Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 pm Rahm agrees..... https://www.instagram.com/p/B0eDwFfnT_C ... _copy_link
At $750 per night to a private contractor per child, you'd think they could cover hot meals, showers, toothbrushes etc
Or let them go to families happy to care for them...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 pm Rahm agrees..... https://www.instagram.com/p/B0eDwFfnT_C ... _copy_link
At $750 per night to a private contractor per child, you'd think they could cover hot meals, showers, toothbrushes etc
What - and lose their giant profit from running this?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Exactly...and their lobbyists get fat encouraging the Trumpists to jail more kids and families...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:15 pm
Exactly...and their lobbyists get fat encouraging the Trumpists to jail more kids and families...
Because under Obama that never happened. :lol: :roll:

Under Obama, children were separated from parents only when authorities had concerns for their well-being or could not confirm that the adult was in fact their legal guardian,.....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Under Obama, children were separated from parents only when authorities had concerns for their well-being or could not confirm that the adult was in fact their legal guardian,.....
Fair point, though certainly the policy was dramatically changed under Trump so as to purposely separate all the kids from their parents, and more to the point of the costs of holding them, the policy is now to hold onto migrants as long as possible rather than to release those who file for asylum.

There's no question that this has been purposeful, ostensibly to 'discourage' migrants from making the trip.

But it's also quite to the benefit of the various contractors, their lobbyists, and their politician beneficiaries...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm

https://www.guestreservations.com/trump ... rrency=USD
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Spent plenty of time in there over the past few years. Even took my wife for drinks one afternoon. Friggen $30 for a vodka Tonic and 36 for a Manhattan with a middle of the road rye.

Danged overpriced bastige he is.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:24 pm Spent plenty of time in there over the past few years. Even took my wife for drinks one afternoon. Friggen $30 for a vodka Tonic and 36 for a Manhattan with a middle of the road rye.

Danged overpriced bastige he is.
Cheaper than the $750 rate for the migrants.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

No cap
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 amSalty, the only reason it would need 60 votes was Trump's opposition.
McConnell would not have been able to block it.

I'm not surprised that folks would be enthusiastic about the Mexicans fighting the cartels. Major parts of Mexico are dominated by the cartels, through a combination of incredible violence and intimidation and corruption of the police and gov't officials. Incredibly dangerous for regular folks.

Same for Guatemala, and the rest of the Triangle.

The "Safe Third Party" is a complete joke, window dressing for posturing only. The notion that Guatemala is 'safe' for anyone other than those pledging fealty to the criminals is flat ridiculous.
The Senate filibuster rules have nothing to do with Trump or any other President.
40 Senators can block anything not exempted by the nuclear option.

The Safe Third Country rule is no more of a joke than the asylum scam being perpetrated by economic migrants.
There are safe areas in Mexico open to migrants, as are Costa Rica & Panama.
Less than 10% of asylum seekers from the Northern Triangle see the adjudication process through to completion & gain asylum.
It's a massive con job & diversion of resources.

I was surprised at the reaction to the news by the folks I was watching it with,
They see the asylum abuse for the scam that it is & view it as something making life harder for them here.
True, but what 40 Senators would have blocked a bi-partisan bill passed by the House and supported by Trump and McConnell???

You deflect as usual...Guatemala can't possibly be considered a 'safe' harbor for asylum seekers...why the heck to do you think they're fleeing?
What makes you think that bill would have passed the House ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 amSalty, the only reason it would need 60 votes was Trump's opposition.

I'm not surprised that folks would be enthusiastic about the Mexicans fighting the cartels. Major parts of Mexico are dominated by the cartels, through a combination of incredible violence and intimidation and corruption of the police and gov't officials. Incredibly dangerous for regular folks.

The "Safe Third Party" is a complete joke, window dressing for posturing only. The notion that Guatemala is 'safe' for anyone other than those pledging fealty to the criminals is flat ridiculous.
The Senate filibuster rules have nothing to do with Trump or any other President.

The Safe Third Country rule is no more of a joke than the asylum scam being perpetrated by economic migrants.
Less than 10% of asylum seekers from the Northern Triangle see the adjudication process through to completion & gain asylum.

I was surprised at the reaction to the news by the folks I was watching it with,
They see the asylum abuse for the scam that it is & view it as something making life harder for them here.
True, but what 40 Senators would have blocked a bi-partisan bill passed by the House and supported by Trump and McConnell???

You deflect as usual...Guatemala can't possibly be considered a 'safe' harbor for asylum seekers...why the heck to do you think they're fleeing?
Because Pelosi and the rest of the leadership supported the 'deal' made. After agreeing, Trump balked, not them.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I still think that
In North Carolina, during the past 18 months, more than 331 illegal aliens have been charged with 1,172 child rapes and child sexual assaults, according to data collected by an independent researcher.
as reported in this article:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/illegal-i ... 06558.html

seems like quite a lot of sex crimes against children.
As they say, "Where there is smoke, there is often fire."

One could sort of see, that a pedophile or person with pedophillic tendencies might find things getting "to hot" in his home country and might find moving across the U.S.'s easily jump able borders and starting with a clean slate a good move.

Then there is this guy, who gets caught in Louisiana, but had been deported from CA back in 2005:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-immi ... es-reports
Live Free or Die!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cooter wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:29 am I still think that
In North Carolina, during the past 18 months, more than 331 illegal aliens have been charged with 1,172 child rapes and child sexual assaults, according to data collected by an independent researcher.

One could sort of see, that a pedophile or person with pedophillic tendencies might find things getting "to hot" in his home country and might find moving across the U.S.'s easily jump able borders and starting with a clean slate a good move.

Then there is this guy, who gets caught in Louisiana, but had been deported from CA back in 2005:
Took a look at the Epoch Times article. All based on a retired electrician who has put together reports - sees a news report of someone arrested for a sex crime with (generally) as Hispanic surname, and calls the arresting department to "confirm" immigration status. Not exactly an unbiased search, and there is no comparison with the actual rate of sex crimes for everyone else for comparison.

The guy who collects this information has tried (and failed) to get MSM to pay attention - and for good reason: it does not pass the kinds of tests legitimate news organizations use to determine whether the information is reliable and truthful.

North Carolina has in the tens of thousands of people required to register as sex offenders (see http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/stats.aspx) so it is hard to understand the actual level of sex crimes to compare to...

Combine that with the well-known bias of the Epoch Times and their playing loose and fast with the facts (see https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/) makes me take this with more than a few grains of salt...
a fan

Post by a fan »

If only Republicans could do something about this, right?

How's "blame the Dems" working out for you as a legislative strategy?

You're "blame the Dems" game tells your rep: "do nothing, and I'll still vote for you, because I don't want to hold you accountable for doing your job."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 am

Took a look at the Epoch Times article. All based on a retired electrician who has put together reports - sees a news report of someone arrested for a sex crime with (generally) as Hispanic surname, and calls the arresting department to "confirm" immigration status. Not exactly an unbiased search, and there is no comparison with the actual rate of sex crimes for everyone else for comparison.

The guy who collects this information has tried (and failed) to get MSM to pay attention - and for good reason: it does not pass the kinds of tests legitimate news organizations use to determine whether the information is reliable and truthful.

North Carolina has in the tens of thousands of people required to register as sex offenders (see http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/stats.aspx) so it is hard to understand the actual level of sex crimes to compare to...

Combine that with the well-known bias of the Epoch Times and their playing loose and fast with the facts (see https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/) makes me take this with more than a few grains of salt...
Exactly.
Cooter why do you persist?
This has all been pointed out repeatedly.

Bad source = ignore. Or at least it should!
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Because Pelosi and the rest of the leadership supported the 'deal' made. After agreeing, Trump balked, not them.
Pelosi wasn't in the majority back then. There had to be a majority of House (R)'s for the bill, before Ryan could bring it to a vote.

Congress was, & remains, too divided on immigration to pass any comp reform to send to Trump.

That's why it has to be addressed in small, crisis management bites. Like the asylum laws & DACA.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:50 pm Congress was, & remains, too divided on immigration to pass any comp reform to send to Trump.
Same song for 50 years. At what point do you realize it's a show, and the 1%....including Trump himself as well as prominent Dems....are too busy making money to bother so much as lifting a finger to work on a bill?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:59 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:50 pm Congress was, & remains, too divided on immigration to pass any comp reform to send to Trump.
Same song for 50 years. At what point do you realize it's a show, and the 1%....including Trump himself as well as prominent Dems....are too busy making money to bother so much as lifting a finger to work on a bill?
I acknowledged that all along. After Durbin stormed out of the meeting 'cause Trump cussed -- I gave up on comp reform under Trump.

I now hope for incremental, crisis driven changes, as the only way to immigration reform.
Your retroactive hindsight is an old, boring diversion that brings no info or new ideas to the issue.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I gave you the path, and it ain't retroactive. My path is for RIGHT NOW. To quote you: you just don't LIKE my answer.

Until Republican voters hold their Republican President and Republican Representatives accountable...and either vote them out, or Primary them....nothing will change.

That's now how your team works. You're more than happy to "blame the Dems", give your reps something to run on next election, and be satisfied with the status quo. So that's what they do.

You're LITERALLY telling your reps to do nothing about the problem. So that's what they do.

Same goes for the Dems, obviously. Until THE VOTERS change their behavior, we'll continue to get passed up by other 1st world nations that have functional governments.

Immigration and VISA reform has been untouched for 50 years. At what point do partisans wake up and petition their own leaders?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

We have an article on 'Wall bonds' in this week's Epoch Times:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-borde ... 18726.html
Live Free or Die!

Return to “POLITICS”