Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:21 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:56 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:50 am
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:17 pm More on Jared. But, but, but Hunter’s laptop!!!!

https://vickyward.substack.com/p/kushne ... igence?s=w
Pillow talk from Vicky Ward. Sour grapes from the spooks who didn't succeed in toppling MBS.
Have the 50 retired spooks ruled on whether or not this is Russian disinfo ?
Another whiff on regime change by the deep state pros.
Maybe Biden can ask Jared to convince MBS to pump more oil.
Is there anything about a senior Trump official and advisor to the President getting a $2,500,000,000 stake in an investment fund from a sovereign that concerns you? Or is this all just "the Deep State" -- retired -- fighting back? The fact that he has no investment experience or track record? That the investments he has known to have made are bad ones? Or is it enough that Jared's on your team to give this a pass? Talking about sour grapes sounds like it comes from experience.
Trump is no longer in office. Jared has little to no influence on US govt affairs. If MBS wan't to let Jared invest his $$$ for him, who cares ? Jared has the connections & experience in the ME of pulling off the Abraham accords. Arab funding with Israeli tech offers many new opportunities.
There's no lobbying of the US govt involved. It is simply intl business & investment. It MBS loses $$$, what do you care ?
1. Trump can still run.
2. We're SUPPOSED to deter corruption like this, OS. What did Republican do instead? Gave him security clearances he wasn't supposed to get, and let him do lord knows what with the Saudis in America's name. You let it all go. So did your Republican leaders.

But yep, this is why no one cares about Hunter's obvious corruption in Ukraine. Because YOU told us not to care. Take a bow, this is on you and everyone else who looked the other way anytime TeamTrump did shady, crooked, disgusting things.
What is the corruption ? Specifics please. It's an international investment fund. Jared has no govt influence to sell. He's not being paid to sit on the BOD of a Saudi govt company. Do you object to the Abraham accords too ?
:lol: :lol:

No credibility…
Sore loser. Did Jared steal your lunch money too ? Admit it -- you got out-weaseled by Trump.
Loser?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:20 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm What is the corruption?
Same as Hillary's. Same as Hunters.

You don't use your position in the Exec branch in Government to get line your pockets or the pockets of your family. Or to get future quid pro quos. The appearance of a conflict is more than enough to get you sh*tcanned as a Federal employee.

Yep, It's not illegal. It's immoral. and unethical, OS. You're SUPPOSED to represent the people, and leave enriching yourself or your family out of the equation.

Gave this example to you before. My Aunt was a career lawyer for the DOEnergy. Asked her as I started my biz if there were any Federal grants available to help start our business. She got VERY angry, and directed me to publicly available information on grants on their crude website.

THAT is the bar for me when it comes to Federal service. I have NO IDEA why this isn't the bar for you.

What if the Federal agent who was in charge of plane parts that kept you in the air took liberties with sourcing the most reliable components for the best price? Who cares, right?
Jared is no longer in govt & there is no assurance that he ever will be again.
Hunter's dad was the VP. HRC was the Sec of State.
Look at the thousands of former govt employees who serve as consultants or sit on BOD's. All disclosed. All above board. Their experience & advice is legit value. Would your Aunt object to you hiring a former govt lawyer, now in private practice, to advise you ?
I worked for 10 years as a govt contractor after retiring from the military. Providing a unique service at well below what it would cost the military to do themselves. That is a personal source of pride, not shame.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:20 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm What is the corruption?
Same as Hillary's. Same as Hunters.

You don't use your position in the Exec branch in Government to get line your pockets or the pockets of your family. Or to get future quid pro quos. The appearance of a conflict is more than enough to get you sh*tcanned as a Federal employee.

Yep, It's not illegal. It's immoral. and unethical, OS. You're SUPPOSED to represent the people, and leave enriching yourself or your family out of the equation.

Gave this example to you before. My Aunt was a career lawyer for the DOEnergy. Asked her as I started my biz if there were any Federal grants available to help start our business. She got VERY angry, and directed me to publicly available information on grants on their crude website.

THAT is the bar for me when it comes to Federal service. I have NO IDEA why this isn't the bar for you.

What if the Federal agent who was in charge of plane parts that kept you in the air took liberties with sourcing the most reliable components for the best price? Who cares, right?
Jared is no longer in govt & there is no assurance that he ever will be again.
Look at the thousands of former govt employees who serve as consultants or sit on BOD's. All disclosed. All above board. Their experience & advice is legit value. Would your Aunt object to you hiring a former govt lawyer, now in private practice, to advise you ?
I worked for 10 years as a govt contractor after retiring from the military. Providing a unique service at well below what it would cost the military to do themselves. That is a personal source of pride, not shame.
:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm Jared is no longer in govt & there is no assurance that he ever will be again.
I get that. What happened while he was serving, OS? What deals did he make? What doors did he open for people on the guise of working for the American people? What favors did he grant? Who the F knows, but come on----this isn't kosher.
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm I worked for 10 years as a govt contractor after retiring from the military. Providing a unique service at well below what it would cost the military to do themselves. That is a personal source of pride, not shame.
As well as it should be! You actually have specific, tangible, monetize-able skills. I have NO problem with that.

What the heck does Kush bring to the table that would warrant something like this? He was in power just a few months ago....and it stinks to high heaven. Does Kush still have pals in Government? You bet he does.

You want to tell me you're good with this, then you have no standing with Hunter, so long as Hunter didn't break laws.

For me? Both Kush and Hunter were playing the same stupid, corrupt game of using Daddy's (in law) place in Government for personal gain.. F both of 'em, and the horses they rode in on.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm Jared is no longer in govt & there is no assurance that he ever will be again.
I get that. What happened while he was serving, OS? What deals did he make? What doors did he open for people on the guise of working for the American people? What favors did he grant? Who the F knows, but come on----this isn't kosher.
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:47 pm I worked for 10 years as a govt contractor after retiring from the military. Providing a unique service at well below what it would cost the military to do themselves. That is a personal source of pride, not shame.
As well as it should be! You actually have specific, tangible, monetize-able skills. I have NO problem with that.

What the heck does Kush bring to the table that would warrant something like this? He was in power just a few months ago....and it stinks to high heaven. Does Kush still have pals in Government? You bet he does.

You want to tell me you're good with this, then you have no standing with Hunter, so long as Hunter didn't break laws.

For me? Both Kush and Hunter were playing the same stupid, corrupt game of using Daddy's (in law) place in Government for personal gain.. F both of 'em, and the horses they rode in on.
You should be pleased. If Jared is such a nebbish, MSB will lose his investment $$$. Let the market decide.

Hunter dealt while his dad was VP.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:22 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 pm

You should be pleased. If Jared is such a nebbish, MSB will lose his investment $$$. Let the market decide.
I've made my point...surely you understand it by now. Let's move on, eh? Enjoy your week!
Essexfenwick

Re: Michigan 2022

Post by Essexfenwick »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:20 pm
LongIslandLacks wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:00 pm
FannOLax wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:34 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:08 pm Replacing the coach at Michigan will work out just about as well as it has at Hopkins and Syracuse.
Lars had a couple of mediocre seasons at UVa before winning national championships, so it's possibly too early to judge the new Hop and Cuse head coaches, whereas Conry has now had time. Michigan has the budget to hire away a current D1 head coach, if and when it chooses to go that route.
He’s had about as much time as the prior coach was given and his record is not any better. They are not too different in the Big 10 on a win percentage. Conry is at 16% in league play. That is not cutting it for a school like Michigan that fields teams to win. Michigan can’t go for another assistant. With Paul they stayed with a dedicated guy who was all in for the school but no HC D1 experience. With Conry, they assumed getting an assistant from a powerful program would translate. They will have to commit to a current D1 HC with some track record.

If I were hiring a new Lax coach I’d pay Debbie Yow 500k to come in and hire my coach. She picked Tillman and Cathy Reese

Plus at UMD she picked Fridge for football and James Franklin as coach in waiting … Michigan’s now Coach Bakich… Tennessee’s soccer coach Pensky… Brenda Freese… kept Sasho, Gary Willams, Missy Meharg… picked Pat Santoro for wrestling

She’s a genius at the next up and coming coach hires.
This is a joke right?

She bankrupted the Maryland athletic department and ultimately they had to go Big Ten to bail themselves out with the TV money. She refused to name the basketball court “Gary Williams Court” despite lobbying from the governor to do so. She is a nightmare. Her sister, on the other hand, is a complete legend and is now sorely missed after her courageous battle with cancer.
The AD was 55 million in debt when she came in ( equal to 88 million adj for inflation when she left). The AD was only 5 million in debt when she left. Yow is a lot like Trump … tough and exacting as a boss but gets results (26 nattys). You find out how good she is when her replacements are losers like the two UMD has had and then you look at her predecessors and they sucked as well. Kinda like having Obama and Biden sandwiching Trump and seeing how everything fell off the cliff with Biden.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rgia-loss/

"When the history of the Donald Trump era is written, a special place in the whole saga should be reserved for David Perdue. The former senator has debased himself on Trump’s behalf perhaps more thoroughly than anyone alive in his quest to defeat Gov. Brian Kemp of Georgia in a Republican primary — yet he may be on track for a humiliating loss.

A new poll from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution shows Perdue trailing Kemp by an astonishing 53-to-27 percent among likely voters in next month’s GOP primary. If Kemp clears 50 percent he will win outright without a runoff, which would be a stunning downfall for Perdue, given his endorsement by Trump.

Analysts are already describing this as evidence of Trump’s waning influence among GOP voters. But something bigger is at stake: A decisive Kemp win would show that Republican officials can abide by the integrity of election losses and live to tell the tale — that is, without immediately seeing their careers implode in the next GOP primary.

Perdue has built his entire primary challenge to Kemp around the idea that in some vague sense, Kemp betrayed Republican voters by rebuffing Trump’s pressure to help steal the 2020 election. Trump endorsed Perdue for the explicit purpose of ousting Kemp as payback for that heresy.

Fortunately, that may be failing. The Journal-Constitution poll found that a majority of GOP primary voters say Trump’s endorsement won’t impact their choice or make them less likely to back a candidate.

Many GOP primary candidates are running on Trump’s lies about our elections, of course. But there’s something uniquely repulsive and corrupt about Perdue’s rendition. Which is why making an example of it is so crucial.

First, Perdue has made this forward-looking. News reports regularly say Republicans are running on Trump’s “big lie.” But that suggests they are merely re-litigating his loss out of twisted loyalty to him. It’s worse: Some candidates are running on an implicit vow to do what it takes to subvert future losses.

Perdue is a prime example. He has said that as governor he wouldn’t have certified Trump’s 2020 loss. That’s an implicit promise to use his power as governor in a way Kemp would not, to prevent a legitimate GOP loss from becoming official.

Perdue recently telegraphed this again. At a GOP primary debate this week, Perdue flatly declared that Kemp had “caved and allowed radical Democrats to steal our election,” and told GOP voters that if they’re upset and angry about Democratic control, Kemp is to blame for it.

In other words, Perdue will not “allow” Democrats to win elections, and will justify this with invented claims of fraud, in a way Kemp refused to do. Let’s state this plainly: This is central to Perdue’s case for why GOP primary voters should pick him as governor.

One cannot know for certain whether Perdue would actually use his power as governor to refuse to certify a legitimate Democratic winner of the 2024 election. But why not take him at his word?

Remember, as long as the Electoral Count Act of 1887 remains unreformed, if a GOP governor in a state set to decide the election certifies sham electors for a losing Republican candidate, and a GOP-controlled House of Representatives counts those electors, they stand.

That’s why it’s important that a bipartisan group of senators is meeting this week to discuss Electoral Count Act reforms. Let’s hope those include built-in safeguards against governors and state legislatures certifying sham electors.

But beyond structural reform, our democracy will also depend on elections officials performing their roles with integrity at a time when pressure to corrupt election outcomes might only be increasing.

And so, even if that stolen election scenario is improbable, it will have value if a candidate running on an implicit vow to execute that scenario goes down to defeat. It could mean GOP voters aren’t swayed by the argument that they should elect a governor for the express purpose of subverting future elections.

We shouldn’t be overly sanguine about the meaning of a Perdue loss. Kemp did sign an onerous voter suppression law, and such measures are being implemented by GOP legislatures across the country.

What’s more, many GOP candidates are running on a willingness to corrupt elections in a similar manner, including candidates for governor in swing states such as Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, and GOP primary voters might pick them. So even if Perdue loses, a 2024 sham-elector scheme will remain a live possibility, if an unlikely one.

Still, a big loss for Perdue would be welcome. Is there any candidacy quite like his?

Remarkably, the basis for Perdue’s challenge is that Kemp performed his official duty with integrity despite facing some of the most intense pressure in the country from Trump and the MAGA movement to corrupt himself — and our elections — on Trump’s behalf.

And Perdue is wagering that GOP voters’ angst over losing in 2020 will make them ripe marks. He hopes to exploit the raw emotions that always grip voters of the out-of-power party to portray the act of upholding the integrity of a loss amid extremely difficult conditions as a betrayal.

This reprobate can’t lose by enough."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Orange Cheeto's political circus and freak show is continuing its American tour.
Everywhere it stops, Donald Trump unleashes a torrent of lies, hatred, ignorance, bigotry, racism, narcissism, authoritarianism, threats of violence and other antisocial and evil values.

Trump's political rallies resemble George Orwell's "six minutes of hate" from "1984," expanded to two hours or so.

The mainstream news media has made an obvious editorial decision to downplay or ignore Trump's political hate rallies and similar events. That may be an attempt to correct for the wall-to-wall coverage Trump received the first time he ran for president, but it won't save the American people or American democracy — or the "freedom of the press" — from the neofascist assault. Moreover, ignoring Trump's escalating threats at this point, given all we know, amounts to journalistic malpractice and betrayal of the public trust.
But as many of us have known for years, HE is merely the symptom, the symptom of a sickness of sorts in the American electorate...the "base" that republicon politicians "fear" so much. There DO seem to be signs that it's power is fading and that said electorate, at least the general election electorate, is getting tired of the schtick.

Let's hope so...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:16 am Orange Cheeto's political circus and freak show is continuing its American tour.
Everywhere it stops, Donald Trump unleashes a torrent of lies, hatred, ignorance, bigotry, racism, narcissism, authoritarianism, threats of violence and other antisocial and evil values.

Trump's political rallies resemble George Orwell's "six minutes of hate" from "1984," expanded to two hours or so.

The mainstream news media has made an obvious editorial decision to downplay or ignore Trump's political hate rallies and similar events. That may be an attempt to correct for the wall-to-wall coverage Trump received the first time he ran for president, but it won't save the American people or American democracy — or the "freedom of the press" — from the neofascist assault. Moreover, ignoring Trump's escalating threats at this point, given all we know, amounts to journalistic malpractice and betrayal of the public trust.
But as many of us have known for years, HE is merely the symptom, the symptom of a sickness of sorts in the American electorate...the "base" that republicon politicians "fear" so much. There DO seem to be signs that it's power is fading and that said electorate, at least the general election electorate, is getting tired of the schtick.

Let's hope so...

Trump is polling higher than all other national politicians!!

And he hit a hole in one last week !!!

A generational phenomenon.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

trump-loser-hand.jpg
trump-loser-hand.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 826 times
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Right jhu...what a L.O.S.E.R.

Lost the presidency to someone he himself called "the worst presidential candidate in history", LOST the House, LOST the SENATE (in GEORGIA fercrissakes!!)

Textbook Loser.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:41 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right jhu...what a L.O.S.E.R.

Lost the presidency to someone he himself called "the worst presidential candidate in history", LOST the House, LOST the SENATE (in GEORGIA fercrissakes!!)

Textbook Loser.

Trump to plays 5d chess baiting the libtardz into cheating themselves into to woodchipper and being hated and blamed!!!

Now the most popular politician !!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump lost his appeal of the James subpoena. Now owes $80K, and will be growing $10K per day ($30K per month). Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:45 pm Trump lost his appeal of the James subpoena. Now owes $80K, and will be growing $10K per day ($30K per month). Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
30k or 300k?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:12 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:45 pm Trump lost his appeal of the James subpoena. Now owes $80K, and will be growing $10K per day ($30K per month). Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
30k or 300k?
Typo. Sorry. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:12 pm
30k or 300k?
Typo. Sorry. :lol:
That’s cabbage
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice bit of asymmetry last night, with former Secretary Esper saying that Trump was a "threat to democracy" and the House minority leader calling him "one of the greatest Presidents of all time" and "our secret weapon." Nearly every Cabinet member who worked with him says he was a danger to the country, but the GOP remains tethered to him.

Return to “POLITICS”