Movies, TV, and Music
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Netflix - Shows Worth Watching

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:51 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:27 am New Netflix “flick” The Harder They Fall - Absurdly talented cast. Old school western genre in many ways. Keeps it fairly simple with the plot. Not a bad one to watch.
Watched it with the wife Saturday evening....while sipping some Balvenie 12yr Doublewood. It was a bit slow at times but kept you engeged, the ending was a clever twist. Interesting how in todays age of gun violence and 2A discussions, they still kept the aspect of being killed on principle and dying with honor...by a bullet.
I love LaKeith Stanfield-note he respected violence. Not sure that parallel exists in our society.
I like him as well....plus he is Leo, so he gets bonus points. :lol:
You see the other new Netflix movie w Ryan Reynolds? Red notice or something like that? Not sure I want to waste the time. But I do want to get my money's worth out of all these damn subscriptions.
Mystery Science 3000
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

We just binged through part 1 (7 episodes) of the final season of Ozark.

What a great show.

The second and final batch of episodes will be released later in 2022.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Darlene would’ve been murdered in the real world looong ago. Ideally before we had hillbilly the graduate with Wyatt
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Haven’t seen it yet but listened to interviews w Pollan so looking forward to checking this documentary on Psychadelics used for mental health treatment.

https://time.com/6196310/michael-pollan ... your-mind/
See Martin, Malcolm
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(TV_series)

Excellent. One of DC's underrated comic's. Boyd Holbrook is really good as Corinthian, or better know as "Waking Nightmare".
Typical Lax Dad

LaxFan2000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:51 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(TV_series)

Excellent. One of DC's underrated comic's. Boyd Holbrook is really good as Corinthian, or better know as "Waking Nightmare".
Need to watch it.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I tell to anyone that'll listen that Castlevania on Netflix is a great show. Funny, violent, sexy with lots of great characters and good music.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am I tell to anyone that'll listen that Castlevania on Netflix is a great show. Funny, violent, sexy with lots of great characters and good music.
I can’t. Too much history with the arcade game version loong ago.
See Martin, Malcolm
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am I tell to anyone that'll listen that Castlevania on Netflix is a great show. Funny, violent, sexy with lots of great characters and good music.
I can’t. Too much history with the arcade game version loong ago.
You should really give it a try. I feel like my understanding of people and the human spirit is different now after watching the show.
Typical Lax Dad

Got roped into watching "Never Have I Ever"...very well done. Got a lot of the East Indian humor down cold.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:43 pm Got roped into watching "Never Have I Ever"...very well done. Got a lot of the East Indian humor down cold.
I think I saw a different version of that on Cinemax. Set in a sorority house sleepover right???
See Martin, Malcolm
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Midnight Mass - has been out a while, is excellent.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:42 pm Midnight Mass - has been out a while, is excellent.
Just finished it last evening. Agreed....quite good, you do need to be patient through the first two episodes, I almost checked out in the middle of the second episode. It certainly weaved a chaotic-connection between scripture and all things on Crockett Island.

Both the author (Flanagan) and his wife (Siegal - role in series), were raised in nearby Crofton, Md, and Silver Spring, Md. Flanagan was raised Catholic and is now Atheist.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:37 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:42 pm Midnight Mass - has been out a while, is excellent.
Just finished it last evening. Agreed....quite good, you do need to be patient through the first two episodes, I almost checked out in the middle of the second episode. It certainly weaved a chaotic-connection between scripture and all things on Crockett Island.

Both the author (Flanagan) and his wife (Siegal - role in series), were raised in nearby Crofton, Md, and Silver Spring, Md. Flanagan was raised Catholic and is now Atheist.
interesting, didn't know the show had a connections to the DC area.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If this hasn’t been mentioned - The Minimalists-Less is Now. About illuminating and matching needs and demands between competing interests

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jn-xbOCZOiQ
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:28 am If this hasn’t been mentioned - The Minimalists-Less is Now. About illuminating and matching needs and demands between competing interests

Watched this year....pretty good, a bit cheesy at times, but the message is clear.

This book, is a fast read, and tells a story (memoir) of one brother having wealth and 'too much stuff' and how it is actually a burden and draining to self; going minimalist. If memory serves me, it also goes over the other brother raising a child who is on the spectrum.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:36 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:28 am If this hasn’t been mentioned - The Minimalists-Less is Now. About illuminating and matching needs and demands between competing interests

Watched this year....pretty good, a bit cheesy at times, but the message is clear.

This book, is a fast read, and tells a story (memoir) of one brother having wealth and 'too much stuff' and how it is actually a burden and draining to self; going minimalist. If memory serves me, it also goes over the other brother raising a child who is on the spectrum.
Yes it’s corny at times but it’s also illuminating to many or reinforces for some how everyone is always selling something and that selling in and of itself isn’t bad but we need to have transparency and understanding of what’s being sold and how it fits into our needs. That transcends the purchase of goods and services and into discourse and society overall. I see it all the time and hearing it laid out was even good reinforcement for me

Will
Check the book out thanks.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So Nicholas Sparks?? May have to skip it but still appreciate the recommendation.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:04 am

So Nicholas Sparks?? May have to skip it but still appreciate the recommendation.
:lol: It's nothing like his other work, don't worry, you wont start crying in front your wife. :lol:
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone catch The Octopus Murders? https://www.netflix.com/title/81168725
~Livy

Return to “MOVIES, TV, AND MUSIC”