Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Trump Campaign Colluded With Russia

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:48 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:54 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 pm After all was said and done, it was actually proven that the 2016 Trump campaign colluded with the government of Russia.

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ma ... nik-2022-8

That’s spelled C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N.
:lol: ...BFD. ...that's it ? Polling data ?
yes. Polling data, the lifeblood of political campaigns. Drives strategy, targeting, messaging.

Russia had a very active effort to influence American opinion in that campaign, favoring Trump. And they were very, very good at what they were doing.

COLLUSION

Analogy: General of country A at 'war' with country B secretly goes to a third party country C's secret agent, with whom he has an extensive paid relationship, and provides missile and troop movement data for targeting of munitions in support for the General's military campaign against country B in it's final push...Country C then ramps up its support of country A, but secretly, "some guy in a basement is controlling those drones attacking on the other side of the world"...nah, nothing to see?
Too bad our leaders in DC chose not to use Hillary Clintons imaginary reset button. All of this could have been avoided. I'm guessing the way things are working out for him that Vlad will be putting all of his rubles behind Joe Biden. The useful idiot that he is....
have no idea whether you trying to be ironic, clever... or not.

Putin is definitely not happy with Biden's support of Ukraine.
If I have to explain it to you then half of the fun is gone. Sure Vlad isn't happy with Biden right now. In the long run Vlad knows that in this game of chicken that Biden will back down and run in the end. That is who Biden is despite all his bluster. Vlad knows and understands that and will respond accordingly. Why?? Because Vlad knows when push comes to shove that Biden will turn and run. That is who Biden is.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:02 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:35 pm After all was said and done, it was actually proven that the 2016 Trump campaign colluded with the government of Russia.

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

yes. Polling data, the lifeblood of political campaigns. Drives strategy, targeting, messaging.

Russia had a very active effort to influence American opinion in that campaign, favoring Trump. And they were very, very good at what they were doing.

COLLUSION

Analogy: General of country A at 'war' with country B secretly goes to a third party country C's secret agent, with whom he has an extensive paid relationship, and provides missile and troop movement data for targeting of munitions in support for the General's military campaign against country B in it's final push...Country C then ramps up its support of country A, but secretly, "some guy in a basement is controlling those drones attacking on the other side of the world"...nah, nothing to see?
Too bad our leaders in DC chose not to use Hillary Clintons imaginary reset button. All of this could have been avoided. I'm guessing the way things are working out for him that Vlad will be putting all of his rubles behind Joe Biden. The useful idiot that he is....

If I have to explain it to you then half of the fun is gone. Sure Vlad isn't happy with Biden right now. In the long run Vlad knows that in this game of chicken that Biden will back down and run in the end. That is who Biden is despite all his bluster. Vlad knows and understands that and will respond accordingly. Why?? Because Vlad knows when push comes to shove that Biden will turn and run. That is who Biden is.
Why do you say this (that Biden will, "for all his bluster," back down)?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:04 am

COLLUSION

Why do you say this (that Biden will, "for all his bluster," back down)?
I say this because when Vlad is backed into a corner he will do whatever he has to do to win. When that happens Joe Biden will be looking for somebody else to blame. IMO Vlad will use a low yield nuclear device when he thinks it becomes necessary. So how do you think Joe Biden will deal with that when it happens? Maybe that "reset" button will finally be useful. :roll: I know one thing for certain.. Vladimir Putin knows that Biden will always blink.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

COLLUSION

And where is this blinding insight coming from?

That he's a Democrat?

We've discussed the response most likely to come from a use of any nuke...it's complete and total destruction of Russia's military capacity in Ukraine and anything within reach of Ukraine, striking Ukraine. Using conventional, targeted strikes. Not nukes.

We don't need nukes as the response, we can do it without.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

No blinding insight MD. I just understand the psychotic nature of Putin. You think he invaded Ukraine with the expectation he would lose??? Even a FLP liberal RINO Republican such as yourself should be able to comprehend that Putin will never let that happen. You think that Putin won't do anything in his power to win???? Even a FLP liberal Rockefeller Republican such as yourself isn't that stupid. Then again.................. :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 pm No blinding insight MD. I just understand the psychotic nature of Putin. You think he invaded Ukraine with the expectation he would lose??? Even a FLP liberal RINO Republican such as yourself should be able to comprehend that Putin will never let that happen. You think that Putin won't do anything in his power to win???? Even a FLP liberal Rockefeller Republican such as yourself isn't that stupid. Then again.................. :D
Stupidity travels 1/4 way around the world. You think we invaded Vietnam and Afghanistan expecting to lose (or “draw”)? Of all the stupid posts I have read, this one drew a response. Nice is Nice, BTW.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:10 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 pm No blinding insight MD. I just understand the psychotic nature of Putin. You think he invaded Ukraine with the expectation he would lose??? Even a FLP liberal RINO Republican such as yourself should be able to comprehend that Putin will never let that happen. You think that Putin won't do anything in his power to win???? Even a FLP liberal Rockefeller Republican such as yourself isn't that stupid. Then again.................. :D
Stupidity travels 1/4 way around the world. You think we invaded Vietnam and Afghanistan expecting to lose? Of all the stupid posts I have read, this one drew a response. Nice is Nice, BTW.
Hey dumbass.. we didn't invade Vietnam. We were invited in by the South Vietnamese to help them survive the communists from North Vietnam. If I'm wrong what date did our invasion of Vietnam take place? I'm guessing the justification for our incursion into Vietnam came from the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. You remember that???? FTR we did find our nation involved in the conflict in Vietnam with no effing idea what winning was suppose to look like... OUTSIDE OF BODY COUNTS..... :evil:. FTR, almost everyone of my NCOs from my unit were Vietnam combat veterans. Outside of killing VC in impressive numbers there never was a game plan for winning. Unless body count was suppose to mean anything for the enemy killed in combat?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:24 pm

COLLUSION

And where is this blinding insight coming from?

That he's a Democrat?

We've discussed the response most likely to come from a use of any nuke...it's complete and total destruction of Russia's military capacity in Ukraine and anything within reach of Ukraine, striking Ukraine. Using conventional, targeted strikes. Not nukes.

We don't need nukes as the response, we can do it without.
So you think when Vlad is backed into a corner he will not do whatever he sees fit to win?? It ain't about our need to use nukes. It's about Vlads decision about what he will or will not do to win. Maybe you should pay closer attention to what OS has to say. Even a narrow minded FLP liberal Mittens Romney type such as yourself is not immune from learning real world lessons. I doubt there is a chance with you but hey.. you never know?
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 pm
Stupidity travels 1/4 way around the world. You think we invaded Vietnam and Afghanistan expecting to lose? Of all the stupid posts I have read, this one drew a response. Nice is Nice, BTW.
Hey dumbass.. we didn't invade Vietnam. We were invited in by the South Vietnamese to help them survive the communists from North Vietnam. If I'm wrong what date did our invasion of Vietnam take place? I'm guessing the justification for our incursion into Vietnam came from the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. You remember that???? FTR we did find our nation involved in the conflict in Vietnam with no effing idea what winning was suppose to look like... OUTSIDE OF BODY COUNTS..... :evil:. FTR, almost everyone of my NCOs from my unit were Vietnam combat veterans. Outside of killing VC in impressive numbers there never was a game plan for winning. Unless body count was suppose to mean anything for the enemy killed in combat?
We went in thinking we would “tie”? I am demonstrating how ridiculous (stupid) your Putin logic is.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 pm
We went in thinking we would “tie”? I am demonstrating how ridiculous (stupid) your Putin logic is.
How stupid is it dumbass??? Putin hasn't been backed into a corner yet. Our nation went into Vietnam thinking we would win. Putin went into Ukraine believing he would win. So whatta think Putin will do when he finally realizes he can't win using conventional warfare? Maybe Kissinger has enough in the tank to negotiate a peace treaty between Russia and Ukraine???
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thinking he won't lose does not mean that the reality won't be that he'll lose.

Invaders rarely think they will lose, but it's darn hard to take and hold lands from people who don't wish to give them up...and all the more so when much stronger nations come to the defense of the invaded nation.

I think Putin expected a quick strike would remove the current government in a matter of days prior to the West being able to do much of anything about it. Fait accompli.

I don't think he expected a long struggle, much less that the US would lead the West to rally so strongly to Ukraine's behalf.

I suspect he continues to underestimate Western resolve...of course, he may yet be proven right and the West blinks and walks...but that won't be Biden, that'll be Germany and France or, if Trump takes over again, the US too.

Frankly, I think for numerous years I've been way, way more correct about the danger Putin represents than has Salty or anyone else who pooh poohed that threat. I think I was also more correct about the West's reaction to the Russian aggression than what Salty predicted.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:57 pm
How stupid is it dumbass??? Putin hasn't been backed into a corner yet. Our nation went into Vietnam thinking we would win. Putin went into Ukraine believing he would win. So whatta think Putin will do when he finally realizes he can't win using conventional warfare? Maybe Kissinger has enough in the tank to negotiate a peace treaty between Russia and Ukraine???
Putin can't "win" using nukes.
That's quite obviously a death wish for him and many, many Russians.

His military knows that...I do think Putin is psychotic enough to give such an order, and it's possible that some general and chain of command would execute it (but maybe not), but it will be met with massive negative outcomes for that military....and, unfortunately, likely a whole lot of Russian civilians as well.

I think we do our darnedest to keep the response to military targets, but the Russian military will be decimated.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Invaders rarely think they will lose, but it's darn hard to take and hold lands from people who don't wish to give them up...and all the more so when much stronger nations come to the defense of the invaded nation.

I think Putin expected a quick strike would remove the current government in a matter of days prior to the West being able to do much of anything about it. Fait accompli.

I don't think he expected a long struggle, much less that the US would lead the West to rally so strongly to Ukraine's behalf.

I suspect he continues to underestimate Western resolve...of course, he may yet be proven right and the West blinks and walks...but that won't be Biden, that'll be Germany and France or, if Trump takes over again, the US too.

Frankly, I think for numerous years I've been way, way more correct about the danger Putin represents than has Salty or anyone else who pooh poohed that threat. I think I was also more correct about the West's reaction to the Russian aggression than what Salty predicted.
I can't speak for OS. I'm sure he has his own opinion he will express in his own way. I'm happy to see you standing on your soap box having advised all of us how dangerous Putin is. Too bad SoS HRC was never enlightened as to your intuition how dangerous Putin and Russia are. I guess that HRC reset button was always a humorous joke to Putin. The minute Putin chose to invade Ukraine put him in the same category as Hitler. There is no backing down from your decision and there will be no compromise on Putins part. The only question is what will Putin do to save face and not be humiliated on the battlefield???
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:57 pm
Nuke ‘em like we did?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:21 pm

I can't speak for OS. I'm sure he has his own opinion he will express in his own way. I'm happy to see you standing on your soap box having advised all of us how dangerous Putin is. Too bad SoS HRC was never enlightened as to your intuition how dangerous Putin and Russia are. I guess that HRC reset button was always a humorous joke to Putin. The minute Putin chose to invade Ukraine put him in the same category as Hitler. There is no backing down from your decision and there will be no compromise on Putins part. The only question is what will Putin do to save face and not be humiliated on the battlefield???
I agree with the bolded, though you certainly tried to speak for him, amidst all your personal insults at me.

Yup, W was wrong, HRC was wrong, Obama was wrong, lots of wishful thinking.

who was right? Romney.

Putin invaded Ukraine in 2014, which is when my own focus on that threat grew sharper...we had arguments back then about whether it was even the Russians in those "little green men" suits...to me, it was super obvious.

It then became very clear that Putin was ordering asymmetric warfare, cyber warfare, against all western democracies, but particularly the US as the leader of such. He was investing in support of right wing "white, Christian Nationalists" in various former Soviet holdings and throughout the West.

As Trump emerged, embracing these populist right-wing factions, both domestically and globally, the threat from Putin was eminently clear...the purpose was to undermine democracy, bolster authoritarianism, and to increase Putin's influence...asymmetric warfare.

The US did little at first to counter this threat...the Magnitsky Act...but basically very little...and then Trump got elected and the undermining of NATO began in earnest...

But Biden won, and Putin no longer had an ally in the White House...I do think he miscalculated about Biden after the withdrawal from Afghanistan, underestimating him, and I think he overestimated the fear of losing their energy source would play with other NATO countries...

Putin is indeed between a rock and a hard place...but then, so are we...we are in very real danger of an internal civil war, with those seeds of white christian nationalism and the cult of Trump, so we may become so distracted by that strife that we fail to keep NATO and the West together in support of the defense of Ukraine and international law.
Typical Lax Dad

:P
Hey Stupidass….when the other side is “defeated”, that’s what winning looks like. “You Must Learn”…..
old salt

Post by old salt »

If Trump was a Putin ally in the WH, why did Putin wait until Trump left office to invade Ukraine ?

The NATO solidarity we see is for self-protection, to deter a Russian incursion into NATO territory (like seizing a corridor to Kaliningrad), it is not to drive Russia out of Ukraine, that is a unilateral US effort. Just look at the sources & quantity of the military aid provided to Ukraine.
The EU is still hostage to Russian energy & in fear of being cut off.

The massive US air strikes that MDLF76 imagines, in response to the use of a Russian tac nuc in Ukraine, would require the use of air bases in EU-NATO member countries, themselves vulnerable to Russian preemptive or counterstrikes. That use of air bases & transit of airspace is not assured, absent an attack on NATO. I'm not sure that the Biden admin, or a successor admin, would launch such a counter-strike in response to the use of a Russian tac nuc in Ukraine.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:48 pm If Trump was a Putin ally in the WH, why did Putin wait until Trump left office to invade Ukraine ?
Because he was banking on Trump winning a second term and having even more power.

Putin miscalculated and had to go Leroy Jenkins.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:48 pm If Trump was a Putin ally in the WH, why did Putin wait until Trump left office to invade Ukraine ?
Because he was banking on Trump winning a second term and having even more power.

Putin miscalculated and had to go Leroy Jenkins.
We've been arming & training Ukraine's military since 2014, even more so under Trump. With 4 more years of Trump, Ukraine would have been even more able to defend themselves. Zelensky's refusal to negotiate at Minsk & his vow to join NATO, coupled with our botched withdrawl from Afghanistan, plus the EU's energy vulnerability, convinced Putin that he would never have a more advantageous opportunity.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:28 pm :P
Hey Stupidass….when the other side is “defeated”, that’s what winning looks like. “You Must Learn”…..
" Stupid ass" finally a little bit of creativity on your part. There may be hope for you yet. ;)
You must care about me or all I would have gotten was one of your idiotic video clips. Those really tick me off. :D

Return to “POLITICS”