The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:06 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:31 am Is it 'really' hate or is it more out of an endless dissatisfaction with inclusion? Gay/Lesbian people are now marginalized by the plethora of continued identities that add on to the LGBTQ+ call sign.

Crazy, when I speak to a gay, black, man, elementary school teacher....he is complaining abut the above. Happy? yes, that life as a gay person is quite acceptable now. According to him, all these subsets are making matters worse and we are turning in to a bunch Karen's.
A huge +1. When I read about the LGBTQIA2S community in NYC opposed to police security for the Gay Pride event. With all of the evil out there focused on these people, they are willing to trust their security to people they prefer. I hope it works out for them. If the situation turns to chit, then don't call the police and let your people handle the situation. I'm not being derogatory in the use of " your people" When you live in America and don't consider the police as "your people" that is a country and a society heading in the wrong direction.
:lol:

It's because the police have a very long and distinguished history of beating and arresting "your people" for simply existing.

Just like black people.

Would you want a group who for decades openly hated you acting as your security?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 am ...Why in the hell would an activist from a gay pride group turn down police protection in a situation that could turn violent in 5 seconds? They don't trust the police...
A person or persons within the gay *activist* community doesn't want police protection. OK. But this doesn't translate to "they". i.e. The gay community.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:20 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:11 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:04 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:55 amLGBTQIA2S
LGBTQIA2S does not equal gays. There are L activists. G activists. B activists. T activists. LGBT activists. LGBTQ activists. etc. And each of these are just... activists. Personally, I'm not so connected to any activist community. But I am connected to Ls, Gs, Bs, Ts, etc. In other words, LGBTQIA2S has no real meaning to me because, for me, it's politically-based activist stuff that does not interest me.
+1
So I'm confused here. You folks are telling me that LGBTQIA2S actually has no real defined meaning? That is an admission from you folks that I can honestly believe. I suppos e in good ole liberal terminology you would define it as open to interpretation. That would of course be strictly limited to YOUR interpretation. :lol:
... the +1 indicates my position is exactly the same as Matt's, understanding and feeling. Period. You of course want to build some liberal conspiracy :lol: :lol: :lol:
What liberal conspiracy would that be? I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. Matt said what he said. He is the only person than can add relevant further context on to his own words. I don't think he needs you to speak for him. I know I would feel very uncomfortable if you ever supported me on anything. I don't see that ever happening.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:31 am Is it 'really' hate or is it more out of an endless dissatisfaction with inclusion? Gay/Lesbian people are now marginalized by the plethora of continued identities that add on to the LGBTQ+ call sign.

Crazy, when I speak to a gay, black, man, elementary school teacher....he is complaining abut the above. Happy? yes, that life as a gay person is quite acceptable now. According to him, all these subsets are making matters worse and we are turning in to a bunch Karen's.
A huge +1. When I read about the LGBTQIA2S community in NYC opposed to police security for the Gay Pride event. With all of the evil out there focused on these people, they are willing to trust their security to people they prefer. I hope it works out for them. If the situation turns to chit, then don't call the police and let your people handle the situation. I'm not being derogatory in the use of " your people" When you live in America and don't consider the police as "your people" that is a country and a society heading in the wrong direction.

It's because the police have a very long and distinguished history of beating and arresting "your people" for simply existing.

Just like black people.

Would you want a group who for decades openly hated you acting as your security?
There is the name of an SE Hinton novel that answers your question... That was then. This is now. Fine and dandy if they refuse help from the NYPD. If the situation at the parade turns to chit then be consistent and refuse help from the NYPD. The NYPD reflects who NYC is today. They cover the entire human spectrum. They are everything the LGBTQ plus community wants in law enforcement. Is a gay police officer incapable of providing security at a gay event??? If your wearing a body cam all of your actions are subject to review from people judging you on the sidelines. Is that true for all the private security being used at these events???
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:17 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 am ...Why in the hell would an activist from a gay pride group turn down police protection in a situation that could turn violent in 5 seconds? They don't trust the police...
A person or persons within the gay *activist* community doesn't want police protection. OK. But this doesn't translate to "they". i.e. The gay community.
I think I clarified what I meant by "they" a few posts above.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:22 pm I am starting a new topic as the subject is becoming more and more relevant and life threatening for this community.
Whatever happened to being happy about marrying? It never ends. They want to rub everything in your face, quite literally and do it in front of children too.

Now they are promoting pedophilia with the drag shows and pride marches. Many performers are naked in front of children. Do you support drag show pedophilia?
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essex gets sent to the penalty box and Bandito reappears an hour later.

Coincidence?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bandito wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:01 pmWhatever happened to being happy about marrying?... Do you support drag show pedophilia?
TWEEET! Bandito, that's trolling. Go to the box.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

DEPLORABLE
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 am

Just like black people.

There is the name of an SE Hinton novel that answers your question... That was then. This is now. Fine and dandy if they refuse help from the NYPD. If the situation at the parade turns to chit then be consistent and refuse help from the NYPD. The NYPD reflects who NYC is today. They cover the entire human spectrum. They are everything the LGBTQ plus community wants in law enforcement. Is a gay police officer incapable of providing security at a gay event??? If your wearing a body cam all of your actions are subject to review from people judging you on the sidelines. Is that true for all the private security being used at these events???
This is the biggest problem I see with your posts. You seem to think every societal problem today was solved 60+ years ago in that period's civil rights movement.

The NYPD is definitely not the same demographics as NYC as a whole. Body cams are shut off and footage is "lost". "Gay" police officers are nearly non-existent in the force.

Your posts are in the same vein as "we elected one half-black man as president out of 45+, so racism doesn't exist anymore". Sad and tiring.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The its ok for medical professionals to hate act. South Carolina is getting ready to pass a bill that will make it legal for a medical professional to refuse service based on religious beliefs. Of course abortion is in their sights, but more so the LGBTQ community with this law. The law forbids refusing service based on patient race, but that presumably is overridden by religious belief.

I don't see anyway these type of laws are not going to backfire on the states promulgating them. State Licensing Boards are going to have problems with this; State medical schools are going to have problems with this. Out of state medical schools are going to steer graduates away from these states for employment. The state's medical schools will suffer a degradation of their reputation. Then there are consumer boycotts in retaliation. South Carolina's auto industry for example is particularly vulnerable. None of this changes anything overnight, it is a matter of attrition.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:54 am

Just like black people.

This is the biggest problem I see with your posts. You seem to think every societal problem today was solved 60+ years ago in that period's civil rights movement.

The NYPD is definitely not the same demographics as NYC as a whole. Body cams are shut off and footage is "lost". "Gay" police officers are nearly non-existent in the force.

Your posts are in the same vein as "we elected one half-black man as president out of 45+, so racism doesn't exist anymore". Sad and tiring.

The NYPD has a rather large and active gay representation. It has its own website if you’re so inclined to learn:

https://www.goalny.org/in-the-news

Here’s their Instagram:

https://instagram.com/goalny?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 am The NYPD has a rather large and active gay representation. It has its own website if you’re so inclined to learn:

https://www.goalny.org/in-the-news

Here’s their Instagram:

https://instagram.com/goalny?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Already aware. They're doing good work, but still a small fraction of the force.

And you missed the point while trying to pick nits.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

With all the talk that the USSC and other courts will or may possibly be rolling back rights previously granted by courts or by legal rulings, you wonder how much longer will LGBTQ and other communities continue to support the GOP. Log Cabinites and Tea Baggers will now be legally targeted by the right wing so why support their own oppressors? Developments which follow will be interesting, I'm sure.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:14 pm
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad