"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm a Russian lawyer, who was a client of Fusion GPS who HRC had hired to fabricate the Russia hoax. Can you connect the dots ?
Sure can.

Can you? Did they take the meeting, or not?

You can spin all you want. They TRIED to collude with Russia, OS...by their own admission.

And you act like this is a footnote. A moral trifle. Just no big deal.

Yet you're flipping out over Hillary playing the same BS immoral tricks.

You have to condemn both. You don't get to give TeamTrump a pass on this.
Fredo took the meeting as a favor to a friend. As soon as the grown ups saw what she was up to, they threw her out.

They weren't paying Fusion GPS millions to fabricate Russian disinformation to feed to the Deep State & the compliant msm.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:40 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-doss ... rospective

A bucket of spit
I have a secret map to a buried treasure. I'll sell it to you at a good price.
Old Stockholm :lol: :lol:
Trump whispered so many secrets to Putin at Helsinki, & so damaged NATO, that Stockholm & Helsinki are the capitals of our newest NATO allies, & the rest of the allies are now spending more on their collective defense.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:36 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm a Russian lawyer, who was a client of Fusion GPS who HRC had hired to fabricate the Russia hoax. Can you connect the dots ?
Sure can.

You can spin all you want. They TRIED to collude with Russia, OS...by their own admission.

Fredo took the meeting as a favor to a friend. As soon as the grown ups saw what she was up to, they threw her out.
:lol: This is what I'm talking about. You just can't help yourself.....excuses flow like a river for Republicans.

You can't just say "yep. No excuses. That was wrong to take that meeting, and no honorable person would EVER take that meeting.

Fredo didn't go alone, OS....but then you know that. Full grown adults took that meeting, OS.
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:36 pm They weren't paying Fusion GPS millions to fabricate Russian disinformation to feed to the Deep State & the compliant msm.
Whataboutism won't save you. Among other things you're ignoring? Hillary was a civilian....voted off the island, where she can do no harm. The voters took care of Hill's buffalo bagels.

But Fredo and his pals? Oh, some of them took office, remember? Gave them security clearances, and the whole ball of wax. Let these obviously morally compromised idiots

You and your party "forgot" to insist that Fredo came nowhere near power.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:26 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:11 pm I think the "Deep State" of yours----honest, good (albeit imperfect) people in our government (like you, when you served our government)----are the only thing standing between Biden/Trump/McConnell and the abyss.
Andy McCabe, Peter Strozk, Lisa Page -- my heroes & inspiration. Their insurance plan failed (Trump was elected), but they got book deals & cable news gigs.
So...why aren't you losing your sh*t over the FBI agents that are STILL going after Hunter? You called it "weaponizing US intel" when it happened to TrumpFamily.

When does Durham go after the agents who are daring to investigate Hunter?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:17 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:36 pm
Sure can.

:lol: This is what I'm talking about. You just can't help yourself.....excuses flow like a river for Republicans.

You can't just say "yep. No excuses. That was wrong to take that meeting, and no honorable person would EVER take that meeting.

Fredo didn't go alone, OS....but then you know that. Full grown adults took that meeting, OS.
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:36 pm They weren't paying Fusion GPS millions to fabricate Russian disinformation to feed to the Deep State & the compliant msm.
Whataboutism won't save you. Among other things you're ignoring? Hillary was a civilian....voted off the island, where she can do no harm. The voters took care of Hill's buffalo bagels.

But Fredo and his pals? Oh, some of them took office, remember? Gave them security clearances, and the whole ball of wax. Let these obviously morally compromised idiots

You and your party "forgot" to insist that Fredo came nowhere near power.
Fredo took the meeting without consulting the grown ups. As soon as the adults saw what was going on, they nixed it.
Fredo never got a job in the Admin. He was banging the show girls & ran off with one.
Last edited by old salt on Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:26 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:11 pm I think the "Deep State" of yours----honest, good (albeit imperfect) people in our government (like you, when you served our government)----are the only thing standing between Biden/Trump/McConnell and the abyss.
Andy McCabe, Peter Strozk, Lisa Page -- my heroes & inspiration. Their insurance plan failed (Trump was elected), but they got book deals & cable news gigs.
So...why aren't you losing your sh*t over the FBI agents that are STILL going after Hunter? You called it "weaponizing US intel" when it happened to TrumpFamily.

When does Durham go after the agents who are daring to investigate Hunter?
The bad actors in Durham's case are no longer on the job, for good reason.

Durham's not going after the FBI agents on the laptop because it's not his case. I'm not upset about the laptop investigation because it was a legit tip yielding real evidence. There's no indication those agents acted improperly, but then we haven't seen their love notes or learned about their supervisor's insurance plan to ensure that Biden was not elected.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:40 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 am https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-doss ... rospective

A bucket of spit
I have a secret map to a buried treasure. I'll sell it to you at a good price.
Old Stockholm :lol: :lol:
Trump whispered so many secrets to Putin at Helsinki, & so damaged NATO, that Stockholm & Helsinki are the capitals of our newest NATO allies, & the rest of the allies are now spending more on their collective defense.

Here you go: https://www.medicoverhospitals.in/symptoms/sore-tongue
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Alfa Bank Hoax Hoax

Durham's case is failing fast, but that hasn't stopped the Frothy Right and various Trumpy Truthers from claiming a victory...and vindication...

If only...
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:32 am Durham's not going after the FBI agents on the laptop because it's not his case. I'm not upset about the laptop investigation because it was a legit tip yielding real evidence. There's no indication those agents acted improperly, \
:lol: :lol: :lol: There's no indication those agents acted improperly?

Old Salt, FFS....wanna take a wild guess as to why?

Because Biden and FoxNews didn't go on full attack mode, and demand that five separate Federal Departments pull warrants, and turn those agents lives upside down!!!!

Pretty hard to find fault with the agents when that doesn't happen, OS.

As for "legit tip"......a computer store owner gave the thing to Rudy Freaking Giuliani!!! Oh yeah,. that squares. Nothing to see here!

Chain of custody? What's that? :roll:

You'd be screaming bloody murder if this was Fredo's laptop. But it's not....so you don't care.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:35 am
old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:32 am Durham's not going after the FBI agents on the laptop because it's not his case. I'm not upset about the laptop investigation because it was a legit tip yielding real evidence. There's no indication those agents acted improperly, \
:lol: :lol: :lol: There's no indication those agents acted improperly?

Old Salt, FFS....wanna take a wild guess as to why?

Because Biden and FoxNews didn't go on full attack mode, and demand that five separate Federal Departments pull warrants, and turn those agents lives upside down!!!!

Pretty hard to find fault with the agents when that doesn't happen, OS.

As for "legit tip"......a computer store owner gave the thing to Rudy Freaking Giuliani!!! Oh yeah,. that squares. Nothing to see here!

Chain of custody? What's that? :roll:

You'd be screaming bloody murder if this was Fredo's laptop. But it's not....so you don't care.
Nice try. He gave a copy of files from the hard drive to Rudy well AFTER he gave it to the FBI. He contacted Rudy because he never heard back from the FBI. You & the 50 partisan spooks claiming the laptop was Russian disinformation provided cover long enough to get through the election but the FBI has confirmed the laptop is legit & the US Atty in DE is using it in his investigation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:01 am The Alfa Bank Hoax Hoax

Durham's case is failing fast, but that hasn't stopped the Frothy Right and various Trumpy Truthers from claiming a victory...and vindication...

If only...
So Tim Miller is accusing Robbie Mook of lying ? Hillary was the real victim here. It was ok for her to fabricate the whole Trump Russia collusion hoax because the Russians got her emails.

Libs get sexually aroused when Tim Miller talks dirty to them. He's so edgy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 pm Nice try.
:lol: Right. So at no point will we investigate the Deep State FBI agents who are going after Hunter.

This is different, right? How is it different? Oh, well Hunter is a Democrat, naturally. So you magically no longer believe in the Deep State. The Deep State ONLY goes after Republicans because obviously the FBI would NEVER attract conservative voters to work there, right? :roll:

Do you not understand how stupid this is?

This is why Trump went after the FBI and everyone else who's mean to him...it's what he does. And it works. Especially on those who are already in the bag....Republican partisans.

And YOU fell for it. And you are STILL falling for it, and unwilling to admit how stupid this whole affair is.

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 pm He gave a copy of files from the hard drive to Rudy well AFTER he gave it to the FBI.
:lol: So he claims. You believe him, do ya? What happened to your razor-sharp skepticism that got you to believe that Flynn----a full General----was tricked by a couple of flunkies from the FBI?

Tell me: why in the world would he EVER give a copy of a customer's hard drive to Rudy Freaking Giuliani, Old Salt?

Go ahead and give me an above board reason. I'll wiat.

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 pm You & the 50 partisan spooks claiming the laptop was Russian disinformation provided cover long enough to get through the election
:lol: Just because you're a partisan pretending to be too stupid to understand that this entire episode stinks to high heaven doesn't mean the rest of us have to act like we're that dumb, OS.

Go ahead and tell me a legitimate reason why this guy gave what he claims are complete laptop files to Rudy.

Once you fail to do that...now you know why no one would run that story with ZERO time to confirm that the laptop is legit.

And at no time has the FBI confirmed that what's on that hard drive is 100% legit, sorry.

Yep, it's Hunters laptop. But did the guy mess with the contents? You don't care. Why? Because of little R's and D's.....Rinse. Repeat.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:42 pm

If only...
So Tim Miller is accusing Robbie Mook of lying ? Hillary was the real victim here. It was ok for her to fabricate the whole Trump Russia collusion hoax because the Russians got her emails.

Where does Miller accuse Mook of lying? I must have missed that.

Seems to me he dismantles the argument that Mook's testimony suggests anything remotely close to Hillary fabricating anything. She okayed telling the press that something fishy needed to be investigated in the Alpha Bank - Trump server connection, which no one (at least that I've read or heard) has actually explained satisfactorily, though also nothing nefarious ever actually proven either. Not "fabricated" and nothing more from Mook. Surely they asked...

So, why the exaggeration from all the Trump-Putin deniers?
Why lie about it, Salty?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:57 pm
:lol: Right. So at no point will we investigate the Deep State FBI agents who are going after Hunter.

This is different, right? How is it different? Oh, well Hunter is a Democrat, naturally. So you magically no longer believe in the Deep State. The Deep State ONLY goes after Republicans because obviously the FBI would NEVER attract conservative voters to work there, right? :roll:

This is why Trump went after the FBI and everyone else who's mean to him...it's what he does. And it works. Especially on those who are already in the bag....Republican partisans.

And YOU fell for it. And you are STILL falling for it, and unwilling to admit how stupid this whole affair is.

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 pm He gave a copy of files from the hard drive to Rudy well AFTER he gave it to the FBI.
:lol: So he claims. You believe him, do ya? What happened to your razor-sharp skepticism that got you to believe that Flynn----a full General----was tricked by a couple of flunkies from the FBI?

Tell me: why in the world would he EVER give a copy of a customer's hard drive to Rudy Freaking Giuliani, Old Salt?

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:29 pm You & the 50 partisan spooks claiming the laptop was Russian disinformation provided cover long enough to get through the election
:lol: Just because you're a partisan pretending to be too stupid to understand that this entire episode stinks to high heaven doesn't mean the rest of us have to act like we're that dumb, OS.

Go ahead and tell me a legitimate reason why this guy gave what he claims are complete laptop files to Rudy.

Once you fail to do that...now you know why no one would run that story with ZERO time to confirm that the laptop is legit.

And at no time has the FBI confirmed that what's on that hard drive is 100% legit, sorry.

Yep, it's Hunters laptop. But did the guy mess with the contents? You don't care. Why? Because of little R's and D's.....Rinse. Repeat.
So you don't trust the FBI to be able to verify the authenticity of the laptop ? A simple yes or no, please.

Does the DoJ IJ have any love note texts on govt devices between the FBI agents in the laptop investigation, talking about their insurance plan ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm

If only...

Seems to me he dismantles the argument that Mook's testimony suggests anything remotely close to Hillary fabricating anything. She okayed telling the press that something fishy needed to be investigated in the Alpha Bank - Trump server connection, which no one (at least that I've read or heard) has actually explained satisfactorily, though also nothing nefarious ever actually proven either. Not "fabricated" and nothing more from Mook. Surely they asked...

Why lie about it, Salty?
Ah yes, plausible deniability. Clinton knew nothing about what her campaign law firm, hired to do oppo, was doing ?

So you still buy the Alfa Bank connection theory ? :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm

If only...

Why lie about it, Salty?
Ah yes, plausible deniability. Clinton knew nothing about what her campaign law firm, hired to do oppo, was doing ?

So you still buy the Alfa Bank connection theory ? :lol:
I didn't know then, nor do I know now, why there was SO much activity between the Trump servers and Alpha Bank's. Far as I can tell from afar, that level of activity would be highly unlikely to have been caused by "no relationship". However, not all relationships would indicate anything nefarious. But if there was an innocent relationship, there'd be no reason to deny there was such at all.

That said, I can imagine some ways that somehow either end could have been hacked and used to communicate with the other, for whatever reason. So, unless there's a whistle blower or direct access to these servers (far as I know no one actually investigated that deeply) there's no way to know. The FBI apparently decided not to pursue further.

So, heck if I know. Do you?

As to Clinton knowing that Sussmann would go to the FBI with this, that certainly wasn't Mook's testimony, indeed he claimed under oath that such would not have been recommended by the Campaign and he (Campaign Chair) hadn't heard anything about it. Are you saying he lied under oath?

He also claims this was presented to Hillary, not something she was otherwise involved in and she gave the thumbs up...now, could she have told Sussmann, including telling him to go to the FBI (frankly, they should have done so if they felt they knew something the FBI didn't), sure, maybe. But no one has testified to this, in fact, I think Sussman has denied it.

So, this seems an egregiously exaggerated misrepresentation of what Mook's testimony means...in other words, lying about it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm
a fan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:57 pm

So you don't trust the FBI to be able to verify the authenticity of the laptop ? A simple yes or no, please.

Does the DoJ IJ have any love note texts on govt devices between the FBI agents in the laptop investigation, talking about their insurance plan ?
"authenticity"???

Man, I could drive a truck through that window.

IF the laptop was once Hunter's, it was not in his possession for quite awhile, and the chain of custody of it is immensely fraught with ways in which what the FBI eventually "received" may not have been what was there when Hunter gave it up.

Extremely difficult to prove the "authenticity" of the contents of the laptop, given that chain of custody...and given the motivations of various players in that chain, hoo boy, that's a bunch of known liars...SO...where are you gonna give the benefit of the doubt?

I'm pretty confident that any good, honest prosecutor wouldn't ask a jury to believe they can draw a sound conclusion from any of those contents...heck, any good judge would exclude it from consideration, given that chain.

And from that, we're being asked to imagine what stuff means??? that's it?

Seriously, how long has this "investigation" been going on? Producing what?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm So you don't trust the FBI to be able to verify the authenticity of the laptop ? .
:lol: Yep. But then I don't believe in a Deep State...that's you, my man. So why do YOU trust the FBI here...what happened to your skepticism?

This is LITERALLY my point: now that they're going after a Republican, your distrust of this Deep State of yours disappears. It's a Xmas Miracle!!!!

But to answer your question directly, I trust that the FBI verified that yes, this is Hunter's laptop. That's it. That's the comment they made, and said NOTHING about verifying every file and email.

So no, I don't believe that the veracity of the contents of said laptop is unassailable. Were files deleted? What did this store owner do to it? Who the F knows? Unlike you, I don't believe ANYONE who would give my laptop to Rudy (snicker) Giuliani, any more than I trust Giuliani himself.

And is the "copy" that he gave to Giuliani identical to what the FBI has? How could you possibly know? The FBI ain't talkin' about that.

But sure, pretend you don't already know this OS.
old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm Does the DoJ IJ have any love note texts on govt devices between the FBI agents in the laptop investigation, talking about their insurance plan ?
Here, let me turn up the volume so you get it: You have to open an investigation on these FBI agents to find out, OS.

Start handing out subpoenas, warrants, and turn the FBI agents' lives upside down, just like Trump did. Multiple investigations from multiple departments.

Get it? No really----do you get it now? THAT is why Trump did that, OS. He knows that these agents are humans, and the more digging you do, the more you can discredit their work and find anything that APPEARS to be bad....and then out comes the exaggerations, even though the FBI didn't find that they did anything unethical or illegal. Just make it LOOK like that happened, and that's enough for FoxNation.

And YOU fell for this game, OS. All in in the name of the letter R.....
old salt

Post by old salt »

^^^How long did the Mueller investigation go on & at what cost ?
What did it prove ? How much confidence did it inspire in the outcome ?
At least Durham & the DE US Attorney investigations are consuming much less in resources & not dominating the daily news cycles with leaks that lead to nothing. In these investigations you have to wait for court filings to find out what they found.

You are lying to yourself if you think Clinton did not know what her campaign was doing. Sussmann & Steele billed 'em for it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm ^^^How long did the Mueller investigation go on & at what cost ?
Yeah, and who's fault was that? You ALWAYS want to paint Trump as a saint who did nothing wrong in this whole stupid mess.

Step 1: don't have you and your team lie anytime anyone questioned them about Russia.
Step 2: don't fire the man investigating you and your team

Do those two things, no Mueller.

You know: just like Joe Biden with his POS son. Did he fire the team going after Hunter? You know that he can legally do that, yes?

Yet he didn't. So no one is asking for a Mueller to show up....hey, how about that? It's almost as if firing the guy who's investigating you leads to the demand that an IP be appointed.
old salt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm You are lying to yourself if you think Clinton did not know what her campaign was doing. Sussmann & Steele billed 'em for it.
:lol: You got it backwards, and usual. And as usual, you want it both ways.

You see, telling me that Hillary was behind this gets rid of your Deep State nonsense. It wasn't a conspiracy...it was completely legal political dirty tricks. No different....and no less disgusting... than Trump claiming the Mexicans are comin' to get ya over that thar open border.

There is no Deep State. All it was was political poo-throwing, coupled with Trump's inability to say "hello" without lying, and Trump's belief that so long as it's legal....the POTUS can do whatever he pleases.

He paid the price for this view. Thankfully.

Return to “POLITICS”