argued.

Such a process would “turn into a geyser of resource for Hamas,” Fetterman insisted, which would allow them to rebuild their tunnels and buy weapons.

“We have to have that conversation,” he said, “because it’s very disingenuous if you pretend that, oh, yeah, that rebuild is going to be smooth and it’s just going to be writing some checks and it’s all going to turn out fine.”

Since the Israel-Hamas war began nearly nine months ago, Fetterman has been one of the most outspoken supporters of Israel at the US Capitol, wallpapering his office with the pictures of hostages held by Hamas and wearing dog tags to show his support for their release. The approach has earned him opponents on the left and, uncharacteristically, friends on the right.

The lawmaker has repeatedly stood up to far-left, anti-Israel protesters.

He also disavowed his alma mater, Harvard University, over the treatment of Jewish students while receiving an award at Yeshiva University’s commencement ceremony.

While he remains firmly behind Biden — whom he called “a strong, strong, unapologetic ally of Israel” — Fetterman said he disagrees with the White House on the decision to keep some weapons from Israel.

The Biden administration confirmed last month that it had held up a large shipment of 2,000- and 500-pound bombs that it feared Israel might use in a major ground operation in Rafah.

“I’ve been very clear there’s no conditions, and that hasn’t changed,” he stressed.

“I didn’t support withholding any of those large bombs, because they have to fight an enemy that hides in tunnels,” said Fetterman, “and I trust Israel’s judgment. They are not looking to maximize civilian death.”

Hamas, on the other hand, is trying to get as many Gazans killed as possible, he maintained: “They celebrate the death and misery of Palestinians because they believe that that is their tool to demonize Israel.”

In dozens of messages sent over several months and acquired by The Wall Street Journal, Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar communicated to Hamas compatriots and mediating parties alike that he had no interest in pursuing a ceasefire with Israel, as he believed that the growing civilian death toll would serve to benefit Hamas more than a cessation of fighting would.

In his meeting with Netanyahu, Fetterman said the two discussed the prime minister’s speech to a joint session of Congress next month.

A number of Democratic lawmakers are planning to boycott the speech.

“I think the Prime Minister has the right to have that opportunity,” said Fetterman, predicting that some Democrats would engage in “performance art” around the address, which would only encourage Hamas.

“I don’t know why you would not allow the leader of our dear ally to… We just voted billions [of dollars] of aid. Well, let’s hear from him.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/visiting- ... -in-power/
Not sure anyone supports Hamas staying in power. Nobody under the age of 35 voted for Hamas and when the last election was held, Hamas only received 44% of the vote. Do you have any links to articles which indicate American politicians support Hamas or any other terrorist organization remaining in power?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:27 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm Hindu Forum #Canada successfully mobilised the entire Indian community to participate in a powerful display of solidarity with ‘Canadian Jewish organizations’. Several thousand individuals joined together with Israel's Jewish population and innocent civilians to firmly protest against the actions of Hamas terrorists.

““What is happening with #Israel today,will happen with EVERY country in future which refuses to surrender before Radical Islamic Terrorism! India has suffered it a lot & that’s why we must #StandWithIsrael,” one Alakh Alok Srivastava with more than 129,000 followers on X posted on May 13, 2021.”

Given the Modi government’s track record with treatment of Indian Muslims, I’m not sure this endorsement is very meaningful.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:03 pm

““What is happening with #Israel today,will happen with EVERY country in future which refuses to surrender before Radical Islamic Terrorism! India has suffered it a lot & that’s why we must #StandWithIsrael,” one Alakh Alok Srivastava with more than 129,000 followers on X posted on May 13, 2021.”

Given the Modi government’s track record with treatment of Indian Muslims, I’m not sure this endorsement is very meaningful.
Modi is just another fascist! He has his own political problems, losing support. Barely able to form a government. Indians are pushing back against his rule, "Hindustan for Hindus" only. Persecuting Shiks and other native ethnic groups.
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:03 pm

They ain’t “real” Indians
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I only saw two! :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:42 am

... C&S and the other guy are disappointed that no one cares about Bowman being defeated by a Clinton democrat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”