Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Orange Duce

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:25 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 am Papadop & Flynn were not convicted at trial. There were no juries.
They each accepted a plea rather than go bankrupt defending themselves against a bogus process crime.
DoJ tried to withdraw the charge against Flynn after a FBI inquiry into the ambush entrapment, but a partisan Judge ran out the clock.
A distinction without a difference. However they arrived at end of their cases both required pardons. "Partisan" judge was a Bush 41 appointee on the bench for 27 years likely with no beefs from you.
Ol Tinfoil is just grasping at straws these days.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"Asha Rangappa@AshaRangappa_

What I’m looking for on the surveillance tape:

1. Who has access to the room, and how often?

2. Did they move stuff OUT, knowing feds were coming?

3. Did they move stuff back IN, after they thought they had bamboozled DOJ?

I’m just asking questions..."

MAL can release this tape at anytime
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 am Papadop & Flynn were not convicted at trial. There were no juries.
They each accepted a plea rather than go bankrupt defending themselves against a bogus process crime.
DoJ tried to withdraw the charge against Flynn after a FBI inquiry into the ambush entrapment, but a partisan Judge ran out the clock.
:lol:
They were guilty as indicted and they and their counsel understood that fighting it further was not going to get them off.

"process crime"...like taking classified documents home and refusing to give them back..."process"...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:27 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:25 pm
A distinction without a difference. However they arrived at end of their cases both required pardons. "Partisan" judge was a Bush 41 appointee on the bench for 27 years likely with no beefs from you.
Ol Tinfoil is just grasping at straws these days.
Probably not paper straws, we know how those bother the right wing no end.

But flimsy straws indeed!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:00 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:57 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 pm And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
So ultimately how did things work out for Benedict?? He must have been related to Gen Flynn a hero turned traitor. Arnold died in England as the pathetic traitor that he was. My point is simple, there is a very fine line between hero and traitor.
So I ask the same question again... Who is the one naval officer deserving of the respect of our nation??

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

The answer is so easy that even a Fanlax liberal can figure it out... :D
Cradle, I can only speak for me but suspect others here also take issue with your consistent attempts to correlate military service with some sort of ability for someone's opinions or successive activities to never be questioned. There is no correlation.
I don't understand your point. Does having served your country honorably and having met and served with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known in my life should I just simply forget all of the chit we went through together?; I guess it creates a love and a bond for the people you served with that none of you who didn't serve will ever understand. The quick answer to your question is YES, I do on most issues trust the higher ups that led my fellow soldiers. I can give you an example. My company commander of A Company 2/508 battalion airborne infantry was a true hard ass named Capt Michael Reopel. He beat our asses into the ground, he would look for the longest possible road march back to our barracks. The worse the weather the better. This was during the Iran hostage crisis. Our company was in formation in front of our barracks and Capt Reopel was giving us an update on the sitrep. Jimmy Carter was still POTUS. A soldier in formation made a derogatory statement about President Carter. Capt Reopel went off on all of us. We got the big lecture about never insulting our CiC and how he never wanted to hear a comment like that again from any soldier under his command. I'm certain that Capt Reopel was no fan of Jimmy Carter. What he was made him dedicated and loyal to this country and always faithful and respectful of our CiC. In a nutshell, I normally do hold most of our military higher ups to a huge degree of respect. That is not because I'm a lap dog but because I have a huge respect for the sacrifices I know these officers have made to serve their country and lead the men and women that serve under them. I can say that because I had the privilege to be led by just such an officer. If our company had been sent anywhere we were needed we were all as ready and prepared as we could be. The process of being that kind of ready involves the kind of hard work and dedication most of you will never know.
Yes but you don’t know about anyone else’s experiences and have made it clear you don’t care to try to understand those so how would own trust your judgement or opinion given that context that you’ve freely admitted to?
No, your analysis is not correct. You probably are not even aware that from what I have read from your posts about what you know and how you make your living you know your chit. I don't know anyone in this forum that ever questions your expertise. OS also knows his chit. If anybody on this forum actually paid attention to what he says. I doubt OS would ever question your expertise. Why do you and so many other posters on this forum find it so easy and fun to question his? Is it because that unlike another poster on this forum who claims his vision for the Republican party is the only correct path Mr OS is old school hard line Republican. He finds no need to apologize for that fact to the very angry, intolerant and hate filled FLP folks on this forum who dedicate themselves to constantly denigrating and insulting a man who served his country with honor and integrity.

I go back to my original question. Whose reputation as a naval officer do you respect more?

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 pm And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
So ultimately how did things work out for Benedict?? He must have been related to Gen Flynn a hero turned traitor. Arnold died in England as the pathetic traitor that he was. My point is simple, there is a very fine line between hero and traitor.
So I ask the same question again... Who is the one naval officer deserving of the respect of our nation??

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

Cradle, I can only speak for me but suspect others here also take issue with your consistent attempts to correlate military service with some sort of ability for someone's opinions or successive activities to never be questioned. There is no correlation.
I don't understand your point. Does having served your country honorably and having met and served with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known in my life should I just simply forget all of the chit we went through together?; I guess it creates a love and a bond for the people you served with that none of you who didn't serve will ever understand. The quick answer to your question is YES, I do on most issues trust the higher ups that led my fellow soldiers. I can give you an example. My company commander of A Company 2/508 battalion airborne infantry was a true hard ass named Capt Michael Reopel. He beat our asses into the ground, he would look for the longest possible road march back to our barracks. The worse the weather the better. This was during the Iran hostage crisis. Our company was in formation in front of our barracks and Capt Reopel was giving us an update on the sitrep. Jimmy Carter was still POTUS. A soldier in formation made a derogatory statement about President Carter. Capt Reopel went off on all of us. We got the big lecture about never insulting our CiC and how he never wanted to hear a comment like that again from any soldier under his command. I'm certain that Capt Reopel was no fan of Jimmy Carter. What he was made him dedicated and loyal to this country and always faithful and respectful of our CiC. In a nutshell, I normally do hold most of our military higher ups to a huge degree of respect. That is not because I'm a lap dog but because I have a huge respect for the sacrifices I know these officers have made to serve their country and lead the men and women that serve under them. I can say that because I had the privilege to be led by just such an officer. If our company had been sent anywhere we were needed we were all as ready and prepared as we could be. The process of being that kind of ready involves the kind of hard work and dedication most of you will never know.
Yes but you don’t know about anyone else’s experiences and have made it clear you don’t care to try to understand those so how would own trust your judgement or opinion given that context that you’ve freely admitted to?
No, your analysis is not correct. You probably are not even aware that from what I have read from your posts about what you know and how you make your living you know your chit. I don't know anyone in this forum that ever questions your expertise. OS also knows his chit. If anybody on this forum actually paid attention to what he says. I doubt OS would ever question your expertise. Why do you and so many other posters on this forum find it so easy and fun to question his? Is it because that unlike another poster on this forum who claims his vision for the Republican party is the only correct path Mr OS is old school hard line Republican. He finds no need to apologize for that fact to the very angry, intolerant and hate filled FLP folks on this forum who dedicate themselves to constantly denigrating and insulting a man who served his country with honor and integrity.

I go back to my original question. Whose reputation as a naval officer do you respect more?

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
Chester Nimitz.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
C) Captain Crunch. Holds up to milk better than either.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
Actually he has both questioned it, ask him about his basket of tech stocks, and denigrated just entire industry numerous times. It’s called “recall”.

But you’re missing the point(s).

- Life is more than a period of service. I have respect for that period and those actions. But it’s not a free pass forever.

- Throwing domain knowledge around as a weapon is weak and lame. That’s what he does. I don’t do that. That behavior, regardless of domain of expertise, is whack. I share for the sake fo sharing and happy to be corrected.

- serving doesn’t make one an expert on thought, philosophy, strategy, etc. it provides a somewhat unique perspective and there’s value in sharing that technical and domain knowledge in a n gnostic, value neutral (as much as possible given contextual relevance) and “positive” (vs normative which is philosophically driven). When it’s held like a squirrel holding a lone nut in the winter only to be thrown around as a form of heuristics to gain an advantage it’s pathetic.

The criticisms I’ve seen here are as to the value judgements applied and weapon Ozark in of his experience and knowledge, NOT the service itself. And it makes one question how strong the expertise is because people who do that are ones who often are inferior in other aspects of discourse not the ones with the best command of those concepts, tools and applications (KSAs). And they are also based on the behavior here post service, which people are free to evaluate and agree or disagree with but there’s a full record here to consider. Unless he’s the type of guy to go back and delete or edit posts for his own benefit but i don’t think that’s the case like a PB. JM, etc
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
C. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Slaughter
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

On Twitter, Ron Filipkowski, a former federal prosecutor turned expert on the American right, suggested that Trump wants the affidavit released in the hope it helps him identify an informant.

He reposted Trump's message, adding: "Let me translate this. It is absolutely driving him nuts that he can't figure out who the informant is, and he wants an unredacted affidavit that could give him clues to figure it out. His lawyers will get one after he is indicted, just like everyone else in America."

Last week, Rolling Stone reported Trump's inner circle is hunting a suspected "rat" within their midst, with the former president asking whether visiting Republicans were "wearing a wire."

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-driven-n ... 4050?amp=1

Doesn’t Trump and his acolytes sound more like the mafia than a former president and his team?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:16 pm

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt..
C. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Slaughter
D. My late father.

======

D.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 am The public sees how the FBI started going after Trump in 2016 & haven't let up -- ambushing, entrapping & bankrupting volunteers like Carter Page, Papadop & Flynn, while getting duped by Steele, Fusion GPS & their HRC/DNC employer.
Nope. That's not the public. That's FoxNation, OS. And you're a charter member.

As always, you leave out the nonstop lies from your Team, OS. Oh, and Manafort. "whoops", I'm sure you left him out by accident.

And since the invention of police trying to solve crimes, what's the one universal behavior that will ALWAYS make an investigator continue an investigation, Old Salt?

Lies. And naturally, this is the one thing you leave out every time we discuss this stuff.

Your idiotic teamTrump wasted the FBI's time chasing after nothingburgers. And you have no one to blame for that but TeamTrump.

But please, pretend for us one last time that you think the FBI and CIA were insane for investigating these nonstop lies anytime anyone close to Trump was asked about Russia.
DocBarrister

Trump Campaign Colluded With Russia

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:26 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 am The public sees how the FBI started going after Trump in 2016 & haven't let up -- ambushing, entrapping & bankrupting volunteers like Carter Page, Papadop & Flynn, while getting duped by Steele, Fusion GPS & their HRC/DNC employer.
Nope. That's not the public. That's FoxNation, OS. And you're a charter member.

As always, you leave out the nonstop lies from your Team, OS. Oh, and Manafort. "whoops", I'm sure you left him out by accident.

And since the invention of police trying to solve crimes, what's the one universal behavior that will ALWAYS make an investigator continue an investigation, Old Salt?

Lies. And naturally, this is the one thing you leave out every time we discuss this stuff.

Your idiotic teamTrump wasted the FBI's time chasing after nothingburgers. And you have no one to blame for that but TeamTrump.

But please, pretend for us one last time that you think the FBI and CIA were insane for investigating these nonstop lies anytime anyone close to Trump was asked about Russia.
Yep … Manafort.

After all was said and done, it was actually proven that the 2016 Trump campaign colluded with the government of Russia.

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ma ... nik-2022-8

That’s spelled C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N.

But never mind that Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia … we still need to obsess over Hillary’s emails (yeah, OS was wrong about all of that, too … how much time and space did OS waste on that?).

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
ggait

Post by ggait »

Has the FBI gone after Hunter ? I just saw him jetting away on AF1 for a Biden family vacation.

The public sees how the FBI started going after Trump in 2016 & haven't let up -- ambushing, entrapping & bankrupting volunteers like Carter Page, Papadop & Flynn, while getting duped by Steele, Fusion GPS & their HRC/DNC employer. Maybe they'll get Trump this time, maybe they'll whiff again. Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Clinesmith -- the FBI's rogues gallery. FISA warrant anyone ? How about that Alfa Bank secret server channel ? Let's hear it for our nonpolitical G-men.
Come on Old Salty Gaslight.

If you are going to play the greatest hit oldies, how can you not work a couple Benghazis in there?

I mean when you go to a Rolling Stones concert, they HAVE to play Gimme Shelter, right?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:17 pm
Has the FBI gone after Hunter ? I just saw him jetting away on AF1 for a Biden family vacation.

The public sees how the FBI started going after Trump in 2016 & haven't let up -- ambushing, entrapping & bankrupting volunteers like Carter Page, Papadop & Flynn, while getting duped by Steele, Fusion GPS & their HRC/DNC employer. Maybe they'll get Trump this time, maybe they'll whiff again. Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Clinesmith -- the FBI's rogues gallery. FISA warrant anyone ? How about that Alfa Bank secret server channel ? Let's hear it for our nonpolitical G-men.
Come on Old Salty Gaslight.

If you are going to play the greatest hit oldies, how can you not work a couple Benghazis in there?

I mean when you go to a Rolling Stones concert, they HAVE to play Gimme Shelter, right?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DocBarrister

Trump Cult Driven By Racism, Sexism, and Xenophobia

Post by DocBarrister »

First, Donald Trump’s support in the 2016 campaign was clearly driven by racism, sexism, and xenophobia. While some observers have explained Trump’s success as a result of economic anxiety, the data demonstrate that anti-immigrant sentiment, racism, and sexism are much more strongly related to support for Trump. Trump’s much-discussed vote advantage with non-college-educated whites is misleading; when accounting for racism and sexism, the education gap among whites in the 2016 election returns to the typical levels of previous elections since 2000. Trump did not do especially well with non-college-educated whites, compared to other Republicans. He did especially well with white people who express sexist views about women and who deny racism exists.

Even more alarmingly, there is a clear correlation between Trump campaign events and incidents of prejudiced violence. FBI data show that since Trump’s election there has been an anomalous spike in hate crimes concentrated in counties where Trump won by larger margins. It was the second-largest uptick in hate crimes in the 25 years for which data are available, second only to the spike after September 11, 2001. Though hate crimes are typically most frequent in the summer, in 2016 they peaked in the fourth quarter (October-December). This new, higher rate of hate crimes continued throughout 2017.

The association between Trump and hate crimes is not limited to the election itself. Another study, based on data collected by the Anti-Defamation League, shows that counties that hosted a Trump campaign rally in 2016 saw hate crime rates more than double compared to similar counties that did not host a rally.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... a-say/amp/

Prescient article from several years ago. A good reminder of what the Trump and MAGA cult are all about.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Re: Trump Campaign Colluded With Russia

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 pm After all was said and done, it was actually proven that the 2016 Trump campaign colluded with the government of Russia.

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

:lol: ...BFD. ...that's it ? Polling data ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:54 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 pm After all was said and done, it was actually proven that the 2016 Trump campaign colluded with the government of Russia.

yes. Polling data, the lifeblood of political campaigns. Drives strategy, targeting, messaging.

Russia had a very active effort to influence American opinion in that campaign, favoring Trump. And they were very, very good at what they were doing.

COLLUSION

Analogy: General of country A at 'war' with country B secretly goes to a third party country C's secret agent, with whom he has an extensive paid relationship, and provides missile and troop movement data for targeting of munitions in support for the General's military campaign against country B in it's final push...Country C then ramps up its support of country A, but secretly, "some guy in a basement is controlling those drones attacking on the other side of the world"...nah, nothing to see?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:48 am

yes. Polling data, the lifeblood of political campaigns. Drives strategy, targeting, messaging.

Russia had a very active effort to influence American opinion in that campaign, favoring Trump. And they were very, very good at what they were doing.

COLLUSION

Analogy: General of country A at 'war' with country B secretly goes to a third party country C's secret agent, with whom he has an extensive paid relationship, and provides missile and troop movement data for targeting of munitions in support for the General's military campaign against country B in it's final push...Country C then ramps up its support of country A, but secretly, "some guy in a basement is controlling those drones attacking on the other side of the world"...nah, nothing to see?
Too bad our leaders in DC chose not to use Hillary Clintons imaginary reset button. All of this could have been avoided. I'm guessing the way things are working out for him that Vlad will be putting all of his rubles behind Joe Biden. The useful idiot that he is....
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:48 am

COLLUSION

Too bad our leaders in DC chose not to use Hillary Clintons imaginary reset button. All of this could have been avoided. I'm guessing the way things are working out for him that Vlad will be putting all of his rubles behind Joe Biden. The useful idiot that he is....
have no idea whether you trying to be ironic, clever... or not.

Putin is definitely not happy with Biden's support of Ukraine.

Return to “POLITICS”