Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:56 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:54 pm Matt Gaetz looks like he is going to be charged on three counts related to his sex trafficing activity. His girlfriend testified before the grand jury today as part of her own plea deal with DOJ. Only the best people. MAGA
MAGA

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-rep ... 022-01-12/
IM late to the game on this one...according to the article it says "Gaetz is being investigated for three crimes: sex trafficking of a 17-year-old; violating a federal law that prohibits moving women across state lines for prostitution; and obstructing justice, NBC reported, citing unnamed legal sources familiar with the case."

Do we know this actually is? Did he pay for sex and the person had to drive across state lines....hard to figure out what they are saying from the article.
No one knows for sure, but I think that I saw the girl mentioned in the news today had recorded a 3 way telephone conversation with Gaetz as this "story" was orginally breaking.

It is my experience, from watching similar people over the ages, that this is probably going to lead to meaningful charges of "obstruction of justice". The old saying that "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up" is well-worn for a reason.
Gotcha. Sounded like he might have been trying to hook up with someone 'underaged' and drove across states lines with her, based on the charges. Probably some instagram chick slid into his DM's, got em all wound up and shawte' was cissed to get some buns.
The former GF was given immunity from a conspiracy charge (which derived from her being recorded on both her and Gaetz' phones - the Feds have both phones). She likely has independent corroboration information on material provided by Goldberg which cannot be used on his own as he has plead guilty and isn't a trusted single source of information to charge Gaetz.

Good summary here -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... g-n1287352
dislaxxic

Re: Conservative Ideology ~Unfit to Govern in 2022~

Post by dislaxxic »

Greene Tiptoes Up To The Line Of Arguing That Guns Should Be Used Against Dems

Manifestly Unfit.

Hope this didn't chap any butts on our trumpist friends...you know, disagreeing with their views... :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 am Greene Tiptoes Up To The Line Of Arguing That Guns Should Be Used Against Dems

Manifestly Unfit.

Hope this didn't chap any butts on our trumpist friends...you know, disagreeing with their views... :roll:

If it chapped your butt Dis then sprinkle on a little more baby powder when you change your depends.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matt Gaetz's sister in law (Roxanne Luckey) tells her story of how when she was 19, Gaetz put one of his near 40 year old male friends on to her scent. Gaetz has since married Roxanne's 26 year old sister Ginger.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm Matt Gaetz's sister in law (Roxanne Luckey) tells her story of how when she was 19, Gaetz put one of his near 40 year old male friends on to her scent. Gaetz has since married Roxanne's 26 year old sister Ginger.
Was she an intern or subordinate employee? Asking for a friend.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm Matt Gaetz's sister in law (Roxanne Luckey) tells her story of how when she was 19, Gaetz put one of his near 40 year old male friends on to her scent. Gaetz has since married Roxanne's 26 year old sister Ginger.
His bumper sticker says "Incest is the best"
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:42 pm
... Daily Beast confirmed she was a White House intern, which would make her a subordinate employee.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm
... Daily Beast confirmed she was a White House intern, which would make her a subordinate employee.
Only if Gaetz was in the executive branch.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Little Snowflakes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/p ... s-rnc.html

"The Republican National Committee is preparing to change its rules to require presidential candidates seeking the party’s nomination to sign a pledge to not participate in any debates sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Republican committee officials alerted the debate commission to their plans in a letter sent on Thursday, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times. If the change goes forward, it would be one of the most substantial shifts in how presidential and vice-presidential debates have been conducted since the commission began organizing debates more than 30 years ago.

The nonprofit commission, founded by the two parties in 1987 to codify the debates as a permanent part of presidential elections, describes itself as nonpartisan. But Republicans have complained for nearly a decade that its processes favor the Democrats, mirroring increasing rancor from conservatives toward Washington-based institutions.

The move by the R.N.C. was an outgrowth of those long-held complaints and came after months of discussions between the commission and party officials. According to the R.N.C.’s letter, the chairman of the party’s temporary presidential debate committee, David Bossie, began discussions last year with the debate commission’s co-chairman, Frank Fahrenkopf, a former Republican official.

The Republican Party chairwoman, Ronna McDaniel, had demanded that changes be made to the commission and how the debates were held, writing in a letter to the commission in June that the party and its voters had lost faith in the commission.

The change requiring candidates to refuse participation in the commission’s debates is to be voted on at the R.N.C. winter meeting in Salt Lake City in February. If the R.N.C. moves forward with it, it is unclear what that would mean for future debates. But it would change the approach to be similar to what happened before the commission existed, when the two parties or campaigns had to negotiate directly and agree on terms, or no debates would take place.

Commission officials have privately complained that R.N.C. leaders have conflated the processes around primary debates with those in the general election, which are the only ones the commission is involved with. They have also complained that the commission historically deals with campaigns and not with party committees. While the eventual nominee could decide to debate, there’s far more energy in the G.O.P. base behind abandoning institutions than there used to be.

Circumstances could always change and the R.N.C. could choose not to go ahead with the planned rules change. But Ms. McDaniel has walked far out on a limb with her latest letter, and the commission, which usually negotiates with the nominees’ campaigns, is showing no sign of making the R.N.C. a negotiating partner.

“The C.P.D. deals directly with candidates for President and Vice President who qualify for participation,” the commission said in a statement. “The C.P.D.’s plans for 2024 will be based on fairness, neutrality and a firm commitment to help the American public learn about the candidates and the issues.”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

There may well be a lot more debates aired with "empty chairs" ... an apt description of many of today's actual "human" GOP nominees...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:10 pm There may well be a lot more debates aired with "empty chairs" ... an apt description of many of today's actual "human" GOP nominees...

The GOP is an organization that increasingly will not abide by the norms of the country. This is just another example. It really is hard to believe that any American who loves this country could vote for any of these people.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:20 pm
Awful legalistic of you.

If he did that with my daughter I’d knock his teeth out. How about you? Would you countenance such behavior?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm
Awful legalistic of you.

If he did that with my daughter I’d knock his teeth out. How about you? Would you countenance such behavior?
If my daughter was an adult? And dating a guy 20 years her senior? And she liked the guy? My wife and I would throw so much shade at him that it would be hard not to get the message by either of them.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:10 pm There may well be a lot more debates aired with "empty chairs" ... an apt description of many of today's actual "human" GOP nominees...

These weren't real debates anyway. Real debates don't have two minute answers for very complex issues. Often they were more about the questions not asked than the ones that were asked. I would have the candidates ask each other questions unrehearsed. Give each candidate an aggregate of 90 minutes to answer all questions, with a ten minute limit on any question. Ten questions each. Ask question, shut up and wait your turn. One follow up question for each answer. We might be better informed to cast our vote. When I hear Dems defending institutions like these "debates" while at the same time begging for a reset of the whole system, my BS meter pegs.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm
Awful legalistic of you.

If my daughter was an adult? And dating a guy 20 years her senior? And she liked the guy? My wife and I would throw so much shade at him that it would be hard not to get the message by either of them.
Guess I’m a little more straightforward than you and your wife.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... she was not an intern for Gaetz ... she did not work for Gaetz. Gaetz was never her boss. She meet Gaetz through her sister. She met the creepy friend of Gaetz through Gaetz. I misunderstood your question.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:56 pm Little Snowflakes:

"The Republican National Committee is preparing to change its rules to require presidential candidates seeking the party’s nomination to sign a pledge to not participate in any debates sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Republican committee officials alerted the debate commission to their plans in a letter sent on Thursday, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times. If the change goes forward, it would be one of the most substantial shifts in how presidential and vice-presidential debates have been conducted since the commission began organizing debates more than 30 years ago.

The nonprofit commission, founded by the two parties in 1987 to codify the debates as a permanent part of presidential elections, describes itself as nonpartisan. But Republicans have complained for nearly a decade that its processes favor the Democrats, mirroring increasing rancor from conservatives toward Washington-based institutions.

The move by the R.N.C. was an outgrowth of those long-held complaints and came after months of discussions between the commission and party officials. According to the R.N.C.’s letter, the chairman of the party’s temporary presidential debate committee, David Bossie, began discussions last year with the debate commission’s co-chairman, Frank Fahrenkopf, a former Republican official.

The Republican Party chairwoman, Ronna McDaniel, had demanded that changes be made to the commission and how the debates were held, writing in a letter to the commission in June that the party and its voters had lost faith in the commission.

The change requiring candidates to refuse participation in the commission’s debates is to be voted on at the R.N.C. winter meeting in Salt Lake City in February. If the R.N.C. moves forward with it, it is unclear what that would mean for future debates. But it would change the approach to be similar to what happened before the commission existed, when the two parties or campaigns had to negotiate directly and agree on terms, or no debates would take place.

Commission officials have privately complained that R.N.C. leaders have conflated the processes around primary debates with those in the general election, which are the only ones the commission is involved with. They have also complained that the commission historically deals with campaigns and not with party committees. While the eventual nominee could decide to debate, there’s far more energy in the G.O.P. base behind abandoning institutions than there used to be.

Circumstances could always change and the R.N.C. could choose not to go ahead with the planned rules change. But Ms. McDaniel has walked far out on a limb with her latest letter, and the commission, which usually negotiates with the nominees’ campaigns, is showing no sign of making the R.N.C. a negotiating partner.

“The C.P.D. deals directly with candidates for President and Vice President who qualify for participation,” the commission said in a statement. “The C.P.D.’s plans for 2024 will be based on fairness, neutrality and a firm commitment to help the American public learn about the candidates and the issues.”
... this is the ultimate whiny snowflake-ism. Republicans should be embarrassed, but of course they are not. :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:56 pm Little Snowflakes:

... this is the ultimate whiny snowflake-ism. Republicans should be embarrassed, but of course they are not. :roll:
Shamelessness is the GOP’s superpower.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I’m 65. I voted straight Republican for all local, state, House, and Senate candidates until 2018. I didn’t vote for McCain (Palin was a non-presidential decision) or Trump either time. (Growing up in the NY metro area I knew of his character.)

I’ll never vote for another R candidate again, and I’m not the only one who’s made that decision.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:31 pm I’m 65. I voted straight Republican for all local, state, House, and Senate candidates until 2018. I didn’t vote for McCain (Palin was a non-presidential decision) or Trump either time. (Growing up in the NY metro area I knew of his character.)

I’ll never vote for another R candidate again, and I’m not the only one who’s made that decision.
Because one of them Venezwailing voting machines always flips your vote?? ;)

Return to “POLITICS”