Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 am More Trumpnista - republican hypocrisy and non-sense. Goldberg faults the parents of two black kids. Fair enough, there is something to be said for that, although there is more that could be said, that jackasses like Goldberg never want to discuss. Where is the faulting of the parents of Kyle Rittenhouse? Where is the right-wing commentator willing to state the obvious that says a 17 year old has no business carrying a semi-automatic rifle into a protest zone occupied by the police and under police curfew, a kid looking for trouble and finding it. A kid looking for trouble being aided and abetted by the moronic actions of the police themselves.

I also love the right's misuse of the term "woke". At one time the word may have actually had meaning in the black liberation movement. But the right's (Goldberg's) usage of the term is meaningless, just as is cancel culture. It does not serve to define, it serves to obfuscate. It is an attempt at meaningless insult, and a rallying cry for their know nothing base.
Woke, cancel culture. It's all stupid. So is accusing every single republican evil, uncaring, unempathetic, etc. Unfortunately the vast majority suck it up and respond in kind. Not like that's changed much in hundreds of years however, so it's not the reason in itself for the increasing division. The vast majority of people weren't engaging in thoughtful discourse 50yrs ago or 100yrs ago. We had presidents challenging dudes to duels, though at least people we're willing to give their lives for their beliefs rather than this victimization we see among almost all people these days. Probably has something to do with the nature of a binary option democracy I presume.

To wit, I can handle conversations with Dislaxxic or some others all day and night when they want to but I'm not sure how I'd respond to some bomb tossing by Omar or AOC who doesn't know the first thing about me but I could see lobbing allegations and accusations at the first attempt to present a position different than theirs.
“ The vast majority of people weren't engaging in thoughtful discourse 50yrs ago or 100yrs ago. ”

Or ever? That normal distribution is a cold, hard reality.

Most humans have been and will be not too bright.

“Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:55 am More Trumpnista - republican hypocrisy and non-sense. Goldberg faults the parents of two black kids. Fair enough, there is something to be said for that, although there is more that could be said, that jackasses like Goldberg never want to discuss. Where is the faulting of the parents of Kyle Rittenhouse? Where is the right-wing commentator willing to state the obvious that says a 17 year old has no business carrying a semi-automatic rifle into a protest zone occupied by the police and under police curfew, a kid looking for trouble and finding it. A kid looking for trouble being aided and abetted by the moronic actions of the police themselves.

I also love the right's misuse of the term "woke". At one time the word may have actually had meaning in the black liberation movement. But the right's (Goldberg's) usage of the term is meaningless, just as is cancel culture. It does not serve to define, it serves to obfuscate. It is an attempt at meaningless insult, and a rallying cry for their know nothing base.
Woke, cancel culture. It's all stupid. So is accusing every single republican evil, uncaring, unempathetic, etc. Unfortunately the vast majority suck it up and respond in kind. Not like that's changed much in hundreds of years however, so it's not the reason in itself for the increasing division. The vast majority of people weren't engaging in thoughtful discourse 50yrs ago or 100yrs ago. We had presidents challenging dudes to duels, though at least people we're willing to give their lives for their beliefs rather than this victimization we see among almost all people these days. Probably has something to do with the nature of a binary option democracy I presume.

To wit, I can handle conversations with Dislaxxic or some others all day and night when they want to but I'm not sure how I'd respond to some bomb tossing by Omar or AOC who doesn't know the first thing about me but I could see lobbing allegations and accusations at the first attempt to present a position different than theirs.
“ The vast majority of people weren't engaging in thoughtful discourse 50yrs ago or 100yrs ago. ”

Or ever? That normal distribution is a cold, hard reality.

Most humans have been and will be not too bright.

“Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.”
Sigh. Yeah. In spite of the potential humans possess.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Realizing that I take a risk referencing/recommending something from CNN but I saw a bit of this piece this morning and I was impressed. Zakaria traces the history of the GOP from the late 50s/early 60s and the 1964 election wherein they abandoned their central/liberal wing went all in for Goldwater.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021 ... a-special/

Also how Reagan manipulated the conservatives with a political sleight of hand that a fan has referenced here often.

Worth a view and would love to see feedback. Its playing again right now
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trumpnista-republicans are such morons. Great for the brand. :lol: :roll: The new republican mascot is the "conspiracy theory".
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That can’t be called conservative can it? Some other words I’d imagine.
See Martin, Malcolm
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:08 pm Realizing that I take a risk referencing/recommending something from CNN but I saw a bit of this piece this morning and I was impressed. Zakaria traces the history of the GOP from the late 50s/early 60s and the 1964 election wherein they abandoned their central/liberal wing went all in for Goldwater.

Also how Reagan manipulated the conservatives with a political sleight of hand that a fan has referenced here often.

How does a mentally deranged, dementia riddled POTUS like Reagan have any ability to manipulate anyone? This goes back to the contradictions by FLP types on this forum every damn day... Republicans are soooooo dumb yet Republicans are sooooooooooo clever. You can't have it both ways people. You should make up your minds here. Are Republicans dumb or are they really smart?? My understanding is that depends on how you folks feel on any given day. Republicans are dumb when you want them to be and really smart when you think they have hoodwinked you. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 am Trumpnista-republicans are such morons. Great for the brand. :lol: :roll: The new republican mascot is the "conspiracy theory".
Back up the bus there Doc, your agreeing with a Republican here???? :lol: I thought MD was the only RINO you would ever climb into bed with?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:08 pm Realizing that I take a risk referencing/recommending something from CNN but I saw a bit of this piece this morning and I was impressed. Zakaria traces the history of the GOP from the late 50s/early 60s and the 1964 election wherein they abandoned their central/liberal wing went all in for Goldwater.

Anyone else have this link blocked by Google due to a security issue?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:44 am

nope
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:44 am

nope
Nope
DMac

Post by DMac »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:44 am Anyone else have this link blocked by Google due to a security issue?
When I clicked on it said, no tech37 but you're okay.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:10 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:44 am Anyone else have this link blocked by Google due to a security issue?
:D Thought the article might have triggered an algorithm.

something then with my computer...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

CNN server was likely flabbergasted that you were actually visiting them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a youtube link for you

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:10 am
CNN server was likely flabbergasted that you were actually visiting them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D True dat Kismet

Thanks for the YT link
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:14 am

Thanks for the YT link
I'd be interested in your thoughts/reactions after you watch it.

As they say, History rarely repeats but often rhymes. :!:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

(Warning there’s cursing in this)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqeXSYc8nE
See Martin, Malcolm
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks for the YT link

Well done documentary. A little context... I was never interested in politics, it was always something going on in the background when I was young. I've never been a Republican, that was my father's party and he and I didn't seem to agree on much of anything for the longest time. When I went into business for myself in '91, I started to pay a little more attention. You'll laugh but I became a registered Democrat so I could vote for Jerry Brown in the CT primary.

I realize how/why you're aligning dots with the past and see the connections. I believe as a society in general we've come a long way since Barry Goldwater, but certainly the two parties have not. For me, this documentary simply reminds me of how much I hate politics, politicians, and the two party system which continues to fail the American people.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

i like "Y'all Qaeda" myself :lol: :lol:

The GOP Has Its Own Squad—of Stupid Sycophants and Sickos

Of course, these individuals only reflect the "thought processes" of their 'constituent" deplorables...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:25 am i like "Y'all Qaeda" myself :lol: :lol:

The GOP Has Its Own Squad—of Stupid Sycophants and Sickos

Of course, these individuals only reflect the "thought processes" of their 'constituent" deplorables...

Kevin McCarty disagrees. He says the republican House is a serious deliberative body, not a junior high school. He would be more believable if he weren't the 8th grade class president. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:21 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks for the YT link

Well done documentary. A little context... I was never interested in politics, it was always something going on in the background when I was young. I've never been a Republican, that was my father's party and he and I didn't seem to agree on much of anything for the longest time. When I went into business for myself in '91, I started to pay a little more attention. You'll laugh but I became a registered Democrat so I could vote for Jerry Brown in the CT primary.

I realize how/why you're aligning dots with the past and see the connections. I believe as a society in general we've come a long way since Barry Goldwater, but certainly the two parties have not. For me, this documentary simply reminds me of how much I hate politics, politicians, and the two party system which continues to fail the American people.
Like I said, history usually doesn't repeat but it often does rhyme with regard to both parties. I'd have to agree with your view on politics and politicians. I did find the John Birch Society connection of note as some of it is prevalent today. I can't identify a specific similar reference to the left but I'm sure there is one. Perhaps Black Panthers/Nation of Islam in the 60s-70s.

When ideology replaces governing, we are all in trouble regardless of affiliation IMHO.

Return to “POLITICS”