"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:15 am mmmm, Mook says that they believed there was indeed a connection, for multiple good reasons, and told the press of these suspicions, expecting them to follow up and find out how much was accurate or not, endorsed by Hillary to do so...but not the FBI, he had no awareness of Sussman nor his firm, and to the best of his knowledge the Campaign would not have considered telling the FBI to be the best way to utilize these suspicions to their benefit.

Sounds like Sussman took that on himself.

And the FBI are already were on the case, given so many red flags coming from the Trump Campaign.

Seems to me that the narrative that Hillary was behind it all, as if the Trump Campaign, and Trump himself, wasn't the true problem, falls flat on this news.

But that won't stop the spin artists from spinning it otherwise.
...believed there was a connection, for multiple good reasons ? :lol:

$everal thou$and good reaSonS paid by HRC & DNC to Perjkins, Coie, to Fusion GPS to generate (fabricate) opposition research, then feed it to the media, FBI, DoJ, DoS & anybody else who would listen
yup, the FBI were already 'on it' way before the Clinton Campaign were talking to the press...and yes, for very good reasons...the Trump people were obviously lying, serially, about their connections to Russians.

so, yeah, Mook, like everyone else, had multiple good reasons to to believe Trump was vulnerable to Vlad.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:15 am mmmm, Mook says that they believed there was indeed a connection, for multiple good reasons, and told the press of these suspicions, expecting them to follow up and find out how much was accurate or not, endorsed by Hillary to do so...but not the FBI, he had no awareness of Sussman nor his firm, and to the best of his knowledge the Campaign would not have considered telling the FBI to be the best way to utilize these suspicions to their benefit.

And the FBI are already were on the case, given so many red flags coming from the Trump Campaign.

Seems to me that the narrative that Hillary was behind it all, as if the Trump Campaign, and Trump himself, wasn't the true problem, falls flat on this news.

$everal thou$and good reaSonS paid by HRC & DNC to Perjkins, Coie, to Fusion GPS to generate (fabricate) opposition research, then feed it to the media, FBI, DoJ, DoS & anybody else who would listen
yup, the FBI were already 'on it' way before the Clinton Campaign were talking to the press...and yes, for very good reasons...the Trump people were obviously lying, serially, about their connections to Russians.

so, yeah, Mook, like everyone else, had multiple good reasons to to believe Trump was vulnerable to Vlad.
You mean like "Hey Vlad, do me a solid and don't invade Ukraine if I'm lucky enough to be elected President"?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:08 am

You mean like "Hey Vlad, do me a solid and don't invade Ukraine if I'm lucky enough to be elected President"?
So long as you keep working for me, we good.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

:D
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:18 am

"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 am :D

We actually don't know what Trump and crew provided to Putin...why? Because for the fist time ever in such meetings, Trump kept everyone else out of the room each time they met, no readouts, no record.

We do know they were loose lipped with classified info with Lavrov in the first meeting.

What did Putin 'ask' of Trump? We don't know.

We do know that Trump made a whole lot of statements that created disruption in NATO, including threats of not honoring article 5...another term and NATO might have dissolved altogether, US departing.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:26 am

We actually don't know what Trump and crew provided to Putin...why? Because for the fist time ever in such meetings, Trump kept everyone else out of the room each time they met, no readouts, no record.

We do know they were loose lipped with classified info with Lavrov in the first meeting.

We do know that Trump made a whole lot of statements that created disruption in NATO, including threats of not honoring article 5...another term and NATO might have dissolved altogether, US departing.
Media didn’t like Trump that is why he didn’t want a record of the meetings. CNN and MSNBC would have twisted his words.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

You say that like it's a bad thing. More war drums to beat sounds dangerous to me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am ...& you complain about Russian interference & disinformation. The Russians couldn't come up with something this creative or impactful.
No. Instead, they sent a Russian spy to meet with TeamTrump, with information about Hillary supposedly in tow.

But you don't care that that happened. Why? Because Trump is a Republican, naturally. Your excuse for anything bad that happens in the US Government is: "well, they're a Republican, so it's cool, man." :lol:

Old Salt: "i'm sorry, you have to tell me what party that politician is in, before I tell you whether or not what they did was wrong.

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am Durham will turn in his report when he's done. It won't matter, the msm will ignore it or deflect. Garland won't let him prosecute what this really was -- a conspiracy to defraud the govt.
Yes, of course. Because a Dem did it, it's bad. See Old Salt's method for determining if something is bad, or not.

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am Durham will never get a conviction from a DC jury, no matter the crime, so long as it was to keep Trump out of office, or damage him if he was elected. At least he's producing an evidentiary record of what really happened, so voters can decide for themselves & see how they were mislead.
Translation: I have no evidence whatsoever of my claims after 6+ years and multiple investigations. But who cares about that? These people are Democrats, and are obviously guilty of something. Trump, on the other hand, didn't lie to us once, and all those felony convictions of TeamTrump were "accidents".

Can't wait for the Republicans to take back the White House in a couple of years. You can go back to telling us how flawless their foreign policy is again.

Pretty exciting, when you think about it....it's may of 2022, and I can tell you that Old Salt will claim American foreign policy brilliance starting in 2028...and I don't even have to know who the Republican President is!

Neat, right?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:34 am
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am ...& you complain about Russian interference & disinformation. The Russians couldn't come up with something this creative or impactful.
No. Instead, they sent a Russian spy to meet with TeamTrump, with information about Hillary supposedly in tow.

But you don't care that that happened. Why? Because Trump is a Republican, naturally. Your excuse for anything bad that happens in the US Government is: "well, they're a Republican, so it's cool, man." :lol:

Old Salt: "i'm sorry, you have to tell me what party that politician is in, before I tell you whether or not what they did was wrong.

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am Durham will turn in his report when he's done. It won't matter, the msm will ignore it or deflect. Garland won't let him prosecute what this really was -- a conspiracy to defraud the govt.
Yes, of course. Because a Dem did it, it's bad. See Old Salt's method for determining if something is bad, or not.

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am Durham will never get a conviction from a DC jury, no matter the crime, so long as it was to keep Trump out of office, or damage him if he was elected. At least he's producing an evidentiary record of what really happened, so voters can decide for themselves & see how they were mislead.
Translation: I have no evidence whatsoever of my claims after 6+ years and multiple investigations. But who cares about that? These people are Democrats, and are obviously guilty of something. Trump, on the other hand, didn't lie to us once, and all those felony convictions of TeamTrump were "accidents".

Can't wait for the Republicans to take back the White House in a couple of years. You can go back to telling us how flawless their foreign policy is again.

Pretty exciting, when you think about it....it's may of 2022, and I can tell you that Old Salt will claim American foreign policy brilliance starting in 2028...and I don't even have to know who the Republican President is!

Neat, right?
I wonder how Old Salt feels about investigating the conspiracy to overturn the election? What about that call into Georgia? (The one in the United States of America).
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:03 pm I wonder how Old Salt feels about investigating the conspiracy to overturn the election? What about that call into Georgia? (The one in the United States of America).
You're kidding, right?

He doesn't care. It's just nuts. He's been chasing the Deep State for 6+ years....yet at the exact same time? He doesn't care about things like Trump asking Zelensky to announce a fake investigation into Biden. And he has never once complained about the Deep State going after Hunter Biden....because, of course, "it's different" when Trump/Giuliani/Barr weaponized US Intel to go after Hunter using the Deep State. I mean: duh, of course "that's different".

I don't get it, and I never will. How you can have such loyalty to a stupid political party is just beyond my comprehension.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-doss ... rospective

A bucket of spit
I have a secret map to a buried treasure. I'll sell it to you at a good price.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:34 am
a Russian lawyer, who was a client of Fusion GPS who HRC had hired to fabricate the Russia hoax. Can you connect the dots ?

I don't care because they did not fall for it & threw her out.

Translation: I have no evidence whatsoever of my claims after 6+ years and multiple investigations. But who cares about that? These people are Democrats, and are obviously guilty of something. Trump, on the other hand, didn't lie to us once, and all those felony convictions of TeamTrump were "accidents".Mueller's process crimes. At least Durham did not resort to perjury traps to get them.

Who's getting elected in 2024 ?

Neat, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:03 pm I wonder how Old Salt feels about investigating the conspiracy to overturn the election? What about that call into Georgia? (The one in the United States of America).
You're kidding, right?

He doesn't care. Show us my words criticizing DoJ's investigation & prosecution of Jan 6 participants.
I've said that Trump lost GA for the (R)'s & he should be disqualified from holding future office because of his post election actions.
Prosecute him if you can. It will be good for the GOP. His proven good policies will endure under less divisive successors.

It's just nuts. He's been chasing the Deep State for 6+ years....yet at the exact same time? He doesn't care about things like Trump asking Zelensky to announce a fake investigation into Biden. And he has never once complained about the Deep State going after Hunter Biden....because, of course, "it's different" when Trump/Giuliani/Barr weaponized US Intel to go after Hunter using the Deep State. I mean: duh, of course "that's different". As opposed to Biden demanding that Ukraine fire a prosecutor he does not like, while his son is influence trading with Burisma.
Weaponizing US intel ? Hunter dropped off the lap top on his own. Nothing needed to be weaponized.

I don't get it, and I never will. How you can have such loyalty to a stupid political party is just beyond my comprehension.
Pot meet kettle.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:32 am

You say that like it's a bad thing. More war drums to beat sounds dangerous to me.
NATO is a defensive alliance, Article 5 is solely defensive. No war drums.

This war of choice by Putin explains why it remains necessary.

Or are you in the camp that Putin was right to invade? Ukraine "deserved" to be invaded? Maybe Ukraine isn't really a country, should be part of Russia...same for all the other former Russian hegemony states?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:57 pm As opposed to Biden demanding that Ukraine fire a prosecutor he does not like, while his son is influence trading with Burisma.
Weaponizing US intel ? Hunter dropped off the lap top on his own. Nothing needed to be weaponized.
:lol: Oh totally. My computer repair guy ALWAYS gives my computer to Rudy Giuliani....and then Giuliani hops on a plane to work with US Intel to see if he can find dirt on me an my family. This is totally normal, and not weaponizing US Intel. :roll:
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 am I don't get it, and I never will. How you can have such loyalty to a stupid political party is just beyond my comprehension.
Pot meet kettle.
:lol: Which political party do I have loyalty to, OS? I think it's AWESOME that Hillary paid for her decades of corruption and BS...with a big fat loss a the polls.

I think Hunter's job in Ukraine was CLEARLY corrupt, and a symbol of his father's overall corruption.....and that Biden has accomplished one, and only one thing as POTUS----the infrastructure bill I've been asking for for 20 years now. And at this point? It's nowhere near as large as it needs to be.

I think that Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer are lifelong bloodsucking politicians who have no more interest in the common man than Trump or DeSantis does...and that with each passing year that partisans let them get away with doing nothing? Our country circles the drain even further.

I think the "Deep State" of yours----honest, good (albeit imperfect) people in our government (like you, when you served our government)----are the only thing standing between Biden/Trump/McConnell and the abyss.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm a Russian lawyer, who was a client of Fusion GPS who HRC had hired to fabricate the Russia hoax. Can you connect the dots ?
Sure can.

Can you? Did they take the meeting, or not?

You can spin all you want. They TRIED to collude with Russia, OS...by their own admission.

And you act like this is a footnote. A moral trifle. Just no big deal.

Yet you're flipping out over Hillary playing the same BS immoral tricks.

You have to condemn both. You don't get to give TeamTrump a pass on this.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-doss ... rospective

A bucket of spit
I have a secret map to a buried treasure. I'll sell it to you at a good price.
Old Stockholm :lol: :lol:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm
get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:32 am

NATO is a defensive alliance, Article 5 is solely defensive. No war drums.

This war of choice by Putin explains why it remains necessary.

Or are you in the camp that Putin was right to invade? Ukraine "deserved" to be invaded? Maybe Ukraine isn't really a country, should be part of Russia...same for all the other former Russian hegemony states?
No, I am in the camp that it we hadn't been constantly discussing Ukraine's entry into NATO, he might not have invaded. Why such an obsession with a country with rampant corruption and a lack of democratic institutions? I don't see you calling for our involvement in Yemen.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:11 pm No, I am in the camp that it we hadn't been constantly discussing Ukraine's entry into NATO, he might not have invaded.
Nah, Putin already laid that notion to rest. If it was REALLY about having NATO in Ukraine, that's what he would have told his people was the reason for invasion.

Instead, he's made up a whole mess of fabricated reasons why we're there. This whole thing is about Putin maintaining power. And in Russia, this of course means that he's fighting for his life.
get it to x wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:11 pm Why such an obsession with a country with rampant corruption and a lack of democratic institutions? I don't see you calling for our involvement in Yemen.
Ironic that it's American Conservatives in 2020 who seem to no longer want to play "Cop to the World". It took us my lifetime to arrive at this point. Better late than never, I supposed.

Biden wants to keep the same post WWII Foreign Policy.....
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:11 pm I think the "Deep State" of yours----honest, good (albeit imperfect) people in our government (like you, when you served our government)----are the only thing standing between Biden/Trump/McConnell and the abyss.
Andy McCabe, Peter Strozk, Lisa Page -- my heroes & inspiration. Their insurance plan failed (Trump was elected), but they got book deals & cable news gigs.

Return to “POLITICS”