Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am Sweet; going to Nixon for rebuttal:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1558840035595657220
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we're so far gone as a nation that WhatAboutNixon? is a defense for a politician's behavior??

Neat. Problem? What problem.

THIS is why I laughed at Republicans who let Trump be their POTUS, yet thought it would be 4 years of crazy, and then it would be back to normal conservative policies.

Nope. That boat has disappeared over the horizon.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"Does having served your country honorably and having met and served with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known in my life should I just simply forget all of the chit we went through together?"

No; absolutely not. No one here has said or likely will say that you should forget or diminish any of those experiences. SClax's point, I think, was that simply having been a member of the services/veteran does not confer on that person an immunity from criticism.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:58 pmHow many times do I have to post that I'm waiting for more official information to be released before getting all spooled up & jumping to conclusions, like you & your fellow character assassins have.
:lol: And that's fine.

But you didn't do that with Hillary or Hunte, and that's my point. Your comments and speculation flowed like a river, with no need whatsoever to hear evidence that's been proven beyond doubt.

That's what I'm mocking. Two standards with you. I wish you'd stop doing this, but you can't help it, I guess.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:06 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:58 pmHow many times do I have to post that I'm waiting for more official information to be released before getting all spooled up & jumping to conclusions, like you & your fellow character assassins have.

But you didn't do that with Hillary or Hunte, and that's my point. Your comments and speculation flowed like a river, with no need whatsoever to hear evidence that's been proven beyond doubt.

That's what I'm mocking. Two standards with you. I wish you'd stop doing this, but you can't help it, I guess.
I missed the FBI's raid on HRC's residence to seize her server.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:26 pm

That’s because Hillary voluntarily turned over her server without even being served a subpoena.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/hil ... d=33069662

Trump did not fully cooperate, including lying to federal officials and refusing to comply with a federal subpoena.

Do you understand the difference and why Hillary was treated differently than Trump?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm

That’s because Hillary voluntarily turned over her server without even being served a subpoena.

Trump did not fully cooperate, including lying to federal officials and refusing to comply with a federal subpoena.

Do you understand the difference and why Hillary was treated differently than Trump?

DocBarrister
Hillary was certainly treated differently all right.
Trump, like Hillary, likely technically violated laws.
As Comey schooled us, intent matters, as does proving it.
As does whether or not sensitive matl was actually compromised & the damage assessment.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister
:lol: :lol: Yea...only after she removed all the data 'she felt' was related to yoga and wedding information. Stop being so silly Doc.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

If Trump ends up sitting in front of a panel and gets grilled the way the former presidential candidate, Her Holiness, did and it's on pay per view, I'll ante up for that. Trump might sprain his tongue and drool on himself a little trying to put together complete sentences with any kind of substance and stay on the topic of the question asked. Hillary handled it like a champ. Donald? Yup, I'll ante up for that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:26 pm I missed the FBI's raid on HRC's residence to seize her server.
Ah, so you get my point, want to move on, and want to change the discussion? Fine.

Why, OS? Why didn't the FBI raid Hillary's residence? Here you are, defending Trump, yet again.

Come on....tell us why, OS.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:26 pm If Trump ends up sitting in front of a panel and gets grilled the way the former presidential candidate, Her Holiness, did and it's on pay per view, I'll ante up for that. Trump might sprain his tongue and drool on himself a little trying to put together complete sentences with any kind of substance and stay on the topic of the question asked. Hillary handled it like a champ. Donald? Yup, I'll ante up for that.
Stumble over his tongue like he did on the ramp?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:13 pm :lol: :lol: Yea...only after she removed all the data 'she felt' was related to yoga and wedding information. Stop being so silly Doc.
And your point is? Old Salt wanted to know (like he doesn't know) why the FBI didn't raid Hillary's residence.

They pulled warrants on Hillary, remember? Hunter, too. Did you and Old Salt b*tch and moan about that? Nope. You both "forgot" to complain about that.

Gee, no one here can figure out why you and Old Salt weren't bothered in the least when the FBI opened cases on both Hillary and Hunter....but opening a case on Trump to get him to return documents that aren't his is just a bridge too far for you both?

It's almost as if you two don't care when the FBI sticks it to Dems.....but clutch pearls when a Republican does stuff that clearly warrants an investigation.

Naaah. Not possible. You two would NEVER do that. :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:13 pm :lol: :lol: Yea...only after she removed all the data 'she felt' was related to yoga and wedding information. Stop being so silly Doc.
And your point is? Old Salt wanted to know (like he doesn't know) why the FBI didn't raid Hillary's residence.

They pulled warrants on Hillary, remember? Hunter, too. Did you and Old Salt b*tch and moan about that? Nope. You both "forgot" to complain about that.

Gee, no one here can figure out why you and Old Salt weren't bothered in the least when the FBI opened cases on both Hillary and Hunter....but opening a case on Trump to get him to return documents that aren't his is just a bridge too far for you both?

It's almost as if you two don't care when the FBI sticks it to Dems.....but clutch pearls when a Republican does stuff that clearly warrants an investigation.

It was a counter point to Doc's silly post, nothing more.

We don't know what happened with the Trump situation, likely never will. Do the docs he had in his possession cover his butt leading up to January 6? Maybe the incriminate him? Blindly saying the jeopardize national security is smoke and mirrors and gov't speak. Maybe there is a 'need to know' on his part, since Biden revoked his intel updates?

Its all a damned shame we are in this place....but Trump dig his own grave. I hope they find a smoking gun and he gets burned.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

We know a lot about the "Trump situation." But only if you're listening.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:46 pm

It was a counter point to Doc's silly post, nothing more.
Fair enough.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:40 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:26 pm I missed the FBI's raid on HRC's residence to seize her server.
Ah, so you get my point, want to move on, and want to change the discussion? Fine.

Why, OS? Why didn't the FBI raid Hillary's residence? Here you are, defending Trump, yet again.

The FBI didn't raid her residence to seize her server because she'd already given it to a contractor to scrub for her.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/03/f ... n-e-mails/
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:43 pm

DocBarrister
Hillary was certainly treated differently all right.
Trump, like Hillary, likely technically violated laws.
As Comey schooled us, intent matters, as does proving it.
As does whether or not sensitive matl was actually compromised & the damage assessment.
Difference is … the investigation of Hillary is over. She was never indicted, and never will be. It’s done. Get over it.

In contrast, I think Trump is at serious risk of an indictment, possibly in multiple matters.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:57 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 pm And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
So ultimately how did things work out for Benedict?? He must have been related to Gen Flynn a hero turned traitor. Arnold died in England as the pathetic traitor that he was. My point is simple, there is a very fine line between hero and traitor.
So I ask the same question again... Who is the one naval officer deserving of the respect of our nation??

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

The answer is so easy that even a Fanlax liberal can figure it out... :D
Ray Spruance.
:lol: ...I deployed aboard the USS Spruance (DD-963) on SPECOPS off El Salvador & Nicaragua in 1982.
Still got the salt stained ship's ball cap to prove it. On that "Operation Banana Boat" cruise, I reunited with a SEAL buddy who was a USNA company mate, Navy lax goalie, & OMBAC lax teammate in SD, ...subsequently, he was assassinated in San Salvador
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:41 pm

The FBI didn't raid her residence to seize her server because she'd already given it to a contractor to scrub for her.

Ah, so you DO remember.

Well done. That's how you avoid a raid of your home, OS. It's not all that hard.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:11 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Ah, so you DO remember.

Well done. That's how you avoid a raid of your home, OS. It's not all that hard.
Trump did not get the clean up crew to Mar a Lago quickly enough.
The Clinton's are much better at this stuff.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Biden barred Trump from receiving any further classified briefings back in February 2021.

Good call ….

WASHINGTON — President Biden said on Friday that he would bar his predecessor, Donald J. Trump, from receiving intelligence briefings traditionally given to former presidents, saying that Mr. Trump could not be trusted because of his “erratic behavior” even before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The move was the first time that a former president had been cut out of the briefings, which are provided partly as a courtesy and partly for the moments when a sitting president reaches out for advice. Currently, the briefings are offered on a regular basis to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Mr. Biden, speaking to Norah O’Donnell of CBS News, said Mr. Trump’s behavior worried him “unrelated to the insurrection” that gave rise to the second impeachment of Mr. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/us/p ... fings.html

DocBarrister
Last edited by DocBarrister on Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”