Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
Would you trust that if you were in their shoes, and show up to a polling place and vote?

This idea, to me, is laughable.
We will see how that works in NYS. I am guessing that they understand to get a drivers license they have to enter a DMV building. The last time I checked they are government buildings. Am I missing something here? ;)
http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigratio ... rants.aspx

What was that piece of legislation Pataki passed?
George Pataki??? Thanks now I have to rinse the vomit from my throat.🤮
Despite a multi-tiered system that includes non-compliant IDs, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for driver's licenses in New York. Although there is nothing in New York law that requires legal status in order to obtain a standard driver's license, a 2001 executive order issued by then-Governor George Pataki created a rule that effectively prevents undocumented people from obtaining licenses.

The order, which is still in effect, directs the state's Commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles to require that applicants for driver's licenses present either a valid social security number or federally issued documents establishing legal presence.17 Undocumented immigrants cannot provide either, and thus cannot obtain driver's licenses. The state will issue licenses to New York residents who have social security numbers, including legal permanent residents (i.e., "green card" holders) and those with temporary visitor or work visas.
This issue has been debated back and forth in NYS ever since King Andrew signed it into law. Our local fish wrapper has said that illegals residing in NYS will be eligible to receive a NYS drivers license with no restrictions. The logic they use, not me, is that since we have all these illegal folks residing in NYS in mostly rural areas, well they need a license so they can legally drive to work. Since the vast majority of these folks have no SS# or a green card what would be the point of allowing them a privilege that none of them could receive? If you are correct TLD then everything else I had read and understand about this law is all wrong. That photo in our local fish wrapper of an excited group of illegals and their supporters holding those signs saying... NYS driving together with all the big hearts on them, man those folks were all lied to.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/new ... 487316001/ It is interesting here that the laws says an illegal immigrant can't claim to be a US citizen when registering to vote. If you hand the license over to someone who is registering you to vote and they don't specifically ask you if you are a US citizen, well you have broken no laws. As a lawmaker claims later in the article... "ironclad protections" will prevent these type of things from happening. :roll: Hell 3 quarters of the people that run NYS are about as shady and corrupt as they come. If you want to tell me they could legislate "ironclad" anything you must also believe in unicorns and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
So Pataki didn’t pass legislation?
What is your point? The US has immigration laws that nobody wants enforced. You really thing that the powers that be in NYS will enforce any laws they do not agree with? You must not know these folks very well.
Post a couple of links to articles that provide detailed accounts of the “powers that be” not enforcing the federal election laws. Thanks
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
Would you trust that if you were in their shoes, and show up to a polling place and vote?

We will see how that works in NYS. I am guessing that they understand to get a drivers license they have to enter a DMV building. The last time I checked they are government buildings. Am I missing something here? ;)

Despite a multi-tiered system that includes non-compliant IDs, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for driver's licenses in New York. Although there is nothing in New York law that requires legal status in order to obtain a standard driver's license, a 2001 executive order issued by then-Governor George Pataki created a rule that effectively prevents undocumented people from obtaining licenses.

The order, which is still in effect, directs the state's Commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles to require that applicants for driver's licenses present either a valid social security number or federally issued documents establishing legal presence.17 Undocumented immigrants cannot provide either, and thus cannot obtain driver's licenses. The state will issue licenses to New York residents who have social security numbers, including legal permanent residents (i.e., "green card" holders) and those with temporary visitor or work visas.
This issue has been debated back and forth in NYS ever since King Andrew signed it into law. Our local fish wrapper has said that illegals residing in NYS will be eligible to receive a NYS drivers license with no restrictions. The logic they use, not me, is that since we have all these illegal folks residing in NYS in mostly rural areas, well they need a license so they can legally drive to work. Since the vast majority of these folks have no SS# or a green card what would be the point of allowing them a privilege that none of them could receive? If you are correct TLD then everything else I had read and understand about this law is all wrong. That photo in our local fish wrapper of an excited group of illegals and their supporters holding those signs saying... NYS driving together with all the big hearts on them, man those folks were all lied to.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/new ... 487316001/ It is interesting here that the laws says an illegal immigrant can't claim to be a US citizen when registering to vote. If you hand the license over to someone who is registering you to vote and they don't specifically ask you if you are a US citizen, well you have broken no laws. As a lawmaker claims later in the article... "ironclad protections" will prevent these type of things from happening. :roll: Hell 3 quarters of the people that run NYS are about as shady and corrupt as they come. If you want to tell me they could legislate "ironclad" anything you must also believe in unicorns and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
What is your point? The US has immigration laws that nobody wants enforced. You really thing that the powers that be in NYS will enforce any laws they do not agree with? You must not know these folks very well.
Post a couple of links to articles that provide detailed accounts of the “powers that be” not enforcing the federal election laws. Thanks
Don't have to. Once you declare your city a "sanctuary city" you have already expressed your righteous indignation at the rule of law. We have now entered the new wild west. If you don't like a law...😤 Why would you now believe you have to enforce election laws if you believe they ain't fair. That is how they roll in NYS.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am

Don't have to. Once you declare your city a "sanctuary city" you have already expressed your righteous indignation at the rule of law. We have now entered the new wild west. If you don't like a law...😤 Why would you now believe you have to enforce election laws if you believe they ain't fair. That is how they roll in NYS.
Thanks for not answering... here is something else you might not read: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... nation-s-/
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks for not answering... here is something else you might not read: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... nation-s-/
I answered you very clearly. There are people in high places in NYS that will bend or break every rule out there that they don't agree with. I have only seen it happen for decades now. Hey if you do not agree with me come on up to NYS and join the party. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

I asked you to provide a couple of links, particularly since it is rampant. Did you read the fact check?
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 am Sorry mate, we're not done with voter fraud, and the ridiculous claims you made. Where is your evidence of illegal immigrants voting? And more to the point, if this is such a major issue----why do R controlled States allow absentee ballots?

Take your time. But answer the question.
AFAN.......how many states can illegals get drivers licenses? How many illegals do? DMV's must keep records.

Hogan and Maryland ever look at DMV/ "do you wanna register to vote" links and data rolls.

Guess things like this happen everywhere, but it's bigoted to make sure only the correct people are voting.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/b ... story.html

Nope, nothing to see. A college kid I met worked for the DMV in the summer. Made 10's of thousand issuing "fake" ID's to all his underage college aged buddies. $500 a whack. easy peazy.

This kid is probably the ONLY person in the history of DMV's to evah do this. ;)

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/motor-voter/

Probably not one illegal has registered to vote online.....they are so scared to go to a government office to get a license .....a process set up by the government....huh...... to allow them to get a drivers license easily......... it's nonsense

What is "Motor Voter?"

Federal law requires the MVA to provide its customers the opportunity to apply to register to vote, or update voting information, during a driver's license or photo identification (ID) card transaction.

MVA customers will answer the voter application questions through a computerized touch screen and their driver’s licenses or identification card signatures will be used to certify the application for voter registration. This information is then transmitted electronically to the State Board of Elections on a nightly basis. This process is paperless. The driver’s license or identification card transaction receipt will contain information regarding contacting the State Board of Elections in the event you have not received your voter’s card within 3 weeks.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:48 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 am Sorry mate, we're not done with voter fraud, and the ridiculous claims you made. Where is your evidence of illegal immigrants voting? And more to the point, if this is such a major issue----why do R controlled States allow absentee ballots?

AFAN.......how many states can illegals get drivers licenses? How many illegals do? DMV's must keep records.

Hogan and Maryland ever look at DMV/ "do you wanna register to vote" links and data rolls.

Guess things like this happen everywhere, but it's bigoted to make sure only the correct people are voting.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/b ... story.html

Nope, nothing to see. A college kid I met worked for the DMV in the summer. Made 10's of thousand issuing "fake" ID's to all his underage college aged buddies. $500 a whack. easy peazy.

This kid is probably the ONLY person in the history of DMV's to evah do this. ;)

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/motor-voter/

Probably not one illegal has registered to vote online.....they are so scared to go to a government office to get a license .....a process set up by the government....huh...... to allow them to get a drivers license easily......... it's nonsense

What is "Motor Voter?"

Federal law requires the MVA to provide its customers the opportunity to apply to register to vote, or update voting information, during a driver's license or photo identification (ID) card transaction.

MVA customers will answer the voter application questions through a computerized touch screen and their driver’s licenses or identification card signatures will be used to certify the application for voter registration. This information is then transmitted electronically to the State Board of Elections on a nightly basis. This process is paperless. The driver’s license or identification card transaction receipt will contain information regarding contacting the State Board of Elections in the event you have not received your voter’s card within 3 weeks.
I bet that college kid told you he drank a case of beer and got laid every night... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Don't know what you did in college......but you find your own statement to be a stretch?

you're rite.........and what makes you think it's a guy?
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:11 pm Don't know what you did in college......but you find your own statement to be a stretch?

A case of beer part yes...the other part not so much. ;) Should have said different girl EVERY night...
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:18 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:11 pm Don't know what you did in college......but you find your own statement to be a stretch?

A case of beer part yes...the other part not so much. ;) Should have said different girl EVERY night...
Either way, you think I am making the story up?

You honestly think there isn't one human being that is NOT a US citizen that is registered to vote? Not ONE?

If one....why not more.

Either way, still not sure what voting rolls have to do with thousands of people marching to our border. Workers getting paid $2 of $5 an hour....with zero bennies, not OT, you think OSCHA..........
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 pm

You honestly think there isn't one human being that is NOT a US citizen that is registered to vote? Not ONE?

If one....why not more.

Either way, still not sure what voting rolls have to do with thousands of people marching to our border. Workers getting paid $2 of $5 an hour....with zero bennies, not OT, you think OSCHA..........
It’s a non issue.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 pm

If one....why not more.

For what it's worth, a few kids I went to college with had real-deal DMV-made fake IDs. They were the good ones, but the price tag was usually too high for many.

Most of us sold our licenses to those underage who kinda looked like us when we turned 21. Get $100, and go get a "replacement" at the DMV for $20 after losing the original. $80 beer money!

:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great. Question: in the history of our nation, has an illegal immigrant even been caught voting?

Follow up: if this is such a serious problem, why don't R controlled States simply require voting in person with a State ID?

I have no problems with this, so long as State ID's are free of charge. Can't have a poll tax.

Solve the problem. I have no issue with that.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

SNL did a skit once, maybe. Hey, who plays Castor this week?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Great. Question: in the history of our nation, has an illegal immigrant even been caught voting?

Follow up: if this is such a serious problem, why don't R controlled States simply require voting in person with a State ID?

I have no problems with this, so long as State ID's are free of charge. Can't have a poll tax.

https://immigration.procon.org/view.res ... eID=005535
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm

According to many sources, Kalifornia has issued over ONE MILLION licenses to illegals.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 39584.html
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm

According to many sources, Kalifornia has issued over ONE MILLION licenses to illegals.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 39584.html
Good for them.....streets are safer! link the article to where they went out to vote? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

good for YOU tld.......when given cold hard facts, you turn up the sardonic. Classy.

Why tRump is a joke. He could audit Kalifornia's DMV today, matching illegals with voting registration.

Cue....well, only three people got caught nonsense.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:30 pm good for YOU tld.......when given cold hard facts, you turn up the sardonic. Classy.

Why tRump is a joke. He could audit Kalifornia's DMV today, matching illegals with voting registration.

What joke? The article pointed out part of the state of California’s rationale was to make roads safer and increase the number of insured drivers on the road. Let me know how many of them have been voting illegally. It’s so rampant, there must be a ton of articles... :roll: :roll:
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:38 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:30 pm good for YOU tld.......when given cold hard facts, you turn up the sardonic. Classy.

What joke? The article pointed out part of the state of California’s rationale was to make roads safer and increase the number of insured drivers on the road. Let me know how many of them have been voting illegally. It’s so rampant, there must be a ton of articles... :roll: :roll:
What the heck does purchasing car insurance have to do with a photo ID? Is it mandatory in Kalifornia to own car insurance? I would have to guess "yes".

Still not concerned about illegals driving over the border.....daily.....to attend school in the USA....without paying out of district fees (remember the short uproar about it a year ago)
It's must have been ONLY that family :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”