Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by ggait »

Agree with all that.

But the cops wouldn’t need nearly as much courage if the shooter had a shotgun or a handgun. Instead of a MSSA rifle with high capacity magazines.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

So much for the NRA "Good Guy with a gun" BS.

"Nearly 400 law enforcement officials rushed to a mass shooting that left 21 people dead at a Uvalde elementary school,

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-te ... 3ea77cf8ea
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I really think we are going to be able to have a good, forthright and productive dialogue on this:

https://twitter.com/RonnyJacksonTX/stat ... 0696640512
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:58 am I really think we are going to be able to have a good, forthright and productive dialogue on this:

I'll start...when you heading to Texas? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:30 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:58 am I really think we are going to be able to have a good, forthright and productive dialogue on this:

I'll start...when you heading to Texas? ;)
I think Texas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are pretty much off my relocation list -- there are just idiots and crazies in the ascendancy there. The list is probably a lot longer. I live in a so-called purple state; it's nice, very few nutcakes in government, and guns don't seem, here anyway, to be the main piece of iconography on the altar of some f*cked up religion.

If Ronni was a high school junior, the cops would be visiting him for these comments. But he's a Congressman. JFC.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

“The shooting happened at about 1:30 a.m. at the busy intersection of 20th and Larimer streets, which is surrounded by nightclubs and not far from Coors Field, where the Colorado Rockies play.”

5 bystanders? Nice marksmanship…

https://coloradosun.com/2022/07/17/down ... dium=email
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

For me this is REALLY good news......the Denver program that sends social workers/mental health worker with actual training to 911 calls that don't require the police.

No matter where you are on the political spectrum, you should be thrilled to see this program work...and I hope it gets Federal funding, and is rolled out nation wide. It's FAR cheaper, safer...deescalates many situations, and keeps untrained police out of harm's way. This is what rational people meant when some called it "defunding the police".

It costs about $150 when STAR responded to an offense compared to nearly $650 when the Denver PD responded on their own,

https://denverite.com/2022/07/13/denver ... ooYh2mZkIg
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 am For me this is REALLY good news......the Denver program that sends social workers/mental health worker with actual training to 911 calls that don't require the police.

No matter where you are on the political spectrum, you should be thrilled to see this program work...and I hope it gets Federal funding, and is rolled out nation wide. It's FAR cheaper, safer...deescalates many situations, and keeps untrained police out of harm's way. This is what rational people meant when some called it "defunding the police".

It costs about $150 when STAR responded to an offense compared to nearly $650 when the Denver PD responded on their own,

As opposed to the LEO-horde of 400 twats that gathered in Uvalde for a pearl-clutching?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Pro-gun but anti-funeral, at least the r's are getting realistic with their resposne to mass shootings.

Gov. Greg Abbott did not attend funerals for any of the Uvalde shooting victims

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... 312174.php
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 am For me this is REALLY good news......the Denver program that sends social workers/mental health worker with actual training to 911 calls that don't require the police.

"Progressive" in its effectiveness, and it also appeals to fiscal conservatives like us!

do more...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Didn’t see an education thread thought there was one but this is worth dropping in. Totally bad idea IMO but it’s happening in exurban Atl

Metro school district approves clear backpack policy for 2022-23 school year

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — A metro Atlanta school district has adopted a clear bookbag policy for the upcoming school year. It’s part of an effort to keep weapons off school campuses.

[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]

The decision comes after close to 100 weapons were seized on buses or school grounds last year.

The district says it will provide clear backpacks for all students as needed but it also encourages families who can afford them to get them.

BACK 2 SCHOOL

Back 2 School 2022: When does my district go back to school?
Tips on keeping your child safe while at school
Recess will now be required for all elementary schools under new Georgia law
Across the metro area, bag rules vary from district to district.

Fulton County Schools leave the bag policy up to the schools.

In DeKalb County, guns on school grounds led administrators to make a backpack ban at McNair High School.

Rockdale County Public Schools will also require all students to carry transparent backpacks starting next school year.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Jamie Raskin eviscerating the "insurrection" theory of the Second Amendment:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/15 ... mp4?tag=12
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:47 pm Jamie Raskin eviscerating the "insurrection" theory of the Second Amendment:

If you want to see an " insurrection" wait until the gubmint decides to ban all AR-15 type weapons. You think a 100 million gun owners will just lay over belly up?? The gubmint will become the reality of the fears all these gun owners have always suspected. My opinion has nothing to do with the reality of the scope of what the anti gun people want to happen. We can't stop they ongoing every night slaughter in urban America because of ILLEGAL WEAPONS. So what do you think RED what happens in this country when you try and ban a type of weapon already in the possession of many million law abiding citizens? Let me know how you think that works out?? Unless of course your satisfied with the half ass approach being put forward by many folks? It is all or nothing isn't it?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:47 pm Jamie Raskin eviscerating the "insurrection" theory of the Second Amendment:

Very nicely done. In about a minute and half he debunks the whole theory that underlies this budding "super-right." Some people won't pay attention (see above).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:07 pm

Very nicely done. In about a minute and half he debunks the whole theory that underlies this budding "super-right." Some people won't pay attention (see above).
If you paid attention counselor to what I have posted previously, which you have not, I'm all for severely restricting the access to 5.56 weapons. Your enamored by all the rhetoric from the anti gun folks who want to ban the possession of these weapons from every American citizen. Enlighten me counselor as to what the objective is from the anti gun crowd? Enlighten me again counselor how the eff you confiscate 100 million weapons from people if that ever became reality. POTUS Biden expressed his desire to ban ALL these weapons. Since you are a lawyer with intricate knowledge of this type of minutia.. how do you make such a ban retroactive to all Americans?? I'm all ears counselor. Since we can't prevent illegal weapons from getting into the hands of people who can't legally possess them what is the point again? Since we are crawling into this rathole counselor.. define for me what an assault weapon is??
What the politicians are doing here is peeing into the wind. It makes for impressive yet useless rhetoric that means diddly squat.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:27 pm

If you paid attention counselor to what I have posted previously, which you have not, I'm all for severely restricting the access to 5.56 weapons. Your enamored by all the rhetoric from the anti gun folks who want to ban the possession of these weapons from every American citizen. Enlighten me counselor as to what the objective is from the anti gun crowd? Enlighten me again counselor how the eff you confiscate 100 million weapons from people if that ever became reality. POTUS Biden expressed his desire to ban ALL these weapons. Since you are a lawyer with intricate knowledge of this type of minutia.. how do you make such a ban retroactive to all Americans?? I'm all ears counselor. Since we can't prevent illegal weapons from getting into the hands of people who can't legally possess them what is the point again? Since we are crawling into this rathole counselor.. define for me what an assault weapon is??
What the politicians are doing here is peeing into the wind. It makes for impressive yet useless rhetoric that means diddly squat.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I’ve never advocated confiscation of legal guns. Ever. A lot of the time you are telling me what I think — when I don’t think that at all. You want to categorize me and others: why? Does it just make life easier to put people in handy buckets? Or is it learned behavior? I’m not involved in cultish groupthink, whatever you think.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:27 pm

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I’ve never advocated confiscation of legal guns. Ever. A lot of the time you are telling me what I think — when I don’t think that at all. You want to categorize me and others: why? Does it just make life easier to put people in handy buckets? Or is it learned behavior? I’m not involved in cultish groupthink, whatever you think.
Good for you. The objective and end game as stated by POTUS Biden is to BAN SEMI AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. To my knowledge there is no detail I'm aware what he means by that. Restricting access to people under 21 is not banning these weapons. Your not advocating the confiscation if these weapons. You would have a problem if such a ban becomes a reality? It is next to useless to ban a weapon already in possession of a hundred million Americans. What it does it create a massive black market for cartel members in Mexico to make mega millions smuggling weapons into the US. Given the security issues on our southern border who is going to stop them? In a nutshell counselor, do you really think a ban on assault weapons would mean diddly squat if a person is intent on buying one? I think it will become a huge moneymaker for bad guys in Mexico. They don't give a chit about some pimple faced teenager that wants to shoot up a school. In my world law enforcement could concentrate on ILLEGAL WEAPONS. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/11122143 ... udies-find

"In the first year after a non-fatal firearm injury, survivors experienced a 40% increase in physical pain or other forms of pain syndromes; a 50% increase in psychiatric disorders; and an 85% increase in substance use disorders," Dr. Song says, while on break from his rounds at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he practices internal medicine. He adds more research is needed as to exactly why those addiction numbers and other disorders go up so dramatically.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I wonder why the control freaks in DC allowed this to happen?? They don't let such things happen to the EPA. This entire article Dis is the equivalent of that dog that won't hunt... nice try though. :D

Return to “POLITICS”